Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sun June 3

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did MIC. My resting HR is not set correctly (just changed the battery), but my HRM read a calorie burn of 400, although it was probably off. I also did Fluidity for legs/abs and then did Yoga for Beauty - Dawn with Rainbeau.

Diane Sue - What did you think of Sharon? I like her. I think she's pretty tough. In the newer CIA circuit she has out, you actually hold the step and throw it up in the air while doing cardio. It made for an interesting workout doing that! She looks good too. She's athletic looking. I like the music in the CIAs, for the most part, but there is that occasional "cringe" song for me.

Randi - I hear ya on not knowing what rotation to do. I know my body needs more variety than Cathe though, as I start getting used to all of her workouts and I don't seem to respond as well. My body craves massive variety (since it's so used to doing so much different stuff). Let me know which rotation you decide on. I may do one more Cathe rotation before I switch it up....not sure yet. Do you have P90X?

Speaking of P90X -- did you guys see that Tony is fillming a few more workouts to add to the P90X Library! They are in the works....and speaking of filming - Amy Bento is filming new DVDs....one is a 3 day Split routine and I think she's filming an Advanced Step Challenge II but she's going to break down the steps a bit more.

After doing MIC this morning, I can honestly say that I think Amy's just as intense in her cardio as Cathe. I know I see Cathe fans all the time ask questions like....."is it as intense as MIC?".

We're going to the Dollar Theatre to see Perfect Stranger today. Gotta go do the job search thing now. I need to find anything since my unemployment will be running out soon. Next week I'll probably start applying at different stores, etc.

Anyone hear of these workouts? They were discussing them on VF and someone said they are even harder than P90X! I'm curious now.
http://www.amazon.com/Pit-Workout/d...6-2728167?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1180870462&sr=1-1

Good Morning, today is a rest day. I have had so much tooth pain and was sitting up in bed last night so did not get much sleep. I am attempting to go to church this morning though. I got an e mail that two books I ordered were shipped. They were Tosca Reno's Eat Clean(hoping for some good recipes) and Absolute Perfection from Oxygen Magazine. Has anyone else read these?

Lora, I really liked Sharon's use of the bench as a tool other than stepping on it. It made it different.. I will have to check out her other ones. I have Rainbeau's Dawn & Dusk on my wish list at Deep Discount. Those Pit workouts look interesting. I like Amy so will be anxious to see what she comes up with this time. She does have some good intense workouts:)

Hi to everyone,
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning ladies. I just did Cardio and weights ans had to come up to eat. I was getting sick. I am planning on 1 hr on the treadmill in a little after the tummy settles..

Dian Sue, i hate tooth aches. It is horrible.. I have been around, just no time to post. I get on read, and have to get back to work. My mind had been consumed with other things. I am headed back for surg in Aug.Not happy, but not much choice..This time no w/o for 3 weeks then only light cardio for 2 months..I am a little discousted.

Oh, well enough of that. I am goaling of 125/130 for vac. My diet has been terrible and i am cleaning it up.. Only salads at night minimal dressing..
I am watching everything..

I was told by the DH that i needed to drop a few... He needs to look in the mirror...

Well, anyways i am doing this for me..
Well, on to the treadmill.. HAve a great day..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Diane Sue - I meant to mention about your tooth when I posted this morning. I was very surprised yesterday to see that you are still having to eat soft foods. I don't ever remember having that problem past 1 day when I've had extensive work done....although maybe I just don't listen cuz I'm a little piggie when it comes to my food! How much longer do you think it will be sensitive? I hope you're not having complications. Did they tell you how long it should hurt? I thought once the root was out, you couldn't really have tooth pain, but rather just have the pain from the drilling, etc. At least that's what I remember. Did they say they cleared the roots all the way to the tips? I hope so. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Also, I was just reading about Reno's book this morning when I was soaking in the tub reading my Oxygen. I was going to see how much it costs at Amazon. Let me know if it's worth a purchase....as money is tight. I might get The Pit workout if my sales go well this week. I bought another system called Steel Physique from Amazon last week. I'm not sure if when it's supposed to ship.

This morning I tackled Press Play from Cardio Coach. I did the first 4 challenges and skipped the 5th challenge because I wanted to do abs and I was getting really hungry. Had a great workout. It's humid here and I got quite sweaty with all the running.

My inner left knee muscle (IT Band?) was REALLY tight when I got done. I did GS Legs stretch and it is feeling better.

Workout was 1:13, was in my zone for 54 minutes and burned 415 calories! Very happy with that!

Anne - Shall I come take care of your dh for you? I'd be happy to! :)

Hope you all have a great day!

Mornin Maniacs,

Lora, MIC is a toughy, but then again, you don't do anything easy.

Diane Sue, your tooth is still aching? OUCH! Should have it checked. Do enjoy your rest day.

Ann, I'm with Debbie, between the two of us, we can make him eat his words. I wonder why men do that. Jeesh.

Debbie, what does it mean to your body (if anything at all) when you feel hungry? Does it mean you've used up your reserves, what? Just curious.

Hi to Dallys, Jen, Char Randi and anyone else I might have missed.

I'm doing an Interval today. Lots of gardening and watering.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Oh, don't worry he is paying for it.

I just finished CC push n play. All but the last final extra challenge.I am dead here..
5 miles 59 min and 550 calories...
I did knock the recoverys to 3.5 then most of the sprints 6-8mph.
Wow,,,
Guess i can eat today... A bigger salad...
Well, i am dripping and need a bath..
Be around today..

Anne
AKA
Storm

Anne - We did the same workout today! I didn't do challenge #5 either! LOL!!

Janie - I hadn't eaten anything since 8 p.m. last night and I got up late and worked out late. My body needed food. I'm sure I was burning up some of my hard earned muscle. That's why I try not to go too long without eating. Usually 3 hours at the most.

Deb, i let challenge 5 play on and stayed on and cooled down.I was whipped..I thought about it, but nada.. I was going to do 4 and just changed my mind. I never did this one before..
I just made an awesome shrimp salad. Grilled the shrimp w/ cayenne pepper and topped it with some salsa and a wee bit of SBeach ranch.
It is really good...
Deb, i barely made it through cardio w/ weights. I was so hungry i had to come up and eat to go finish..

Anne
AKA
Storm

Lora, from what they said when they did the root canal they had problems finding the canals because they had sealed themselves off. Some were curved as well and they kept having to find the right size instrument to use. They said I would probably want the pain pills. I have stuck with Motrin and Tylenol. The paper they gave me said 24-72 hours but it has gone past that. I too am hoping there is no complications. I don't have time for it. It hurts to bad to chew. Tried that on day 1 and the pain was terrible. I had cottage cheese and papaya for lunch and a smoothie this morning. I bought stuff to make some black bean soup and clam chowder. I will let you know how the books are. I ordered from deep discount because the price was a lot less and no shipping.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey Maniacs!!!

Did my arm workout today instead while listening to Van Halen. Here is what I did:
Biceps:

4 sets/6 db curls with 30's
4 sets/6 Zottman curls with 25's
Cheat curls with 75# bar 20x's
Lastly 4 sets/4 alt curls with 40's

Triceps:

Tricep Ext off smith machine with 50# 4 sets/8
Overhead with 35# db 4 sets/8
Close Grip with bb w/45# 4 sets/8
Lastly 30 dips off bench

My hands were shaking and I spilled protein powder everywhere. lol

Hey Maniacs! I just finished up a 6 1/2 mile walk with my sister and Mom. Had a great time. Then we went and spent way to much money at Costco. I swear, I can't leave that store without at least spending $100 bucks. Need to go buy some potting soil. Dad just brought over a bunch of plants from his Greenhouse. I've got tomatoes and Petunias and some Ivy to plant now. He also re-gifted me a gardening set that my sister gave him...shhhh. Like, his main hobby is gardening and he has everything for it and she gives him a cheapo ladies gardening set? I bet she re-gifted it too. LOL!

Later, and hi to all of ya!:)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Char, I think Van HAlen and think High school, party time..
My fav all time song is stairway to heaven..
Easy, you do not want to get hurt girl...
Those are some big numbers there..
Dallys, i don't buy plants. My Ogilvee girls bring me like 30 flats a year.. I am the perenial queen though. They are coming up nicely..

Diane Sue, feeling better..
Janie, are ya done planting and watering???

Anne
AKA
Storm

Hello Everyone, do you remember me I havent had much spare time lately so i havent got to check in in a while.

Lora- I just want to say a HUGE thankyou for suggesting yoga for beauty with Rainbeau I love it! It has changed the way i look at everything, I know that sounds dumb but it is so true. Im try to fit in some yoga everyday even if its only 20 mins i notice a huge difference already. Thank you!

Today for my workout i did HIIT on the elliptical at 30:60 (work:rest) for 8 cycles, was tough. Then i did 90 min ashtanga yoga the first series with david swenson, Great workout.

Hope everyone is enjoy nice sunny weather, and also having the time to enjoy it.:7

Hello Ladies!

Today is a rest day for me. I was thinking of going for an easy ride, but the 20 mph winds are stopping me. I am SO SICK OF THE WIND!!! I mean, we don't have smog and it does keep our population down, but it sucks for cycling and my hair always looks like crap! :)Summers are supposed to be less windy, but last year and so far this year, no go.

Yesterday was the group ride and I totally sucked. It was so windy and they decided to ride into the wind for a hilly ride. Having asthma and not being able to treat it means that I can not for the life of me catch my breath in the wind. It was so awful. This gal who couldn't keep up a couple of weeks ago (and hasn't even been on her bike since - a super sweetie too) passed me no problem - while talking up a storm!!! And I couldn't catch my breath. Another guy who is really fast and races a lot and is being sent for tests by the Air Force for exercise-induced asthma had to quit at 16 miles out and turn around b/c he also couldn't catch his breath, so luckily his wife (one of my cycling partners) and I went back with him (for a 32 mile ride in all). The way back was sooooo much better not sucking in all that air. It's days like that I wish I could take daily medication for my ashtma b/c that rescue inhaler didn't even touch it. BUT...I'd much rather live daily without migraines. I just wish I didn't have to choose. But in the big scheme of things, it's minor and I'm thankful for the health I have. It just sucks when it's happening and I'm getting passed when I know I'm stronger than that. :(

Thanks for letting me whine.

Diane Sue - I'm sorry your mouth is still so sore. That really sucks. Will you report to us all on Tosca's book? I'm definitely in the market for some great recipes now that DH will be back home and I am obsessed with not gaining weight back.

Lora - Good luck on the job search!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi Ladies
Ok today was my rest day. I have know idea on what rotation to do because i think i'm putting on too much muscle and things are starting to fit tight. Debbie I love your rotation but maybe I should stick with more cardio and less weights I'm so confused!!!
Randi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.