Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sun June 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning ....the last day of my Cathe rotation - called for 30 minute interval run and stretch. I did Cardio Coach 2 on the Treadmill then came upstairs and did a couple Tae Bo Power Rounds (cuz I didn't remember having these and wanted to see how intense they are - they are pretty intense, so I'll be adding them onto some of my workouts). Cardio with cool down was 50" and I burned 360 calories. I then did Lotte Berk Blast 10" for legs/butt and then did Slim Series Cool it Off Express for my stretch.

Charlotte - I've not tried the 2 soaps you asked me about. I couldn't really afford too many soaps....as I recently splurged on that $10 bar of Snake Oil. I just put it in the shower to use today! I was saving it. Smells so good. I think it does have a lot of oil in it.

Diane Sue - I ended up buying some more DVDs from Deep Discount yesterday. I finally got the one 20% off coupon to work. It wouldn't work the other day when I tried. I got Perfect in 10 Stretch & Yoga and another 2 Disc Yoga set for Headaches and Diegestion and a couple other things....can't remember right now. I used DEALCATCHER for the coupon in case you're interested.

Dallys- No - that's not a typo in her book. She is of the opinion that cardio is not worth doing unless you do it at 85% of your max heart rate. I remember when I first read that in her book, I tried it for a couple days, and it was so hard that I got really red in the face quickly and became a bit nauseated. It's hard to keep that intensity up constantly. I can bring it up several times thru the workout, but keeping it there is another story!! I have the Green & Black bands from Beachbody. Last rotation I did (P90X), I used the Green band and it was too easy. I started using the Black one towards the end of the rotation. I can't remember if it was hard or not. I've got to go try it again. I have the door attachment to hook my band at the top of the door. I'm figuring that may work to do some of the moves like the Terry Pulls, etc (one arm at a time)...not sure though.

Have great workouts everyone.....off to get my bath. We're going to see Ocean's 13 later.

Good Morning, today is my rest day. We have a birthday party for my son this afternoon and my son in law is coming in from Afganistan today:) I think I need the rest day. I have been so tired lately due to changes around here. I have been getting up earlier and still getting to bed late. Then lack of sleep. I have had a headache every day since I had the root canal:(

Lora, I purchased different tubing strengths from fwonline and the silver one is so hard to move I hardly use it. The one I got from Beach body with the TJ's is so easy, I also realized recently seeing them together that it is so long you don't have to pull it very far. I had an order at Amazon in my cart for books for my granddaughter's birthday so I ordered Rainbeau Mars Dawn yesterday. DD says it is out of stock discontinued. I would think they would take it off their site. It will be interesting to see what you think of the ones you ordered.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - you probably should have got both Dusk and Dawn ....as they compliment each other well...but I guess you can see if you like Dawn first. I love them...but they aren't real challenging. They are "feel good" ones for me. Yes, I'm really taking chances buying fitness stuff lately. I've been trying to clean out my VHS collection by previewing older videos and so far, I'm not doing to well with getting rid of stuff! LOL. I'm such a pack rat. I did throw a lot out a while ago though. I have the green turbo jam one and yes, it's easy.....the green one I'm talking about is the Extreme one. I'll have to get my black one out that is one stronger than the green extreme and see what I think. I only need that strength for my lats though....not my puny biceps! LOL. Do you know what poundage the silver one is supposed to be? I think the black one I got said equal to 50. Root canals are nasty....as headaches are. I've not been able to sleep hardly at all being on this prednisone. I'm sick of it and the antibiotics are giving me GI distress.

Morning Maniacs! My plans today are a bike ride and a circuit workout. Carma is in heat (joy) so she is housebound for the next 3 weeks. DH is out on his road bike doing a super tough ride in the canyon with about a 10+ mile steep climb. We drove up there yesterday and to see if the road was open and if any bikers were climbing it yet and there were probably about 8 riders doing it. They all had that look on their face. You know, the grimace and agony and on the verge of hallucination look. This is his first time attempting it, so we'll see if it's as tough as it looks.

Lora- Well you won't see me doing a straight 50 min. cardio session at 85% heart rate. LOL! I'll take a Cardio Coach over that! But that's probably where my dh heartrate will be climbing up that long canyon road. I never used the bands for pulling, so maybe the black one will work good for you, if not, maybe you could use both bands at the same time.}( I know the blue is inbetween the green and black. I have the red one too and that's great for biceps and lateral raises, and shoulders, but I sometimes use the green for those too. The little green band that came with TJ is ridiculously easy.

Diane Sue- So sorry you are still having headaches. Have a fun day with your son and son in law. Is SIL home for good?

Where is everyone else? All sleeping in today?

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys- I think I have the Blue & Red one also.....bought them when I got my new Amy Bento's. I like them for smaller muscles. I don't think I can use two bands...as they won't fit thru the door attachment. What did you do when Jillian did Lat Pull downs?

I am really sore all over from yesterdays workout. Even my biceps are sore and I didn't work biceps. I got bruises on my upper arms from doing those stupid front squats. Lovely.

Had a great workout this morning, I did Cardio Coach #5. I really like this one. I was wiped out when I neared the end of Challenge #2 but by the time I got to challenge #3 I had some incredible energy. Felt great!

I also did the ab work from Body Max 2.

Workout duration: 1:05
Average HR: 134 bpm
Time in-zone: 49 min.
Calories: 385

Got a grad party to go too. Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Dh just got back from his bike ride. He went 45 miles. Says the ride was a B@st@rd.}:)D So, I'm sure he loved it.

Finished my workout too.:)

Circuit-no rests-3 sets-15 reps

Terrypulls-30# Used lat pulldown with one arm at a time. worked great! I tried the bands too and they also work great. Fun new exercise!
Side lunges-20#

CG pulldown-70# down to 60# on last set.
Leg press- 155#

Supermans
pelvic thrusts

Hammer curls-15#
Jumping jacks 1 min.
plank twists

Reverse grip curls-8# this is a bad grip for tennis elbow. went light.
Jump rope 1 min.
50 bycyles

workout was 54 min.

Debbie- I hate those front squats. They are ackward. Great job on CC!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - great workout.....you're really making me excited to try the circuits....but I'm planning on doing a week of FF and then try out some newer stuff for a couple weeks......but I'm getting psyched. Thanks!

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Ripped Slim & Lean Triceps segment (24 dips and overhead extensions) 3 X through using 15/12/10. I followed it with the ab segment of the same DVD. Finally, I did all the step combos from IMAX 2 and added on the first three combos again at the end. That step work is so much fun! I have two more days of week three on my one body part per day. (Bummer, when I looked at my calendar today because I really believed I was on week 4!) This month went well weigh-in wise-I lost 1.5 pounds. 1.25 pounds of it was fat :) but the other .25 was lean body mass ;(. My clothes are fitting better and better all the time but for some reason I can't get below 160 and it is driving me crazy. Sorry I have been away so much. I have been trying to read as much as possible on IVF since my DH & I are planning to move forward with it in August or September.

Lora-I posted to you over at yoga (some of the same stuff here, so bear with me) using the Friday thread. Sorry I have not been around as much on the weekends. Work keeps getting more and more frantic, but mostly of the "good busy" variety. I am so jealous you saw Ocean's Thirteen today! How was it? It is getting great reviews!

Diane Sue-Wow! What a busy day you have planned! Glad to hear SIL is home safe from Afganistan. You have quite the military family! You must be so proud-and I am proud for you! :) I really appreciate what our service members go through!

Dallys-Wow! I did not realize how active your DH is. That is very cool! You got in a good workout today! Are you in a rotation right now?

Deb-Nice side bonus that your biceps were sore! Sorry to hear about the bruises..that does not sound fun. Hope you enjoyed your party.

Take care everyone! Hi to all who follow! Miss you all!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.