Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Saturday Sept 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Next week, I will be trying to do a rest day on Saturdays since I'm back to work now and busy on Saturdays.....but couldn't do it this week cuz my hands were in that candy jar too much at work!....so I did Michael Olajide's Trainer's Edge - Killer Back and Abs - Boxing segment followed by The Firm Cardio Inferno. Hardly used the Rebounder, but had my boot on. It wasn't a very intense workout cuz of my foot, although I did try some jumping in the boot a bit to see how my foot handled it. Cardio was 45" and I burned 290 calories. Yes, the HRM decided to work today...got the button unstuck for the moment. I also did Yoga to the Rescue Head to Toe 56".

This coming week is the last week of my book circuits!! Yay! Then I will probably do some functional fitness and hopefully some Squeeze legs and unique stuff to try to crosstrain my body before continuing on to my next rotation.

Julie - yes, I'd recommend either one of Jillian's book's. The circuits that I'm just finishing are out of her first book, Winning by Losing. They start out just a bit easier and get harder as they progress. You do 4 weight workouts a week. 2 frontside and 2 backside circuits and you're supposed to take 2 rest days and do one day of cardio keeping your HR at 85% of max for 50 min straight. I have not been taking the rest days (but don't recommend this...as these are very demanding on the body). I have been doing the 4 weight circuits and 2 days of Interval Cardio (spinning) and one day of easier cardio and yoga on my rest day. Dallys also did these and liked them. Jillian's other book "Making the Cut" also has circuits in it and they are slightly different. Both books do require some equipment, i.e., leg press, cables, etc. We have a leg press in the basement which I run downstairs and use in my circuits, but for stuff like the cable work, I usually get creative and use my resistance bands and door attachment, etc. I'm sure the circuits are even harder than I think.....cuz I've been having to modify the cardio on the Rebounder and don't think I'm getting the full effect, but they are plenty tough for me. You can check the books out at Amazon.com. (my foot is slowly getting better....but I'm still being extremely careful , as the doctor told me to be careful cuz I could refracture it at this point since it's not totally healed....thus the reason she kept me in the boot for now -- cuz I'm so active. It still throbs a bit when I jump in my boot).

Marcia - yes, I'm interested in TT also....but I don't have a good computer so buying an E-book is not really an option for me. Dallys gave me the copy of the program she has and Skwigg's also posted another rotation on her blog that I printed. However, I did spend the money and purchase Afterburn I and II by Alwyn Cosgrove and plan on doing them in the near future. They are similar to TT. I also bought the book "The New Rules of Lifting" which has similar TT programs in it (which Alwyn happened to create for the book) and I also have The New Rules of Lifting for Women on preorder at Amazon......so I look forward to that book also.

Toasty - did you smell Hunter Moon yet? I only ordered one bottle cuz it didn't sound good, but it's amazing. Must try to find some more!

Have great workouts or rest days ladies. Off to do my normal Saturday routine ..............and probably will catch a movie later. I just bought a bunch of dark nail coulors for Fall.....OPI's Russian Navy, Ink, Midnight in Moscow, etc. They are deep deep blue blacks and black red's, as well as Creative Nail's Rock Royalty ....dark purple and a graphite colour. I love this time of year for the deep nail coulours!

Lora- those nail colors sound interesting...think I'll check them out:)

Workout today is Butts and Gutts floor and abs premix. (excited to do this one:) )

Soooo many workouts and so few days!! I want to try everything. Focus, Focus, Focus:+

Have a great Sat.

Good Morning, today is kickbox and some light weight total body work. I may do Tracey's Sweatfest Sculpt. I will also add some other ab work.

Lora, speaking of dark polish, someone on Aromaleigh forums was saying that they mixed black diamond rocks with a deep red and came out with a great deep black cherry color. I ordered some Lush bath products. I wanted to take them on vacation with me the first. May have to try some out before I go:D We are just going to be out in our trailer, but I will have the days to myself and thought sitting in the tub with a bath bomb might be nice. It sounds like your foot is improving.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning was Back, Shoulders & Traps. Had an EXCELLENT workout! I am flying right now. I met some goals and am really happy with my progress with these body parts.

1:30 rest between everything
[font color=indigo]Back[/font]
Wide Grip Pullups: 8
Close Grip Pullups: 10
Chins: 10
[font color=blue]***This is THE BEST I have done with these pulls. I was so psyched when I got done I was bouncing off the walls. LOL! I remember when 2 chins were almost impossible for me. This set a very positive tone for the rest of my workout.[/font]

T-Bar Rows:
55# - 12
65# - 10
75# - 8/8/8 (up 5# and my PB)
55# - 12
[font color=blue]***This was fun. When I got to the 75# I was struggling a bit but got 8 reps out for 3 sets. Then I dropped to 55# and was laughing because it was so easy![/font]

Pullovers:
40# - 12 (up 5#)
45# - 10 (up 5#)
47# - 8/8/8 (up 2#)

[font color=indigo]Shoulders[/font]
Barbell Press:
60# - 10
65# - 8/6/6 (Another PB)
[font color=blue]***I really hate this exercise but it's such a great mass builder. 65# has been my goal when I started this 8 week program. I made it today![/font]

Wide Grip Upright Rows:
55# - 10
62# - 8/8/8 (up 2# and my PB)
[font color=blue]***I love this exercise. These felt really good.[/font]

Lateral Raise:
15's - 12
22's - 8/8 (up 2#)

[font color=indigo]Traps[/font]
Barbell Shrugs - no rest except to change plates
105# - 15
115# - 12
125# - 9
115# - 10
105# - 10
[font color=blue]***By the time I got to the last two sets I was struggling. These get hard when you keep going with them.[/font]

I am so happy with this workout and my progress. I have pretty much met each goal I set with this rotation. Makes me very happy and I feel so accomplished!

I also got on the scale this morning and I was down to 124.8# and under 15% body fat. I am under my goal I set for myself for the summer!

Deb - congrats on meeting your goals!!

Diane Sue - what products did you order from Lush?

Just did my nails with the Russian Navy. It looks nice. I found this website that is fun to buy from. They carry Essie, OPI and Zoya products. It's www.Enailsupply.com. I also am on the wait list for Rescue Beauty Lounge's newest colour Under the Stars which is supposed to be a deep blue/black with flecks of shimmer. They sold out immediately. Their polish is $20 a bottle, but I bought last Fall's hit, Black Russian which was that colour that looked black, but it had deep burgandy flecks of shimmer in it and loved it.

[font color=red size=3]Morning Maniacs![/font] Today will be a nice hard mt. bike ride in the canyon. These always kill me, but in a good way (at least that's what I say when I'm done!). Legs are finally getting used to the bulgarian split squats as I'm only slightly sore today.

Debbie Wow! I can feel your energy coming through the computer! You should be sooooo proud of yourself! Great job on meeting and exceeding your goals!

Enjoy your workouts everyone! And great job on those that have already done one!:)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I did a mixed group of workouts. I started with Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kick box combat segment doing the w/up and combat then I did Amy's KBX interval premix no w/up and stopped after the bonus bag work, then I did Traceys High Intensity Challenge KB premix intervals only, and then the sculpting segment on that dvd using 8 and 10# dumbbells, then finished with Sweatfest sculpt ab premix.

Lora, I purchased Lush Fever massage bar, sex bomb and dream on bath bombs, and Karma bubble bar.

Debbie, sounds like you are reaching your goals. Great job.

Dallys, enjoy your ride.

Happy Saturday, maniacs!

This morning I did Imax 2 followed by Cardio & Weights' compound & heavy premix. As I wanted an upper body only workout, instead of doing the compound movements, I just omitted the leg work and did the upper body movements a bit slower. For example, instead of doing 32 plie squats with upright rows, I just did 16 upright rows in a 2/2 count, and went heavier. I did this for the bicep and tricep segments too. For back, I still did the dead rows/deadlifts, but I went heavier, and for chest, I did the pyramid push ups/side planks. I love C&W's ab segment but today it felt easy. Weird!!!

Amy films today! I hope everything goes well!

Lora - Cool info, thanks! I've never heard of Afterburn. Is it heavy lifting, pyramiding, supersetting? (P.S. I LOVE OPI nail polish and have way too many bottles to comment on! I like dark colors. I will definitely have to try their Russian line!)

Lisa - I LOVE B&G floor work - enjoy!

WD - Great workout. I think I see a Kimberly Spreen in my future. So many people seem to like her and I love kickboxing so I should just go for it (when I have the money). Speaking of kickboxing - Kelly's presale started today - are you ordering either or both?

Debbie - AMAZING! Great job, and what a great workout! Do you own a chin up bar? I can barely do the chin ups with the body bar and towers from Amy's APX. Awesome work, girl!

Dallys - thanks again for TT. Looks way cool. Hope you had an awesome ride! What kind of mountain bike do you have? I have an old Scott, but it still works and it's really lightweight.

Marcia

Marcia, I have not really followed Kelly's presale. I will have to check it out. So far I really like her cardio workouts. On Kimberly Spreen , my favorites are absolutely Kickbox and Kickbox Bootcamp. I was disappointed in her Cardio Camp (not very intense and hated the hi lo segments) Maybe it is just me. She has the new one that uses Yoga that I have had my eye on. Still not sure if I will purchase it though. You are probably getting stonger in the ab segment of C&W. I put a pair of 5# ankle weights around my waist today when I did the planks on Sweatfest sculpt ab segment. It is much harder balancing on 1 arm and 1 leg extended :D Thanks on the heads up on Kelly:)

Marcia - Here's the Afterburn link:

http://www.afterburntraining.com/

Diane Sue - Here's Kelly's site www.Coffeyfit.com and yes, I preordered today!! :) Hope you like your Lush. The bombs aren't real strong....so I'm not sure what you're expecting. Their stuff is more on the natural side, although Sex Bomb is pretty fragrant. I like the HoneyBee scented bomb and Blackberry as well as The Black Pearl and Creamy Candy Bath in the bubble bars. I love Karma....but it's an acquired scent......it's a love or hate type of scent.

Lora, thanks. I would like to have Kelly's step kickbox one. As far as the lush stuff. I probably should have asked you first. I am sure you have tried a lot. I have read all of the reviews and Karma sounds good to me. I don't remember Honey Bee scented bomb so I guess I need to go back and look again:) BTW I got my new Mizuno renegade running shoes and have been wearing them for everything. They hug my heel so much better and have a lot more forefoot cushioning. They were a recommendation from http://www.aapsm.org/
They are supposed to be for overpronaters. Seems to be helping my feet.

Diane Sue - I'll have to check out those shoes. Honey Bee might be discontinued. It was a bomb that smelled like the soap called Honey I Shrunk The Kids which is a toffee/buttery/honey sort of smell. Black Pearl is a blackcurrant and something else scent and of course, Blackberry is berry....but Creamy Candy Bath is a sweet creamy candy scent that I love and it has coco butter bits in it to soften the skin a little bit. The bath melts are very nice for the Winter, however, I can't use anything too oily in the water, as I get bladder infections, so I love Creamy Candy since it has just a bit of moisturizing. Butter Ball bomb is also very nice. You can ask me my opinion next time if you want.....as I don't mind.

Thanks Lora, I may be asking next time. I was kind of in a hurry to order because I was not sure how long it would take for the order to arrive. I have heard of Honey I shrunk the kids soap. DD got me some bath and Body works dulce de leche stuff that reminded me of caramels. Liked the scent. Funny the Sexy hair products has the pumpkin butter that reminds me of dulce de leche. I use bath oils a lot during the winter. It helps with the itchy dry skin from the heat running.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.