Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Saturday March 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning was supposed to be a rest day...but since I ate those evil brownies this week at work, I had to burn some calories. I did Leslie's 4 Mile Walk. I did the jogging on the Rebounder. Workout was 52" and I burned 442 calories.

I also did PY4H with Eion - Shoulder High 34" and the Cooldown Segment of Yogafit Ultra 30". This made for a nice gentle practice and really brought the attention to all of my soreness from yesterday's KB workout. I'm so happy that I'm sore ALL OVER from the Extreme KB workout. I used my heavier KB's. I'm TOTALLY sold on KBs. Have not been so sore for a long time and in places that don't normally get hit, inner thighs, arms, lats and everywhere! Plus it was a good cardio workout! I'll probably be doing KB workouts alternated with Barry's Bootcamp for a while now and maybe try out some of my other "untouched" DVDs while I anxiously await Cathe's new ones.

I've had this workout for a long time but this is the first time I did it. I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't a bad interval workout. Perfect for jamming your own music and just following along...as it's very basic coreography. I was surprised to see my HR stayed around 130 for the lower intensity and higher ones 150's. I will use this more now for low impact options.

I stooped down low at work the other day and got a sharp pain in my knee and now my knee is bothering me. It hurts and feels like it needs to crack. Anyone ever have this? Please tell me it will go away!

Have a great day ladies - off to do my normal Saturday thing. I think we're going to the cheap theatre today.

Lisa- I'm going to buy a 35 lb KB today. I called the barbell store (since I found out they are slightly cheaper than Target....believe it or not!!). $72 for it...........and then I'll be broke! I'm really starting to like KB's, but I think my form can still be perfected. Wish you lived closer and I would meet with you for a personal training session and you can come over and sniff BPAL oils afterwards!! LOL!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is Core Syngeristics for me. I am really feeling good today with tons of energy. Looking forward to SPRING!!!!

Lora,

Thanks for that link last night for the KB. I may have to get some. I did LIS ab work last night and haven't done that one in awhile...got very sore just in the 8-9 mins of the workout. My body has gotten to use to same kind of ab work from the X workouts so I think I am gonna stick with Cathe ab work for now, but I will be checking out the KB stuff too. I know Lisa loves those bells. lol

[font color=red]OMG OMG OMG!!!![/font]

I picked another iTread workout I have that I've never done before. I have no clue what these workouts entail until I do them. This one was a continuous jog/endurance workout. No sprints at all. No rest at all except for two short ones throughout the jog. And I am very psyched to say that I DID IT ALL WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!

I cannot believe it. Granted, I did it at a lower speed then what they called for, but the point is, I kept jogging through the entire 40 minutes of this workout. I actually never thought I could do this. It also had a few hills during the run as well but I did fine on them. I'm so excited about this!!!

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]43 minutes
33 minutes in zone
266 calories burned
2.9 miles travelled
[/font]

Oh and my HRM was dead on today. Changed the battary and it's good to go again. I need to stop buying battaries from Marcs.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I'm done now until Monday!

Linda - I like doing plie squats with the DB because I feel it more in my inner thigh. I'll have to try it with the barbell, was it awkward? Did you feel it in the inner thigh real good?

Char - A tatoo on your wrist? OUCH! Have fun with that! I'm sure it will look cool, though! My pm's are off because I got tired of that stalker, remember? Haven't turned it back on, not sure I will. You can always email me girl. And I love your glasses. I gotta get my eyes checked and get a new pair here soon.

Sandy - SLDL's are Stiff legged dead lifts. The kind Cathe does in GS Legs and her other leg workouts. Not sure what she calls them, though. I think she just calls them deadlifts. Tell your husband to check out www.bodybuilding.com - I don't go there anymore but there is great info on new exercises and anything you need to know about bodybuilder there. It's a men/women site. My dad is doing well, we are going to go see him today. Thanks for asking!

Debbie,

So glad to hear your hrm is working correctly now. I know you hate it when it doesn't work right, but it makes me laugh cuz you just sound so cute when you get mad about it. lol Great workout. Sounds like you had a blast.

So I am looking at my wrist..they are really tiny. I think scorp would have to be 2 inches. lol. I never had a tattoo before so I don't know how it will feel.

Went over to dd's friend house. She is 37. Has 4 kids. The husband is the cook of the family. Seems like the husband and herself didn't feel like making dinner so at about 10:30 at night was deciding on McD's or Pizza. I cannot believe people let their kids just starve like that..these kids are little too. Then wanting to eat at McD's so late...ARE THEY CRAZY???? I decided to leave. That just irritated me.

Hey Girls!

DH and I were going to ride outside today. We should have gone earlier because the wind has picked up. It was really windy all night long and then pretty still this morning and now it's getting pretty windy again. Darn! I'm going to do CC Press Play instead (as soon as I'm finished here). Then legs later after my legs rest. And some bi's, tri's and abs. It's supposed to be about 60 today. Yay!But only about 30 tomorrow. Boo.

Debbie - You put a little bit of liquid soap on and leave it. Water works too, but not nearly as well. CONGRATS on your great workout today. And maybe you have your HR monitor problem fixed!

Diane Sue - I'm glad the tumor was nothing serious. And a BIG CONGRATS on your new grandbaby. I bet she's adorable!

Char - At the place where I got my tatoo, he has a sign hanging that says "Of course it hurts!" I thought that was funny. I think you should get glasses on your scorpion. :p Your glasses look good on you.

ETA: Lora - I'm sure you had those brownies burned off before you even ate them! You work so hard. But I always feel the same way. And brownies are hard for me to pass up too. I hope you enjoy your movie.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi Everyone,

Debbie - Thanks so much for the info and the web site! Good going on the cardio, that's great! Glad to hear your dad is doing well and enjoy your visit with him!

Char - Love the glasses, I've got to get my eyes checked too. Seems like there's a lot of people getting them here lately and I love the styles they have out!

Hi Suz and everyone else here.

My dd and her boyfriend are visiting so I want do a w/o today, well maybe cardio!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Afternoon Maniacs,

This morning was cardio and I decided on IMAX 3 Blasts only followed by the Balst only add on from LIC. My legs were feeling really tired and heavy this morning but I stuck with it, workout was about 45 minutes. Forgot to wear my HRM, but I can tell you that my heart was definitely working!

Debbie - Holding the Barbell in the front really hit the inner thighs, not so much on shoulders. Great job on the Itread, that's a long time to keep running!

Lora - Glad your enjoying your KB. Would love to try them, but there is just no money for me.

Have a great day!

Linda

Did 5 mile run this morning. Had to cut it short as it started to spit freezing rain. Did an extra mile and a half at the gym on a treadmill. I tried to do lower body but my legs were too sore so I only did 2 sets of squats and did upper body and abs.

Lora- You will see the whatever fat you have on you ( I really don't think you have any) melt off of you doing KB. That's what has been happening to me. I love the way it makes my heart raise up quickly and I sweat like a pig doing KB. It's a nice addition to do once a week to screw up the body. I will look at the link you gave to me tomorrow with a GOOD computer. LOL I would love to train you then smell BPAL oils afterwards. LOL :) I saw KBs at Target the other day. EXPENSIVE! The handle looks kind of close to the ball part of the KB. Sometimes if you go to a private fitness store, you can get a better deal than chain stores. The one I go to is all cardio and smith machines. Aw, don't worry about those brownies. I've been pigging out a bit this week myself. Tonight I plan on having a big bowl of ice cream and watch Beowulf. I also rented American Gangsters. I'm so tempted to see all the Saw movies but I'm a little scared of the pig looking freako in a wheelchair...Know what I'm talking about. The first time I saw it, I had a nightmare for 2 nights. LOL

Toasty- You look so cute with glasses on! Why don't you give a KB a try?? I can't believe those parents with their kids! One of my cousin's stupid wife sometimes does not feed her kids dinner because she "forgot". Whatever. She probably ate their dinner for all we know. It doesn't bother me if adults eat dinner very late but kids...It annoys the hell out of me. It's not right. Shouldn't they be in bed way before that anyway?? x( Why don't you get a tattoo inside of your biceps so when you flex them guns, the scorpion tail is ready to attack? Just an idea. :)

Debbie- Way to go!

Suz- Nice seeing you back on here again!

Linda- I hope I didn't insult you or anything. One thing I have to say about me is I'm what you call a "tough" talker. I may seem very snotty on the forum because of my choice of words but I really don't mean to be snooty or anything. It's the way I talk but my voice sounds much different than what the post shows. If I was angry about something, you can see big difference. I'm not trying to put down ACE or anything. It's just not my forte. I believe the trainer should know everything as far as how body works, yadda yadda which is why I believe NSCA is much, much better for trainers but it's very time consuming to study for it. Half of the materials is like studying for an exam in a medical school. There are quite a bit of medical stuff in the materials. I really feel trainers should know about these. I don't know if ACE has that. I know they changed it from a couple of years ago. Anyway, if I seem very standoffish about ACE or anything, I deeply apologize. Last thing I want to do is offend you or anyone on the hardcore thread because you ladies are real cool. :)

Anyway, gotta go take care of the child. He's so hyper right now and I'm afraid he'd delete what I typed as he keeps sitting on top of the desk. Have a great night!

Lisa

Well done with workout. Forgot Core Syng. had towel hops in there. Love them! Was a fun workout. Daughter left for concert tonight. Wasn't plan on eating before she left, but would not let her leave til she ate..was mad at me I made her eat. I think when she leaves the house and is on her own she may put on weight cuz she already is now because she is not eating right. I keep telling her, but she doesn't listen.

Lisa,

That my friend, is an idea! It is not set in stone yet to be on my wrist, but almost. I am still thinking, but I like that one.

Suz,

Glad to hear from you. I don't blame you for a nice bike ride. Planning one Monday. Hope it won't be too windy. Makes for bad riding on those days.

Linda,

I am sure you worked it good girl. Imax 3 blast sounds fun!

Lora,

How was the movie? Are you selling anymore on ebay?

I got my workout in this morning and then we spent time with our grandson and went to see the dd and the new baby for awhile:) My workout was 4Day Split Bootcamp cardio premix(no str), then Traceys Step Mix 2 cardio and abs, Tracey's Parts Glute Camp floorwork, abs, and str, the Yoga Shatki using the Matrix back bend prep, lunge, and Supine segments.

Suz, thanks for the congrats:D

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.