Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Saturday February 23

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning was my scheduled rest day, but I opted for a Recovery workout since I had such a bad day at work yesterday....needed to do something. My choice was NOT good though. I did Patrick Goudeau's Step Appeal. Granted...this was the first time I tried it, but I'll NEVER get this coreography! Now I know why Amy Bento says she's crazy over Patrick.....as their step styles are sort of similar. I had to do my own version of it and I was lost! My HR was only in the 116-126 range...so it was a very moderate workout. I finally popped in AM Latte - Yoga Booty Ballet to finish. Cardio was 58" and I burned 416 calories. I also did Spinervals Vol 3, Segment for Swimmers and Cyclists 35". Liked this one!

Have a great day ladies....off to do my normal Saturday thing. Probably going to the Dollar Theatre today to see an older movie.

Diane Sue - I meant to mention to you the other day when you were talking about wanting more low impact. Maybe you would like a Rebounder. If you don't think you want to spend the money on a quality one at first, just buy a cheapo one from Walmarts and try it a few times and see if you might like it. A cheapo one would last a little while and you would only need to learn the basic technique and moves and then you could basically do like I do and do a lot of your other workouts on the Rebounder or just modify parts of the higher impact things on the Rebounder. It takes a bit of playing around to find out what really jacks your HR up on the Rebounder, but when I do the intervals of Turbo Jam Fat Blaster on it, I've gotten my HR up to 160 and that's pretty good for doing it without the impact, ya know?? Just a thought!

I just got it yesterday, and it is perfect! I did have a barbell and weight set b/4 but the barbell was to long and you had to screw on the ends insted of the clamps. I'm so excited because those weight plates I did have fit the walmart weight set so I can go heavier then 55 lbs!!
Just thought I'd share:)

today i'm doing Step Blast plus coremax tough abs
Have a great day
Randi

Today is my last rest day. DD says I can go back to working out again tomorrow. I miss my workouts. Couldn't even do yoga or anything that I have my head down.

Lora, I might have to look into a rebounder. Was the Spinervals you did the yoga one? I really do like that workout a lot.

Randi, I have a long barbell with screw on collars. I bought the clips and use on it. I also have a shorter ez curl bar too. I have extra weight plates that I use on both. I am sure you will like the shorter bar. My long bar weighs 15# and my ez curl weighs 11 so I have to make weight adjustments accordingly. I bet you really enjoy using the shorter one. I always have to look to make sure I have plenty of room around me:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane sue - I must have missed what's wrong with you that you can't workout. What happened? Yes, It's the yoga vol 3 one with the different segments on it. I'm going to do a search to see what volume 2 is like since the description is not very ....well....descriptive!

Diane Sue
If you want a shorter bar I think the one I got is perfect it's 19.99 but shipping is like 17 dollars.:)

Got on the scale today and I'm up to 130#. I'm surprised it took this long to get there. Weird thing is, I can still get into my skinny jeans and I don't see much change in my body. My abs are a bit fluffy as are the backs of my legs but that's about it. I'm thinking I've gained more muscle.

Today's workout was definite puke status. OMG, this superset workout about killed me. This is what I did:

2 minutes rest between each set (and that wasn't enough!)

[font color=red]SS #1[/font]
[font color=indigo]BACK/CHEST[/font]
Pullovers:
40# - 15/15/15 - (up 5#)
superset w/
Incline Dumbbell Press:
37's - 15 (up 2#)
35's - 15 (same as last week)
[font color=blue]30's 15 (down 5#!!!)
***As you can see with the presses, my strength gave out big time. I think because the pullovers were so heavy and I indirectly worked my chest muscles. This was one tough superset.
[/font]

[font color=red]SS #2[/font]
[font color=indigo]QUADS/SHOULDERS[/font]
Bulgarian Split Squats:
75# - 15/15/15 (up 5#)
superset w/
Hammer Grip Front Raises:
15's - 15/15/15 (up 3#)
[font color=blue]***This was a total hate/love superset (notice the word hate is first!) Both exercises took everything I had for each set.[/font]

[font color=red]SS #3[/font]
[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS/TRICEPS[/font]
Hamstring Curls:
50# - 15/15/15 (up 5#)
superset w/
Weighted Bench Dips:
55# - 15/15/15 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***This one was very grueling as well. I was wiped out by the time I hit the 3rd set.[/font]

[font color=indigo]CALVES:[/font]
4DS Calf work (love love love this calf work!!!) Used 30's for the weighted section.

That is all....

Linda - Wow, that is scary about your shoulder. I hope it's ok? Does it hurt today?

Sandy - with week 2 you start the supersets. Same exercises as last week only in superset fashion. Follow my rotation chart, week 2 should show that the exercises are in superset fashion.

Good Afternoon,

Aaahhh...the sweet feel of DOMS. Yesterday's workout was a success and I have the DOMS today to prove it! I really concentrated on the negative of each move. Today was cardio and I did DM cardio blast then ended by doing drill #5 again. So I guess that brought in somewhere just over 40 minutes. Again I have to say it didn't seem as hard since I started the CC's.

Does anyone remember the name of the shampoo Anne recommended? I am too lazy to do a search for it, but I will if I have to.

Debbie - That's the really bizarre thing, my shoulder now feels fine. No pain, no ache, nothing! Just hope it doesn't do it again! I have a high tolerance for pain and that put me on the floor!

DianeSue - do you have any guilt free recipes for when the sweet tooth hits? I know you are cooking all the time. I need something to help keep me out of trouble!

Have a great day!

Linda

Lora, I have looked at the Spinervals 2 yoga and I thought that it sounded good too. On yoga 3 I use all of the segments but usually find that I want to omit the energy one most of the time. It might be good before a workout though. I posted Thursday that I went to my DD office and she set out to remove what we thought was a cyst on my head. She said it was softer than a Cyst usually is. Once she got in it was a fat tumor. A vein was into it. She had to cauterize the vein. She said if I worked out or even did the down dogs of yoga I could cause it to start bleeding and it would run down into my face from under the skin. So, I have been trying to be good. Makes me grumpy when I can't workout. I was glad that I got up at 4:30 and did my cardio before I went in. If I would hav known I would have worked some weights into my workout too. I guess almost 3 days is not to bad. I talked to her yeasterday and said I wanted to do something tomorrow. She was sort of slow on giving me the ok. She looked at it this evening and said it looked good.

Linda, I remember Anne posting a shampoo but I cannot remember what it was. Maybe you could just e mail her. Anne knows her hair products.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.