Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Saturday Aug 16

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I didn't hear my alarm and overslept (I'm working today - got asked to fill in for the other girl at the last minute). I only did 20 minutes of Leslie's 4 Mile Walk and then Ab/Core from CIA Amy's Hi/Lo Kickbox and stretch. Wanted to fit yoga in but no time. NEED it though. Workout was only 43" and I burned 340 calories........I guess it was a rest day.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Well I have had enough of this rest, but I tell you it is really improving my neck and back being a blob here. lol. Good thing though! I do need to get on elliptical though and do some ab work or I will go CrAzY!!!! I am gonna put the level on a higher setting to make the muscles in my legs work harder since I can't use the barbell...(sneaky this way)..hehe.

Well I just checked out the BPAL Halloween update. I got these:

Harvest Moon, Sticky Pillowcase, Fearful Pleasure and Katrina Van Tassel.

They also have some nice linen sprays so I got All Hallow's Eve and a sample of Cathouse.

Ya'll work them bodies today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uh....yeahhhh...you are far from a blob, Toasty. This rest is doing you good, but I understand the stir crazy feeling.

Is BPAL like Isle of Eden? I love Isle of Eden. I have enough of it,though, for a small army of women, so I'm holding off on any purchases till October.

Morning Maniacs! Today is a rest day, but I'll still be doing 10 min. trainer Cardio and Slim Series Cool it off. Shouldn't be to taxing.

DAMN Dallys.. How on earth?
I kill myself skating for two hours (twice a week at BEST) and look at you! That's great!
Pebbleus- I'd love to try the skating too. It looks so fun and I bet it's a killer workout!:cool:

I got BodyMax 2 from the yaya swap in the mail today---yay! I previewed the upper body and abs and didn't think the upper body looked super challenging, but I struggled more than I thought I would. I did that and the abs. Tomorrow I'm going to Santa Monica to run stairs with my friend somewhere near the beach. How I feel after that will determine Sunday's workout.
Hermia- Gosh, running stairs looks like so much fun! Love how a bunch of us are doing such different things. Great that you got BM2, that's a good one!

Lora- I slept in today too. Got up at 8:30. Of course sleeping in that late'd be unheard of for you.:p

Char- Have fun on the elliptical! I'm sure cardio is fine for you to do. If you are feeling antsy for weights, just work on non-weighted/light weight lower body for awhile. I'd give your upper body and neck more time to rest, since you say it's working.;)

Got my workout in. Funny how the two week break left me with doms in my legs. Although I have not been on the treadmill in awhile. Today I did Cathe's 4Day Splt Low Intensity cardio only and calves, then I did Low impact circuit Circuit premix timesaver cardio blast skipping the warm up. I then did Butts and Guts Core with 5# ankle weights. I would like to do some yoga but maybe later today:)

Charlotte, not working out is hard. I did it for two weeks and am easing back in. I do believe that I have more doms from my workouts. I weghed in today (first time in over 3 weeks) Still at 113#. Even though I ate pie and other not so good things at my Dad's. Give it a rest it is good for you. My foot feels better, my right shoulder feels better. Maybe I should have laid off longer because I still have hip and glute issues. Hurt horribly sitting in the car for hours. I just found that my appetite decreased and made up for the non workouts:) I have been holding back on the bpal stuff. Gosh, I have and obsession with Lush and Aromaleigh and also Villainess on a lesser scale, then there is Avon that my dil is doing again, (funny my nephew's wife is sellling Mary Kay and I do have to hunt for items to order) Hope I do not offend anyone but I feel like it is overpriced stuff that I could buy at Walmart or somethng. I also love Bare Minerals stuff and have recently ordered from there. I don't think I can handle anymore spicey scent which usually come out around halloween-Christmas. I have candles here that I almost dread lighting.

Hermia, am, I needing to check out Isle of Eden?? Not that I need anything else LOL

Dallys, is the 10 minute trainers a rest day LOL. Somehow I doubt that they are that light. But I know how the need to do something is LOL So, is Rob going to leave the nest or be another pet? LOL I remember my Dad's stories about an owl they had. Took it in the car with them. It kind of blended in the seat.

Last edited:
Well I just finished on the elliptical. I was watching the Chiller Channel and they had these 4 min commercials on, over and over again. I was like GEEZ!!!
Anyhoo..

Speeds 4-5mph (very slow for me as not to jerk my neck and back too much)
Time: 40 mins
Travel: 2.9 mi (told ya it was slow going..lol)
Burned 345 (which was not bad for slow moving)

Gonna eat lunch and then work abs.

Hermia,

Now you know, I am gonna have to check that site out too. OMG! Thanks! lol. But yeah, I think BPAL is the best perfume company so far. I have tried Lovepotionperfume, and theirs is much lighter. I am one for scents that last longer. Some people prefer the lighter scents, then I would recommend lovepotionperfume.

Diane Sue,

I think your glutes hurt more because you do all them lunges with 25# db's in your hand, but I hear what your saying though..just having some fun with ya.
There are alot of things to get addicted too, huh? I am very curious about everything it seems like. Naturally so, I think our appetites do decrease when we don't workout. I know mine always has. I am 116 now, but I fear I have lost muscle though. My husband, Bobby did get that scale that shows your weight and bf. Actually, it seems pretty accurate because it reads the same as my omron does. I have been eating chocolate everyday, but I eat the very low sugar and dark chocolate. I don't eat much of anything else that has much sugar so I too feel like I can get away with it. I think when people drink soda's all day long especially is when they run into trouble...think about ALL that sugar now> LAWD! I think you look amazing though at 113. I like your newest pictures. You have always inspired me.

Bionics,

There is a trialthalon (sp?) going on here. Swimming is involved. Lots of biking and some running. You know you want to come down here and bike with me. lol. Have a great workout!

Charlott, just remember that muscles have memory and they will be right back where they were in a short amount of time. I doubt you have lost much. I don't really think that I have. I took my avatar picture last night. I think I may have lost some of the cuts but diet has been awful.
Yes, I am one to check everything out. I bookmark them and read everything. I eat sweet treats sometimes too. Love Dark Bittersweet chocolate. Soda's add so many useless calories. Sodas are bad anyway because they leach the calcium out of your bones. I like stronger scents too. Ones that last a long time. I love candles. Have them or oils burning all over the house.

Diane Sue- I figure 10 min. of Cardio wouldn't be to much for a rest day. Just want to get my body warm before I stretch. 10 min. trainers aren't that hard on you, if you only do one, although they're great for that 10 min.. Nope, Rob won't be a pet. He's pretty wild and we've tried not to handle him more than we have to. We've also kept him outside in his little dog crate so he can hear all the other birds and sounds. We move it around the yard some, so he can get used to his surroundings before we let him go.

Char- The triathlon sounds fun...to watch, lol! I can't swim very well and my running...well we won't even go there. I'd love to be able to do all that though.

Oh! One more thing. Since I'm also a Lush addict, I thought I'd tell you all that the Code MOMFACE08 still works and it will get you a free face cleanser of your choice. Not that any of you needed to know that. :p

I guess it'll be a rest day.. I was all set to workout, but Im just pissy and disgusted at the messy house.. and I need to grocery shop (Im on a special diet and I can't keep enough food in the house- shopping 3 times week >:-<
hehe
I have to come up with a new routine for the house (I got 1 month membership at the gym to use the squat rack, but Im not renewing just yet).. so i have to figure out how I want to continue heavy strength training at HOME.. hmm..

Evening:)

It has been a busy day and a good day.:D Just a quick check in as I'm about to wash my hair and it takes hours. This morning, I walk a little over 2 hours, needed that:eek: I'll check back soon.

Quick check-in. Ended up doing 10 min. Trainers Cardio and Yoga Flex (instead of Cool it Off). Yoga Flex is pretty good for only 10 min. . It's mostly the basic yoga stretches the we all know. Like Sun Salutations (only 2), hamstring stretches, pidgen, spinal twists, warriors, etc. Not perfect, but not bad either.
When you press Play All in the menu, it leaves out the warm-up, goes right in to Cardio followed by Yoga and then does the cool down at the end. These are both on one DVD.

Dh is making Pizza! Good eats tonight!:p

Dallys, thanks for the heads up on the Lush Coupon. I need to get some more Jasmine Henna Fluff Ease conditioner. Want another bar of Jungle too:)

The stairs were awesome! great workout! The staircase was huge (I'm a bad judge of actual distance, sorry...); I went up it twelve times doing two stairs per step about 95% of the time. It was located in a really nice Santa Monica neighborhood. There were quite a few other people there working out, not just stairs, but abs, pushups, chinups, etc, so it was a nice atmosphere. Afterwards we walked down to the beach and did some stretches, and then a little later we went on a hike, not too long but steep; there was a great view of LA from the top, and a great view of the "marine layer" (aka smog, or airborne syphillis).

I generally do legs twice a week, and this week I've only done weighted legs once, but I think this is gonna count for #2. I expect my friend and I will both be quite sore. I just did the flexibility/relaxation part of 10 min yoga solution and now I'm gonna go to bed here in a little bit. Didn't get any work done today so tomorrow I'll have to be good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.