Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Saturday 8-19

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did about 45 minutes of Seasun's Rock Steady Step followed by the Core/Ab segment (from Seasun's The Next Step) with a 6 pound medicine ball and stretch segment x 2. I then did Yoga Shakti Dancing Warrior 3, Back Bend Prep, Supine Poses, Twists and Bends and Inversions (about 45 min).

I followed the first 20 minutes of Seasun's Rock Steady before I started to get really confused, but I left it running and tried to follow the best I could. This will take a LONG time for me to learn, but it's another one that looks fun when you learn it. I think I'll stick to working on this before I attempt The Next Step again (for a while). I have enough complex coreography to keep me "learning" until I'm 50!! LOL. I guess that's one way to keep your brain working.

Did Diana Sue go camping?

Have great workouts everyone and hi to everyone who follows.

Debbie - have you been seeing results from the rotation your doing? Do you like it? Did you sid my question about air conditioning? Do you have it? It got really humid here again also. We don't live that far from each other. It's supposed to be nice again starting Monday.

I'm off to soak in my tub. I'm not sure what movie we'll end up seeing. Probably Snakes on a Plane...cuz there's not much to choose from.

Good morning Lora! Enjoy the movie!

I am busy all day, so a WO will be later. My rotation calls for a breakdown circiut, by I will have to play it by ear with my neck/shoulder as to whether or not I will lift today. I am supposed to do PUB tomorrow too.
So far so good, but yesterday it didn't start to hurt till the afternoon, so we will see. I hope it is alright. I am almost done with this rotation, and I LOVE lifting, so not being able to will be a big bummer!

Morning Charlotte, Diane Sue, Deb, Marcia, Stephanie, Anne, and everyone else!
Hope you all have a great day!:+

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/152/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Good morning, Lora and Meg.
I have KPC on line for the day.
Had a really hard time at GS BSB last night.The shoulders and bi's were killing me. Many more breaks included. A cold is coming on and i am tired and i had missed a day so had to w/o.
Have fun at the movies?
What's that ?? I haven't gone in years.
I am heading off to work , so talk to you all later.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Diane Sue - not sure you'll see this today since you are going camping. I can't find that recipe. I must not have the nutrition guide from Oxygen. I have the Fat Loss one and thought thats what you were talking about. Can you post the honey salad dressing you mentioned? I'd like to give it a try.

If I don't hear from you today I'll pm you and you can answer when you get back. Thanks!

Good Morning,
I stayed up till 2 am doing neglected paperwork so slept in this morning. Now my neck is sore and I have a headache from looking down for hours. My dd said when she had started med school that they told them to expect neck pain and headaches from all of the studying they would be doing. We decided not to go camping this weekend so I will do cardio, probably some time on the treadmill, abs and some much needed stretching for my shoulders and neck.

Lora, that issue of Oxygen says Fall 2006 on it. I go to Buy For Less to do grocery shopping here and they carry the older special issues as well. I went back and looked and after I did the 90 day rotation I moved into some GS and Bowflex and then kind of skipped around for a little while. After spending that long on one series I seemed to lose a little focus. It has taken me a little while but I have gotten back into rotations the last couple of months. I like the dancing warrior 3 on Shatki. I think it is the music on it. My grandson was in the w/o room with me when I was doing it and he had to get up and do that segment too:)

Meaghan, I am sorry you are having neck and shoulder problems. Do make sure you are careful what you do. It is not worth the misery to get in that extra workout. Something I have to remind myself of all the time:) Maybe just substitute and do cardio and stretching since you are going to be doing upper tomorrow.

Charlotte, its good to have you back. Glad you enjoyed your vacation.

Debbie, I posted to Lora about the Nutrition issue. Here is the recipe. It is really easy.
1 cup nonfat plain nonfat yogurt or soy yogurt,1 1/2 TBS Dijon mustard,2TBS honey, 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar, pepper to taste. Combine all ingredients in a jar. Secure the lid and shake well. Refrigerate. After 30 minutes dressing is ready.

Anne, it looks like you made up your workout:)I hope you get to feeling better. I know 2 of my grandchildren were running fevers for a couple of days.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Diana Sue - I know what you mean about the loocking down and neck pain/headaches. Thanks for the above info. I wanted the Dijon dressing recipe also. I never thought I'd like not doing aerobics every day, but I have been liking it.....but I'm thinking when I'm done with P90X, I'll need to shake things up a bit since I'm still trying to lose weight. I'll probably play around with stuff for a bit and then do a Cathe rotation (most likely Fat Loss). I really like the music in Dancing WArriors also and I really wanted to do a longer dancing warrior segment, but I was running short on time.

Megadoo - Take care of your neck/shoulder. I can relate. I'm having some flare up of my problems also.

Anne - sorry your not feeling well.

This morning I did another full body workout. Had a blast. My dh had to work so I was able to blast my music.

This is what I did:

Each exercise I did 3 sets/15 reps with a 60 second rest period between sets:

Plie Squats: 55# (my glutes are still sore from the 65# lunges I did on Wednesday!)
Flat Dumbbells Bench Press: 30's
Leg Extensions: 50#
T-Bar Row: 50#/45#/45# (felt a tweak in my low back while doing 50# so I dropped to 45. Really felt this one in my upper back)
Barbell EZ Bicep Curls: 35#/35#/30# - EZ my @ss. This was hard!
Tricep Dips off weight bench

Ab work consisted of:
Knee Raises on Power Tower with 3 lbs ankle weights on each ankle - 3 sets/15 reps - 1 minute rest - really felt these.
Wrapped the ankle weights around my waist and did 1 minute planks. When I got down to 20 seconds I did knee-ins. Rested 1 minute between sets.
Bike Maneuver (no weights) - 1 minute - 1 minutes rest (really felt these, one minute is a long time!)

Lora - we have A/C but I don't run it unless its 95 degrees outside. I'm thinking of turning it on today,however, it is REALLY humid here. Yes, I am seeing some good results with this rotation. Mostly muscle mass. My legs are looking very muscular but I need to get rid of that layer of fat. I'll work on that in the spring, right now I just want to concentrate on muscle gain.

Diane Sue - thanks for recipe! I appreciate it, it sounds excellent.

Hope you all have a great weekend and workouts!

Wel I got in my workout and here it is 1 oclock. Boy I need to get dressed LOL. I did Power half hour ab burner(good w/u for cardio) then treadmill run 3.25 miles, abs doing 4 sets each hanginging knee raises w/ 10# med ball 15 reps, 35#barbell rollouts on toes 15 reps, 160# kneeling Bowflex crunches w/ lat tower 25 reps, 1 set barbell rollouts on knees w/ 45# barbell, Yoga Shatki shoulder openers and supine , Stretch Max w/ band.

Lora, I bet you do have to deal with neck pain and headache with your job! I am sure there is lots of looking down. I have done days of no cardio before and really think I enjoyed the weight workouts more. I bet after this rotation if you do a fat loss one you will see more definition:)You have been putting a lot into this.

Debbie, hope you enjopy the recipe. It is fun when your alone and you canup the volume and not worry about bothering anyone and just enjoy it. Good workout. I never thought of using ankle weights when doing pikes. I have left my Jolie shoe wieghts on when doing them which I guess would mean I am pulling an extra couple of pounds when going up into the pike. Smart move bringing the weight down on the t bar rows. Are e z curls harder because of the type of bar?? I almost always use a barbell when doing triceps dips. On MM yesterday I did the O/H triceps and then grabbed a 45# bar for the dips.

Have a great weekend,
Diane Sue

ttp://wd.1ww.us

Diane Sue - great workout! I use to do EZ curls all the time and thought they were easy, but before I bought my weight bench I didn't have an EZ curl bar anymore. I guess I'm just use to doing them with a straight bar and doing it with the EZ curl bar was just different and just seemed harder to me. I really got a good contraction using the ankle weights around my waist for planks. I'll have to try it with pykes next time I do them.

I got that Nutrition magazine today, I wonder why subscribers don't receive these magazines automatically? I think I'm going to email Bob Kennedy and see. Anyways, none of the recipes have nutritional values on them, I haven't read the entire book yet so maybe they are somewhere else in the magazine.

Well ladies, i left work early and left my daughter to fend.It was nice being home before 6 .
I ended up doing lomax today. Much needed cardio.
I need a day of weights break.
You know i must be getting in better shape. it was actualy kinda easy today.I do like the less impact.
You know i was just looking at my dh stuff and just never use his stuff (because it is so loaded up)and we have a pull down or shoulder press bar machine.
I just may have to make use of it.
I think i really want to sell my old soloflex and get a bow flex.
I may have to discuss this with him.

Good question on the oxygen mag. I get it and never got it either.
Well, have a great weekend.
Anne

I got me a Magic Bullet today! No, not the sexual thing, the blender thing. I can't wait to use it for my protein drinks and such. Omlettes too. Too cool! I think I'll go whip something up with it right now! Yay! :)

Debbie there is a page after a bunch of recipes with nutritional values. I have a Magic Bullet and love it. It is so convenient. I think I use it everyday. I was making the family iced cappucinos and my Son in Law ordered one that came with the extra one. I bought mine at a Gordman's here. I ordered the cookbook as well. Great for quick soups and of course protein drinks. I think if something happened to it I would go through Magic Bullet withdrawals while dragging out the blender LOL
Diane SUe

Diane Sue - I did find the page with the nutritional value. How can one cup of that Nonfat Honey Dijon dressing be 30 calories for 1 cup? The yogurt alone is at least 80 calories a cup. Weird. I wonder if thats right?

I just used my Magic Bullet. Cool thing indeed. I have to practice the pulse thing, I ended up making a suffle instead of an omlette. LOL! It was still good.

Do you use the cross blade for everything? I think the flat blade is for coffee and stuff like that. I love this thing, I'm so glad I bought it. Now I can put that huge blender out of my way! Yay!!!

Debbie, I will have to go back and look at the nutritional info. That does not sound right. Maybe I need to put the info in my mastercook program and see how it comes out. I just figured with the ingredients the fat had to be practicaly non existant and the sodium would have to be low. I use the cross blade for most things. I think I did have some spice that was not ground and I used the other blade to grind it for a recipe. I put my blender away. My Magic bullet sits out all of the time. I made the grandchildren the chicken quesadillas using it and then mixed fat free ranch dressing and salsa for a dip. They loved it and my daughter ended up using the recipe as well. I use the low carb tortillas or whole wheat ones myself.
Diane Sue

Debbie, I put the nutritional information on the salad dressing on my Master Cooks. I set it at 2 Tablespoons like most dressings and it came out to 35 calories, 0 fat, 7 carbs, 2 protein, and 59 sodium. That would probably be about right with what they have.
Diane Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.