Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Sat urday Jan 6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I planned on doing an active rest day - little bit of cardio and some yoga. I ended up doing Stomp 2 Step Showdown. I was going to do the Rebecca Small segment that I learned last week, but I ended up skipping to the next instructor and was going to try his as a warm up and I ended up REALLY liking him. His (Marcus Oliver Kluik) segment was off Dance Step and was so much fun. I did it a couple times thru (got a bit confused at the end, but got it a little more 2nd time thru)....then I moved onto Rebecca's segment and I ended up struggling with it a bit and had to do it a couple times thru to pick it up again (except for the very end...was confused). Anyway, this led to a 70" minute step session of moderate intensity. I burned 350 calories and it was fun.

Marcus Irwin has a website with all of these instructors from Europe that teach step and they are all on Evolution Production DVDs. He's got quite the sales gimmick with these Step Showdown and Aerobic Showdown DVDs. Each DVD has about 10-12 instructors on them with a segment ranging from 10 to 30 minutes and when you do them, you like the person, and that makes you want to go out and buy their DVD!! So I guess Marcus is no dummy. I would like to buy the Dance Step DVD now
cuz it was fun.

I think I need to stick with learning one segment at a time though as it gets too confusing. I tried to do another instructor, but was totally lost...so I stuck with the others.

Does no one else on here like dancy step besides me??

Charlotte- I posted last night but I'm not sure you saw it. I just got my C&S for my Wolf Moon order Friday....so I won't have it till Monday (if the PO is caught up).

Have great workouts. I've got to go put Walmart stuff away and get ready to get my bath with my Bling Crosby bubble bar.....smells so good!! Not sure what movie it is today and then it's onto Ebay business as usual.

Have great workouts.

ETA: I forgot....got so entralled in my step discussion. I also did Rainbeau Mars Yoga for Beauty Dawn series........this felt so good. I really wish she'd come out with more DVDs soon.

Moerning ladies... Well, no w/o for 2 days. I have been sick. I thought my lungs were coming up yesterday. I called the Dr. She called me in a z-pack. I hit the bed as soon as i got home. I feel so much better today....I have picked up everythng this year..I am sick of being sick...

Hoping to get something in tonite.

My preop went good . Dr has me scared of the pain . Perks and muscle relaxants. Filled the husband in.
He wants me doing no w/o for 1 month.No weights for 2 months.He said it can cause CC. I can walk gently on the treadmill. I am bummed..I know i will do legs freestyle w/ no weights. B&G will work w/o the poundage. I can't totally loose it all.I am really going to have to watch the diet....

Lora, sounds like your job is going better..It will come...

Diane Sue, one heck of a workout. I am totally impressed.I wish i had the time to attempt that much in a day...

Hi everyone. I have to get to work. Try to check in later.

Morning Maniacs!

Anne - hope you get better fast.

My upper body is so sore this morning I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck. Holy crap! Guess I really worked it yesterday. :)

Getting ready to do my treadmill. Be back later...

Good morning maniacs!!

Anne, so sorry your sick again...get better quick. you will get through the pain, it's worth it. Has anyone gotten a chest x-ray on you yet? I know your daughter had pneumonia right? I would think after all this time being sick they would at least get a chest x-ray. It's been over a month right?

Debbie, I just figured out...you are the rotation queen, I had never checked out that part of the forum. You rock woman!!! I will be hitting you and diane sue up for some rotations once this is done. Like maybe a weight loss one...hehe

Lora, sounds like your learning the ropes...and sounds like a very big firm. Are you catching onto the legal mumbo jumbo...

Suz...missing in action? I hope your migraine has subsided...what a bummer? were you able to legs and back yesterday.

Char..dd as a vet..I would be thrilled. It's a tough road I've heard, tough to get in to vet school. I heard OSU has a great program for that. My bosses brother is a vet...and loves it. God knows they make a ton of money! I wish I had a vet in the family...hehe

p90x'ers I've decided yesterdays legs and back is my favorite...I have really noticed a difference in my legs the most...the upper leg fat and butt fat seems to be moving around.

DH says don't worry about the poundage...your building muscle and that is what counts, sounds like diane sue, meg and the rest of you, I sure do appreciate the positives you ladies provide. I'm not giving up...i feel tighter and toned and that is all that matters.

Got my bikini's yesterday from victoria's secret...meaning I have to try them on today to be sure they are all right, wish me luck. Thank god we don't have any flourescent bulbs in this house!!!

Dallys..are you back to the normal routine yet?

Hi to all that follow..

Amber

Lora...I love dancy step..that is why I got hooked on Cathe. But, I'm learning to love kickboxing..kenpo and am really intersted in the one instructer who mixes step and kick boxing..is that kelley coffey. I'm going to get that.

Enjoy your bubble bath woman, you deserve it.

Ok...off to make the family eggs and pigs, oops, I mean bacon.

Amber

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Woke up with DOMS in my butt and back of neck. Weird about the neck..guess it is all the pullups? Yup, my butt feels like someone poured concrete in there. Today is Kenpo...yee haw!

Realtor coming early this morning to take pictures of our home as we ditched the other realtor. Hubby and I looked at homes online again. The one we want is the only one for us. Nothing else appeals to us so I hope no one snatches the home we want. We still have $ down on it.

Anne,

I hope you get better soon too. I know when I worked in daycare, I was always sick...so many germs. If you have a image in your head of what you want, you will have it...yup, just eat clean if you can't workout for alittle bit. Don't push yourself though. I remember I had a cyst removed from my breast not too long ago and the next day I continued to do my chest work and now I have a scar there. If I would have waited a week, there would be no scar.

Amber,

Yes, love the leg work too. Made me sweat pretty good. I have heard others say that the leg work in P90X is not as good as Cathe's, but personally I think it is just right for me. JMHO.

I hope the bikini's work for you. I have too many. I collect bikini's. lol. I hate the bright lights in the dressing rooms...makes you feel like you didn't workout hard enough. Hate them!!!!!

Yeah, I am proud of dd and she will be starting out as a vet. tech. when she gets going and then keep on to when she gets to be a vet. She loves science too and I think she would be good at it.

Debbie,

YOU ARE A MACK TRUCK...You run over the weights, they don't run over you!!!!!

Lora,

Well good grief, hope it comes to you soon..that wolf moon. You are gonna like it.

Charlotte~~

Amber - Yep, I do quite a few rotations. My screen doesn't show them all anymore, I have at least 7 rotations and only see one of them on that forum right now. Not sure why. I have them all saved though, so if you'd like to see them, let me know.

Char - My neck gets sore, actually, my traps get sore when I do pullups. Maybe thats what got you sore? Excellent on the DOMS!

This morning I did Cardio Coach #6. Had a good workout except for a couple small mishaps. The first challenge is 4 minute jog/runs and by the time I got to the third one (there are 4), my ovaries felt like they were cramping like they do when I start my period. Anyone have this happen before? It happens quite a bit when I run and I can't figure out what it is. After that challenge and the 4 minute steady state it went away. Weird. Then with the last challenge my freakin' Mp4 player decides to die. OMG! I was quite pissed. I just did the challenge as best as I could on my own. I then stayed on the treadmill until I reached one hour then cooled down and stretched.

Total workout was 1:11, I was in my zone for 54 minutes and burned 389 calories. Traveled 3.58 miles.

Hope you all have a great weekend and workouts!

Got my workout in and we are going to go look at 3 houses later today. I started with Kick Punch and Crunch stopped at the abs and ran 2 miles on the treadmill, then I did KPC abs and Ab Ripper X & added 2 sets ea 15 reps 50# barbell rollouts on toes and hanging knee raises with 10# med ball, I finished off with Yoga X start to 23 minutes into the workout then forwarded to the crow and finished total yogax time was 59 minutes. My lats and arms are sore today. I had a hard time hanging onto the 15# med ball doing Ab RipperX. I also wore my 1# shoe weights.

Lora, it sounds like you are having some fun with the new workouts:)

Debbie, I don't know if you read my post yesterday where I did somewhat of a comparison of Candace & Sean CC#6. I don't know about the cramping feeling you are having with your ovaries. I have never had that happen. Although running brings out anything that might have been a mild discomfort before I started.

Anne, I hope you feel better. As Charlotte said you can hold off working out. Just eat really clean. I did that when I had knee surgury and spent my extra non workout time wiping shutters down and stuff. Follow the doctors orders.

Charlotte, have fun with Kempo X. I haven't done that one in awhile. My grandchildren like to do that one with me. They like Tony. He is like a big kid:7 I bought them Tony & the Kids. It must have been made some time ago looking at Tony.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good afternoon Maniacs! I did Drill Max for the first time today. LOVED IT! I burned 359 Cal. in 1 hr. and AHR was 149. This is not counting the warm at and cool down. My DH commented on my low AHR and I figured out it's because I add in the warm up and stretch and interuption time. That lowers the AHR #. I need to concentrate more on AHR instead of Calories, I think. I can drag a workout out just to see more caloreis burned. LOL!

Amber-I'm still working on getting back to routine. It's hard after a good Vacation.

Diane Sue- Good luck with the house shopping!

Char- You too! I hope no one gets the house you want.

Debbie- Yes! I've had that happen to me. I have no idea what it is. It's a definite cramp in the ovary feeling.

Anne- Follow Dr. orders! When I had my knee surgeries, I lost my appetite. It's hard force yourself not to workout, but it's the quickest and smartest way to recovering faster.:)

Lora- Your bath soap sounds wonderful!

Hi to Suz, Randi, Jeanette, and Everyone Else!

Have a great weekend everyone!!! I'm going to a Fondue party.:9

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - What is that? Its very uncomfortable and it happens a lot to me, especially while doing cardio. Weird.

Diane Sue - I seen what you wrote about Candance and Sean. Thanks! Does she do the same thing with the HR and zones as Sean does? It sounds like a fun workout, I may invest in it as soon as my cc's are paid off. Excellent workout today, DS, you are a cardio maniac! :)

I just finished Kenpo X. Fun stuff.

You all have me worried about how many calories I burn though. My hrm should be here before long. You all know I am not a cardio maniac and I take breaks so I wonder how much I burn. I can't wait to use it on my bike rides, that would be interesting.

I am breaking the p90x rules with eating and getting pizza tonight. I will probably gain another 4 pounds just eating 2 slices. :p ;( :+ }( ;) x( Oh, well.

Lora,

I think we are seeing a movie either tonight or tomorrow. That Night of the Museum. I know Debbie has seen it and says it was good. You got me looking at the oils again and I said I wasn't gonna buy anymore. I was wondering in the Lupercali section like you mentioned. I got my eye on one of them. That is the problem...wants I am transfixed...too late...I will order. I feel like I am in a trance. What has happened to me????:p :eek:

Charlotte - Svadhinaopatika and Vasakasajja sound really good and that's one everyone is saying from Will Call. I'm very curious about Chintamani-Dhupa also. Out of the Carnivale, Tiresias, The Androgyne - black currant, patchouli, tobacco, cinnamon leaf, caramel, muguet, and red sandalwood..............sounds like something I'll end up LOVING. I already want to place another order!!

Hi Everybody!

I'm finally out of migraine hell (fingers crossed)! I woke up with it today still but it's 3pm and it's gone and I'm hoping it's gone to stay. I didn't even work out yesterday :( Now that I feel good I'm going to do yesterday's legs and back and today's Kenpo X (oh, and ab ripper). I HATE missing workouts. I usually don't do that even for migraines b/c I can usually get it done by evening. I feel like such a slug. And a whiny baby. :)

Lora - Congrats on making it through your first week. It will only get better from here. I like dancy step workouts, by the way. :)

Storm - I'm sorry you've been sick. Now don't you worry about the pain. Just think about the end result! You can handle the pain. It's only temporary. Think of the workouts you do all the time and how tough you are.

Debbie - YES! I get those same cramps but only if it's the day before I'm going to start. It's usually about 10 or 15 minutes into a cardio workout. Usually with the cramps comes other lovely side effects that can not be ignored and I must find a bathroom. It's happened to me on vacations when I'm out on a run, on business trips in Milan and London while out on runs (and let me tell you how slow they are in Milan to get you your hotel room key!), when I used to run regularly and I'd be a couple miles away from home and really need a bathroom. NOT fun! My doctor said it could be a bit of endometriosis? It happens when I ride too. If I stop the activity the cramps usually go away within about 10 or 15 minutes, but only after I've used the bathroom (sorry for being graphic). I'd say they're worse than normal cramps but they go away faster. Good for you that you kept moving. If yours is happening a lot, maybe it's endometriosis??? You might check with your doctor next time you have a pap.

Amber - Have you ever thought that maybe some of your weight gain is muscle gain? You HAVE been lifting more, remember? You're gonna have so much fun in Mexico!!! Are you sure that's where you're going? Or is it Cost Rica? :p

Char - I hope your new realtor makes things happen for you! And that's just awesome about your DD! How cool. You must be so proud. DO NOT weigh yourself tomorrow if you eat pizza tonight. Remember that sodium and what it does to you. That's the tip of the day. :p

Diane Sue - I just shake my head in awe every time I read your workouts. You are just so amazing! I can totally see Tony doing a workout for kids. You're right, he is like a big kid. :)

Dallys - Drill Max is a goodie, isn't it?

Off to the basement...

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Lora,

Those two were exactly the others one that I was thinking about. Got my eye on those.. dag gone it. I AM NOT SUPPOSE TO BUY ANYMORE..REMEMBER????? Yes, curious about Chintamani-Dhupa too. Looks like those three then for me. So I got my oils today. Aizen Myzoo does not smell like I hoped it would and neither did Shoggoth. I liked: Lolita, Siren, Shubba Niggaruth, Tisaphone (free), Morocco, and I can't remember the other one. I forgot already. lol
I hope your working overtime so you can place another order...sicko.
:p

Charlotte~~

Interesting, Suz. I just had a pap test and everything came back fine so I don't think I have endo. Not sure they can see that with a pap smear, though?

Nope, I don't think they can see it on a pap. My doctor told me if it was really bad they could feel it and she couldn't feel anything so she said there could be some in there causing the cramping but it's not bad or anything. She also told me if it was endometriosis that could be why I was never able to get pregnant. She wasn't really sure what caused the cramping and I wasn't making a big deal of it, I just asked her as it was kind of a weird thing but told her it was no biggie and I just changed the subject.

Now I'm REALLY off to the basement...

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Now that I'm here nobody's around. :( I just finished Legs and Back (or Back and Legs?) and then Kenpo X. I did the w/u for Kenpo at the end though since I was already warm. I figured I could use it for a cool down after the cool down. I'm too wiped (lazy) now to do Ab Ripper so I'll do it tomorrow (2 days late) which will mean I'm doing it 2 days in a row since I'll be doing it Monday also. Oh well, better in my mind than skipping it all together. If I was Diane Sue I could still do Ab Ripper X with 14# weights on my ankles and then abs from B&G and all 5 days of abs from that Firm series 5 day abs and then a CC plus 5 miles just to get in a little extra cardio. ;) I think I might have mentioned once or twice what an inspiration you are.

Off to watch a scary movie with DH. I hate scary movies so if it's too scary I'll be back to see if anyone's around. :)

Suz

We looked at houses today and I think we have found the one we want. Just need to get ours sold. We have had two offers but turned them down.

Suz, very funny. If you notice I did not do Ab Ripper X yesterday with the weight work. I saved it for today with some of the yoga and kickboxing:) I am trying to work it where I work abs on two of the off from other weight work days. I like to do longer ab work and I would be in there all day if I add that much to the other stuff. Adding the second back workout off of the legs and back to my cst was not to bad as it is really only a few extra minutes. I am thinking about the total body workout I had planned for Mondays and the back work though because this week I did back 3 times. My back is sore and so is my neck. I may do the back from legs and back on my total body day. You got in a great workout. Most of the time I seem to be the last one to post here.

Debbie & Suz, my dd had endometriosis. She had surgury this last year. They removed one ovary. She was trying to get pregnant and the dr. said the endometriosis was probably the reason she wasn't. After surgury they said she can still get pregant. They found hers though because she was having a lot of bad cramping even when not ttm.

Maeghan, that is good you got your workout in. I hope your evening is good. See you here tomorrow:)
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.