Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Sept 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Well...I slept till 4:00 am again today. Didn't want to get up...and now I'm stressin' cuz I had a bunch of Ebay related problems to take care of and I'm just getting started.

I'm going to attempt some step aerobics without my boot -- just 20 minutes or so and then I'll put my boot on and do some kickboxing.

I'll be back later.

I'm back. I ended up doing Rebecca Small's Step Mechanic (it just came....had been on order for months). I did the first 3-4 combos and repeated them (started to get REALLY lost, cuz they get more complex as time goes on). Workout was 54" and I burned 380. My HR stayed steady state at about 75-80%. My foot felt okay...but of course, I didn't jump too much. I'm happy that I can add in some variety of cardio now...but I'll be careful to keep it low impact and not overdo it until my doctor appt on the 8th of Oct. It's been 10 weeks since the fracture.

I also did Yoga Dharma Energizing and Stress Relief 40".

Have great workouts. We're going to see Rob Zombie's Halloween today.

Good Morning, I am getting a late start. I have got most of our things ready for our camping trip. Loaded my tubing and some dvd's. This is where I will make use of some of my Turbo Jam dvd's like 3 T and Lower body. I am not sure yet what I am doing today. I know upper body and originally had Drill Max planned but have an injury to my outer thigh and am not sure I can do that. My 107# Dane puppy got excited, and knocked over the pet gate when the grandchildren & I came in the other day. I bent over to pick it up and she bolted out of the laundry room running into my leg catching it just right so I was doubled over in pain. It hurts to squat down low and kneel sitting back on my heels as in child pose:( I have no outside bruising though. May be a good time for a vacation:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning was Shoulder, Traps and Abs. Had an excellent workout. Lots of energy today and I feel awesome!

[font color=indigo]Shoulders[/font]
1 min. rest between everything
Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
15's - 10 reps (warmup)
30's - 7/6/6
25's - 8
[font color=blue]***I was happy to see that I could still grab the 30's and do these. I haven't done this exercise in 4 weeks.[/font]

Plate Front Raises:
20# - 10
22½# - 10/10/10
[font color=blue]***Haven't done these in a long time - since I did Cathe's workouts - and these felt great. I could have gone higher. Felt this in a totally different area of the front shoulders then usual.[/font]

Lateral Raise:
12's - 9/8/8
[font color=blue]***Did not do these with full range of motion. I did them with my arms 2" away from my hips so I didn't have the momentum to pull them up with full force. Very humbling, these burned like crazy.[/font]

Bent Over Lateral Raise:
20's - 10/10/10

[font color=indigo]Traps[/font]
1 min. rest between everything
Barbell Shrugs:
125# - 15/15/12
[font color=blue]***These were hard this morning for some stupid reason.[/font]

Overhead Shrugs:
45# - 10
50# - 10/10
[font color=blue]***First time doing these ever. Weird exercise and I'm not sure I liked it. I need to check out the video again to make sure I did them right. Didn't really feel them. [/font]

[font color=indigo]Abs:[/font]
Body Max 1 Ab Work

That is all. Short and sweet, just like I like it!

Deb - Great workout, as usual. Do you like the song by Drowning Pool, Soldiers?? Just curious.

Diane Sue - if you really want to try Villainess' whipped body cream, she has a scent I really like up for sale with a matching soap called Sugar Buzz. I just used my soap and whipped cream and it's delish. www.villainess.net

I finally got my workout in. I did iFit Red Rock treadmill workout using 5# dumbbells for the upper body work during the hill climbs. This goes to 6mph and level 8 incline. I went up to 7 mph on some of the sprints. I went 2-1/2 miles, then I did Tracey's Sweatfest step segment 1, Body Max2 bonus cardio and abs, then I did Muscle Max abs and upper body and stretch. I think my leg improved since yesterday.
MM weights
Push ups same
dumbbell flys 1 and 2 25#
barbell underhand rows 1 and 2 55#
dumbbell one arm row 35#
barbell pullovers 45#
dumbbell lateral raise 1 and 2 15#
band lateral raise green
dumbbell upright row 1 and 2 15#
barbell front raise/delt 25#
barbell curls 1 50#
barbell curls 2 45#
triceps press and dip 1&2 25# dumbbell press, 45# barbell in lap on dips
band kickbacks purple

Lora, thanks on Villainess. I am going to be gone for a week. But maybe I need to order right away just in case she runs out. Do you think she will? I have to mail a check. It sounds like it would smell wonderful.

Debbie, great shoulder work. You really hit them with some heavy weights:)

Hello Ladies!

I didn't get up until 7:30 today!!! That is super late for me. Those anti-depressants for my migraines are making it really hard for me to wake up in the am. At least I think that's what it is. I slept straight through the night for once in my life. But this not being able to get up thing - I don't like it. I'll see how it goes for the month until I go back to the doc and then talk to him. The gal at work who just went off of it was on 50mg and I'm only on 25 and she said she woke up no problem. So that's why I won't panic yet.

Anyway, I've been cleaning bird cages and house all morning and all I have left is the wood floors and the bathroom shower and then I'm finished. That has been my workout. I guess today is a rest day and tomorrow I'll do a total body weight workout. I wanted tomorrow to be a rest day but I'll just switch. We're going to an early dinner with our friends, so I know I won't have time to work out after I finish the floors (we have LOTS of wood in our house) and the shower. :) We have 25mph winds today, so a ride was out of the question.

Diane Sue - I'm sorry about your leg. Those dogs! We can't help but love 'em though. I wonder if you pulled a muscle? When do you leave? We'll sure miss you.

Lora - You and I both slept in. Haha! I hardly call what you did sleeping in. :p

Debbie - Yet another great workout! You rock! :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz, I think my poor puppy was frightened from the gate dropping. Everything was chaos as usual when we come in and it happened so fast. I had to make her sit and stay for awhile and work to calm her. I think something is bruised. When I went to bathe after working out I noticed that my knee area on that side had bruises. It does feel better today so I am sure it will be alright. We leave tomorrow, but I think I may still be able to check in and chat as the lake dh reserved a spot at has internet and cable:D If I am not here it did not work. I am still cleaning and carting things out the door and writing reminders so I don't forget the last minute things. I hope you have fun with your friends. Now, you surely do not have wood in the shower. I have been cleaning and recleaning(hate to come home and have to clean) and loading the trailer.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.