Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Nov 18

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I opted for an active recovery day. I did Yoga Booty Ballet AM Latte workout (repeated the cardio segment 3 times) and it made it a 50 minute workout. I added ankle weights to the ballet leg work. I then did the bonus Stability Ball Ab Segment off of Cathe's Butts & Gutts and used ankle weights and dumbbells (although that was sort of hard to do being that the ball was between your feet a lot and the upper ab moves were a bit awkward to do with weights. I also did Rainbeau Mars Yoga for Beauty - Dawn Series 55 minutes. (I burned 267 calories at the end of the YBB workout and 330 at the end of the ab work). I feel fat today ....so I needed to do some aerobics. I'm still bloated.

I wanted to add a 15 minute stretch but my DH informed me we have to do some running around this morning......so that was it.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone. I'll be back later.

What did Charlotte say she got for her birthday yesterday?? Did she get P90X? I thought I saw her say that.

Good morning!

Lora - that's some active recovery! Now I want a latte. Hehehe. I know you're not fat and I'm sorry you feel fat. But it's your favorite day of the week!!!! Mine too!

I'm getting ready to do Body Max 2. It's 7am. One of my good friends (and cycling buddies) is trying to decide which of the new Cathe's to buy - her first Cathe purchase. So I told her to come on over and try one today. So she's coming over at 9am to workout. I don't know what she's going to pick out. I'm excited for her to try. She's excited too. You know how we love to get people hooked on Cathe!!!

I have to go read yesterday's posts. I never got back to them. The police dept. had a physical fitness test for guys who were testing with the PD. Only 2 out of 5 passed! Wouldn't you think if you knew you had to do so many sit ups and push ups and run a mile and a half in a certain amount of time you'd be able to do it before showing up? I had one guy who I was counting for and he blew everyone (almost) away on the push ups and sit ups and the first lap of the run then he choked. He didn't make it. One cop had his 5 year old son there and he was running around the track trying to motivate the guys who stopped to walk - ON A MILE AND A HALF RUN! He was so cute. Anyway they only have 5 people today testing now (oral boards and they're so short handed). Then the Chief had an "open house" at his new house last night. That was fun. I love his wife. The Sheriff and his wife showed up (love her too) and when he saw me he said "It's my favorite trouble maker." HUH? The college I work at is in the county and it's Sheriff Dept. jurisdiction so even though we have our own (silly) security, we need the Sheriff's Dept. for most stuff. So he told my DH if he ever wanted to hear some stories about me to give him a call. Not nice. :p We like them a lot - spend every New Year's Eve with them at some friend's house who have a small party every year. We have some nice people in this city.

My, my, I'm a talker this morning. My inhaler has kicked in. It's like crack. So I better get to it, huh?

Have great workouts everyone!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good morning,
Today I plan on starting with Low Impact Circuit and adding some other cardio and weight work in. This wll be the first time I have done one of the new Cathe's as is. I have been mish moshing them for more weights and more cardio etc..

Lora, sounds like you got a decent workout in. I hope you get all of your running around done. I hate those bloated feeling days. That is when I try to do something to sweat some of it out:) Doesn't always work though.

Suz, you are up and ready to go early:) I would still be asleep but the puppies are persistant in the mornings. They do not get that Saturday means sleep in!! Mudd managed to get her crate open again. She is my escape artist. She was waiting for me and barking wanting to go outside now!! Fortunately she is pretty well house broke and has that bell on the door ringing every few minutes:) I would think if someone was taking a fitness test and didn't prepare they would not be very good officer material anyway. I hope your friend loves Cathe's workouts. Have fun.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning Maniacs!!

Busy here. Finished Leg work. Did Ab Ripper yesterday and nothing else. Too tired.

3 sets/10 reps
180# squats
180# plie squats
120# dead lifts
55# hamstring presses
70# leg ext (should have gone up)

Lora,

Yes, that is correct. My sweet angel gave me the P90X.

Charlotte~~

This morning I had a puke-status workout, did negatives again. This time I decided to do the pushups from Gym Style Chest (the 72 drop sets) to warm up. This really helped. I was able to go to failure with each exercise I chose after those. This is what I did:

Incline Dumbbell Chest Press - 35's 7/4/3
Pullovers - 35# 10/4/4
Upright Rows - 45# 10/5/5
One Arm Rows - 30# 10/5/4
Close Grip Tricep Bench Press - 60# 10/5/4

Then I did a superset of ab work:
Hip lifts w/3# ankle weights on each ankle - 25 reps
Woodchops w/10# - 20 reps
Oblique raises on ball - 20 reps each side
Did this twice

Total workout was 1 hr. 2 min., was in my zone for 31 min. and burned 268 calories.

Suz - Isn't it unbelieveable about the cops? I know a guy who "wants" to be a cop but has NEVER passed the phsycial part of the test. WTF? I would be training like a madwoman if it was me. I just don't get that. And I hear they are trying to make cops more physically fit for their jobs. Well, makes sense to me!

Hope you all have a great weekend and workouts!

Morning Maniacs! Not sure what I'll do today. My legs and butt are major sore from Legs and Back X yesterday. WTH! I thought I was all used to this workout. Guess skipping it last week and doing G&B's instead made it all new again. My DD and her DH are here and I'm not sure when I'll get a workout in.

Lora-
Nice active rest workout! I have YBB caberet that I haven't even opened. I hurt my knee doing those workouts and my daughter did too. She had to have surgery with her injury and I got a cortizone shot. She got the exact same injury as Cathe had and I had a bruised menicus. Both happened right during a YBB workout!

Char-
How did you like Ab Ripper?

Suz-
That's amazing that these guys couldn't pass that test. I mean 1 mile and 1/2? What's up with that? LOL!

Debbie-
Puke-Status workout! Sounds brutal!

Diane Sue-
I had an ecape artist dog once and had to go buy one of the heavy metal cages. She ate right thru the plastic kind. Then she got locked in the bathroom one time and about ate her way out! It took us awhile to figured she had claustrophobia and separation anxiety. LOL! She was perfect if she was unconfined. She was a rescue Whippet.

Hi to everyone else. Have fun today!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I'm finished with BM2. All this jumping is starting to affect my hip. Darn it! Oh well. I'll get a break soon with P90X. I usually didn't do this much step anyway. I knew I was pushing it. But it's been so fun. :)

My friend tried a bunch of different Cathe stuff. She really likes her. She's going to buy some of her workouts. Yay!!! She also had a hard time with all the jumping, but her main cardio is cycling anyway, so she'll do more of the Cathe weight workouts.

Diane Sue - I always think how great it is that you combine all these different workouts. I think I'm too lazy to do that. :p So you have an escape artist dog? Bummer! You make a good point about the lack of preparation making them not very good officer material.

Char - CONGRATS on P90X! How fun! But don't think I'll be tellin' you what my weights are b/c they will probably be 1/4 of what you're liftin'!!! So you're starting the rotation in December?

Debbie - Puke status workout! Hahahahahahahaha! I love it! Great workout!!!! I hear ya. I would be working my tush off if I knew I had physical requirements for a job "interview". How embarrassing to show up and not pass. I think officers should have to be in better shape. There are some people who I think would scare me if they had to run to back up my husband b/c if his life depended on them getting there quickly he'd be dead. No lie. They MUST work out an hour a day (could you imagine being paid an hour a day to work out?) and there are still some lazy ones who just basically hang out in the FABULOUS workout room and waste an hour. Unbelievable.

Dallys - you cracked me up what you said yesterday - you were slow on the bike but you looked good! I LOVE that. You should drive on over to Cheyenne and meet Jeanette and I next summer. I think it's ONLY about a 10 hour drive from SLC. }( In fact we should all meet. Wouldn't that be fun? Ah, we can dream, can't we?

Jeanette - so, you're coming here on a non-windy day? That would have been yesterday. Someone made the mistake of saying it was so beautiful out last night (albeit a little cold) because it wasn't windy. We all shhhh-sh'd her immediately for fear of her jinxing it. Sure enough. 23 mph winds last I checked. :( Nah, summer should be nice.

Off to go look at an armoir (sp??) for my sewing room (hmmm...how long since I've sewed) to hide all my stuff for when people come to stay - like my friend Jeanette!

Have a great day everyone!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Hi,

Thanks for the help yesterday on some P90X questions I had. I've done lots of reading on the Video Fitness forum too. I'm going to need P90X for my eyes if I don't quit reading so much.

Lora, what kind of results did you get? Know you added a little more cardio. I'm really interested in hearing your perspective of P90X and any tips to make it successful for me.

Suz, I think it's a fantastic idea for us to all meet up next year. Dallys, are you in? I know about shhhhing when someone starts to say they haven't had a flat tire on the bike in a while... you just don't want to talk about it at all. Glad your friend liked Cathe's workout today. I just got done with Cardio Fusion (the whole thing) and really enjoyed it. Lots of variety with it and you do sweat!

Charlotte, you and P90X too? That's awesome! I'm going to have pictures taken beforehand. I have big hopes for this system. But I really want to learn how to make a rotation that works, instead of just spinning my wheels and not really improving.

Got to get a move on,

Jeanette

This morning I did Low Impact Circuit stopping at the abs and adding the bonus cardio, then I did Ripped to the Core stopping at the stretch, went back and did the abs and str of LIC. Then I did Yoga Shatki dancing warrior#3& Inversions. Now I am making pie crusts for Thanksgiving. I will freeze them till Wednesday. The family is all coming over Thursday.

Dallys, I have an extra large metal crate for the dogs. They are not claustrophobic. They go in there and lay down on their own. At night I close the doors. Mudd just manages to get hers unlocked. I use it if I have to leave and at bed time. If I don't have errands I take Mudd with me to go get the grandchildren. I am hoping to take both dogs soon. Puddle is being difficult to leash train.

Charlotte, I am sure you will get a lot out of P90X.

Suz, good workout. I think the cardio on Body Max2 is fun.

Netta, I still have not done Body fusion yet. I once did it till it stopped at the drill max drills and then did drill max cardio and lower. I want to try the long premix sometime soon:)

Jeanette - great workout! So ya gonna start checking in with us again? Huh? Will ya??? :)

Diane Sue - Check out that workout you did! See, you couldn't do the workout as written! You are just waaaay too hardcore! I'm so impressed. I bet you're one of those really creative people, aren't you? Have you thought of one of those big carribeaners to keep that crate closed? Our big parrot's cage has a couple of the food doors that are broken so we have to use those. They work like a charm. And parrots can be master escape artists! :) You're making pie crusts? Fun. My sister's bringing the pies. I'm so excited for Thanksgiving. I love it. Everyone's coming over here. It's become a tradition for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm lucky.

Suz

Hey Ladies!
Tonight I'm going to do Cardio Fusion 80 min Mix and Max premix. Has anyone done this one yet? Sounds hard! Then I may do some ab work. Today is the day I start a new rotation for the month but I cant decide. The past two months i've been doing long cardio and muscle endurance/total body. I just love the way I look if i do lots of cardio but i'm thinking I should switch it up a bit and do one body part a day /heavy weight with little cardio at the end to shock my body. Could somebody maybe help me with this?
Thank you for your help
Randi

Hey Maniacs! Haven't worked out yet. Might just be a rest day for me.:) DD left and took all my new Cathes. Not to worry, she'll have them back on Thanksgiving.:)

Diane Sue-
Great workout! It is funny how you just can't do one as written. You are too creative to just let it be. LOL! I like that. Your little Mudd sounds to smart for his age. :)

Jeanette-Suz-
Hey it's only 6 1/2 hrs to Cheyenne! :)
Suz-
I can't imagine raising parrots! My little cockatiel is so demanding. He's not speaking to us today, because we clipped his wings. He's pouting. LOL!

Randi-
I'm getting ready to start a new rotation too. I'll start one after Thanksgiving. I'm trying to decide if I should do cuircuts, one body part a day or 3 full body workouts. LOL! I'm leaning towards cuircut type workouts. Totally different from what I've been doing. Can't decide. I think your idea of doing one body part/heavy a day would work good for you, since you've been doing alot of endurance workouts. That'll shock your body.:)

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Randi - your workout tonight sounds HARD! I hope you have fun with it! I think Debbie's had some great past success with one body part a day rotations. In fact, I think she's written some. If she doesn't see your question today, try to post it again tomorrow. You might check on the rotations page and see if you find one like that started by her.

Dallys - so...sounds like you should head to Cheyenne then! We would have fun! Yes, parrots are SO demanding. Our Macaw SCREAMS when I'm working out b/c she doesn't like it when nobody is in the room with her, even though the two African Greys are with her. She's such a brat. And the cage cleaning and the feeding and on and on and on it goes. But I love 'em to pieces. One of the Greys is singing (not very well) Popeye the Sailor Man right now.

Suz

Suz, I am just laughing picturing your bird singing Popeye the Sailor Man!! LOL!!! How did he learn that one? My DH and I were watching Animal Planet the other night and they had a bird on there that was singing Old MacDonald Had A Farm. Loved it!

Come on, Dallys, 6 1/2 hours is just a skip and a hop. Bet Suz could show us some great mtn. bike riding too.

Randi, I did the regular Cardio Fusion today and loved it. Really made me sweat lots! You don't get bored doing this one. I'll have to look into the mix & match one. I liked CF a lot because there is not a lot of teaching, especially in the BM2 parts. It was like I really had to listen to her cueing because I don't have this one memorized yet. I felt energized when I was done. Think it goes over an hour. I did Debbie's rotation and had good results with it.

Diane Sue, Cardio Fusion will be a walk in the park for you. Wow, hope I can do half as well as you in a few years. You are remarkable and know your DH is very proud of you. My DH is super too and never resents me working out or bike riding. Of course I try to work it all in so that we can do other activities. You know, early workouts when no one else is up.

Jeanette

Thanks for your replies:) I just got done doing CF Mix and Max and it was hard but fun! I didnt do abs because I started to get stomach cramps from aunt flow:( I might start one body part a day tomorrow.
Talk to you soon
Randi

Oh yeah Dallys - there is some good mountain biking between here and Laramie in the mountains about 30 minutes away. I'm unlike either you or Jeanette. DH and his friend (and my mountain biking girlfriend too) all say that I am fast on the downhills and I impress them. :) The reason though is not because I'm good. It's because I'm terrified of dying so I just go as fast as I can to get to the bottom and not bonk my head on the rocks. :p We have lots of rocks.

Diane Sue - what kind of nuts did you say gave you migraines? I've been having more peanut butter lately (low fat, mind you, but even the low fat has A LOT of fat) and maybe that's been contributing to more mirgraines?

Suz

Suz, I hate to tell you but it was peanuts and peanut butter. I love the stuff. We have friends that have a restaurant we go to quite often and the Police Department has used for catering events. They send us a holiday gift every year that is a nut seed and raisin trail mix. I think I will pull it out on Thanksgiving. I doubt it is the fat in the peanut butter. It is probably a chemical in peanuts. A lot of people have allergies to peanuts. Be careful with those bike rides. I would hate to see you hit your head going all out on the down hill runs;)

http://1ww.us/logo2.gif;)

Suz I have to pick workout segments that hit the areas that I am wanting to hit:) What is a carribeaner?? We would have a parrot if my dd was not allergic to feathers. We had birds for years before we went though allergy testing:( Bless their hearts eventually I want to work it where both puppies have their own pet bed and we eliminate the crate. It is like their home though and that may take some time. Mudd is possessive of her side of the crate and her food. We are making great strides in sharing though. I love having all of the family over for the holidays. So do you have special plans for the turkey. I always roast mine in a roasting bag. I do add seasonings etc. and I make the stuffing on the side. How far are you from Oklahoma. I guess I need to look.

Hi guys! Great WO's today! I had a busy day. I was busy at the diner all morning, which is good. Then I came home and did some work in the barn, and then went out to dinner w/ mom and dad, then went to mom's and had..........icecream, yes ice cream, but not too much.

SO I came home and did Imax3 and Slim and 6pack (a beach body ab WO). I wanted something different, and that was it. Liked it. Tough.

Lora- I wore Bewitched today and LOOOOVE it! Mom does too. I can't wait to see my sister and turn her on to them. I might create a monster with her!LOL!

I hope you are all enjoying your WO's. I gotta shower now. Goodnight!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Diane Sue - darn! I really didn't think you were going to say peanut butter! The only reason I thought of it was b/c yesterday morning I had peanut butter in my oatmeal and about an hour later I got a headache and about an hour and a half after eating it the headache turned into a migraine. Luckily I took Imitrex in time and it worked within a couple of hours. But then I remembered you saying something about nuts.

Let's see - a carabiner (sorry - I spelled it way wrong) is a piece of metal that is kind of oval shaped and one side is spring loaded so it opens and closes. Here's a link to some but they're key chains - just to give you an idea: http://www.laserengravedkeychains.com/mini_D.htm.

You'll get there with the puppies. Two puppies must be so much work! I'm lucky b/c my mom makes the turkey/stuffing/gravy and brings it over! I do the ham (which I don't eat), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, green beans. My sister brings the pies.

DH thinks we're 16 hours from Oklahoma. You should come out too!!! We could have a Hardcore get together. :)

Meg - great workout!!!

Suz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.