Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Nov 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Quick NRG premix (48") followed by the Floor Legs Section of Cathe's Butts and Guts and then the Stretch from Amy's Hi/Lo. I then did Shiva Rea's Fluid Power Yoga - Matrix - Dancing Warrior Prep, Mandala Namaskar II, Backbending Vinyasa, Forward Bends and Twists and Shavasana. At the end of the 48" of cardio - I burned 355 calories and at the end of the glute work and stretch - 455 calories. I left my HR monitor on during the yoga (forgot to take it off) and I was sweating during the Mandala segment and clocked by HR in at 136!! I couldn't believe it. Oh and during the Amy DVD, my HR climbed to 166! Wow - that Amy Bento Hi/Lo was an intensity junkie's dream. I'll have to PM A-Jock about it.

I hardly ever do Hi/Lo cuz it used to bother my back...but I felt fine today. I'll see how my back is tomorrow before I make that conclusion, but this was SO much fun. I loved it. Amy's really good at Hi/Lo. I followed it pretty well also. I can't wait to do it again.

All of that being said - my legs were like jello just now when I went upstairs for something. Tomorrow will be my yoga/rest day, as I have to work.

Diane Sue - I took your advice and squeezed my legs in today. I think your trying to KILL me. I may have to work up to this slowly. I don't know if I can start off with 3 times a week right off the bat. I may need to start at 2 first....we'll see. I think the yoga works them alot too cuz of all of the deep lunges, chair poses and yogic squats I did in Fluid Power - thus the high HR.

I've gotta go put groceries away. I'll be back later.

Have great workouts.

Good Morning Maniacs!

Happy Birthday to myself. I am 29 again.

No mail comes today..no gifts. Will have to wait until Monday. Gonna ride my bike today thru the farm roads, etc. with my son. Work back later.

Charlotte~~

Happy Birthday, Charlotte!! Wish I could join you on the bike ride, it's raining here. Have a wonderful day :7 :7 :7

Jeanette

CHAR>>>HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!Have fun today you little 29 year old you!

Today is my much deserved rest day. I'll do Stretch X later. Gonna relax and maybe go to a movie later. I want to see that Will Farrow one. Can't remember the name.

Have great workouts today!!!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLOTTE!!!! I hope you have a fun birthday. Enjoy your bike ride.

This morning I plan on doing cardio and some yoga/ stretching. I may do some upper body as well. The puppies woke me earlier than I wanted today. I found out they hear my coffee maker come on automatically. I usually set it for 1 hr before I want to get up so if I wake early it is ready. I have to quit doing that:)

Lora, I go by if I want results I have to work it:) I don't want you to over do it though. You did great today. Now you can enjoy your yoga rest day tomorrow:) those are nice.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Thanks ya'll!

Diane Sue,

Sorry to hear bout the puppy waking you extra early. Enjoy your workouts.

Bionics,

Lots of good movies out right now. Enjoy!

Netta,

Thanks so much! Won't be long until it gets too nasty here to ride anymore with snow, wind and cold rain so I am gonna have one heck of a ride today. Tomorrow will be getting much cooler.

Anne,

So what are you gonna do today? You didn't say.

Lora,

Very nice calorie burn!!! Way to go.

Hello to everyone else.

Charlotte~~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLOTTE!!!!! I hope you have a FABU day!

I got on the scale today (yes, I'm a little addicted - bad, I know) and it was up THREE pounds!!! In ONE day! What the heck is up with that? I usually don't fluctuate much. And Aunt Flo left last week. I don't get it. Okay, well maybe it was the Little Debbie swirly chocolate cake thingies DH brought me last night, BUT STILL - THREE pounds? x( I'm sure it will go away, but it really freaks me out. I've been pretty good about my eating too. Oh well, it's always a good motivator to do better, right?

I'm getting ready to do Cardio Fusion. All this jumping around on the step is probably not the greatest thing for my hip, but so far so good. I would slow it down if I wasn't getting ready to start P90X, but I know I won't be doing step so many days a week once I start that, so I'm just going to enjoy it while I can.

Since I want to lose a few pounds (oh, and then a few more that I gained overnight!), do you all think I should do the Lean rotation for P90X instead of the Classic? I'm definitely going to do the doubles. But you can do that with both, right? What would you recommend?

Lora - I'm so impressed that I'm barely out of bed and you're already done working out AND grocery shopping! I DID stay in bed until 7am though. Something I bet you've never done! :p

Hey Jeanette!!!!! Good to see you here.

Diane Sue - I hear ya on the dogs and what wakes them up. I swear sometimes in the wee hours I have to go to the bathroom SO bad but I don't want to get up b/c that will get them up. :) Sounds like you have a great workout planned.

Anne - sorry you're not feeling great. I hope you feel better.

Dallys - YAY - a rest day! ENJOY!!! I've really got to pull out my Vegan Planet this weekend. Maybe there's a great sweet potato recipe for Thanksgiving???

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds
Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Suz,

Just a little of something like that shouldn't hurt you, unless you have a little of it ALL the time, etc. Don't fret over it like me. Yeah, I am a mess. Dr. Jekyll and Ms Hyde here. Don't get like me right now. It's my birthday and I am weary. Weighed myself 3 times last night. I think I got some fat on my lower back. IT'S HERE! Hate to admit it, but it is here. Bodyfat monitor is a lying little jerk! So off to bike ride here shortly and critique the diet...no more 54g of protein for now once or twice a day...going back to probolic sr with 20g of protein instead after workout. I can't deal with fat. I want muscle bad, but I just can't deal with any fat. I am afraid now to continue gaining weight because what if I can't lose the fat. It has taken me years to lose 6 inches off my hips. Will take me just a few days to gain it all back..>NO WAY!!!!!
I just don't know what to do.
Charlotte~~

Charlotte - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Wish you would have told me earlier! Have a great day, my friend!

Dallys - EXCELLENT workout last night, great job on the pullups!! Wow!!!!

Suz - Don't sweat the scale. Scales SUCK!! Could be water, bloating any of that. Don't let it get you down.

Lora - Great workout this morning, girl!

This morning I did another workout using negatives. Tough workout but its hard for me to determine what kind of poundage to use. I can't seem to get to failure. I should have went heavier on some. This is what I did:

Incline Dumbbell Curls: 20# 11/5/4 reps (these were hard)
Pinwheels (for forearms): 15# 12 reps each arm
Squats: 95# 9 reps
Widowmaker Squats: 65# 20 reps (should have went heavier but by rep 19 and 20 was really feeling this in my glutes)
Hamstring Curls: 40# 12/6/6 (should have went heavier with this)
Calf raises: Did this by going up on my toes, lowering for 5-8 counts and holding it in the stretched position for 15 seconds. I repeated this about 15 reps and then just did some straight calf raise lifts.

Workout was 51 min, was in my zone for 16 min. and burned 197 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Suz-
I hear ya on the weight gain scare. I'm up a couple of pounds too! I've been really good mostly. I've only eaten crappy a few times lately. Why does the fat love us women so much? Maybe it's just water puffing out our muscles.:) I've done the classic rotation a couple of times and have never done the lean rotation. So I couldn't say how it works. I think Lora did the lean rotation. I just heard that people who did both liked the classic alot better. I've also heard people switch rotations right in the middle. I don't think you could go wrong either way. Let me know if you cook anything good this weekend. Sweet potatoes sound wonderful!

Diane Sue-
Dang those puppies for wanting coffee in the morning. They start so young these days.:)

Char-
If you are seeing back fat, I'd ditch that 50gm protein drink, PRONTO! It's just to danged hard to get rid of fat. Get on that bike and burn it off! Maybe you do need a titch of cardio. Isn't it so frustruating sometimes? I do think the body fat things are a quack sometimes. My percentage will change 3% from day to day.

Debbie-
My pull-ups are one of my most proud accomplishments. Thanks!! I've worked real hard on those.

Lora-
You did a great workout this morning. You should email Ajock about it!

Jeanette-
Hi There!

Anne-
Hi to you too!

My spellin is so horrible today I've edited a gazillion times!:)
~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Charlotte - don't fear! You've been eating really clean - no Little Debbies for you! You weighed yourself 3 times last night? I won't weigh myself until Monday now b/c I'm freaked out. I got on the scale 3 times this morning, but all right in a row.

I wish I could give you some advice, but I don't know what to tell you. I can't imagine you with fat on your body, but you know your body better than anyone. Now don't kill yourself on the bike today just to get rid of that back fat, okay? :)

Suz

Diane Sue - My legs feel fine now. I think they were just a bit wobbly right after all of that!

Charlotte - How could I forget this morning!! I'm sorry. Happy Birthday. I hope you have a great day. Eat a piece of cake and stay off the scale!!

Suz - I did the Lean Rotation but I switched around the weeks toward the end - cuz I think they didn't do legs every week towards the end. Water weight can easily make you gain 3 pounds. It happens to me all of the time. I get on the scale every morning. It's the only way I can truly keep an eye on what I need to do with my eating (since I love to eat so much).

Dallas - Enjoy your rest day.

Megadoo & Debbie - Did you see GH from yesterday? I kept falling asleep. I'll have to watch it later.

If anyone's into Bare Escentuals makeup - QVC has a Today's Special Value. I actually already have it. I found it a few weeks ago while searching on QVC. It's the Peacock Collection and it's nice.

Dallys - alrighty then - you tell it like it is! :7 So Charlotte - work your butt off (or your back off in this case) on that bike today! You're right Dallys - fat is soooooo hard to get rid of. And Char - if it took you that long to lose those inches off of your hips, you SURELY don't want to start over. Cardio, baby, cardio! I really don't think it's a good idea to totally cut out cardio anyway b/c you need it for your heart health. As I was getting ready to do my cardio this morning I was wondering about you with no cardio and whether or not that's good for your heart???

ETA - Lora you might be right. Those things I ate tasted kinda salty. So maybe, just maybe it's water retention. Thanks.

Suz

Anne has not decided yet. It is early yet. I am waiting to see what you ladies are doing.Ideas.
I am tired and swelled like a bubble. Scale went up 4# in 1 day. I am hoping the cramps go away by tonite.

I don't know , i may do MMax and some cardio like the treadmill or a premix. I need some heavier weights. My arm is not anywhere as bad so i may just go for it.
Check back later

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Got back from bike ride. Went solo. Son didn't want to come. Very nice ride with just 10 miles. Gorgeous day. Dog chased me and forced my heart rate up. Got whistled at while I stretched my legs straight while on bike. lol. Had some errands to do with son. Now he wants to go to the library. I will get my back work in when I get back.

Randi,

Thanks! I still have to try that workout.

Charlotte~~

Finished my workout. I did Drill Max cardio & upper premix no str, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, Yoga Shatki (Rhythmic Vinyasa #2, Dancing warrior#3, Supine poses, and Inversions using the matrix)I finished off with Amy Bento's Stretch #2.

Dallys, funny about those dogs and the coffee LOL

Suz, I think doubles will be all right for you. Those little cakes usually have a lot of sodium in them as does packaged cake mixes. Add that with the white flour and corn syrup solids and you are bound to retain some water. No one gains that much weight overnight without it being water retention. Do you know how many calories over you would have to have eaten for that to be anything else:) I laughed about getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I do the same thing thinking my puppies will want to go outside and then I will be really wide awake.

Lora, I am glad to hear your legs are feeling ok now. You just had a great workout, that is all:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Awesome workout Diane Sue!

Yeah, I laughed at Dallys' coffee comment too. Hehehe.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I like how you talk about what's in those little things. Makes me wonder how I could eat them! I sure didn't seem to have any trouble though. Ick!

I think I've asked you this before so my apologies, but what kind of salads do you like to have? I know you eat a lot of them and I need some fresh ideas. Thanks!!!

Suz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.