Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat May 12

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Managed to get up a little earlier today. I'm working on it.

I'm off to do a 1/2 hour of cardio and my new Xflowsion. I'll be back in a bit.

I ended up picking a workout out of my "not yet touched" box. I did The Firm Ultimate Fat Burner. It's 40" long, but I only did 30" of it (skipped a couple of the light weight sections) and then I did Xflowsion Live in Hollywood 1 hour and 23". I added a bit more impact to the cardio and burned 190 calories in the 30" and then I left my HR Monitor running during Xflowsion and at the end of Xflowsion, it read 480 calories.

I'll give my thoughts on Xflowsion over at the yoga thread since I don't think anyone here is interested in it. It's a fusion of yoga/martial arts/dance.

I was pleasantly surprised with this Firm workout. It was fun. Easy coreography so next time, I can listen to my own music, but the music wasn't terrible.

Diane Sue - I have your package ready. I threw a couple of the sleep blends in there also. I wrote sleep under the name of the oil so you'll know they aren't to wear out and about. I threw a couple other samples in there, but I didn't really have any of "my favorites" on hand, but I chose ones that aren't half bad. There's only a handful of general catalog blends I like, as I tend to go for the Limited's. I'll be interested to hear if the Grr works for you. I'm actually going to take a bath with Grr this morning, as I've had a headache for 2 days now. I took a Zomig yesterday with no relief ...so I'm not sure what kind of headache it is, but it feels like a migraine. I usually don't have trouble working out with them, as it seems to make me forget about it for a while.

Anyone with pets get any of those new toys they have out with microchips in them? I guess it's the latest thing. We have a mouse that squeeks when you bat at it and a bird that chirps when you bat it. I always crack up when I hear Brookie playing with them. It's hilarious. She goes crazy with them.

Have a great rest day or workout everyone. I think we're going to see The Invisible today. I have no idea what to expect. I wish I had to list stuff on Ebay today, but no can do since they banned decants. I'm not really making money without selling on Ebay...need to think of some alternatives.

Well, hello out there... I am ready for a vacation now..

I have been at work till after 7 amost every night this week..
I have not worked out in 3 days. I have been whipped..10 hr days are killing me.
Guess i need it...
Well, tonite i am I am going to double do her ...
CC#4 and MMax...again. I need to fit in another total body..
Tomorrow will be pure cardio then i thnk i will stsrt the rotation...

I hate to plan. Then nothing happens...
Well, i gotta go back and read. Check back later...

Good Morning, today I plan on doing Tracey Staehle's Sweatfest Kickbox and the combat portion & Abs of Kimberly Spreen's absolute Kickbox then some yoga. Both of these workouts hit the core pretty well. DH bought me a Southwest Salad w/ grilled chicken from Macdonalds last night because I still had a headache. I like this salad but Macdonalds can't get it right. THe first time I ordered one I got home and it was bacon ranch(way to much salt and fat) the second time I got what I ordered, this time they gave me Sesame Ginger dressing from the aisian salad and I dumped half of it on there before I realized:( The only thing I wish wasn't on the salad is the tortilla strips.

Lora, thank you so much. I will be interested to see if the sleep oils help me relax. I don't sleep well most of the time. Went to bed late and the dogs started barking early this morning. They probably heard the newspaper guy or something. They do not bark a lot unless something is different though. I think part of exercising through working out that helps is getting the blood pumping. It seems like I always feel a little better for awhile. BTW what size body bar do you use with Kimberly's new workout? She says no more than 9# somewhere after she starts the combat section. I was thinking maybe 10#. I don't want to swing it around and smack myself with to heavy of one LOL

Anne, I don't know how you workout after working a 10 hour day. It sounds exhausting.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning
Today I did Drill Max. Didnt think I was going to make it through since my legs are still fried from Gymstyle legs and butts &guts but i did it:)
Have a great day
Randi

I just weighed in and I'm so excited! I lost 1# this week, even though Aunt Flo is in full force right now.

I started keeping track of my weight and body fat 8 weeks ago. I started at 130.5# and my body fat was around 19.2%. Now I'm at 127.2# with 16.7% body fat. I'm thinking this superset rotation will get me to around 126# and hopefully 15% body fat. We shall see, that is my goal. I don't want to go below that.

Well this day sure did start out right!!!

Today was suppose to be Chest & Back but I just worked my back on Thursday and my lats are still killing me. So I decided to do Legs today. Had an excellent workout:

Squats: 105#
superset w/
Elevated Romanian Deadlifts: 40#
4 sets/6 reps
***Deadlifts are getting better for me. My low back is feeling these today (lots of hamstring work always tightens up my low back) but it's not a pain, its a tightness. I think this is exciting!

Hack Squats: 55# for 1 set; 65# for 3 sets
superset w/
Standing Hamstring Curls: 20#
4 sets/8 reps
***Hack Squats are so fun, I've never done these before but I really liked them. http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBHackSquat.html

Leg Extensions: 65# for 1 set; 75# for 2 sets
superset w/
Hamstring Curls: 45#
3 sets/10 reps

Calf Raises from Gym Style Legs.

With the Hack Squat superset the other exercise was suppose to be "Reverse Hamstring Extensions". Never heard of them. I googled the exercise but couldn't find anything on it. I hate when rotations list exercises I've never heard of before. Anyone know what these are? Dianne?

My legs were literally shaking after this workout. Loved it!

Hope you all have a great workout and a great weekend!

Mornin Maniacs,

Today I'll be doing cardio for about an hour long.

Debbie, way to go! You are something! I would love one day to work out with you.

Lora have fun with your new DVD's. Sounds like you are enjoying them.

Diane Sue, you work your buns off. Goodness! (Thats a compliment)

Randi, DM is tough, but with the workout the day before, you are amazing. Keep up the good work.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Good Morining:) Today is my rest day, and i didnt have to work today(first in a long time that my reat day and a day off from work are the same) so i enjoyed a bit of a sleep in, but im so use to getting up early that my sleep in was only until 730 ,o well thats still about 2 hours:)

Great Workouts everyone! Know im going to go enjoy the sun. Have a great day:)

Diane Sue - I think you'll be okay with a 10# one. The only reason I don't go heavier some times is because some of the moves are hard on my back and others are too easy at times. I've done it a lot with my 5-6 pound Danskin barbell and smacked myself in the leg a few times without too much damage ...but it has a soft exterior coating on it, padded or something. I use the 8# one when I'm fresh and not doing it as a second workout or add or, or just want the core/shoulder work. I have to be careful, as it can aggravate my disc problems if I go to heavy (same with gloves). I'll be interested to see if any of the oils help you. I usually use the BPAL sleep oils but I take Calms Forte, herbal sleep aid (available at Walmart) when I really need to sleep (before I revert to the Ambien). It works pretty well. Just doused my head in Grrr....have a horrid headache and it's very humid and dreary here. Looks like rain coming!

Deb - great workout. You've gotten good results so far. Very inspiring! I'm a bit behind in my reading and I just read the Oxygen article about 3 total body workouts a week (I think probably the one that inspired you for that one rotation you embarked on).

Wow........all I can say is GREAT MOVIE. We went to see The Invisible. I saw that it was made by the person who made The Sixth Sense & Batman Begins (both of which were good movies) so I wanted to chance it and see it. Excellent choice. Very deep and moving. You have to really have a heart & soul to understand the true meaning. It probably won't do well cuz it opened with SpiderMan. SpiderMan stunk.....from what my DH & I saw. We BOTH fell asleep and he never falls asleep at the movies. It was super boring. The Invisible probably won't get the recognition it deserves. Acting was excellent, unique story line, well done. A+ from this movie critic.

I finished my workout. I started with Sweatfest Kickbox and did all of it, then I put in Kimberly Spreen and went to the combat premix that includes the abs and did that omitting the w/u and c/d. I finished with Yoga Shatki shoulder openers, lunge, and inversions from the matrix. We are getting ready to go out for a ride on the motorcycle. No rain today:D

Debbie, this is the only place I could find anything close. I am not sure what they are talking about. I am sure you have probably already seen it.
I don't know why but I have had so many place give odd names to exercises. I hate looking up something that I feel like I shoud know.
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=826798

I still need to go read all of the posts. BRB

Lora, I think that maybe the lower weight would be good on Kimberly's workout for me too. Today when I did it I noticed that my right shoulder was kind of hurting. I did do shoulders yesterday so that may be the reason. Also I wore my weighted gloves throughout Tracey's workout. I was thinking that I could go lower and add the gloves if I felt I needed more weight. I have tried ambien. I hate most sleep aids because I usually have nightmares and feel groggy in the morning. It slows down my workout and I usually feel like my HR is not right. I hope your headache gets better. I thought Sixth Sense and Batman begins were excellent movies. We really enjoyed the other Spiderman movies. I hope the new one is not a real disappointment.

Michelle,I hope you enjoy that total rest day to the fullest.

Randi, I bet that was tuff doing Drill Max.

Janie, I am LOL at your comment. I hate the spandex in the pants. I sit down for awhile and then they keep sliding off and I am hitching them up. I think I need a bigger booty.

Debbie, I am still looking. All I see when I look is reverse hamstring extensions. I just looked at bodybuilding.com as well. I get obsessive when I want to know something:) I have been doing a yahoo search. Did you post where you got the workout from? I would think that whoever set this rotation up would know what they are talking about.

Lora - you had a great workout this morning. I didn't get a chance to read much when I posted my workout. We seen The Invisible a couple weekends ago and LOVED it. Wasn't it good? OMG. I thought it was awesome. Definitely a buyer one.

Anne - Hope you got your workout in!

Randi - Great going on Drill Max!

Janie - You wouldn't want to workout with me. I swear a lot. :)

Michelle - Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Diane Sue - Funny, I checked out that link to T-nation this morning. Someone told me to lay face down on a bench with my legs hanging over. Put a dumbbell between the feet and lift straight up in the air. Kind of like the hyperextensions Cathe does on the stability ball. She says to put your feet together to get work in the hamstrings. Can't remeber which workout. I checked bb.com as well, in fact, I asked the question in the forums and got one answer and it wasn't much of an answer. Thanks for looking this up, though! I got this rotation from the mens M&F. I should email them. Great workout, girl!

Deb - I'm glad you agree about The Invisible! It's one of those movies that I can't get out of my head. Not that it's anything like Scream 1, but when I left the theatre after Scream 1, it impacted me. This movie impacted me. It was soooo deep and had so many hidden meanings. I loved it and yes, one for the collection. I think the actors were excellent...and I've never seen any of them except Marcia Gay Harden. I just hope word of mouth gets out about it and SpiderMan doesn't kill it.

Diane Sue - 3rd application of Grr....and the headache is diminished. ONly took all DAY!!

Toasty - is your DH hogging the computer?? or are you busy decorating?

Lora, at least the headache is finally letting up. I am still battling mine. I just keep trying to think of something other than the pain:)

Debbie, did you go through all of the M&F magazine. Sometimes I find the move in the magazine. It is bad when they do that and there is no explanation.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.