Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Jan 5

acatalina

Cathlete
Morning fit ones. I slept in . My body is fighting this cold everyone is trying to give me. Something is going on. I keep getting crustys in my ears(tmi)..Really wierd..
Have great workouts gals. I took my bands to work to get some bi tri and shoulders in if i get cancels.

Tonite is Upper body..

Adina good luck on the eye surg.

Char, how was the job interview.

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did CIA Step Eurphoria with Kim Miller. Workout was 51" and I burned 438 calories. Not a very intense workout....as I planned it to be a recovery workout. It was fun....but towards the end I started to get really lost. I also did Yoga for Beauty Dusk with Rainbeau Mars.

Linda - The only short yoga sessions I can think of in the 20" range are Daily Dose of Dharma (great one and shot on the beach), Yoga Shakti with Shiva Rea....as you can do shorter segments since you create your own session, Eion Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness has a 30" premix that is good, Perfect in 10 Yoga is a great one that has several 10-15 minute sessions on it, and Sara Ivanhoe's Makeover series are each 20 minutes. Also, Namaste yoga from the TV series (available at www.Namaste.tv) ..if my memory serves me correctly. Before you found Cathe, did you ever do Karen Voight workouts?? If so, she has some shorter yoga sessions on some of her DVDs ....in case you might already have them. Lastly, Yoga Zone has several sessions in their series that are 20" practices....but I'm not sure if those are still availabe. I have some older VHS of those. Hope this helps. I think Namaste Yoga is on Fit TV also ...in case you get Fit TV ...which I don't.

Diane Sue - after you get your P90X+....let me know tips on the hanging abs. As I stated yesterday, I think there is a learning curve to some of the moves...so I'll probably get better at it as I do them more. I did feel some slight soreness in my abs during up-dog today...so I guess I got some work. I need to start using weights for my abs again...as I took a little break from weighted ab work recently. Can you do chinups and pullups??

Have great workouts or rest days everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today not sure what I am doing. My rotation is down in basement. I don't have much energy so I am scared to look at it. lol.

Well the job interview went fine, but I am not gonna want the job though. They want you to work double shifts Sat and Sun and then 4-7 on an evening or two. Be working in nursing home..in the kitchen. I don't wipe hiney's. lol. There is just not much work out where I live and I drive only a truck now and so we know with gas prices being how they are, it is not gonna be wise for me to work too far from home as it takes about $60 or more to fill up truck. (I never fill it up..always put in about $15..cheapo). lol. Probably gonna have to work at fastfood. The one that has positions open..the food there will certainly make me gag. Tastee Freez wasn't that bad cuz I was mainly around the ice cream. I gotta do what I gotta do and when my FIL's inheritance comes thru..I AM OUTTA THERE! Gas prices just screw everything up for everyone...food prices up too, and not comprising the way I eat to save a buck.

Bionics,

Thanks for putting up the new P90X schedule of workouts. Interesting. Can't wait to get mine.

Anne,

You can get these beeswax candles at a health store. You have someone light a flame to one end of candle as other part is in ear and the wax in your ear comes out really good. I know a girl that does this and I am gonna have her do my ears next time I see her. The candles are about $9-$10 cuz they are real beeswax. Just an idea.

Morning Maniacs,

Doing okay this morning, just a little dizzy from fall. I went to bed at 9 last night and slept 10 hours and still didn't want to get out of bed. Felt great though and I really needed the rest. Today was shoulders, wanted to add some cardio but couldn't get out of bed early enough.

Shoulders

Barbell Overhead Press
10/7/6 - 60# (PB)

WG DB Upright Rows
10/10/10 - 27 1/2's (easier on the wrists with dumbbells)

Arnold Press
10/10/10 -22's (PB)

HG DB Front Raise
10/10/10 - 17# (PB)

Traps

Behind the Back Shrugs
15/15/15 - 95# (PB)

Dumbbell Shrugs
20/18/18 - 45# (PB)

Lots of PB's this morning.

Anne - Hope you feel better soon!

Lora - Thanks for the info! Lots to think about! No I don't have any Karen Voight workouts.

Char - Sorry the job's not right for you. It's funny to think of someone so health conscious working in a fast food joint!

Well, I am off soon to spend the day with DH's family (holiday get together). Have a great day!

Linda

Got on the scale this morning. First time since the week of Christmas. Damages weren't as bad as I thought they would be. I've only gained 4#, I'm up to 127#. I'm fluffy in the middle and the backs of my legs have cheese, but that's ok. I already knew I'd probably get up to around 130# this winter so so far I'm still below that.

Today I had an excellent cardio workout. I did Cardio Coach #7 and really [font color=red]KILLED[/font] it. With the first challenge, which is 4 - 3 minute endurance runs with 3 minutes steady state, I ran each interval at 6 mph and was able to keep my HR at 75-85% (140 bpm - 158 bpm) which I have never done before. I did go over 85% with each interval, but that is ok. IMO that's the only way to build up endurance.

I did very well with Challenge #2 and #3 as well. Hit level 4 with each sprint I did with this workout.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]1 hr. 4 min.
46 minutes in zone
454 calories burned!!! Woo hoo!!!
4.1 miles travelled
[/font]

I'm done now until Monday. My dh and I are going to go see my dad tomorrow. He is in the hospital and needs open heart surgery. Please keep him in your prayers for me.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Linda - You might want to take a day or two off. That spill could not have been good for you. I'm glad you are feeling ok, though. Take care of yourself.

Char - Sorry about the job. You'll find something you like.

Hi everyone!!! :)

Good Morning
I'm starting slow and heavy this month. Today i did Bi's, tri's, abs, and 4ds HIS.
Deb i will be praying for you and your father.
Off to work:(
Have a great day everyone
Randi

Char, i know . My daughter wants to do it for me. Everyone is sick. I am sucking the vit c. I keep feeling it then i am ok.. ..
Good luck on a job. There aren't many good ones out there..

I thought i wasn't lifting heavy enough yesterday. Well my hams are feeling it. I haven't been going heavy and i went back to it.
Deb, I got mail ..
Thanks..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Morning Maniacs! Taking a rest day and gonna start with the P90X+ tomorrow. Not sure what rotation to do yet. I might just mix them how I want.

Linda- You should take a day or two off if you are dizzy today. You might have a slight concussion.

Debbie- I'll keep your FIL in my thoughts.

Toasty- Sorry the job wasn't a good one. You'll find something. Gas prices do affect where we can work. Want to make money, not break even cuz of a gas hog vehicle.

Anne- If you try the beewax, let me know how it works. I wear ear plugs while I work and that is causeing extra ear wax in my ears, drives me nuts.

Marietta- Thanks for posting your eats.:) Seems consistency is the key.

Lora- Not sure how to help with the hanging knee raises, but the trainer tracker gave some great pointers, I thought.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I slept in late this morning. My workout this morning was P90X+ Kempo Cardio and then I put in the Interval + and skipped the w/up did 15 minutes of it. I then did the ab/core workout. I liked these workouts:)

Lora, I was going to say what Dallys said. Try doing it with the trainer going. It might help you with form. I used my VKR tower so was not hanging with my arms straight like they are.

Linda, I don't know if you saw my post last night but I second Yoga Shatki. You can make your workout however long you want it by using the matrix(workout blender).

Charlotte, sorry the job won't work out. I hope you find something soon.

Dallys, I am not sure which of those P90X+ rotations I would want to do either. I want to start Monday.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey Maniacs!

Today is P90X Upper+ and Abs+ for me. I have today and tomorrow and then a rest day which I am SO looking forward to. My lats are really feeling it more in this round.

Anne-I hope you feel better soon! I just got over a cold myself and I know how much it sucks:(

Charlotte-Bummer about the job! I will keep my fingers crossed that you can find something you like at least a little bit near your house:)

Happy workouts everyone!

Coni

Hello everyone. Today I didn Low Max blasts only, then BC cardio only. Tomorrow is rest day. Got on the scale today and it said 131, yay. I have been really concentrating on my eating, only 2 slip ups but getting better. have a good night.

Thanks for the welcome Diane Sue:)

I started the Classic rotation earlier this week. Right now I am just doing it as is but I'm thinking of adding a bit more cardio and some light Yoga when I start up again after my rest day on Monday. I absolutely LOVE these workouts!

Conni, that is what I was thinking. I was looking over the rotations and think the Classic looked more like what I want to do but add some more cardio and always more yoga/stretching workouts. I might fit a little more leg work in there but have not done Total Body yet so I will see on that one.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.