Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Jan 12

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

I thought for sure someone would have started this already! This morning I did Rebecca Small's Symmetrical Step Segment off of Stomp 2 and then I did Marc Oliver-Kluike's Dance Step segment off of Stomp 2 and for the cooldown, I started to learn another segment from Marc Oliver's Dance Step. Totaled about 70 minutes of aerobics - not sure how much I burned, as my HRM battery went dead. I also did about 45-50 minutes of Yoga from Yoga Radiance.

Have great workouts everyone. I'm off to do my usual Saturday stuff.

Charlotte - I got 2 C&S's from the Trading Post. One is for my Wolf Moon Tee and I'm not sure what the second one's for, but my next pending BPTP order is for the Valentine's Inquisition....so fingers crossed! Unless, he sent the first order in 2 parts??

Well, I got my first pay check yesterday and I am salary. I had to stay late a couple nights this week. I hope this doesn't happen too often. I can just see the first time I'm there until 7:00 pm - I'll be freaking out cuz I get up so early.

Morning!

I'm up early to get my workout in. We're supposed to go to Ft. Collins, CO with my friend (the wonderful one I mentioned last night who I work with) and my sister to Kohl's and to eat lunch. But it's snowing and minus 6, so if the roads are too slick we won't go. :(

Great workout Lora. Working on those brain cells, ey? :) Yeah, that's the sucky thing about salary for sure! Happens to me all the time. Hopefully it won't happen to you.

I'm finished freaking out about having to go take care of my dad and his wife (for now). I'm going to just try to wait and see. We'll get things figured out at work. I know that family comes first, or so they say, but if you don't have a job to come back to b/c you've let it all slide then you're in trouble. Luckily DH's job is a bit more flexible at this point than mine (until he leaves anyway) and my dad ADORES him - more than me I think ;) so DH said he'd go back without me if he had to. And seriously that would make my dad so happy. DH is like the son he never had.

Okay, off to the basement...Kenpo X.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Today will be Kempo X and some add on cardio, abs (not sure why they do not have at least two different ab workouts on P90X) I guess it is the same with legs but you don't do legs 3 times a week. I will probably do the other two P90X upper workouts the next two weeks. I slept in this morning even after dozing on the couch last night. I think I will catch up on some paper work this afternoon and maybe think about packing up some things in the closets that we don't use. It is a sheet of ice outside this am. I don't need coffee to wake me up after spending time out there first thing this morning. The wind is cold.

Lora, so are you enjoying your new workouts? I hope you don't have to work to late to often.

Suz, enjoy your time shopping and having lunch. I am sure if something comes up your dh can take care of it. We always end up figuring out how to handle things when the situation arises. Sitting at home worrying is not going to help.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good morning maniacs!!!!

Excellent news! I put on pants yesterday and went WHOA...these fit different. So, today I measured...and the verdict is I have lost 4 inches!! I had to measure 3 times to be sure, I'm still in shock.
6 weeks results...
waist down 1":+
hips down 1":+ :+
thighs down .5" (both at mid thigh)
upper thigh down .5" (at upper..I hate that flab so I measured it on week one)

biceps no change and chest no change.

I am so ecstatic!!! I won't weigh myself, refuse to, this is good enough for me. I particularly hate that saddlebag...and that is now almost unnoticeable..and there are dents in butt!!

Ok, I'm done bragging, I just had to share some results!!

Today I just finished legs and back cuz I was in a benadryl coma yesterday. On to Kenpox after my errands and cleaningx.

Diane sue- that's great that you are mixing tony in with your already amazing workouts.

Suz- you are a worrier..but I am with ya. when my mom was in hospice I flew to florida for weeks at a time 3 times to care for her, it made my life a rollercoaster with school, my dd, and studying for the bar. But, you will find that time you share is priceless with your dad and you will get through it. ok tears are flowing..

Anne- you are almost there...yeah!!

Well, I'm gonna catch up on yesterday's thread and bbl

I'm so happy!!!:7 :7

Amber

This morning I did Cardio Coach #6 with Candace this time. Loved the workout, she is a good coach. Her voice sounds exactly like the narrator of Desperate Housewives. Its weird. This workout is an hour and has a nice stretch at the end. It has 4 challenges and I loved them all!

Workout was 1:04, was in my zone for 49 minutes and burned 339 calories.

I cannot believe how well I'm doing with jogging/running. Never in a million years did I ever think I could do this. I remember when I first started I looked like Forest Gump! Running heel-toe, heel-toe. Took me a while to start running on my toes and I'm doing that now like its second nature. I love this!!!

Suz - I hope you can go out to lunch. Its suppose to get nasty here too!

Lora - Great workout!

Amber - Great going with your stats! Thats awesome!!!

Hi to everyone else! Hope you all have a great weekend and workouts!

Finished with KenpoX. DH just got up. We're not going. He doesn't want to risk the drive and possible black ice. Smart guy. It's still minus 6 and the windchill is minus 27 or something and it's snowing. Not worth it. I think we'll go Monday since we're off and it's supposed to warm up to 10 to 15 above zero. My sister has to work though so she won't be able to join us. :( We'll try to go somewhere today in town for lunch. Her SO is going to make that drive today though. I hope he's safe!

Diane Sue - I love having you doing P90X stuff with us. I think I already said that. Be careful out there with that ice. I hear that's really scary stuff! Thanks for your kind words. It does all work out, doesn't it?

Amber - WOW!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! That's just awesome! You've been eating well too, right? That's just so cool! Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm a worrier. I wish I wasn't so much.

Debbie - I think that's great that you're running so much now! And loving it. Who knew? :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Did you see they found that boy who was abducted on Monday - ALIVE! And they found another one with him who was abducted 4.5 years ago. He's now 15. Poor baby. :( I've been praying for the one who was abducted Monday, and for his family. It just broke my heart. What a miracle he was found. And his little friend who gave the description of the vehicle is a hero!

Suz

Good Morning
Today is my rest day and I'm off of work! I have to go get my mom set up with Cathe's Basic Step workout. She does workout out with me like 2 times a week and she works, and worksout at Curves. She likes Cathe but it's just to hard for her sometimes.

Amber Congratulations on loosing inches!!!

Great Workouts everyone stay warm!
BBL
Randi

Hi, everyone!

I check in on the Weightwatcher thread, but couldn't resist popping in to tell Amber CONGRATULATIONS!!! And in just 6 weeks. That's amazing.

Hat's off, girl!

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl how kind of you!

Where is everyone today?

Diane Sue...are you ok in that ice storm out there?

Suz..I'm not sure I will be able to move tomorow after doubling up today.

Dallys...how's the haircut? I need one..

Anne..I just read on another forum...you are 9 pounds away from your goal . That is just fabulous!! My hairdresser friend said the same thing as you...she said I may have to be a blonde..or get foiled from now on. But, I must say this time is not as bad as last time...a day of benadryl seems to have broken the cycle. Although, my friend also said...I could die of anaphylactic shock if I keep coloring and have a true allergy. That's scary...but so is being grey!!!

Randi..you are so pretty..and your lab is so cute!

Missy..some people just don't think before they speak (I'm guilty of that a lot) but I agree with everyone else it depends on how they are raised. But there is something to a particular breed and it's nature too! For example, herding dogs. About six months ago I had to put my sheltie mix down (a herder) because she was nipping at little kids. I know she didn't do it to be aggressive, but we have little kids all over here that love to pet zeus..she would try to herd them and when they wouldn't do what she wanted she nipped. Eventually getting one little boy in the face, (no broken skin). It broke my heart to put her down, but I couldn't risk it. I had actually taken her in from a co-worker who was going to put her down for the same reason as he had little kids. At that time I had 2 acres and a teenager with no neighbors for miles. So, she got another 8 years and a good life, but there is some nature vs. nurture controversy with dogs and certain breeds.

Meg...boys must be keeping you busy today..

Debbie..you may have me trying to run yet..sounds like you didn't like it before. I love trader joes..wish we had one, the closes is Ann Arbor. That's where we get our wine...2 buck chuck by the case!!!

Hi to everyone I missed...

We have DH's work party tonight..it's DISCO THEMED. HA HA HA, wish I wouldn't have thrown my satin pants away!

Amber

I drug some firewood in the house and then did my workout. I started with Kempo X wearing my weighted gloves,and then did a 2 mile treadmill run, I did Tracey Staehle's Core dvd skipping the w/u and str 35 min total and I added up to 10# weight to some segments and wore the weighted gloves, I finished with Yoga X doing the first 32 min. stopping after the twisting chair, then forwarded to the segment right after crane, I did this till the yoga bellies and forwarded through that segment and finished. Total yoga time was 55 minutes.

Amber, way to go on your six weeks stats:) You don't need a scale when you can see your progress.

Suz, so you decided to stay in. I can't blame you it is not worth the risk. That is so amazing that they found those boys after all of these years. I pray for the families because you know there are going to be a lot of emotional things to deal with.

Randi, that is cool that your mother works out with you sometimes. My girls worked out with me for awhile when they were still at home. Now they all have there own home workouts they do.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi guys. Got home from work a little while ago. Really feeling lethargic or something. I think it is my Sarcoidosis wiping me out. Kinda hit me about noon. It was hard to lift a freakin coffee pot at the diner, my energy was so zapped. Maybe I will feel better after a short nap.

Deb- I loved that CC I did last night. CC6 with Sean. So much fun and the time flew by. Good job on your running.

AMber- taht is awesome about your results! And your only halfway done! Cool beans!

Suz- I read about those boys in the paper this morning. Amazing! Thank God they are safe now. It is getting colder here too.

Randi- have fun with your mom working out. I used to go for walks with my mom. I loved it.

Lora- good WO. Hope you are enjoying your day. Salary can suck sometimes! Good luck with it.

DS- good WO as usual. I am trying to be inspired and motivated to WO. But I got ZERO energy right now. I should be better after a rest. I have to go clean the barn in a bit anyway. THat cold wet air outa wake me up.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you are having a good day.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hey Maniacs! It a rest day for me. DH and I have been shopping at bike shops. Trying to figure out what size shoes I wear and other stuff. I have figured out that almost all biking clothing runs small.
I'm also in search of some new sunglasses that fit my small head. It's freezing out and we are just happy to be home in a warm house. BRRRRRRR! Dog didn't want to go out this morning. I heard DH pushing and shoving her out the door. LOL!

Lora- Another great workout. I haven't heard of any of them.:)

Suz- I hope it all works out with your dad. This cold weather is not fun! You've really got some cold weather there. I feel for ya. It's 16 degrees here today. I watched this morning about those 2 boys. It's a miracle they found both of them. I can't imagine what they went through with that phyco.

Randi- Love your pictures! You are a georgous girl and your pets are so cute. It's cool your mom works at curves. I just saw a place for Men like that. It was called "Blitz" 20 min. workout for men. I guess they felt left out. LOL!

Cheryl- Hi there! Another Utal Gal here! Are you freezing too?

Amber- I really like my haircut. It's exacally what I wanted. I'm so happy for you and your results! You are doing great. I can't wait to see what they are at the end. Isn't it great to get something positive out of all your hard work? I think P90X is great, you just have to commit and stick with it.

Diane Sue- My hair is like yours. Thin and fine and colored. It's hard to find a style that works. Today while trying clothes on, I had the Static thing going on. I hate that. Always happens when I try on clothes.

Debbie and Meg- I was doing a CC the other day and thinking, these workouts are the best ever! Every time I do one I think, this one is my favorite. I like all of them.

Have a great weekend everybody!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Suz - Great workout today! I can't believe its so cold wher eyou are. Dang! Stay warm! And I was glad to see the boys were found as well. I'll have to watch the news. I'm wondering how they were found and who had them?

Amber - I have always hated running because I could never do it. My form, my breathing, everything was always off. Plus I'm flat-footed so that makes it really hard to run. I'm loving it thanks to the Cardio Coach workouts! :)

Dallys - I'm glad you like the CC workouts too. I cannot say enough about them. I really liked Candace's workout this morning, I hope she makes more.

Diane Sue - Another great workout!

Meg - How many CC's do you have??

I just got done eating one of those Yoplait Whips. Man, those things are to die for! I love them. I had Chocolate Cherry just now and I had the Chocolate Raspberry at lunch time. YUMMY!!!!

Just got back from going to lunch in town (Old Chicago - had an oriental chicken salad) and then DH, my sister and I did grocery shopping together at Wal-Mart. Now I'm home where it's warm. Yay!!! I'm glad we stayed in town.

Amber - Doing those two workouts back to back is tough, huh? You don't realize it until the very end when you start running out of steam. I don't know how Diane Sue does it!

Missy - I do have to say one more thing about Pit Bulls and the breed thing. It is not in their nature to be mean. They are not bred to be mean to people. True, they were bred for fighting - but fighting other dogs, not people. If they could not be handled by people in their legal fighting days (which I totally don't agree with - the whole fighting thing) they were immediately put down. From one of my many favorite Pit Bull websites is the following: "Aren't Pit Bulls MEAN and VICIOUS? No more vicious than golden retrievers, beagles or other popular dogs! In a recent study of 122 dog breeds by the American Temperament Testing Society (ATTS), pit bulls achieved a passing rate of 83.9%. That's as good or better than beagles ... 78.2%, and golden retrievers ... 83.2%. How did your favorite breed do? See for yourself: ATTS.org." And I got this from the Pit Bull Rescue Central website, another favorite of mine: "Most pit bulls are NOT human-aggressive. In a large number of cases, when a pit bull attacks a human, it has been trained to be aggressive towards people, most likely abused, and/or seriously deprived of socialization with humans. Those dogs usually have uncaring and irresponsible owners who acquire them for the wrong reasons." When they say "most pit bulls are not human-aggressive" neither are most dogs, but some are. I know some people argue that pit bulls should be banned then. Well then so should all other powerful breeds like Rotties, German Shepherds, Dobermans, Akitas, basically all big dogs that are strong. And what about the 3 peikenese (I have no clue how to spell that) dogs that killed a baby? If Pit Bulls are banned, the "bad guys" will find another breed to abuse and make mean. Mark my words.

Was that one more thing? One loooooooooooong thing! :)

DH wants to go in the hot tub. Dare I??? The temp is 1 degree above zero! Hmmmm....okay, I'm gonna go for it. If you never hear from me again until spring it's because my feet are frozen to the ground!

Suz

Just got back from grocery shopping with my mom. It is like 19 degrees here in kansas city we had a little bit of sleet today I think we're suppose to get more.
Suz we get pit pulls that do doggie day care with us where I work and they are sweethearts. I think all dogs are sweet it's just how they're raised that makes them mean.
BBL:)

Randi - You're getting cold weather too? Looks like it's finally hitting everybody. Be careful out there with the sleet!

You should see my two Pit Bulls right now. Crashed on the couch. Gizmo has his head on top of Amber and Gizmo's tongue is hanging out, of course. :) It makes me so sad that people can be so mean to them. They want them to be mean (and they're not by nature) so they beat the crap out of them trying to get them mean. So sad. I'm glad to hear people like you where you work and Dallys where she works tell happy stories of the ones they see. And of course everyone in our vet's office and boarding facility LOVE Gizmo and Amber to pieces!!!

Suz

Suz you have two adorable dogs and birds. This may seem stupid to ask this is Pit Bull short for something?
I'm going to bed early tonight have to get up and workout before I go to work. I wish I was out doing somthing tonight but none of my friends are available:( This sucks being single I hate it. I'm starting to miss my ex boyfriend because we always went out and did stuff together. Now I'm just sort of talking to someone who I hardly ever see cause he's soooo busy. I need to have my older brother who is a Director at E Harmony set me up. He always says he will he just keep forgeting. Guys suck right now:-(

So, no WO for me. My Sarcoidosis is really beating me up today. I worked this mornign, then came home about 3, went to bed till almost 6, and have been on the couch and floor since. I really really really wanted to WO, but no go. Planning on tomorrow though.

Randi- I know that feeling. Used to feel that way when I was single out in Colorado when I had no where to go. If we lived closer I would go out and party with ya!:p You should find a really good movie and veg! I am sure you will have no problems finding another boyfriend, just DON't settle for the first one who comes along.LOL!!
Hopefully I will be working out *with* you in the morning.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.