Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Dec 8

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did PK Step with Petra. This was a lower intensity step workout. I had some difficulty following it ......as my brain must still be on overload. Workout was 58" and I burned 432 calories. Looking back at the week, I did not have a particularly good workout week. Maybe I should give up the step this week and try some kickboxing for this brain overload/new job stress thing.

I also did Finding Balance Yoga with David Luray 80". This didn't even make me feel good like yoga usually does. Don't know what's up with that.

I wish I could decide on a rotation to do.....as I feel like I need the structure of one in my life right now with all of this new job stuff going on....but I can't decide what to do. Any ideas??

Diane Sue - Does Tracey have any cardio/weight circuits on any of her DVDs as premixes? or just AMy? Which AMy premixes do you find to be the best in the hour length range for cardio/weight circuits?

Have great rest days or workouts everyone.

Good MOrning Maniacs!!!

Might need to take some advil for my butt after yesterdays workout. lol.

Gonna do chest/back today on my own. Gonna stick with 4-5 reps for bench and do assisted pullups which I hope will just end up making me stronger later.

My weight is now 115 again. This is silly. 119 then 115. Weird.

Good Morning, I am getting ready to go work do some of Amy's Step Challenge 2 and some treadmill run/walking. Then I will do abs and some stretch/yoga.

Lora, Tracey has a circuit on her new step dvd. It has those total body toning moves in it that are mainly core. I would have to go back and look at my notebook on Amy's I have done one of them off of her Step Challenge 2. It had the weights from Slo Mo in it. I think one is longer than the other since there are two circuits. I will let you know.

Charlotte, I have had the up and down weight thing going on and I think the cause is eating a lot of other peoples cooking and eating out. Much more sodium and other stuff stuck in there. I eat my own stuff for a couple of days and it goes back down.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning
Yesterday was my rest day:) Do ya'll thing if I did the gym style series this week would be too much since I just did about 6 weeks of the 4 day split.
So it would be like GS Back and Bis then 30 min of imax or another cardio from the hardcore series
TIA
Randi

I did Cardio Coach #7 today and I'm so excited to say:

[font size=4][font color=red]***I MET ALL MY GOALS FOR THIS WORKOUT!!!***[/font color][/font size]

This is the workout that with the first challenge has 4 - 3 min. sprints. I said that I wanted to do all four of these sprints at 6.0 mph. Well, I was able to do each sprint at that speed on an incline of 1.5% today. I am so excited about this. I did hit my zone 4 with the last three sprints but only by 3-4 bpm. Wow, I am flying right now!

I also met my goas with Challenge #2 where you do alternating 1 min. hill climbs and 1 min. sprints. I upped my sprint speed with the challenge to 6.3 mph, incline of 2% - I was doing them at 6.0 mph, incline of 2%.

[font color=indigo]Cardio Stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]1 hr. 5 min.
52 min. in zone
374 calories burned (yea right) Treadmill said 434 calories burned
4.12 miles travelled[/font]

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'm not planning on eating too many bad foods today. I had way too much last night.

I finished my workout. I started with Amys Step Challenge 2 combos 1-3 and power ups, then ran/walked on the treadmill for 2.33 miles, then did Amy's Step challenge 2 stretch, I followed this with Yoga Booty Ballet Masters yoga/core. Had to modify the planks from the hands to the elbows. I have arthritis in my right thumb and a move I did the other day with Sharon Twombly's All Body Attack lifting the step platform with one hand irritated it. After all of the push ups yesterday and then me laying on it last night it was very painful this morning. Couldn't even hold my cup of coffee with my right hand:(

Lora, I checked my notebook and Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix 2 circuit is 52 minutes. I did like how it went from the standing medicine ball work into the last of the toning segments. Amy's are Circuit 1 which is 88 minutes This one has no back
Circuit 2 which is 87:30 minutes which covers everything
There is no core in either one. When I did one I chose Circuit 2
The only other one would be to do the Hi/Lo Dome one is 63 minutes. I don't think it is circuit format though it is all combos, all intervals, all combos , all intervals Dome and stretch.

Charlotte, I am pretty sure that is what it is. DOn't stress over it:)

Randi, I can't see any reason why you can't change to another heavier weight rotation next week. Most of the time though I like to do at least one week of lighter stuff and then go into the heavy rotation.

Debbie, so glad that you met your goals:)

Thanks Diane
I did end up doin abs: B&G ball abs and 4DS KB abs then GS chest and GS back then Imax 3 premix 1-5. I just stick with another heavy week then maybe go into somthing else next week don't know
Randi

Hey Maniacs! I did Core Synergistics this morning. Felt good. I still need work in the core area though. Pants feel loose this morning, so I'm on the right track.:)

Diane Sue- Dh made MORE Pizza! Enought to last a couple more days. He makes it pretty healthy and makes a super thin crust.:)

Debbie- You are killing all your goals girl! What next?}(

Char- I hate when my weight does that. You're not sure if you weigh the high number or the low.

Suz- So sorry to hear about your step Mom. Hope your Dad will be ok. Be careful out on those icey roads!

Gotta run...Dh is honking...LOL!
[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Diane Sue - thanks for the info. Tracey's don't sound that great. What about Amy's older premixes? Any good circuits you remember from those?

I just had the most awesome salad at this Italian place in town. It was a Venetian Salad ($13 -- yikes) had some sort of pears, tart cherries, candied walnuts and a champagne vinagarette dressing....yum!! I also had a slice of my DH's Brier Hill Pizza. Does anyone else have Briar Hill style pizza, or is it exclusive to this area? I think it originated here...but I'm not sure if it spread. It's basically pizza with lots of peppers, hot and such, and sprinkle cheese instead of mozzarella cheese. It's my fave pizza and it's not as fattening as traditional pizza.

I also ended up with an extra Aromaleigh "Naughty" makeup kit that I'll sell for half price...........it's mineral makeup and here's the website. The kits are under "what's new" www.aromaleigh.com

Just finished dinner. Eats today were as follows
meal 1 Oxygen clean eating quinoa black bean salad 1/2 chicken breast from Jan Oxygen Kristens Asian BBQ Chicken
snack a handful of raisins
Meal 2 same as meal 1
Meal 3 Oxygen Jan issue Lean Mean salad with asparagus, zucchini, and tomato

Lora, I am having a hard time thinking of an Amy circuit around 1 hour other than the one on Cardio Step Pump. There is one on Hi/Lo Extreme that is 1 hr 24 minutes It is the quick circuit. It is only legs, back and core. You could skip core and it would be much closer to an hour. If you have Kelley Coffey's New Cardio/Sculpt fitness that might be one you could use. It is 1 hour 8 minutes.

Hey Maniacs,

Late check in! Couldn't be helped, way to busy, but the good news is the costumes are finished and now I can focus on Christmas. I am so far behind!

This morning was shoulders and traps and thats all I did. This staying up past midnight plus the cold is killing me!

Shoulders

Dumbbell Military Press
12 - 25#
6/6/5 - 30#

Plate Front Raises
10/10/10/10 - 25#

No ROM Lateral Raises
8/8/8 - 12#

Bent Over Lateral Raise
10/10/10 - 15# (this needs to go up next time)

Traps

Barbell Shrugs
20/15/15 - 100#

Overhead Shrugs
12 - 55#
12/12 - 65#

Hope everyone had a good day. I am going to try and go to bed early tonight!

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.