Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Dec 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

No rest day for me this week.....too much chocolate lately. Off to do some cardio and maybe some yoga. I have to go out of town today. We are celebrating Christmas on my DH's side of the family and his sister lives in North Canton which is about an hour and 15 minutes from here. I don't like celebrating after the Holiday when I'm supposed to be being good and not eating any more sweets.

Be back later.

I ended up doing The Biggest Loser Cardio Max. I modified some of the higher impact on the Rebounder to give my feet a break and then I added on about 5 minutes of free form gliding at the end. I listened to my own music. Cardio was 59" and I burned 493 calories.

I also did Anusara Yoga with Elaine Brewer and didn't particularly enjoy it. Will try it again at a later date. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone. I'm eating my shredded wheats now and then I'll get my bath and get ready to go out of town for the day. I hate leaving my babies alone all day!!

Deb - do you still watch General Hospital? It's been boring...but the previews for January look like the action might pick up. I hope Lulu starts dating Johnny......it would be fun to have her with mini mobster!! I wonder who's off the show next?

Morning Maniacs,

Where is everybody this morning? I did shoulders and traps today. And that's it. I was too tired and got up late.

Shoulders/Traps
Barbell Overhead Press
12/12/10 - 50#
Dumbbell Shrugs
15/15/15 - 45's

Shoulders/shoulders
WG Upright Rows
10/10/10 - 50#
HG DB Front Raise
10/10/10 - 15's

Shoulders/Traps
Arnold Press
12 - 20's
12/12 - 21's
Behind the Back Shrugs
15/15/15 - 85#

Debbie - two questions - Can I do WG Upright Rows with dumbbells? Maybe that would put as much stress on my wrists. Second, how do you get the barbell behind your back for the shrugs?

Hope everyone has a great workout and an even better day!

Linda

Woke up in the middle of the night with horrible cramps. I knew it was coming, though. When I got up to do my workout I had a horrible headache and cramps. However, I want to take tomorrow off so I decided to do a short cardio workout. I chose Cardio Coach #3. I did pretty well considering how I was feeling. I still have a headache. It took forever to get my HR up. On the last challenge, which is 4 - 10 second level 4 sprints - I had to up my speed to 8 mph just to get me in my high level 3. I finally hit level 4 with the last sprint.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]39 minutes
30 min. in zone
225 calories burned
2.37 miles travelled
[/font]

DH and I are going to see "I am Legend" today and out to dinner. Looking forward to that. Hope you all have a great day!

Linda - Yes, you can do WG upright rows with dumbbells, sometimes that works better anyways. And I place my bar on the edge of my bench (where my head would go if I were to do a bench press) and load it up there. It's at a perfect height, I just have to bend down a bit to get my hands around the bar so no strain on my low back. Do you have a weight bench?

Hello ladies. Did Tracy's Glute camp..It's a different workout . I like it. Just changin things up.

Linda we are here. Just no time to get on till now..

So who else ordered the new p 90 x??
I am gonna give it one more try..
Don't know if i can handle doing the same w/o's for 3 months..

Deb, i don't know how you did that at all with a headache and cramps..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

I finally finished my workout. Motivation wasn't there this morning. I did Kimberly Spreens Kickbox Bootcamp stopping at the str, then I did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Step Box Vertical step with core premix no w/up, I then did Ana and Ravi's Yoga Housecalls strong as steel segment and Yoga Shatki Basic Flow. I wanted something with a little less impact and not to heavy before I start P90X.

Anne, I think Tracey's Glute Camp is a pretty good workout. Works you well with all of the bosu stuff too:)

Lora, have fun with dh's family today.

Debbie, I hope the cardio made you feel better.

Linda, good workout.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Debbie - Yes, I have a weight bench and thanks for the tip. I will definitely try it the next time, perhaps that way I could go heavier too :p . I am sorry to hear about the cramps and the headache, good job doing the cardio anyway. Do you deal with headaches often?

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.