Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Dec 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Today is my recovery workout day. I will do some light cardio and some yoga. Be back later.

I ended up doing Petra's Dance 1,2,3. Workout was 56" long and I burned 460 calories. This wasn't very intense and my HR stayed in the 70-75% range. It was fun though. Also, since I managed to get up at 2:30 am (not quite 2:00 am yet...but I'm trying), I did The Great Instructors Yoga with Shiva Rea - Free Form Vinyasa Flow 90". I enjoyed this practice much more than I thought I would when I previewed it. This was filmed live at a San Francisco conference and it's quite interesting to see Shiva in a live class.....however, I missed the breathtaking scenery usually seen in her videos!

Have a great day ladies. My last weekend of being free.......and then it's back to working full-time on Monday! I made sure I had a week of long workouts cuz who knows how much time I'll have this week. It's supposed to snow every day this week....so I'll have to leave for work even earlier! I don't like the snow!

Diane Sue - did you see my post a few days back about Amy's upcoming presale for her new Kickbox DVD coming being filmed in January?

ETA: Has anyone here ever researched Kettlebells? I am very curious about them. Do you know anyone who uses them or does KB workouts?

Good Morning
Today I start my new rotation it's sort of a spin off of Cathes 07 Dec rotation but harder}(
Today is Drill Max cardio blast premix then 4DS Chest and Triceps.
Lora Great workout as always:) I'm doing much better then I have been the bulimia and depression has gone down my medicine is finally kicking in a little but not quite full force:) My irritablity is better then it has been. Oh my god was I they devil!!!!
Thank you and everyone else for being so supportive :)
Love you guys
Randi

GOod Morning, I slept in late. I am getting ready to go do a treadmill run and Ripped and Chiseled. I will probably do some yoga off of the Flexible Warrior Athletic Yoga dvd. I did not try the cycle segment yet. Did the energy, swim, and run segments yesterday.

Lora, I have been reading about kettleballs for a couple of years. They have some in Target. I would like to get some but they are pretty expensive. Yes, thanks for posting about Amy's new workout she will be filming. Have you recieved your replacement Tracey yet??
I haven't got mine. I know someone else that ordered by mail and it took her two e mails to receive hers. I am surprised. I looked at that yoga dvd you did today when I purchased the flexible warrior one. Not sure I would like Shiva live. I too, like the outdoor scenery. Have you seen this dvd? I have heard it comes out January 8. http://www.fitnessfly.com/product_p/bay782.htm It is on my wish list along with the new p90x ones.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Wow, I weighed myself this morning expecting to see some weight gain due to Thanksgiving and I seem to have lost some weight. I'm at 123#. Not sure how this is even possible. Weird. Makes me happy though, I'm planning on eating some major crap today!

This morning I did my 3rd day of total body. Had an excellent workout. 2 sets 15 reps today and high reps just kill me. I'm thankful it was only 2 sets. I'm definitely not use to endurance workouts.

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Decline Press:
35's - 15/15
[font color=blue]***These felt good but the last 2-3 reps in each set about killed me.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Barbell Rows - underhand grip:
55# - 15/15
[font color=blue]***These burned. I concentrated on the top contraction and really felt it.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS/HAMSTRINGS[/font]
Step Ups - 5 risers:
60# - 15/15
[font color=blue]***Haven't done step-ups in ages. These felt really good and my quads were tight when I got done.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Face-Down Incline Lateral Raise:
12's - 15/15
[font color=blue]***Loved the way this felt, nice exercise. Felt it in my rear delts really well.[/font color]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Weight Bench Dips:
55# - 15/15
[font color=blue]***Love this exercise. Really felt this in my tri's.[/font]

[font color=indigo]CALVES:[/font]
Barbell Calf Raises:
95# - 15
105# - 15
[font color=blue]***Concentrated on the movement and did them slowly. Got a pretty good burn doing that.[/font]

That is all....

Penney - Nice workout yesterday. About keto. I didn't think people should stay on it long term. I didn't think it was healthy forever because of the high fats. Don't mean to be harping on about this, it just worries me that a diet consists of that much fat and is portrayed as being healthy. Just looking out for your health, my friend! Hugs!

Dallys - That was funny about the $100 bill. OMG!!!

Diane Sue - yes, it's different seeing Shiva's personality. She's not so serious in person. I liked her interaction with the class and the freeform sections felt really good. I did miss the scenery though. It's just hard for me to find 90 mintues to devote to yoga at one time....although the time flew by on this one. Yes, I've seen Triple Threat before. It's actually an older workout (from when Kimberly had her own website and had workouts up). I almost bought it a few times, but never did cuz I wasn't sure how good the production value of her older stuff was. You can do a search at VF and there has been minimal discussion over there about it. If you get it, I'd be very interested to hear about it. Speaking of which.....how do you like Flexible Warrior? You never say if you like something and you leave me hanging! :)

Deb - meant to mention that the Finger Eleven song that's newer is called Falling On.....just heard it a while ago. Also, did you ever download that Hurt song, 10 Ton Brick? I like it....but don't know what their other music is like. I will keep my ears peeled for more new stuff. Heard a couple newer bands over the past week that caught my attention, but I don't remember their names.....but I'll pay closer attention.

Hi Lora,

I'm a lurker, but noticed you did Shiva's new live yoga. I haven't read that too many people have it or have done it. I've really enjoyed that one too. I can't usually spare 90 minutes either, but even cutting it short is beneficial. She really knows how to open up the hips! I miss the scenery too, but did enjoy seeing her in a live class. I definitely will use if frequently, although Fluid Power is my favorite.

Happy Holidays and sorry to butt in!

Tracy

Diane Sue - no....didn't get my Tracy replacement. I just emailed her again. I really liked that step workout, as it was more doable for me than Amy's. I don't know how you can pick Amy's up!

Tracy - pop in any time! I love Fluid Power also....but I was able to learn easier in this live class. I don't know why I thought I wouldn't enjoy the free-form wave like parts........but it ended up feeling very good on the spine, etc. I also liked the free form 5" pose section and I was rather proud of myself on my selection of poses!! LOL! It gave me the chance to do plough and shoulderstand..........cuz I always like to do them nearing the end of my practice. Feel free to join us over at the yoga check in any time also! It's called Trying to Fit Yoga In. There are only about 4 of us that post.....but I sort of go into more detail about yoga over there......as to not bore the Hardcore peeps over here!

I finished my workout. I ran 5 1/4 miles on the treadmill, then did Jari Loves Ripped and Chiseled, I finished with Flexible Warrior Cyclist segment. It was my first time doing Ripped and Chiseled. I liked the sequencing of the exercises. High rep endurance stuff. I do wish the Jari would get some new music though. No ab work. She tacked on one as a bonus in her special section and it is from another workout.

Lora, I am not sure how to describe Flexible Warrior. There is not a fancy set or anything like that. Just a basic indoor setting. The moves are pretty basic. I think that it has good instruction on form for the moves. It helped me feel some of the stretches where I was supposed to. I think I got a good stretch with it. I will probably use it quite a lot. The swim segment gets the shoulders pretty well. The cycle segment does some shoulder opening and gets the legs and hips really well, run gets the legs and hips well too. On that note I will say at first I was a little disappointed. But, I did like what I got out of it.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Lora - Yes, I like Falling On as well. It's on the CD I have. Very good song. I'll download the other one you mentioned and let you know how I like it. Thanks!

Good afternoon ladies! Today and tomorrow are off days from training. :)

Debbie:I do not plan to stay on this indefinitely, only until I lose the fat I want to (about 35 or so more lbs of it). Afterwards, I plan to switching back to 40f/40p/20c :) Or, 30/50/20.

Keto has helped alot of plateauing people get it off. It really is a cleansing diet. The 4 lbs I lost this week was water and bloat. Hopefully it'll be pure fat from now on!

Happy Sat mainiacs..
I am off tomorrow.. Yippieeee..
Finally got a good w/o in. I did 4ds total ub. I came close to Cathe this time. Had to do a quick change at times. Hope i can lift the weights to do legs tomorrow..

I have a hard time on Keto diet. I have the strips. It makes me really tired..Need some carbs.It will take time.. It will come off. And then stay off..

Char, glad you got the mail Do ya like??

Deb, you make me sick girl.. You are withering away..Have a few Cosmopolitans.. MMM.. That 'll blow the diet. LOL..
Thinkin of dinner. What can i feed the dh???

You lost a few and gave them to Char's butt. LOL..

Hey Maniacs!!!!

Did my Total Body workout. I am gonna try to remember stats..left in basement...

90sec rest 3/8

Bicep Curls 75#bb 3/8
ATG Squats 100# 3/8
Dips 5/5/5 (off equip)
WG Pullups 5/4/4
WG Upright Rows 50#bb 3/8
Bench Press on incline 70# 3sets 8/8/6

I think that is it. Still got to do abs tonight. Going to see The Mist with dh and daughter..son is working at theatre..he can't see it.
:-(

Anne,

Whatcha talking about??? You know something I don't? I am checking out the video's tonight when I get home. I plan on doing ab work from one of them.

Debbie,

Got your email. Will have a chance to email you back later. So your weight is really going down....WOW!

Hey Maniacs! Did Core Synergistics and then spent some time in the hot tub while sipping a recovery drink.:p It's been snowing all day here!

Eats:
B-Homemade egg McMuffin on whole wheat english muffin
S-Wheat thins/cheese-tangerine
L-Whole wheat toast/avocado/feta/tomato-Tangerine
S-Beachbody recovery drink
D-Chicken/Salad/redwine vinegar/udos oil-Tangerine.

Great workouts everyone!:)

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Bionics,

That sounds like fun!

I forgot to post my EATS:

Meal 1: Dh took us out for breakfast. I had: 3 eggs, 3 pieces bacon, light wheat bread, potatoes
Meal 2: Yogurt and Protein Bar
Meal 3: Protein Shake, banana
Meal 4: Meatloaf and green beans

I totally missed meal 5..got a late start with breakfast.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.