Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Sat Aug 9

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs-

This morning I did Patricia Moreno's Kickbox Yoga Fusion. Workout was 58" and I burned 518 calories. This morning I did Patricia Moreno's Kickbox Yoga Fusion. Workout was 58" and I burned 518 calories. Tunes were Buckcherry's 15. Getting psyched for the Crue Fest Labor Day weekend with Papa Roach, Buckcherry, et all!! Can't wait. Plus...they make excellent workout music. I really like this kickboxing workout....but I up the intensity a bit by double timing the combos sooner, adding a bit of plyo, etc. I can get my HR up to high 140's and 150 ...so it's pretty good.

Amber - I'm gonna keep the Valslides. I had a brain warp and sort of forgot exactly how you use the discs since they are such a different shape than the regular gliding discs. I love my Mio! I especially like my latest model, the Drive. I've been using them for about 8 years now.

Have great workouts everyone. I've got to put groceries away and get ready for work.

Last edited:
Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I am gonna just work shoulders today..most of my body is very sore. I want to get to some yard sales this morning before work...haven't gone in so long.

BTW, hubby's scans came back fine..no cancer anywhere, but still gonna go thru radiation to make sure as the scans cannot pick up microscopic germs, etc. No worries...he is gonna be around for awhile. Now I have to make my doc appts to make sure I am fine as well. Can't wait for the bills to come in. OY!

Anyhoo..here is what I did yesterday:

LEGS

Squats 200# 3/8
ATG Squats 120# 3/8

Leg Ext 100# 3/6 (getting better with these..10# more then I normally do)

Deads 130# 3/6 (slowly will work my way up higher with these..form must be perfect as I don't need back injury)

Reverse Lunges 110# 3/8 (these are screaming hurtin' hard..sweat just starts coming)

ABS Coremax 1

I want to start doing plyo's inbetween my leg work next time. I haven't had much time lately for longer workouts, but I am putting in my notice at work soon. I am tired of working so hard and getting treated like "no one" there. The disrespect there is unreal. The money is unreal too..minimum wage for managing entire shop and reservations. The combination is not worth my time anymore.

Morning Maniacs! My hamstrings are soooooooo sore from Tear it Up yesterday, yowsa! I woke in the middle of the night just feeling the soreness come on. That doesn't happen often, lol. In just a few, dh and I and a friend are going for a Mountain Bike ride up the canyon. This is the long one (about 3 hrs.) and we are going to ride it in reverse today. I hope dh's friend is out of shape because that will give me an excuse to rest more if my hamstrings aren't up to the ride. I'm just praying he's a slowpoke...PRAYING!

Lora- Nice job on the workouts and I'm glad you figured out the Valslides!:D

Toasty- I'm so glad your dh is doing fine! To bad the job isn't so great. That will be better for us though as you can be a mega poster again!:p;)

Hermia- Yeah, sounds like you aren't eating enough. If you aren't a big eater, the meal replacement drink might be a good idea.

Gotta run.... need to fuel up for the ride!:cool:

Had an excellent workout this morning. Did 4DS Upper Body Weights Only and wow, what a great workout. I'm not going to list what I did because there are a million and one exercises in this one. The premix said it was 67 minutes long. I beg to differ. It took me an hour and 40 minutes to do this. WAY TOO LONG. Granted, I took a few more rest breaks but not too many. Setting up for each round took a while so I know that added to the time as well.

Fun stuff! I only have four more workouts and then I'm taking a week off. Looking forward to it!

Char - That is great news about your dh!!! I'm so happy for you!

Afternoon,:p

Quick check in, before heading out. I got up today at 3pm. Then, I decide today will be my rest day, but the weather was just so perfect, I went for a walk took me 2 hours. I gotta run! Have a great evening all :D

Debbie: Nice job, The work is awesome! Its on my agenda for tomorrow.

Hey again! Bike ride went pretty good. My wishes came true and dh's friend was slow...to slow actually. I was about 30 min. ahead of him by the end of the ride. Ride was around 2 1/2 hrs and went about 10 miles. Dh said going in reverse direction was easier, but I declared Bull Sh*t! It was one tough grind! Burned almost 1000 calories so that was nice.:cool: My hamstrings felt tight for the first half of the ride and then once the pain was pulsing throughout my whole body on the hard climbs, I forgot about all about them. LOL! Geez! That's a tough ride (can I say that one more time?)! Dh's friend told me I was an animal and was super impressed...Dh said, "don't worry about my wife, she can hold her own out here." That's why I love him so much!;)

Later...

Hi Toasty, great news about your DH! yay!

Dallys, definitely impressive. I think I would die if I biked that far, although, I'd never make it to find out!

Today I've mostly been doing housework and typing notes. I just did Firm Power Yoga for something light. It was ok, although it's been a long time since I did this one, and I used to be a lot more impressed with it. oh well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.