Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Sat Aug 12

acatalina

Cathlete
Where is everyone this am?
Sleepyheads.
Last night(I am a day late)
was GS Back bi shoulders. I went really heavy on the back. I increased the 1 arm rows to 35 then down to 25. I need to get 30's.
The barbell back rows 50, they were tough,but i did it.Barbell pullovers 30.
Shoulders i went from 25 to 20 to 15. My , were they on fire. I am trying to increase. By the time i got to the biceps i had to lighten up. Sore. They are my problem. I think i should start with them then go to the rest.I am determoned to build up on these darn biceps.
Tonites game plan is cardio. need to rest these muscles, or go for a walk with the Grandson.Well, he rides most of it.Pushing the stroller up hills is a workout.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did low max and plb within 30 mins or so apart. My legs are soooooo sore today, but I am thrilled, does that make sense??? LOL! I know I tore up some muscle fibers and my muscles have been twitching again.

Getting ready to pack and leave. Will be back friday morning.

Anne,

Gosh, great job on the arm rows, Anne! You friggin animal! And the barbell back rows too!!! Good grief!!!! You went that much for shoulders too? Damn! Shouldn' be a problem for you going up for bicep. Piece of cake.

Enjoy the weekend girls!!

Charlotte~~

Char, the biceps are a real problem. I give out.It makes me yell.... My arms and chest were stil sore from GS Chest/tri.
Next week will be better.
Lomax and plb are you nuts????
Jello legs.
Well, have a great beach trip. Hope you have nice weather.Watch the nutso VA drivers out there....I almost got merged into my side.Scared the crap out of me...
I am trying to be just like you , HEHEHEH.
Are you wearing a thong????
Happy vacation.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

We were posting at the same time:

Here's my post:

Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning my rotation called for a rest day but I couldn't bare to do that since I've gained a couple MORE pounds lately. I did Yoga Booty Ballet Cardio Cabaret Burlesque Style (aerobic segment x 3). Total workout was about 60 minutes. I then did Yin Yoga from the Karma Yoga project, but I didn't hold the poses as long as she does (she holds each one for at least 5 minutes). I wanted to shorten the session. I then did about 5-10 minutes of additional stretching on my own.

The funny thing about doing this aerobics workout is that I got my heartrate up higher than I've been able to all week and the workout seemed easier. I don't know if it was the additional sleep or what. I had difficulty with the step and plyo tapes I did last week with getting my intensity up and HR up. I can't possibly be overtraining when most of you ladies workout 3 hours a day or go for 50 mile bike rides, right?

Charlotte - I don't know if you've left yet, but that's great news that you sold your house. We've had that house we bought and fixed up on the market for almost a year and it still hasn't sold. We're a bit worried, as it's hurting us financially.
Megadoo - Did you see the picture link I posted for you yesterday? I know you were caught up with your child...so I wasn't sure you saw it.

Debbie - I used to do transcription for a neurosurgeon and for pulmonologists. I really learned a lot about neurosurgery from that surgeon.

Diana Sue - how's the puppy? poor baby!

I have a coupon for a discount on Turbo Jam Maximum Results. If someone wants me to forward the email, I'll be happy to do so, as I already have it. Let me know.

I'm off to soak in my Lushie tub and then we're going to see the movie Pulse. Not a whole lot to choose from. My niece is supposed to be coming home from Columbus for her birthday and I will probably have to stop over and see her......and that probably means cake ....which I don't need, but can't turn down.

Have great workouts. I'll be back later.

I'd like to join your check-in, if you don't mind. :) I'm striving to be a hardcore fitness maniac like all of you and you are motivating me to get there. ;-)

Today I have IMAX 1 on the rotation and will probably go hiking or hit the elliptical after that, too, time permitting.

We are heading to a hotel for a couple of days to swim and "get away" for a while. I hope you all have wonderful weekends.

Take care,
Marcia.

Marcia - you are welcome to join us! These women are all MANIACS!!

Anne - EXCELLENT workout! Wow, that poundage is awesome!

Charotte - I knew you'd be sore! Had no doubt about that!

Hi Lora and everyone else to come!

This morning I did full body using the superset routine. This was 2 sets/15 reps with 2 minutes rest period:

SS #1
Dumbbell Chest Press: 27 lbs. each hand
Pull ups : 5 reps, 3 1/2 reps 3 reps (this SS I did 3 sets because my chest didn't feel worked enough)

SS #2
Squat - 55 lbs.
Leg Extensions - 50 lbs.

SS #3
Dumbbell Press (shoulders) - 17 lbs. each hand (this was hard, could only complete 12 reps with the 2nd set)
Seated Overhead Press (triceps) - 25 lbs.

Calf Raises

Ab work - did stuff on my decline board and stability ball. Used an 8 lbs. med ball for most of it.

My weight and body fat has improved. When I started this full body rotine two weeks ago (starting the third week Monday), I went from:

131.5 lbs. to 128.5 lbs.
18% BF to 17% bf.

I'm happy with this, at least I'm seeing positive progress.

Ladies, I am back. For a short time. Went to Maryland and back again. Just helping FIL move too and storing his stuff here as well. Please don't ask...hubby's idea, not mine!

Anyhoo,

Anne,

I hear ya. Down near Virginia Beach they drive like nuts! People WILL NOT let you in, they will cut you off. I thought they drove bad in Maryland, but it is worse there, not so where we live. Slloooowww drivers here, for the most part. Well, when I was in Maryland this afternoon, a dumb dude behind me passed me at the stop sign..CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? Then he just about crashed into the guy coming out from the stop sign off the side street. Got to a traffic light up ahead and I was burning mad so I screamed out....YOU DAMN IDIOT!!!!!!! I knew he heard me cuz he was waving his arms trying to say sorry or something. Then I go to 7 Eleven cuz I got to pee and there is this lady that just takes up the entire aisle (not cuz she is big either), but bent over reading ALL the newspapers....just grab one and get the hail out of my way!!!!!!! As you can tell, I am still hyper today. No patience either!

Lora,

Thanks! I sent you a email.

Debbie,

Well your results don't surprise me at all. Figured you should be seeing results with how hard you are busting it out (muscle that is)!!!! (HIGH FIVE)

Diane Sue,

Gonna do some of those ab workouts you posted for me today...maybe that will calm me down.

Marcia Marcia Marcia!!!! LOL!

I am so happy you are joining us. I have missed you too!!!!!!! Love hearing how you are doing and what workouts you have planned!!!

Charlotte~~

Marcia - Welcome to the check in. These ladies are amazing.

Charlotte - when are you leaving for the beach? I got your CD today. Thanks.

I meant to mention this .....I was told I had a JLo booty yesterday and I was just wondering if that was supposed to be a compliment....cuz I don't think so. I know I have a round butt....but I don't think it's that big!

Speaking of butts. My legs and butt are pretty sore from doing that P90X leg workout with weights for most of it.

Lora,

JLo booty I would think is a good thing...like phat!!!! Not fat! Uh, who told you this, a guy or girl? It is the "in" thing and some women go thru extremes to get that kind of butt...butt implants, etc. Crazy, but true. LOL! I am working on a J Lo butt. I want one too!!!!

BTW, your welcome!!!

Charlotte~~

Good afternoon,
This morning I did CTX Step&Intervals w/u and cardio, 10,10,10 step only, then 1.5 mile run on the treadmill, I was soreespecially shoulders and chest, so did not do all of my planned workout. I did Muscle Max Lower only then all of the MM biceps and triceps then stretch. It was getting late and I did not do the lower twice as planned either.

Marcia, welcome to the checkin. It looks like you have some good cardio planned. Enjoy your time away.

Anne, it looks like you got some good poundages in. Way to go!

Lora, I remember really feeling my glutes and legs using weights for most of P90X legs. The puppy is doing so much better. SHe is on her regular food now and all seems to be going well:)

Debbie, that is great that you are getting the results that you wanted.

Charlotte, enjoy the new ab moves.

Hi to everyone else,
Diane Sue

Hey guys!!
Lora- yes I got the link, and yeah, he is cute! I really like them. I haven't heard all there stuff yet, but so far so good! Thanks for the eye candy!

Diane SUe- glad the pup is better!

Anne- way to go! Holy crap! I better get lifting to match you in weights!

Deb-I am so glad that this rotation is working for you since you had reservations about it!

Marcia-hey there! Awesome cardio! I have found that a real good cardio session does wonders for me! Helps to see the muscles!

Charlotte- i know you are gone by now, but have a great time! Sorry I missed you!

Well, no WO for me last night since COnnor needed me. But- I just did 2.5 miles on the TM, and really pushed it the last .5 mile. Then I did back, chest, and abs. I used the stability ball. I also did 10 good push-ups on my toes, then did the rest on the knees. I need work there.
I did bent over rows, lat pull overs, dumbell raises, chest flys, both ways, on bench and ball, and bench presses, then abs with the ball, and some planks.

I hope you all have a good night, and I will check in in the AM.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/152/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.