Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Sat 4-24

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I'm working early again today (then all nights next week). Did NOT want to get up ...but rolled out of bed at 4:30 am. I did 25" of Seasun's Straight Up Step and then I did 25" of yoga - PM Yoga segment. I only burned 225 calories!! Big Woop! My back is killing me.....and no amount of stretching or yoga helps! Frustrating.

On side notes (totally random thoughts) - Lancome's new Hypnose Drama mascara is pretty good.....my baby (cat) Brooklyn has really put on weight since her last testicle was removed (that's right, my little he/she hermaphrodite girl). I don't know what I'd do without my cats! My DH is still looking for a job.....and I'm still in this funk I can't get out of! I'm not motivated to work out at all. Just ordered some new exercise DVDs....and maybe that will help....HA!!! (oh and one more random thought. Have you ever learned something on FB that shocks you? I'm friends with a certain fitness instructor that I found out is in a same sex marriage and I would have never guessed it.

Today was a circuit workout and I did High Step Challenge. I feel like such a wimp with these workouts lately. My endurance just sucks. I haven't done this workout since 2005 though, and I know I'm just not use to going from cardio to weights right away. I did fairly well considering. Love this workout, though, it is one of my favorite circuit workouts.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 3 min. total
7 minutes below zone
17 minutes in zone
40 minutes above zone
497 calories burned

Love the calorie burn! :eek:

Had an appointment with the doctor for my mom's next hip surgery. Tentatively scheduled for June 10th. We think she might have had a mild stroke a couple Sunday's ago, she's going in this week for an MRI and to have her aertories checked. Once those results come back we can go ahead with her hip surgery. I'll be so glad when she's done, she is in so much pain right now. It's all I can do not to carry her around when I'm with her.

She also needs to get her eyes re-lasered. The catarac surgery she had last year seems to be failing. She has a film over her eyes. The doctor said the laser should fix it 100% and it shouldn't take but a few minutes to do. She has that scheduled for June but I'm going to call her doctor and see if we can get it done any earlier.

Please say a prayer for her. Everything seems to be hitting her all at once. I feel so bad for her.

I read all the posts from yesterday but don't have time for personals other then wanted to reply to Linda about my hip flexor.

Yes, I do remember you having problems with your knees doing Cardio Coach on your treadmill. I'm sure the treadmill has everything to do with my problem. I just don't want to run outside to do CC workouts. I have no hills around here so I have no clue how I would do that? Plus I'm not a big fan of having people watch me run. I don't run too gracefully and look stupid in the process. LOL! I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this, though. Obviously even after months of not doing CC's, one day on the treadmill and the pain came back. That is not a good sign. I'm sorry about your shoulder. Why are you moving your pool? Why not just leave it where it is so you don't have to do all that work?

Hope you all have a great weekend!! And great workouts everyone! We are all kicking butt!

Good morning -

It is soggy here today again. Yesterday I did Slow and Heavy shoulders and triceps. For shoulders I added on Amy’s Cuban Presses, ball front raise and rear flies. Triceps, I added press downs using a lat pull down with a towel around it. That was some shoulder workout :eek: . The Slow heavy portion was pretty thorough in itself. Today, biceps and HiiT (probably 30/30) and some extra stretching.

Diane Sue - I did a fair amount of 1RM testing for upper body. Something to do while waiting for STS and since I’d decided to do the 5 ½ mo rotation, I figured I’d go by the book. It gave me odd increments which was a hassle at first but it got me into the habit of pushing a little harder. Where I’d have picked up 15 lbs (for example) before, now I’m more likely to try 16 or 17 - just to see. I didn’t really test for legs but since I was using the program, I plugged in a guesstimate for squats and a couple other exercises based on weights I’d used in some of Cathe’s other workouts. That’s where I got my number for the squat rack program. I ended up going a little higher in reps than the program (10 the first week, then 9, then 8). I remember Cathe saying somewhere you could do that and then just shorten the rest period. I didn’t shorten the rest period though. Those weights felt pretty heavy to me and futzing with the vests in itself was kind of tiring. Also, I didn’t do the fourth week “test.” I hadn’t really been following the 5% method anyway (I just added about 8-10 pounds each week). Doing it this way (with the 2 vests etc), I was able to lift heavier than I had before. My weak links were definitely my low back and shoulders. My legs felt strong. I had to stop rep wise because my form was going. Kind of wondered if the risks offset any real benefits. So, the last week I did plyo legs and called it good. I do still use both vests sometimes just to throw in a couple heavy (for me) sets. Really though, based on the numbers I’ve seen you and other people on this site use, you could have done the same thing. The difference was I wasn’t struggling with a back fracture or some other injury and I was just goofy enough to be willing to wear all that stuff and try it :p .

Debbie - Great workout :D ! I will surely keep you and your mom in my prayers.

Linda - Hope your shoulder is feeling ok today.

Lora - :D - I liked your random thoughts. Wondered if I misread the sentence about your cat at first though- a hermaphrodite?!! "Funks" are tough. Glad you did something good for yourself. I am surprised you were able to find any DVD's you didn't have already ;) . Hope you have a good day.

Hi to everyone that follows -
Have a good Saturday!

Lori

I started on the treadmill 3.26 miles, getting my ownzone then going on with an interval run 42 minutes 318 calories Max HR was 168. I just don't get these calorie burns. I did a lot of 8mph sprints. Then I did liftkettlebells.com 20 minutes workout which was 23 minutes and burned 169 calories Max HR was 156, I followed with Tonique Squat track 15 minutes, 130 calories, Max HR 154 and stayed in my high heartrate end for 14:48 minutes, I finished with Tonique mat work and cooldown 23 minutes 130 calories(added 5# dumbbells over hips) Max HR was 156 which I am sure was the mountain climbers and jog in place.
Total workout time was 1 hour 44 minutes and calories burned was 748.
I used 15, 20, 25, and 35# kettlebells for the kettlebell workout.

Lori, I did some of the 1RM for STS but ended up going for a little heavier than my usual weights most of the time. It worked out for me and after the first week I pretty much had it down. These are great workouts:D

Debbie, sending prayers for your Mother. My Dad was admitted to the hospital last night. Apparently he forgot he was in his 80's and moved a palette of roof tiles by himself while running a fever. Silly man. I think I take after him:)

Lori - yes, you weren't around when I had issues with my cat. I purchased her as a female that was just spayed. She had an incision and everything. At about 1 year old, she started spraying. When we finally took her to the doc, he discovered a testicle! He was shocked, but he didn't do her spay...so he wondered how many ovaries were removed when she was a baby. Then, the DH & I were going thru a divorce (about 3 months later) and she started spraying again. I thought she had a "behavior" issue cuz of the divorce and had her on Valium (since she's hard to cage and didn't want to stress her out and take her in). Finally, when we had to find a solution to the problem (and the DH & I got back together) - we caged her and took her in to find ...........drumroll please....another testicle! He was dumbfounded! The rest is cat history..........which I'm sure she went down in! He said he's only seen this a few times in his 25 years of practice! She's a fine little he/she now!! Spoiled rotten, but getting to be a bit of a fatty girl!

Hi everyone...hope all is well with everyone. I finally managed to workout today. Just my third workout this week, although maybe 2.5 would be more accurate as one of my workouts wasn't much. Anyway, I did that upper body circuit with bootcamp cardio from 4DS that Debbie was talking about a bit ago. It was a fun workout. =)
Other than that...mostly school work today. blah.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.