Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat 4-10

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Had to get up at 4:00 am today....have to be at work early for store meeting. Only got 4 hours of sleep. Did Weight Loss Cardio Kick with Violet Zaki. Workout was 54" and burned 490 calories. Max HR was 153......not too bad. I actually liked this workout more today. It's easy to follow and you can put as much as you want into it. Violet's form is good when she kickboxes. Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning ~

I went ahead and did Circuit Blast last night. I will try to find some time to get in a leg workout today.

Lora - Yeow. Amazing workout, especially considering that you've gotta be pretty tanked out. Must be drawing off your bad a*! reserves. Hope your day goes well.

Linda - I saw your comment about the cutting room floor right before I got ready for bed last night. Giggling while brushing one's teeth is not so easy.

Diane Sue - Thank you for posting Harvey's picture. I'm a sucker for floppy ears. Hope you have a good day today!

Theresa - I hope the rest of your day went ok. Did you have a chance to get your workout in? It sounded so good. I agree about the bike comment. I wonder that tabata intervals on my trainer have helped with my stamina more than anything else. The bike on my trainer is an old ten speed -- the kind with the bighorn sheep-type handle bars you have to lean over to hold onto (I love that thing). It's "nice" because that already puts you in the doubled-over-gasping-for-breath-position from the get go :confused: Saves a step during intervals ;)

Have a great day to everyone!

Lori

I did get my workout in yesterday, despite my horrid mood. However, my montly dark passenger arrived this morning, so it explains quite a few things.

I did 3 rounds of 30 sec TRX-30 sec ropes gone wild. I managed about 10-12 reps per exercise. Total time was 31 min and I burned 501 calories. I quickly learned that a seperate shoulder move was not necessary and cut it down to 6 exercises

1.incline chest press
2.incline body weight row
3.incline tricep extension
4.incline bodyweight bicep curl
5.pistols/reverse lunges
6.trx ab wheel

Those RGW are crazy. My hr never got below 140 and it spiked to 172 on the rope part. I will do this workout again. :D

Lora-nice calorie burn. I saw that workout and was curious about it. So, it's worth it then?

Lori-You should check out the spinervals series-especially the sprinting machine one. My legs were screaming by the end. It's an interval type workout you can do on a spin bike or road bike on a trainer. Advancedworkouts.com sells them, but you may go to spinervals.com to check out clips. Good work on circuit blast yesterday, that is a killer :D

Did Cirucuit Blast today, ok the chocolate bunnies and eggs have got to go, they were calling my name today already, i put all the candy in bags and put them in my kids rooms, will this stop the calling to me? My kids are 15 and 18 so they forget about it but do I, NO, I will probably have to get rid of it all soon:) Have great workouts everyone and a great weekend.

I just wanted to drop in again and say "hello". I keep checking to see if Deb is going to post the "Get Ready For Summer 2010", but I suppose if I stop bugging her she might have time to do it! :p

Anyway, I just love reading all of the posts.

I did L&G and BM2 abs today along with a 60 min jog/run/hike with my two dogs, as well as laundry and housework. I feel like I ran a marathon and could definitely use a nap. I use the calorie counter on Spark People, but I'm not sure how accurate they are for calories burned. What does everyone here use to calculate?

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Cheryl

Cheryl-I use my hr monitor to calculate calories burned w/ workouts, and I use the keyoe software to calculate my calories in as well as macros. I could see how you feel like your ran a marathon, that was quite a workout :D

Roselyn-I can't even go there about how much candy I ate, but it was impressive in a bad way. I just get so excited about candy :eek: Also, how was the full Insanity rotation on your joints? I want to give it a go, but stuff has been poppin' and crackin' lately and I tend to get some weird leg muscle myalgia after certain workouts.

Theresa

Last edited:
No workout today. I did do 22 minutes with my Amazing Hoops yesterday evening while waiting for my granddaughters to arrive. Today was soccer, the bookstore so I could get a new workout log, panera bread(I had the new mediteranean salad which was pretty good) then to the nursury for top soil and plants. I have been working outside since. Just taking a quick break before I go pick up my grandsons to help work.

Okay my shoulder felt good yesterday & today until about 2 hours ago I helped my mom get up from sitting and now it aches.:(:( That's just crazy!!!:mad::mad:

Anyway, I did Hiit 40/20 this morning and that was enough!

Diane Sue - Sounds like a lovely, productive day :) . From the looks of them, I'd bet 20 + min. with the hoops could be pretty challenging. I'm thinking of the bigger one for core work especially. My yard needs a day like yours got today. That may not happen until next weekeknd.

Theresa - I'm glad you posted the details for yesterday's workout. I was really interested to see what it was like. Tough. The Ropes Gone Wild sound amazing! Where do you do them? Great job and hope you have a good weekend :) !!!

Roselyn - I've been curious about how your joints handled Insanity, too. I think in one of your posts you said your stamina went from good to "out of the ballpark (something like that)." At that point, I almost gave in and ordered it. Are you still including any of the workouts in what you're doing now?

Debbie - Thanks for posting the rotation. I will have to go look at it. Trying to pull my own together hasn't been very successful so far :(

Linda - Crap :mad: ! I'd be nutty frustrated. I'm so sorry. Hope it goes away again as quickly as it flared up.

Cheryl - I'll bet your legs are pooped! Quite a lot of (good) work. There's a premix on KPC and L & G that combines both of them which I really like. As for your question about calorie calculation, etc., I have a "difficult history (to make a very long story way short)" with numbers. I think several of the ladies on this check-in use heart rate monitors et al as really helpful tools in their workouts. It's just better for me not to. I don't even weigh myself. I do keep a loose food journal (usually), in part to track macro's - mostly to make sure I'm getting enough protein. I use the Workout Manager as well, but I think even SNM said their MET values aren't so accurate, so I try not to pay too much attention to those numbers either. Anyway, sorry I can't be of any help on this one. Hope your Saturday's going well :) .

As for me, I tried to get in my leg workout this morning. Not one of my better ideas. I was planning to use Power Hour as a starting point and I did get some squat work in (that's a darn long squat segment), but I kept getting "interrupted." And really, it wasn't DS's fault. He had a game coming up and I just should have waited. I'd get a little done and then, "Mooo- oom? I can't find my ... " -- Stuff like that. So I ended up having brief periods of leg work with very long "active recovery" segments involving finding the elusive cleat or shin guard :confused: DS is gone this evening and I'm trying to decide if I should just start all over again or do something else or ... I'm just not sure. Skyler the Beagle needs a long walk. I've missed the last two days :eek: . She has a bit of "Hardcore" in her and I swear she gets depressed if she doesn't get her walk (and no, there is not a chance I could be at all projecting :rolleyes: ). I probably should do that. I also really need to get more structured about studying.

Have a great evening.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.