Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Month of June

WD

Cathlete
No workout today. I may have to take a couple of extra days off this week. I will have to see how it goes. Just thought that I would get us started.

Good morning! Even though I'm taking this week off I wanted to tell you all that my dh and I did the Relay for Life Saturday from midnight to 2 a.m. (Sunday morning). We walked a distance of 6 miles in 2 hours. I am so sore! It was fun, though!

Hope you all have a great week!

Today I did P90X Cold Start and Eccentric Lower body, 44 minutes, 173 calories. I then did Amy Bento's Body Box, First combo and strength segments and part of the second, 23 minutes, 135 calories( I stopped because my youngest granddaughter and her dog came in and there was just not enough space without chancing stepping on or kicking someone) So, I went on and did Kelly Coffey's Trim Down no warm up both workouts, 53 minutes, 391 calories.. Total time was 2 hours and calories, 699.

This morning I did Pedal Power on the spin bike, 58 minutes, 556 calories. I then did P90X3 yoga, 30 minutes, 115 calories. Total time 88 minutes, calories 671.

This morning I did 50 minutes on the Tread Climber, 514 calories. I then finished off with Great Glutes Timesaver 3, no stability ball, 49 minutes, 300 calories. Total time was 99 minutes, calories burned 814.

Today I did Cathe's Cycle Max. I have not done that one much. A lot more hill climbs on it. Good workout though. It was 58 minutes and calories burned,531. I then did Brook Benton Kettlebell Butts and Guts Express Abs, 8 min., 34 calories. I finished with Cathe's Burn Sets biceps, triceps, and core 1, no warm up, 45 minutes, 219 calories. Workout was 1 hr 51 minutes and calories burned, 784. Maybe tomorrow I can get in P99X3 Pilates or something . I need one that does not require space.

Today I did P90X3 Triometrics for the first time. Not the impact in this that I had expected, 34 minutes, 229 calories. I then did Cathe's X train burn sets chest and back, 36 minutes, 192 calories and finished off with Amy's Step Challenge 3 abs 1, 14 min. 74 calories. Total time 84 minutes and calories burned 495.

Hi everyone! I'm back at it this week. Had a great rest week and I see you all were kicking butt with your workouts! Way to go!!!

I'm following the 90 day Xtrain/Low Impact Rotation that is in the Xtrain book. If there is a cardio workout I don't want to do I'll just do a Cardio Coach workout. I don't think I have many of the Low Impact cardio workouts. Should be fun!

Today I did Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders and had a great workout. I went up in weight again on most of the exercises. Feeling great!!!

This is what I did:

CHEST
Dumbbell Chest Press - 30's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Dumbbell Chest Fly - 20's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Chest Press - 30's - 1 set 10 reps; 1 set 8 reps; 3rd set I droped to 25's and did 10 reps
Pushups - 16 reps

BACK
One Arm Row - 30# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 10 reps
Double Arm Row - 20's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 11 reps
Rear Delt Fly - 12's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Supermans - Skipped

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Overhead Press - 12's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 10 reps
Single Arm Lateral Raise - 8# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 10 reps
Single Arm Rear Delt Raise - 8# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Scarecrows - 3# - 12 reps

Again, had a great workout. I really felt all of this and will definitely feel it tomorrow!! Almost a puke status workout!

Have a great day everyone! I really wish it would get warmer here. It was raining and cold yesterday and today it's only supposed to be 70 degrees. WTH? It's June 9th! Give me some 80's!!!!

I discovered that we missed the mail Saturday and my Kelly Coffey dvds had arrived :D I previewed last night. Today I did Kelly Coffey 30 Minutes to Fitness Muscle Up Full Body Mix which included the bonus abs, 67 minutes, 418 calories. I lifted a little heavier than Kelly did. I then did Party Rockin Step premix 34 minutes, 204 calories. Total time was 1 hr 41 minutes, calories burned 622. I liked this Kelly workout. They were the usual gym style moves and done in Super Sets. The first pair of exercises was done 3 sets then the rest were all done two sets. Most were done as 8 reps. There were a few body weight moves done 16 reps.. The bonus abs were done tabata style. of 4 rounds each move.
Muscle Up has lots of premixes. You can split body parts. There is two shorter superset mixes, a full body 1 set each. One that everything is done two times full body but skips the bonus abs.
I previewed Home Gym Intervals, it looks like decent lengths of cardio on cardio equipment (they use treadmills, elliptical, and spin bike) Followed by compound moves on the floor with weights. It has an add on ab segment that looks like it is pretty active and a lot of it is standing. I will probably wait till Wednesday to try that one. It does have premixes so you can do shorter workouts, combined workouts, and weights only.

Debbie, good to have you back and see that you are enjoying your workouts. :D It was chilly here this morning. It has been raining but generally warms up. I am hoping for warmer weather so I can use the spin bike or elliptical out on the patio when I do Home Gym Intervals.

Roselyn, nice workout combo :)

Last edited:
Today I did Cardio Coach #1 and had a great workout. I almost didn't get up, my alarm clock kept going off and I'm thinking, "Why is my alarm clock going off already?" LOL! I felt like I just laid down and then here it was 4:30 in the morning already.

I'm going to rethink the rotation I'm doing. I may just follow the 90 Day one with only Xtrain workouts in it. I remembered that I don't really care for the leg workout or upper body workout for that matter of Low Impact. We'll see. Heck, maybe I'll just make my own rotation. :)

Workout was 37 minutes total, ran 2.25 miles and burned about 335 calories.

Today I did Cathe's Knock out Rock out cardio kickbox and drills?? Then I did P90X3 MMX. I also did the waistline workout from Kelly's Home Gym Intervals which was sort of standing punching, bob and weave moves and plank work with some standing crunches. I finished with ZCut Yoga warrior and cool down segments. Total time was a little over 80 minutes and calories around 595

I had such a hard time getting up this morning - again! I felt like I was drugged. Weird. I don't know why I get like that sometimes. Anyways, I did Low Impact Lower Body Trisets and had an ok workout. I don't care for this workout much and it hurts my knee. Most of these types of workouts hurt my knee. I did what I could.

Triset #1
Wall Squats - 12's/16 reps
Lunges w/Cups - 16 reps/Didn't use cups because I can't go down that far
Side Leaning Lunges w/Cups - 16 reps/No cups because I can't go down that far
REPEAT

Triset #2
Step Up w/Lunges - 12's/12 reps
Elevated Lunges w/Cups - 16 reps/Didn't use cups because I can't go down that far
Dumbbell Squats - 15's/16 reps
REPEAT

Triset #3
Deadlifts - 20's/16 reps
One Legged Squats - 16 reps/These really hurt my knee :(
Stability Ball Roll-Ins - Skipped
REPEAT

So as you can see, I can't really do this workout too effectively. It's weird because I can do squats and static lunges with no pain. Why the moving lunges, etc. hurt is beyond me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.