Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Nov 6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Barry's Bootcamp Total Body workout. This is basically a 45 minute total body workout that uses body weight only. It is lots and lots of pushups, mountain climbers in with elbows down in plank position, burpees, tricep dips, plyo lunges, squats, squats with knee up, toe tapping off of high box, arm circles, football running, jumping jacks, planks, planks with variations, glute leg raises and more abs. The last ab segment you do lying on the bench with your legs extended out in front of you and you write the alphabet with your feet. This was killer, as well as several of the other moves.

I modified a few sets of the pushups and did chest presses, but between all of the mountain climbers, planks and pushups, I'm afraid to know what my shoulders are going to feel like this week! I added 3 sets of biceps curls in between exercises since I had to modify some of the pushups. I also added weight to the squats and put ankle weights on for the glute work. I started using a weight for abs, but dropped it towards the end......sort of sorry I used any weights!! LOL

I really like Barry and I wish he would have actually led all of these workouts, instead of just the two. He moved right thru the exercises and he works you hard. He's relentless and I really enjoy working out with him. There was no cardio on this DVD and I only burned 265 calories. It took me about 58 minutes to complete this with putting my equipment away.

Have great workouts. Yuk....Monday...my least favorite day of the week, but hopefully (fingers crossed), my BPAL Yule order will be here today. I got a C&S on Friday. I can't wait to smell Snow Maiden and 13. I hope I like them as much as I think I will.

Good Morning hero's!

Yesterday I worked chest. I feel it this morning. I ate like a hog. I need to calm it down a bit. I couldn't stay out of the cheetos that I got for my CHILDREN.

Going to the dentist here in a few. It is 1 1/2 hours away so gotta leave extra early.

Lora,

I ordered samples of perfumes on the 14th of October. I still have not got a C&S yet. DD got these for my birthday which is the 11th so I hope I get them soon. I will try out the yoga on tv later today. It comes on again around noonish.

I ordered the long sleeve shirt last night plus bitter moon and purple phoenix perfumes.

Charlotte~~

Morning guys.

Charlotte- good luck at the dentist. Just wanted to say that I hated Yoga the first couple times I did it. But I love it now. I can imagine how tight your body gets lifting the weight you do, so hopefully you like yoga and it works for you, because it I think it feels great, and I am no where near as experienced as Lora. Anyway, I hope you lke it. I also enjoy the Namaste yoga on TV too. Relaxing.

Lora- I feel worked out just reading your post LOL! SOunds like a real burner. Hope your day isn't so bad.

Well, I am planning on HSTA today. Not sure when, but sometime. BBL.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Morning maniacs,
Lora, sounds like an awesome w/o .I do hate mountain climbers..
Hope the boos took a zanex today.

Char, i would look like blimpo marx, i am tellin ya.
And look how skinny you are.

Meghan i like that w/o , i like HSC better.
Well, i am feeling some more butt doms today. Good feeling. Nothing like the 1st day of B&G.
Gonna do Body max tonite and skip the upper/lower body , just do the cardio...Give the muscles a little rest to recoup.
I can't believe all the player problems on the new dvd's.
Thank god i didn't have any.I'd a had to have bought a new one.
Check in later.
Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Worked legs today. Was going to do the floor work from Pyramid Lower Body but my legs were rubber by the time I got done with my own stuff. This is what I did:

Plie Squats: 85#/12 reps, 95#/2 sets 12 reps
Alternate Front Lunges: 40#/3 sets 12 reps each leg
Squats: 100#/3 sets 10 reps
Leg Extensions: 70#/10 reps, 60#/2 sets 12 reps
Hamstring curls: 40#/3 sets 12 reps (with these last two exercises I did the negatives at 8 count. Burner for sure!)
Low End Plies: 40#/3 sets of 4 sets of 8 quick reps

Workout was 59 minutes, was in my zone for 23 minutes and I burned 209 calories.

Have great workouts everyone!

Good morning ladies
Today i'm doing Muscle Endurance. Its going to be hard cause yesterday i did legs at the gym and i'm sore! I should be getting my new cathe videos today i'm so excited! Take care everyone
RAndi

Morning Maniacs! I have Plyo X and some other form of cardio for today. Not sure what to do. I only have this week and the next week and then it's my recovery week. These 90 days are going by fast. I'm scared as what to do next. I don't want to lose my results from P90X. I might do Cathe's Nov. rotation to break in the new workouts.

Later...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good morning!

This morning I was going to do the Gauntlet but Gizmo had a rough night and kept me up. He eats so much crap in the backyard - grass, wood chips, dirt - and it upsets his tummy. I try to watch him when he goes outside, but I don't watch him every minute. Anyway, I was too tired to do a tough workout so I decided to come to work early and leave early and I'll work out when I get home. Now I have all day to decide whether or not to do the Gauntlet. Has anyone here done it? What do you think? I was just looking for something different and challenging. My new Cathe's should arrive tomorrow. Yipeee!!!

Some of you may remember our shelter had a very bad case of canine influenza about 6 or so months ago and ended up euthanizing most of the dogs they had. Well...I just found out they have another bad case of kennel cough (and someone just called me and told me it was influenza, but that may just be a rumor, as last I heard they were waiting for blood test results and wouldn't have those until Thursday). So we have to move all of our dog training classes once again for classes starting tonight. Sure keeps us hopping in our office. Hopefully they will get all of the Shelter dogs taken care of before they get too sick. They just received a 1.5 million dollar donation from an estate last week. What timing!

Anyway, busy day! I hope you all have a great day.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz- I can't really remember the Guantlet but I do remember it was fun. Its been a while since I've done it. Its a tough workout.

Sorry to hear about the kennel. Thats horrible!

Wow Randi! Both of them? That's my kind of WO!!

Suz- I like the Gauntlet, but I think the Viper is my favorite on that one. Have fun, and sorry about the kennel. i hope it gets cleared up soon. That must be fun to work with animals all day.

I am babysitting today, and the baby is quite fussy, so I think my WO will have to wait till tonight. That's alright. I am anxious to do this WO, so it may be better when DH is here to intercept any interruptions from the kiddies LOL!!

Glad to see you back to yourself ANne!

Great WO Deb! I still have glute and hamstring DOMS from L&G!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Great workout Randi! Damn, two cardio's. Kicking butt!

Meaghan - Wow, you're still sore from L&G!? Last week when I did the calf raises from GS Legs they were sore for over a week. I couldn't believe it. That workout always makes my calves sore. I think my glutes and hamstrings will be sore tomorrow. Hope not too bad, I have to do the treadmill.

Just letting you ladies know, that I ordered P90X and in a few months my goal is to be on this thread as an active Hardcore Fitness Maniac, and will have the body to prove it. Watch out girls, I'll be here in the last part of February. Wish me luck!

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Meg - I wish I worked with animals all day. I work at a college but we offer dog training classes through our program and they are held at our local Shelter b/c we just don't have an appropriate spot for them (non-carpeted room that someone might be kind enough to let us use). Our classes are never popular with folks on campus - we have kids and animals and everything in between. My program is like the red-headed step child of the college. It's the non-credit program and I call it all of the "fun" stuff on campus. Many beg to differ. :)

So the Viper, huh? Maybe I should try that one instead? I'll take a look at it.

Janie - you should just start checking in now for the motivation factor. I don't check in that much due to my lack of time, but they are a great motivating bunch of gals!!!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

ood afternoon,
Today I did Low Impact Circuit Premix lower circuit( I used a 45# barbell and a pair of 10# dumbbells), then I did TLT Better Buns Better Burn with a 5# ball( I think next time I will go heavier) I omitted the w/up and stretch then went on to do the power circuit segment of Body Max2 and the stretch. I have my grandson here today as he was not feeling well. Have some clean up to do as all of the puppy trips with Mudd and Puddle outside is tracking wet leaves and grass in:)

Dallys, I know I felt a little lost after I finished the full 90 days of P90X. It took a little while for me to get back into planning my own rotations.

Janie, welcome to the checkin. Like Suz says you can start now.

Anne, I have not had any troubles with my dvd's either. I have put them in two of my players here. I should check them in the other 3.

Charlotte, and hour and a half to go to the dentist. That is a long drive. I would hate to have some major dental work and have to drive that distance back home.

Suz, that is to bad about the shelter. I hope they get it straightened out. Mudd picks up all kinds of bits of acorns and twigs out of the yard and brings them in the house. I know these one pod things that fall off the tree we call the poky balls get chewed on. The vet said they will make the dogs sick to the stomach. I hope you get more rest tonight. Our new Dane puppy was whining from about 3 am off and on till I got up just before 6. Fortunately Mudd is sleeping ok. It was Puddle's first night though. We now have the work of two puppies. 7 weeks and 11 weeks. It is like dealing with two babies. Gauntlet is tougher cardio wise than the Viper to me. Viper is more upper body focused. Both are great. Gauntlet pulls in those squat thrust terminators:)

Got to go clean.
Hi to everyone
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I GOT MY VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so EXCITED!
But I chose BM2 and Cardio fusion my mom is giving me the rest for xmas.
I previewed them already and and I cant wait to do BM2 tomorrow!
Randi

Diane Sue - I missed it - you got another new puppy? How fun!!! Oh, I bet you're tired though. :) Puppies sure wear me out. And I can't imagine two. But they're double the cuteness too. Are you going to post pics? Congratulations!!! I bet the grandkids are over the moon. And I love the names - Mudd and Puddle. Awwww....

Oh gosh - now I'm really confused. I HATE squat thrust terminators! I guess if I hate them they must be tough which means they must work. Decisions, decisions.

Suz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.