Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday March 3

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Barry's Bootcamp Fat Blaster Upper, Mission Lower, Mission Upper and Mission Abs. Workout was 70" and I burned 438 calories. Most of the leg work is unweighted....but I might add weights next time.

Toasty - when you go to the store to look at Kettlebell's - you should have read how to do a KB swing and practice a few swings in the store with the KB. When I first tried them, I felt it in my lower back....but you get used to the movement fast. I really liked the DVD I did the other day - The Extreme Kettlebell Cardio workout with Keith Weber that I got from www.dragondoor.com. You can check out KB info on that site and on Punch Gym's site www.artofstrength.com. He even has some clips of KB exercises on his site. His DVDs are good too on Art of Strength, but they are $50 each and the first one I told you about is only $30. That link I gave you other day is good for instructional purposes also.

Lisa - I didn't expect you to pay for that download.....and I'm sorry if you thought that. I was just wondering if they showed a little clip of it on the site....since my computer doesn't have the capability to play clips, etc. I felt famished all weekend.....so maybe it was from the KB workout? I didn't really even go heavy...just a bit heavier than the first few times. I only used my 20 & 25 lber. How heavy do you go when you say "heavy"? How heavy are you going with swings and leg exercises, pushes, etc. I'm curious. I know I'm not as strong as you! I got a dark chocolate and caramel egg, dark chocolate raspberry cream heart, a chocolate covered cherry and a marshmallow cup from the chocolate store. I figured the dark chocolate was better for me ...LOL!

Deb - did you ever get that Prodigal Son song downloaded by SevenDust? How about 10 Ton Brick by Hurt? Did you ever download that one? I still like that song.

Diane Sue - glad to hear your tumor was not serious. I guess Kelly Coffey Meyer put a clip of her new DVD up. The new Amy's should be here soon. I can't wait!

Hi to everyone else.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is biking. Just gonna do 18 miles.

Thanks so much Lisa and Lora on the KB information..that way I will have a better ideas on everything I need. I just ordered some vitamins. I ran out. I think I have a package coming every day this week. lol. Tomorrow is massage day. I won't be cooking either.

Well I gotta get my happy ass going. Hope the wind behaves.

BTW, Sandy, I am proud of you! You are doing sooooo good with your workouts. Just getting up there girl in a hurry!!!!!!!!!!! GOSH!

Bionics, WISH I COULD BIKE WITH YOU GIRL!!!

Have fun everyone!

Today's my rest day, thankfully. I'm so tired and sore today. Haven't been sleeping as well again.

Lora- I did not see any clips on the website. It said for me to view the link, I have to pay 40 bucks. That's why I said what I said yesterday. BELIEVE ME, I'd LOVE to pay for all these. I'd love to get AOS dvds but for some reason, it's 50 bucks each. Maybe for my birthday soon. I'm not as strong with KB as you think I am. Both gyms I work out at has two different style of KB. One gym I go to has all iron KB. You know those ugly black/copper ones? The other gym I go to where I train with others, they have colored KB. The colored ones from Power Systems, I can go up to 35 or 40 depending on the move. The iron/copper ones, I can only go up to 25 lbs. The iron ones feel much heavier and the handles are much thicker than the colored ones. I don't know why some brands are heavier than others. If you're eating dark chocolate, look at it as healthy snack. Truth to be told, I eat a piece or two of dark chocolate everyday. You know, if we were close together, we could do a hard workout, smell BPALs and watch SAW movies. You can make fun of me for freaking out over that weirdo in a wheelchair. LOL

Toasty- Have a great workout today! How long does it take for you to do 18 miles? Excited about tomorrow?

Sandy- I don't know what type of a body you have. What I can suggest is for you to eat moderate carb. with one high carb day once or twice a week. Another thing you could do is eat "fat burning" type of veggies and fruits. Asparagus has natural fat burners in it, almonds, lamb, grass fed beef, grapefruits, etc. One thing I have been doing that has been working quite well as far as getting rid of fluids is BelovedHeather's conconation of lemon, 100% cranberry juice and a cup of water. What do you do for cardio and do you have any joint problems or asthma problems?

Everyone else, have a great day and workouts!

Lisa

This morning I got up extra early and did 4Day Split Double cardio premix, then I did Biceps and Triceps. I may do some other upper 4DS if I have time. I have plumbers coming to the house sometime this morning. They already called. They have to hunt down a slab leak:( I took my granddaughters to school this morning and did a quick run to the store. It is spitting snow mixed with rain this morning. Wish it would stay warm. My flowers are blooming. I want to work outside.

Lisa, thanks. My head is healing up nicely. Should get the stitches out in the next day or so. I just have a little yellow from the bruising around my eye left. Glad it is clearing up.

Sandy, I think grandchildren are so much fun. I always enjoy when they come to stay and we play games and make things:) My grandson was playing like he was a vampire bat the whole time and kept saying he was going to stay up all night but would fall asleep on the couch LOL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs,

Today was week 7 of full body. Lucky for me I did not know what my workout was this morning until I arrived in the basement to start. I had failed to print it out ahead of time. Anyway, when I saw it was three sets of 18 reps, I just groaned. I hate high rep work and I thought 2 sets of 18 reps the past two weeks was bad enough, now I had to do 3! So fortunately I did have time to build up that whole DREAD factor. So this is how it went with a 1:30 rest (ooops1 just realized that was suppose to be 2 minutes, no wonder I am tired)

Chest
Weighted Push Ups
18/18/16 - 5#
Back
Barbell Rows
18/18/18 - 70#
(this is the first time I did pushups with weight, so I am proud of myself for what I did, also used my PP handles without the turn. I also think I may have done more in the first set because DH started talking to me and I lost count)

Shoulders
Lateral Raise
18/18/18 - 15's
Quads
Squats
18/18/18 - 80# (went to parallel with these and right quad started to spasm after second set, and kept it up thru rest of workout, had to keep stretching, quads are sore right now!)

Biceps
EZ Barbell Curls
18/18/18 - 41# (again these are suppose to be preachers, but again no bench)
Triceps
Overhead Extensions
18/18/18 - 30#

Then I did PH abs.

That's it for now, have to go clean my house! Have a great day!

Linda

Didn't feel much like working out this morning but I did it anyways. Once I got started I felt much better. Funny how that works. 2 sets/18 reps - HATE high rep workouts!

2 minutes rest between each superset

[font color=indigo]CHEST/BACK[/font]
Decline Dumbbell Press:
37's - 18/18 (up 2#)
superset w/
One Arm Rows w/Palms facing back:
30's - 18/18
[font color=blue]***Didn't go up with the one arm rows. I was fried after the decline's.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS/QUADS[/font]
Bent Over Lateral Raise:
22's - 18/18
superset w/
Leg Extensions:
85# - 18/18 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Could have gone higher with the leg extensions. I'm just worried about the knee. It's been feeling good since I started stretching it out. Lateral raises were a challenge.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS/TRICEPS[/font]
EZ Curls:
47# - 18/18 (up 2#)
superset w/
Dumbbell Overhead Extensions:
37# - 18/18 (up 2#)
[font color=blue]***This superset killed me. The bicep work was HARD! And it was all I could do to lift the dumbbell up to do the tricep work. Arms were pumped, that's for sure![/font]

That is all....

Lora - No, I haven't been able to download Prodigal Son yet. Kind of pissing me off. And the stuff I am downloading from the site I belong to, half the stuff won't play on my MP4 player. I'll check it out again and try to download the one from Hurt. Thanks!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Turkey meatloaf; 2 tbsp. walnuts
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. flaxseed
M6: Chicken Stacks; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Protein pancakes w/ 2 tbps. power pb

[font color=blue]1657.5 calories
47 g. fat - 26%
176 g. protein - 43%
136 g. carbs - 33%
[/font]

Not enough calories. I have a few new recipes I wanted to try and the calories/carbs are wacking me off. I'm going to try the Chicken Stacks today (from Tosca's cookbook) but I'm not sure I'll like it. We'll see. Not sure what to add to my menu today to bring up to 1700 calories without messing with the carb intake.

Linda - Nice workout this morning! Isn't it amazing how quickly your strength improves with this rotation? If you are liking it, I suggest you do it again. I'd take about 4 days to a week off and then start again. I'll send you the chart I'm following this time if you want. I like it better then the weeks you are doing. Let me know.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Back from bike ride. Wind showed no mercy. Had to pedal downhill as well. My legs are extra fried. Happy about that now that I am home. Switched routes. Was gonna go back same way I came, but dogs came out that way and didn't want to deal with them way back so I think I ended up doing about 20 miles. Didn't bring enough water. That made it harder as well. Now I am gonna go treat myself to a royal bath with my refined soaps and perfumes! lol

Thanks Debbie. Yeah, the wind seems to be getting worse now. One part of the ride was nuts..had to put bike in first gear just to peddle along a slight incline. I think it made the ride longer. I could not go fast this time...too much force.

You are really doing so good with your workouts. The weight increase is extraodinary, and that is not even a good enough word to use, but you are just really doing amazing and inspiring the hell out of me.

Now thinking of using Kettle Bells so maybe I can catch up with you in some areas. lol.

Debbie - Thanks! You had a great workout to I see, but then again you always do. Yes I am amazed by the progress I've made. I was scared to death to try the weighted pushups thinking I'd never make it. Well, I sure surprised myself. Oh and I am definitely looking forward to doing this again, so bring it on, send those charts whenever.

Linda

I had some more time before the plumbers came so I did the rest of the upper body 4 day split workouts. They just left for a little bit and are coming back when something dries out. Still nothing fixed:( I was glad when they left for a bit because I was really hungry. They came when I was opening a can of tuna so I shoved it in the refrigerator. I did have my baked apple, protein powder this morning. Not enough though.

Debbie, how do you like Tosca's cookbook. Have you made many recipes yet??

Lora, I didn't order Kelly Coffey's new workouts. I wasn't sure how I would like them since they are weight workouts. I am really looking forward to Amy's and Tracey's Kickbox ones:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

http://kiw.imgag.com/imgag/product/thumbs/3125744a.gif"

http://kiw.imgag.com/imgag/product/thumbs/3132828a.gif

This is gonna be me if i don't get back to it.

I am allowed to wean back into cardio and slowly in the weights for the next 4 weeks. So..
I am not gonna look like the guy in the pic.I will have to go on the biggest looser..LOL..
Actually i lost a few # whether it be muscle or fat, who knows..
But the scale moved..

Hopefully i won't be working 10 hour days every day and can get back in the groove..
Can't believe the weather. It waas like 73 in DC.. OMG the snow was gone when i got home. Wednesday back to 30.. WTF..
I am so ready for spring..

Well, be back in touch now that i will have something to post..
Gonna start up with cardio and some legs with no weight for now and see how she flows back in..

Take care all.
Missed ya all.
MAybe i will be ready for CTS when it is ready..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.