Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday July 2

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Jillian Michael's Maximize - Full Frontal and repeated it a second time - since it's only 30 minutes long alone. Workout was just over an hour and I burned 312 calories. She moves so quickly in this one and does a lot of compound moves. It's harder to lift as heavy as I was lifting with these....thus the reason I like the other DVDs better. I will do the Backside workout from this set next workout and then I think I'll try a circuit from the book.

Have a great workout or rest day. It's cleaning day for me - so I better get ready to clean.

Randi - I'm doing Jilllian Michaels's rotations from her book and DVDs. NOt sure how long I'm going to stick with it.

Had a great Pull workout this morning. Hit all my goals so I'm very happy with that. 2 minutes rest between each set except for when I got to shrugs, I did 1 minute rest.

Back
Deadlifts: 65# - 3 sets/6 reps (same as last week)
Bent Over BB Rows: 75# - 3 sets/8 reps (same, should have gone higher but my low back was tight)
One-Arm Rows: 40# - 3 sets/10 reps (first goal, last week was 10/9/8 reps)

Biceps
Chins w/legs out front: 12/10/9 !! (second goal, last week was 10/8/6)
Dumbbell Curls: 25's - 3 sets/10 reps (third goal, last week was 10/9/8 reps)

Traps
Barbell Shrugs: 110# - 3 sets/10 reps (same)
Dumbbell Shrugs: 45's - 3 sets/15 reps (up from 12 reps)

No broken blood vessels this time but the circulation in my left hand is almost non-existent. My left hand was numb and tingly alll day yesterday, it seems better today. (I have Reynauld's disease but it seems to be getting worse.) Not sure if this is the cause of the broken blood vessels. I don't think it is.

Have a great workout everyone!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Chest/Back today with ab ripperx. Hopefully this week will give me more time. :p :-(

Debbie,

I can see where you have dropped some weight. You got some nice muscles in your leg area just like top area. Compliments you very well. Your ab area looks like you went down a few inches around sides.

I lost some definition in my upperback. I know I will get it back after doing P90X. My legs do look better from bike rides and such, but not like Suz's and I don't have as much muscle there as you Deb.

Charlotte~~

Good Morning
I think this week i'm goin to stick with what i've been doing the month of June
Day 1: Circuit
Day 2: HITT(IMAX's)
Day 3: Total Body
Day 4: Cardio
Day 5: Circuit
Day 6: Cardio
Then next week cut back on cardio and start doing gym style workouts:)
Sunday I did LIC
This morning I did Imax 3:)

Added new pictures they were taken in May of this year:)
Randi

Morning Maniacs! Had a great weekend. Ended up not taking the bikes.:( I did do the 5k with my daughter though. The parade was hilarious. The first prize went to the WEINERS Float. My moms weiner dog and my little nephew road on it with all the towns other wiener dogs. LOL!

debbie- WoW! Your pictures look GRREAT! I'm glad you made your goal. I bet you are feeling good about that! You have some great muscle size going on.

Randi- Your pictures also are GREAT! I can really see some good muscle in your arms and shoulders. Plus, you have fantastic hair!;)

Char- Is your son still doing P90X with you? You are right that it will give you back your definition in your back. Nothing works better for the back than P90X. I'm keeping your FIL in my thoughts. What a scary thing for you all.

Lora- Can't wait to hear how you like Jillians circuits from the book.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good morning!

This morning I just did an easy ride on the bike. I forgot to mention that on my Saturday ride my DH KILLED ME! He's such an awesome cyclist (and runner) and he gave me such a great workout. Anyway today I needed an easy spin and I wasn't paying attention when I got to the Rottweiler house (I mean, I always look briefly but didn't see them) and then lo and behold I looked down and there was this HUGE Rottie running on the OUTSIDE - roadside - right next to my bike! Scared the crap out of me. He was kind of grumbling at me, not barking, trying to "run me off" I guess. He even got ahead of me (I told you I was going for an easy ride), but didn't cross in front of me THANK GOODNESS! I kept going faster and he finally gave up. I looked toward his house and here came ANOTHER Rottie and another dog. Yikes! Luckily they stopped. I've had Rotties and so am not any more afraid of them than any other dog chasing me (well, except for maybe a toy Poodle) thank goodness, but you just never know if a dog is going to bite you. But the fact that the dog was right next to me and had not bitten me was a good sign. I wish people would watch their dogs. And there are A LOT of cyclists who ride way out there.

Randi - Awesome definition in your arms! And you do have beautiful hair!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

DH just called and told me he just ordered me a brand new $3,000+ road bike from our bike shop! We were talking about it over the weekend and he has been wanting to get me a new bike for a couple of years but I keep wanting him to get one first. He said that I ride a lot more than he does and I have 3,500 miles on my bike now and I deserve a new one. He had called me with a couple of questions - if you could have this or this, what would you prefer? But I thought he was just looking at what was available for our "future" purchase. Then he called back after he left and said "Your new bike should be here at the end of the week or the beginning of next week."

Wow! What an awesome DH I have. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

I just finished my chest/back workout. Not so good today on pushups. Aunt Flo must be coming soon. I don't want to post what I did. Sad. I did my best though..just so tired today, but ate plenty of food and got enough sleep..I have finially gotten caught up on the sleep.

Tomorrow gonna try out the new elliptical. Got the X3 and gonna work legs really good. Dh just got finished and burned 600 calories. He looks like someone threw him in the pool. lol.

Suz,

I hate when people let their dogs roam around like that. It is very nerve-wracking to just suddenly have something jump out at you and then chase you. Bring mace. I do.

Dallys - It's a Specialized Tarmac Pro Compact. The big debate was whether or not I wanted a triple. DH is not big on granny gears (me either) and said that I should be able to do everything with a compact crank that I could do with granny gears. I haven't had a bike with granny gears in a looooong time b/c I refused to use them before (except for my mtn. bike of course) and I really didn't want to get one. But I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to do any monster mountain climbs if I ever wanted to b/c then I'd need them. But our friend at the bike shop (big time cyclist) and my DH agreed that I could do everything with the compact crank that I could do with the triple. So the decision was made.

Char - You've had so much going on that I'm sure your body is just pooped out! I used to carry pepper spray when I ran. I might have to start again. I wonder if I'm coordinated enough to handle all of that! :p

Suz

Char - Thanks for the comments on my pics! I am very happy with where I am right now. Need to lose about 1% more body fat and get my lower abs to show a bit. Then I'll be really happy.

Randi, you are so beautiful. Nice muscles in your arms, they are very noticable. Great job!

Dallys - Thank you so much!! Great going with the 5K!

Suz - Rotts are very intimidating dogs. I use to have a couple and loved them. The female use to jump out our front window (broke the glass and all) because she heard noises outside. We replaced that window twice. I'm glad they stopped chasing you. Awesome on the new bike! Woo Hoo!! I bet you are excited. We need to see pics when you get it.

Char - Its understandable that your workouts are suffering. You have been through a lot lately. Just give yourself time, you'll be back at it again!!

I am finally able to check in. I did get in my workout this morning but have been running all over trying to get things done up here before we leave. My son called from the campgrounds and our Mudd puppy is having tummy troubles. We weren't leaving here till Wednesday. I needed to go to the vets office for antibiotic for our other dog as she is digging her mosquito bites and they are getting infected. We switched our flea and tick medicine to a stronger one. Got food and medicine for Mudd. I hope this is not an example of what our camping is going to be like:0 Today I did Criss Cross Cardio doing through the capoiera leg drills, then I did Kimberly Spreen Cardio Camp premix Kick Box no w/up or stretch, I finished with Pyramid lower no w/up. I used to carry these to 70# and 75# for most exercises. Just didn't really have it in me after the kickboxing.
Leg press- 30#, 40#, 50#, 40#, 30#
static lunges 50#,50#, 65#,50#,50#
squats/plies 50#, 65#, 70#,65#,50#
deadlifts 50#,50#,65#,50#,40#
Calf raises I held one 35# dumbbell
floorwork stability ball I wore 5# ankle weights and on the hip raises lying on the ball I placed 15# dumbbells over my hip area.

Suz, I bet you are going to enjoy that new bike:)How sweet of your dh.

Charlotte, have fun with the new elliptical trainer.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Thank you very much for the complements ladies:)!!
That means alot!
Thanks to you Debbie for doing awesome rotation of done alot of them!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.