Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Monday August 21

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Core Secrets Arms, Legs and Everything In Between followed by about 15 minutes of Gliding Aerobics. I used my 6-8 pound med ball for the ab work. I listened to my own music but left the TV loud enough where I could hear what Gunnar was saying (somewhat) so I could follow.

This was a functional fitness workout. I thought it was the one where they do jump rope intervals, but it wasn't. Next time I do it, I may pause the tape and add my own cardio intervals. The Core Secrets are a lot tougher if you do them back to back or as an add on to another workout. I've found the key to making these more challenging is to make sure you have heavy enough dumbbells, as he doesn't do too many reps, so you need to go heavy enough to fatigue the muscles. The Gliding aerobics didn't get my heartrate up very much...but I didn't do it very long either.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to check in from work later if I can.

Diana Sue - Where did you purchase your 10 pound med ball? I need one and I need to try to find one for relatively cheap.

This morning starts my 4th week of full body training. I'm liking the program but really miss working one or two body parts a day. This is an 8 week program so I'll decide after this week if I want to continue with it or not.

I did 4 sets/8 reps each exercise and did these in a superset fasion. Last week I did this routine with 5 reps but didn't like it so I upped it to 8 this week and kept the same weights:

SS #1
Side Lateral Raise: 15 lbs. each hand (was at 17's last week, went down to 15's because I had some trouble with my left shoulder last week)
Pull-ups: 6/5/4/3 1/2 - was REALLY happy with this!

SS #2
Incline Dumbbell Press - 35 lbs. each hand
Barbell Preacher Curls - 45 lbs.

SS #3
Front Squats - 55# - Tried doing these again, I just can't get my hands right, if I do a clean and bring the bar up to my shoulders I can't keep my elbows up and my wrists start to hurt. So I just grabbed the stupid bar with an overhand grip, pulled it up to my chest and held it there like that. Worked ok but if I go heavier I doubt I'll be able to hold it that way.
Standing Calf Raises - 60# (did 45 reps each set)

Pretty good workout, as of yet my chest hasn't been sore and I really miss that. I don't feel like I'm working it at all.

Diane Sue - I always put onions in my salads. I'll try it again tonight, maybe I just need to acquire a taste for the dressing.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Morning,
I am starting late this morning. Todays workout will be cardio and Pyramid Total Body adding the lower floorwork on. Last week I did I Max 3 for my cardio I might go for I Max 2 and a short treadmill run.

Lora, I bought my 10# med ball from Walmart. I think it was around 13.00. It has been awhile. My 15# I had to hunt down and got the best price at www.mercantila.com They have medicine balls up to 18# on sale right now for $18.99.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue

Diana Sue - Thanks for the info.

Well ladies - Something to be said for crosstraining and Mark Blanchard's yoga. I did that 90 minute Power Yoga yesterday and the Functional Fitness workout this morning. My lats, arms and legs are so sore that I can't believe it. It has to be from the yoga yesterday. I know his yoga is intense, but geez. I haven't been this sore from lifting as heavy as I can with P90X.

Where is everyone today?

Megadoo - are you feeling better?

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm sore from the combination of Kenpo X and Power Yoga. I really put a lot into my punches yesterday. How am I supposed to fight off all the mosh pit people tomorrow if I'm this sore? }(

Hello everyone!
Back to work for me today, no more vacation!
I gained 6 lbs on holiday, so its back to butt kicking for a while.
Today i plan on Imax, with something lower body,and something abs...worry about that when i get home.
Lora, i can see you're soooo excited about the show, you must be freakin!
Will check in later, have a wonderful day.
Steph

Hi Lora! yeah, a little better. Thanks for asking! I hope you have a wonderful time at the concert and can get some pics! I am so jealous!!
Steph- glad to see you getting back into the swing of things

Deb- your WO's look so good!

Diane Sue-I am glad you got that family time in yesterday! I also love spending time with my mom, dad, and sis's. I enjoy family time.

I managed a good cardio WO. I did cardio from SJP, skipped abs and stretch, and went right into KPC (skipping WUP and abs). I did get some leg work in too.

Charlotte and ANne, where are you girls today?

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/152/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Megadoo - no pics allowed this time. I don't get to meet them again. they aren't doing that any more....and I'm bummed. They are having a contest at a bar in town tonight to dance for the crowd and get voted the craziest Bi#$C and get backstage passes, but that won't exactly go over too well with the DH! LOL.

Lora- LOL!!! That's funny. Too bad on the pics though. Oh well. Maybe I can catch them next time they come to town. Would have to find someone to go with, as DH isn't into that music so much.
Have fun anyway!!
Are you still going to work the next day, or do you have it off?

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/152/.png[/img] [/url]

Hey Maniacs!!!

My workouts have been all over the place so I feel like I am not worthy enough to check in. I have been so busy. So much going on right now. No excuse though so I feel like I am on my way to becoming "The Michelin Man" if I don't get in all my workouts. I feel really bloated today too so that doesn't help. I have 2 compulsions...cleaning and working out and sometimes the "clean freak" takes over..what can I say? I cleaned three of the cars that we have yesterday. Mowed the day before and now cleaning the house today. CAN'T WAIT TO GET CAUGHT UP FROM VACATION!!!!!!!

So today I just worked out on my own. Fatiguing my bicep muscles starting with 30# db's and going 6x's, 25# db's going 10x's, 20# db's going 15x's, 15 db's going 15x's, 10# db's going 20x's, 8# db's going 30x's and 5# db's going 40x's. and triceps with 50# in lap in 3 sets of 12, tricep extensions with 12# db's (3 sets of 10) and lastly tricep work off smith machine with 60# (3 sets of 10). I want to get in some ab work this evening. I found a Abs book in my hubby's car while cleaning and it has soooo many ab workouts in there...was happy to find that!!!!!

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs!!!

My workouts have been all over the place so I feel like I am not worthy enough to check in. I have been so busy. So much going on right now. No excuse though so I feel like I am on my way to becoming "The Michelin Man" if I don't get in all my workouts. I feel really bloated today too so that doesn't help. I have 2 compulsions...cleaning and working out and sometimes the "clean freak" takes over..what can I say? I cleaned three of the cars that we have yesterday. Mowed the day before and now cleaning the house today. CAN'T WAIT TO GET CAUGHT UP FROM VACATION!!!!!!!

So today I just worked out on my own. Fatiguing my bicep muscles starting with 30# db's and going 6x's, 25# db's going 10x's, 20# db's going 15x's, 15 db's going 15x's, 10# db's going 20x's, 8# db's going 30x's and 5# db's going 40x's. and triceps with 50# in lap in 3 sets of 12, tricep extensions with 12# db's (3 sets of 10) and lastly tricep work off smith machine with 60# (3 sets of 10). I want to get in some ab work this evening. I found a Abs book in my hubby's car while cleaning and it has soooo many ab workouts in there...was happy to find that!!!!!

Charlotte~~

Hi Charlotte - you clean freak!! (just kidding). The BPAL orders take a while to come in. They have been trying to get the orders out quicker, but I think there's still a 3 week wait (or more). You can check the site for details. I'll email you later. I gotta go watch GH and pick out my workout for the AM.

Megadoo - What part of NY do you live in? Buckcherry just played in Rochester the other day. ARe you near there? I wanted to drive to that show cuz it's only 4 hours and 15 minutes away from here, but the DH didn't want to hear it. It was on a Saturday too....and would have made a nice road trip and it's the last show they had the Meet and Greet and Sound Check at! He thinks I'm nuts (I already know I am).

Lora, I heard about that concert, but it is still about 2-2.5 hours away. I could have gone driving wise, but we had a family party to go to. Plus this stupid cold. WOuld have been fun though.

Charlotte- I wish I had time to clean as much as you!!! But I spend most of the time picking up after the boys!!!LOL!!!!!!!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.