Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Aug 18

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Valerie Waters Action Hero Weighted Circuit. Listened to Papa Roach. Workout was 67" with stretch & I burned 546 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Morning Maniacs,

Here's what my morning looked like:

Superset A
Chins
6/6/6
Chest Press
8/8/8 - 97#

Superset B
Elbow Out Rows
8/8/8 - 43's
Low-Incline DB Press
8/8/8 - 38's

Superset C
Decline Pushups
15/15/13
Incline Curls
8/8/8 - 23

I was toast by the end, but then did cardio at 30/90 ratio for 6 rounds did suicides and high kee runs. By then I was totally wiped.

I have resolved to clean up my eating and finally lean out. I am at my highest weight in a long time and all my close are getting snug and I hate it! Whay am I telling you this because I need to be held accountable. So if I don't come back with reports of losing weight, I need for you to knock me upside my head. Thank you very much! :p

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am not working out...still healing and went to chiropractor again. Came back and areas of my right trap area are not so tight now and when I was reaching up in cabinet..could actually do so NORMALLY and feel normal too. lol..not like Frankenstein all stiff so this is my second week of recovery and I think by end of week I am going to slowly work back into my workouts. Really have been thinking of not going as heavy anymore if going heavy is going to screw me up so much like I have been so I am considering just switching up my workouts more and focusing on muscle confusion instead of trying to be Hercules. I have to think of where I wanna be when I am 60, and not in a wheelchair all bent over from a decayed and damage spine.

Linda,

Don't feel too bad. I had 2 thin slices of my son's birthday cake, popcorn at the movies too. Today though I am back on track. So when you get off track, just get back on.

Char - Thanks for the support! Glad to hear you are feeling better. I think the muscle confusion approach sounds like a good idea. Workouts aren't good if they leave you injured. Had some family pictures done yesterday in in one I really looked like a brute. Made me think maybe I should stop trying to set new records every time I workout. :p

Morning Maniacs! Getting ready to do Slim Series Shape it Up as soon as dh is done with his workout. We are both off work today.:)

Well, we set Rob free this morning! Our lil' guy (geez, it was kinda hard after all this time) hopped around on the porch and went in and out of his cage for a few min. and then he flew off and picked the biggest tree in the yard to land in:cool:. It was nice that his first flight was pretty good and now we know how well he can fly. We will keep his cage out with food and water in case he needs it. We decided it was time, because last night 3 other Robins were getting really close to his cage and talking to him (one was mature and the other 2 looked alittle older than him) He was going nuts, he wanted to be with them so bad and they seemed concerned about him too. He seemed to be eating well on his own too.

Lora- Valerie has a new ab circuit workout out. You can get it by signing up for her club (it's free). http://www.redcarpetready.com/blog/

Char- I came to that exact conclusion about a year ago. I was lifting very heavy (for me) for a year or more, always trying to out do myself, and all it did was give me injuries (torn rotator cuff, tennis elbow, stiff neck, tight muscles overall). I'd then have to take time off to heal and I ended up in worse shape than if I'd just kept with a consistent lighter weight program. Plus, the injuries made everyday life miserable and it's just not worth it to me. Like you, I want to be healthy in the years to come and not broken down from old injuries, I'm working out to prevent injuries here, ;). I've also come to the conclusion after lifting lighter for this past year that I like the way I look and I feel good and I still feel strong everyday. It was tough at first to lighten up, you know, had to up the reps and all, felt like a whimp at times, but my body is so much happier and doesn't look any worse for wear. :cool: I don't know if I'll ever go back. Also, I absolutely don't want to say that I think others aren't being smart lifting so heavy, everybody is different and need to do what they are comfortable with. Gosh that was long...

Linda- We will be here to hold you accountable!;) You can do this.

Teddy- I haven't done that workout in ages! Great job!

I had very little sleep last night. Been that way for awhile:( I was up at 4 am after tossing and clock watching all night. It is making me feel sick. Before I took the girls to school I did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt Fitness premix cardio and lower repeating the lower segments. I then did Turbo Jam Lower Body. I just had no energy when I came home so have called it a day for working out unless something happense to change my mind. Getting my haircut later today. Workout was 1hr13 min and I burned 512 calories. Was in my zone for 22 minutes. Hoping to get a nap or something.

Dallys, I was going to download that ab workout but ran into an error downloading:( I bet you felt good seeing Rob take off:)

Finished up Shape it Up. Feeling pretty good.:)

Diane Sue- Sounds like a nap might do you good. I wonder why you got the error on downloading. Maybe try with different browzer? It's so funny about Rob. I just went outside to see if I could find him, I whistled and I thought I heard his voice (can you believe I can recongnize this with all the birds out there?)! I walked around the yard (have a half acre here) and followed the sound. I found him in the neighbors tree that's on the edge of our backyard. He hopped right to the branches above me and talked to me. I thought I'd never see him again. I bet he's hungry by now.:( He has to figure it out soon. There is that same (can tell cuz of a white mark on it) mature Robin keeping close to him.

Last edited:
Hi Maniacs

It's a MOnday for sure!

Just when I think I'm getting back on track, it's all on hold. I'm am literally out of commission for awhile as far as my feet go!

This morning, Ms. Graceful (as DH calls me) put her heels on (not that I need them, I'm 5'11", but soooo love my heels) and ....wham bam, fell down two concrete steps into the garage, saw black, then stars, I heard a snap in my right foot, had to crawl to my car and drive myself to the ER. I broke that foot 4 years ago and I swear it was the same pain. Spent the morning in the ER with inept people not keeping up with my early morning caffeine habit, plus I missed two meals and was sooo hungry. yes I'm a terrible patient! they took x-rays and said it wasn't broken, just a sprain. If that's all it is, why can't I bear any weight on it. So, I cancelled all my appointments for 2 days and am sitting on my arse at home with my doggies!! good thing I can work from home.

Then I got in the car, but my coffee cup in the cup holder and the holder snapped completely off the car? WTF?

Anyhoo...will have to wait a few days before I try anything physical. good thing I can work from home.

Lora- I've been tempted to get RCR, it's like 77bucks now...I thought it was 39 a few weeks ago! Is that Action hero weighted circuit on her website?

Diane Sue..hope you feel better! could it be from missing DH already?

Dallys....ahh free as a bird, that is sooo cool that the other robin's came by! Thanks for the info on the dremel, tried it for the first time yesterday and I think I need a different bit, couldn't find a fine sanding one but my babies really don't mind it, especially when their treat is steak after every nail!

Char-must be killing you to be out of commission...I like your philosophy though.

Teddy..love kpc!

Linda-I'm with ya on the clean eating...but you look really cut, not much more to lean unless you want decrease muscle mass.

Ok...guess that enough whining for now,
Have great workouts everyone!

Last edited:
Amber - Thanks for the compliment on the photo. Unfortunately, that picture is from last year and I am currently carrying an extra 5-10 pounds. Not sure exactly how much as I refuse to get on the scale, but don't need to because my clothes are telling me all I need to know! :eek:

Hello :)

Just wanted to say TODAY is a BAD EATING Day. OMG, I can't believe all the shhhhhhhiiiiiiittttttttt I have put into my system, must be my NERVES, WTH knows. I ate over 15 pieces of orange slice, 1 snicker bar and all the meals I packed today, don't seem as tho I'm done, I'm still HUNGRY :( my body is craving sweets. I pray tomorrow will be a better day. Have a great evening all

Linda,

I am looking to lean out too. What is your eating strategy going to be? Maybe we can help each other. I am looking to lose 5-10 pounds too.

((((((((((Amber)))))))))))) OMG, I am so sorry that happened too you:( How long is it going to take before healed? Take care!

Hey Teddygirl..
I know the feeling, i have had days where im just NOT satisfied until I actually eat EXACTLY what it is that i have been craving all day lol-- even though I spend all day eating EVERYTHING ELSE trying to keep the bad cravings at bay :)
Im sure it will go away by tomorrow..
I wonder why we get these every so often out the blue anyways ???

I'm not totally out of commission just yet...just finished 13 mi bike ride. hehe. I changed my mind about resting today...just couldn't do it...all the powers that be..could not hold me. lol

Bionics,

Thanks for that!

Amberwaves - yes, there are actually 2 action hero workouts on her blog. 1 & 2. I like 1 better, but it might just be cuz I know it better. I go heavier than she suggests. I might do Action Hero 2 next week.

Deb - I want to order two more of the Juice Gems Berrylicious lip gloss.....love them. When does the next campaign go in? Also, the Rosebud Glazewear is too dark on my fair complexion. Can I return it?

Last edited:
Another sucky workout.. I can't do legs and lats witout the gym :( ..or at least a squat rack damn!!

HOWEVER, Ive started a *new* routine where Im doing vertical vs horizontal moves for upper body.. so.. today was lats dominant moves paired with presses and lateral/front raises.. next time will be chest paired with upper back (cable rows/DL) and rear delts .. hope it works as well as they say it does :)

Back-
UH BB Rows 5 X 6
Decline Pullovers 5 X 6
DB Rows 2 X 6 (retracted for more lat than rhoms)

I wasn't happy with all that.. Ive been doing at the gym all sorts of pulldowns and pullups like 15 sets and I don't feel as though this nearly compares.. Ill have to figure something out.. Im good at that ;)
I threw in a couple sets of badly modified "pullups" with whatever this contraption I invented out of a barbell and some stools and whatnot.. err.. and a couple sets of "pulldowns" with the band.. not very effective.

Shoulders-
BB Presses 5 X 8 (time to move up in weight next time :)
Front Raises 2 X 6 (superset with)
Lateral Raises 2 X 6

That's it, can't do no mo'

Think Ill go sit at the bookstore and check out that "New Rules of Weightlifting" book I heard someone talk about in the OD..

Today was PUB. I think I may start doing the abs before the upper body work, cuz by the end of that workout, holding myself up in plank is pretty challenging...sigh...i guess that's probably part of the point.

Amber...wow...not the best of days for you. I'm sorry! That is good you can work from home, though. Once you heal up, keep rockin those high heels!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.