Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday April 28

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Ugh....it's Monday already. Where do the weekends go?

This morning I did Tracey's Circuit Zone 50" premix. I added on the warmup segment (since it was not included in this premix). I went as heavy as possible on upper body. A lot of the lower body work was unweighted. I will probably put ankle weights on for the kicking section next time and a heavier med ball to the standing wood chop section. The foam roller segment was extremely short. She only rolls out hips and thighs and that's it. I continued and rolled my spasms out in my back for a few minutes. Workout was 70" and I burned 412 calories. Not a real big calorie burner here! I also added on Core Blast Bosu segment....but since my weights were put away, I did it unweighted....so am not counting it as ab work.

My lower body felt worked from this somewhat....but not sure about upper. I think we only did one set of weight work for each upper body part. Maybe the full workout would have more? I'll be surprised if my upper body gets sore from this workout.

Toasty - I'll look for those vials you want after work.

Have great workouts everyone.

This morning I did another mix of Cardio Coach that I made up. These were three challenges. They were all sprints and runs, no hill climbs. Had a great workout. I like these combos I've come up with.

Then I did the ab work from LIS. I like that ab work but I hate the first thing she does in it where you do an upright bicycle thing. Those are stupid.

[font color=indigo]Cardio only stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]50 minutes
40 minutes in zone
320 calories burned
3.2 miles travelled
[/font]

I have to tell you all this. I went to get into my shower and there is this HUGE spider in it. OMG!!! It was totally disgusting. So I took two cleaners and sprayed the hell out of it. The damn thing is running around the shower and then finally slowed down. I thought it was dead but I wasn't about to get it out. I don't mind picking up small spiders with a kleenex or something but not these huge ones. So I turn on the shower and get in and the damn thing starts moving towards me. OMG! So I took the shower head and sprayed the water on it so it would go close to the drain. It did and I took the fastest shower on record. Sends shivers up my spine just thinking about it. So I think its dead now. Its still in the tub and not moving.

Now watch, I'll go check on it and it will be gone. It will wait for me this evening and show it's ugly face again!!!

I HATE SPIDERS!!!!

Good morning.

Deb- sorry, but I was really laughing reading your story! I am allergic to bees and I found a HUGE one in my kitchen just the other morning. I had no choice but to kill it cuz I am to scared to be stung!! I hear ya tho, I don't like bugs period.

OK, so weekends are so hard for me. I didn't WO Sat cuz I must have hurt my back pushing my son in the stroller on Fri, cuz it hurt like hell. And yesterday, I was just completely exhausted. I didn't do much of anything till I had to go to work.
SO today I believe is Legs and back, I think. Looking foward to it...I love leg days!!!!
My cousin and I are going to attempt to walk as mucch as possible also, and we will run together on the days I don't have the kids. She has been the best walking partner and very motivating, as in,
"Get your pretty ass off the couch...now!!"
Yeah, that usually works....lol

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

This morning I fasted and went on elliptical. Heard good tunes from Squizz music channel today. Here are some of them:

Egypt Central (You make me sick)
Five Finger Death Punch (Never Enough)
Static-X (Bled for Days)..reminds me of Auntie Flo time. hehe
Another Black Day (Wicked Souls)
AND CHECK THIS ONE OUT...Hed Pe (Crazy Life) Love it!!!

O.k. so I burned 379 cals, 45 mins, higher speeds 8-10mph, but went slow in beginning and towards end. Challenged myself and got up to 30mph briefly cuz I can, and it was fun! lol.

Yesterday did this:

TRICEPS:
Lying Skull Crushers

20# BB Warm Up 15x's
45# 12/12/11 (this was the best I have ever done and I am so proud I got up to this weight as I increased it from 40 to 45)

Weighted Bench Dips
50# (45 db plus I rested db on ankle weight that is 5#) 12/12/12 (up five pounds then last time)

Overhead DB Ext
40# (stayed with this as I am not ready to move up yet) 12/10/10 (about same as last time..sorta)

BICEPS:
Close Grip EZ Curl Bar Curls:
50# Warm up and 15x's
75# 10/10/10 (really really tough)

Preacher Curls
40# (went very light on these and could have went higher) 12/12/12

Hammer Curls
35's 12/12/12 (went up from 30's last time I did these and next time will do 40's)

Worked out abs to Butts and Guts and MM

Debbie,

Oh Lawd! I would have had stroke if that was me. I cannot tolerate spiders AT ALL! That is very freaky. Sounds kinda hysterical though. lol. I have to worry about spiders more when I am in basement working out. Few times picked up dumbbell to find spider under it..and big ones. ICK!

Meg,

Have a great time with your workout!

Lora,

O.k. Let me know either way.

Morning,

Boy am I dragging my butt;( :eek: this morning, DAM!

I had a decent weekend, :9 just flew by so quick.

I had a great workout Saturday KPC and Sunday TBW and boy did I go heavy did GS legs (standing only) and MIS UB and 2 segments from Ab Hits.

Today, I’m resting:7

Debbie: LOL I HATE spiders.

Good Morning, I started my workout with Tracey Staehle's Walking Strong. I am going to go back in a little bit to do a Total body workout. I had to stop and eat some breakfast. I don't think I ate enough calories this weekend so was to hungry. I try to not eat before the cardio workout though.

Debbie, sorry about the spider. I had to laugh too. I was alone in the house once and found a tarantula sitting on the arm of dh chair. I thought it was fake and that him or my ds put it there as a joke. Went to pick it up and it started moving. I killed it with a shovel because I didn't want to get to close. Made an awful mess on the chair:0 I think I woulod have taken a sponge bath at the sink. LOL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs,

Well fortunately DH has said nothing more about how I look, even while I was working out this morning. Thanks for all the support, I happen to like the way I look too.

Anyway this morning was supersets done in two sets of eighteen with a 2 minute rest and was definitely a puke status workout. And I'll say it again because it is worth repeating, I hate high rep work!

Chest/Back
Decline Dumbbell Press
18/18 - 37's
One Arm Row(palms back)
18/18 - 40's
***after the 4 rep on the first set my right arm just collapsed and I was like WTH?, So I look and I have a 40# DB in that hand instead of 35#***

Shoulders/Quads
Bent Over Lateral Raise
18 - 16 1/2's
18 - 15 's
Leg Extensions
18/18 - 50
***Shoulder injury from last week bothered me for lat raises so I had to drop. Wasn't sure what I could do for legs do to knee, so a lowered the weight for extensions and fought the negative. This was brutal and my quads were on fire! This superset left me wanting to puke!

Biceps/Triceps
EZ Curls
18/18 - 46#
Overhead Extensions
18/18 - 35#
***Surprised myself here didn't think I could do 35# for the overheads***

Overall it was a good workout, although for most of it I either kept the same weight as last week due to it being really hard last week and not wanting to sacrifice form for more weight, or lowered the weight on account of injury. I did hit puke status so I must have been working hard.

I also did some hanging ab work. By then I was exhausted.

Debbie - Nice leg workout! Happy to hear your shoulder is doing good!

Have a great day!

Linda

Diane Sue - A tarantual!!! OMG! I would have DIED!!! Oh that is just nasty! That story sent shivers up my spine!!! YIKES!

Linda - Nice workout! Hope your shoulder and knees are ok.

Char - So you got the job at the gift shop??? Sounds like a nice, peaceful job.

Debbie - Forgot to mention I hate spiders too! Little ones I can handle, but we get those big wolf spiders here. They just freak me out!

DianeSue - Okay I could not handle a tarantula. I would have had to move out for the day.

Linda

Hey Maniacs!

Today I did the chest, bi & tri split from Amy's Slo Mo. I can just feel my chest getting stronger with these workouts! I'm completely fried at the end but happy:) Was also going to do a short run but my legs are still pretty much jelly from doing Kick Max and Slo Mo legs back to back on Saturday.

Lora- What are your opinions on the new Tracey stuff? I got both on Saturday but have only done Core Blast. I guess I was expecting it to be harder.

Debbie- LOL!! OMG that spider story was too much! Let's hope the little beast is cold and dead when you get home.

Maeghan- Hope your back feels better soon :)

Char-Once again, awesome workout my friend;-) I think today I will finally get a chance to order my next set of imps from BPAL if things stay quiet.

Great workouts everyone!

Coni

I just finished my workout. I started with Jari's Ripped and Chiseled doing the w/up sets, lower and chest then the mail came. I got my Tracey dvd's:D So I did Circuit Zone. Not quite sure how I feel. I think I like it and I think there are areas I can definitely increase the weight because she does not do long fast sets on most of these. I did a sort of a review of it in Open Discussion where someone was asking about it. It has some premixes for upper and lower that might just be good add ons:) I do think lower would be good with a KB workout.

Conni, I was expecting Tracey's core to be tough. She is usually pretty good with it. Maybe we can make it more intense}(

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue- Yes, definitely}( I thought some of the floor and bench work was pretty challenging so maybe just add more weight to the standing and possibly bosu? Let me know if you have any suggestions!

I'm lowering my carbs to 100 or under now. Kind of hard to get the calories in when I go down this low.

[font color=indigo]Meals for yesterday:[/font]

M1: Banana Cream BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake & Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (post workout)
M3: 4 oz. 92% ff beef patty; 3 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Turkey scramble; Yogurt
M5: Chicken breast in my salad; light Honey mustard dressing
M6: 1/2 c. cottage cheese w/ Chocolate Pro Pudding (this was really good!)

[font color=blue]1561 calories
49 g. fat - 28%
187 g. protein - 48%
97 g. carbs - 25%
[/font]

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: 4 oz. chicken breast & salsa; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: 1/2 c. cottage cheese mixed with Chocolate Pro Pudding
M5: Potato Cod; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing; Yogurt
M6: Turkey scramble

[font color=blue]1523 calories (way too low)
44 g. fat - 26%
183 g. protein - 48%
98 g. carbs - 25%
[/font]

Debbie,

YESSSSS, I got the job!!!! Seems like a really nice cozy work enviroment. The girl that I am replacing has been there for years so that makes me feel good....not like it is some shady place where they get rid of employees every 3 -6 months like Tastee Greez. The gift shoppe is nestled in the woods, at the foot of mountain so it nice and purty back in there. lol.

Diane Sue,

TARANTULA????????????? I would have died right on the spot. I am glad we don't have them suckers here. Gosh!

Coni,

Sounds like your doing so well with your workouts. Love to hear about it. Keep it going.

Linda,

The high rep work is something I am trying to get use to with the heavy weights. I think it really brings us close to puke status at times. I tell you what...I GOT TO GET USE TO IT, but it is making me stronger doing it this way. Great rotation Debbie put out there. I am thinking of taking up meditation so I can get all the crap out of my head while I am working out. I got too many things in my head when I am working out and I don't like it.

Toasty - Congrats!!! Sounds like fun!

Debbie - my uncle (in-law) git bit by a black widow when we had the garage sale the other weekend and ended up in the hospital! Needless to say I am glad we have not had to go back in the house and that is will be sold soon!

Char - Congratulations! On the New Job. Yeah I know high rep work is important, but I will never like it! Especially 18 $&*%# reps!

Linda

Diane Sue - what do you think of the Jari workouts? I have the Ripped and Chisled and I also have the Ripped 1000. I like them. I have only done them a couple of times.

Today's meal

M1: 1/4 c oatmeal w/2 chicken strips
M2: cup of veggie soup w/6 WW crackers
M3: cup of veggie soup w/4 WW crackers slice of cheeses
M4: beef tips w/greens 1/2c mac and cheese
M5: ????

Have a great day everyone:) :)

Hey Maniacs! Just got back from a 3 day weekend in Fruita CO. They had their "Fat Tire Festival" this weekend. We had a fantastic time and averaged 3-4 hrs. on our bikes each day! I'm totally exhausted, but have another bike ride planned for this evening.}(

I posted some pics in my "bike ride" picture trail if anyone is interested.:)

Here's my fave pic, as I still remember the agony at that moment!
315166163.jpg

I'm not afraid of spiders (well maybe the taranchula) so, I'll come kill em for you guys. I'm more scared of a worm than a spider!

You all are bad a$$eS (as Jillian says) with the workouts!!

Later...gotta go fuel up for my ride.:)

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.