Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday April 21

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did The Action Hero Workout from Valerie Waters Blog.

Movement Prep - Warm Up - Leg Swings, Plie Squats, Forward Lunges & Warrior Lunges

Circuit #1
Single leg glute bridge on foam foller - 12 reps each leg
Mountain Climbers with hands on med ball and feet on Gliding Discs - 40 reps
Painful Plank Pushaway with Gliding Discs - 20 reps
Kayaker - 20 reps on stability ball with 10 lb body bar
Repeated Circuit 3 times.

Circuit #2
Band side steps (like Firewalkers) - 15 steps each way with Red Band
Lunge Kick - 15 reps each leg - added ankle weights
Bentover Row - set 1 I used 17 lbs/15 reps, 2nd set 20 lbs/12 reps, last set 30 lbs/8 reps
Romanian Deadlifts - 10 reps with 22 lb DBs
DB Chest Press - 15 reps w/ 20 lbs/12 with 22 & 10 with 27 lbs
Repeated Circuit 3 times

Circuit 3
Bulgarian Split Squat - 10 reps each leg - used 12 lb DBs
Lateral shoulder raises - 12 lbs
Reverse Lunge with gliding disc - 12 reps each leg - w/ 12 lb DBs
Biceps Curls - 12 reps with 15 lbs
Dips - 1 set - then modified triceps with 15 lb DBs
Repeated Circuit 3 times

I did Cathe's Muscle Max stretch. I had to skip a the last set of legs in the last circuit cuz I was running out of time. Workout was 70" and I burned 428 calories. Probably could have went a bit heavier on a few exercises....but this was the first run through. Tunes were the Chili Peppers - Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magick.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is Chest and Back and Abs. Looks like my metabolism is revved up some so to keep it that way gonna go jump on the elliptical and listen to squizz off directv and pray they don't play icky songs. I took it to 29mph quickly on saturday morning. LMAO!

Looks like a wet cool day today. No outdoor stuff for me. Was gonna mow. Got all my flowers in though. Looking good.

Lora,

Looks like you worked it this morning!!!!!

Good Morning,:)

My weekend was Fabulous ;-) :9 :D

Today is cardio, so for my workout it’s going to be a niiiice 5 mile power walk to loosen up my legs from the weekend workouts. Have a great day today.

Lora: Nice workout ;-)

I forgot to mention I am down 3lbs:7

GOOD MORNING!!!!!

I had THE BEST weekend. My cousin wanted my shift at work cuz she needed money, so I gave it to her. So Wayne, myself and the kids spent the day outside, cooking on the grill, playing, having fun. It was the most amazing day I have had in a long time. I loved it.
But, I should have exercised lol.

Today is Chest, Back, and Abs also. If I have time, I would like to hop on the TM for a few, but that depends on how quickly I get my arse moving!!

Char- It has been beautiful here. I want to plant flowers badly, but still to early since we get frosts at night so easily still. Mother's Day I will be starting my gardens. My Hostas are coming up nicely already.

Lora- Great WO. GLad your kitty is doing well with HER surgery!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

Finished my cardio...

Level 4
30 mins
3.2 miles
Speed 6-8mph
Burned 267 cals

Meg,

Glad you had a nice weekend. You deserved it. Did you good to do that.
It is possible we could still get frost too, but I got tarps, blankets and will blanket ever thing to death, if need be.

Teddygirl,

Great job on the weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HIGH FIVE!!!!

Morning Maniacs!

Lora - great work out - I will try that tomorrow.

Saturday I did jari loves ripped 1000 and found it quite challenging.

Sunday - ran my neighborhood which is hilly and challenging.

total time - 45 minutes
max HR - 175
average HR 153 - It is quite an interval with those hill.

After that I transplanted 73 lilies and can barley move today!

Lora - where is this blog?

Toasty: Thank you! I lost the 3lbs from walking; since the weather has been so nice I've been walking my butt off, really, my butt is the first thing that goes, argghhh :+

Ally: Nice job:)

Of course I ate WAY TOO MUCH this weekend. Had a great time, though. Time to get back to the nitty gritty. I did do legs on Friday before I left and I'm still sore. We walked a lot so I know that contributed to my soreness.

Today was Chest and Back. I was really looking forward to working out and surprisingly enough, had an excellent workout. I don't feel bad today, but I had a really bad sugar overdose headache yesterday.

2 minute rest between each set

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Flat Dumbbell Flye:
20's - 15 reps (warmup)
32's - 12/12/12 (up 2#)
[font color=blue]***These felt good.[/font]

Bench Press:
95# - 12/12/10 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Went to complete failure on the last set. I really wanted to get two more reps in but there was no way.[/font]

Incline Dumbbell Press:
37's - 12/12/10 (up 2#)
[font color=blue]These felt good too. Slightly felt a pull in my upper back/neck on the left side with the third set. It feels ok now.[/font]

Decline Dumbbell Flye:
32's - 12/12/12 (up 2#)
[font color=green]Dropped the weight after the 3rd set to 25's and repped out at 12 reps. (up 2 reps)[/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Overhand Pullups:
10/5/5
[font color=blue]***Totally sucked out on these. I kind of figured I would since I'm probably hauling up about 5-10 more #'s then I did last week. LOL![/font]

Pullovers:
40# - 12/12/12 (same but last week did 12/10/10 reps)
[font color=blue]***Love this exercise.[/font]

One-Arm Rows:
35# - 12/12/12 (same but last week did 12/12/11 reps)

Wide Grip barbell Rows:
60# - 12/12/12 (same)
[font color=green]Dropped the weight after the 3rd set to 45# and repped out at 12 reps. (up 2 reps)[/font]
[font color=blue]***Weights stayed the same here because I was wiped out and my low back was starting to feel tight.[/font]

That is all...

Got Avon to deliver today so I won't be around. See you all tomorrow!

Got going slowly today. I did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Kick Stepboxing and repeated the floor cardio segment. I originally planned on Slow and Heavy legs and shoulders but am switching to Triceps, biceps, and abs. I am having some low back spasms after the planting and weeding yesterday. I ate way to much sodium this weekend so my weight is up. I went ahead and did my bodyfat which was 12.1%. My weight is up to 119 though. I usually range around 112-115. I had over 5000 mg of sodium yesterday when I checked. I am going to have to work on that. Also had way to many starchy carbs like bread at Subway and popcorn.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Ok,, done with my WO. I did AbRipperX first this time. Glad I did. Then I did Chest and Back. I had a good WO. More reps then last week, but I am feeling it!!! I am hungry now. Gonna shower and run somme errands before work!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

Hi Everyone!

It's been a nice weekend for me too!

Charlotte - Our weather is a lot a like! It's overcast here and just a little cooler than it has been.

Meg - So happy for you that you were able to spend your weekend with your honey and kids! Sounds like a fun and relaxing time you had!

Teddygirl - Nice going on the weight loss! I love walking and find that helps me as well to lose weight!

Diane Sue - Nice workout you had!

Lora - Glad your kitty is doing a lot better!!! Nice workout by the way!

Debbie - Welcome back!!! Did you see I'm doing your w/o you're doing now, and not doing too bad on it, still seeing strength improvements!!!

Linda - Where are you????? I miss seeing you here!!!

Hello to everyone else!

Have a great day ladies!

Afternoon Maniacs,

See everybody has been hard at work this morning as usual. Weekend was so busy, Saturday night stomach felt horrible ended up getting sick and went to bed and slept for 10 hours. Took a short run on Sunday about 1 1/2, usually my rest day I felt like I was in a funk.

Sandy - I am here, just have been busy and also a bit out of sorts. Not sure why?

Here is this morning's workout. It was two straight sets of 18 with a 2 minute rest. And let me just say, I hate high rep work, by rep 15 I just want to be done!

Chest
Decline Dumbbell Press
18/18 - 37's (brutal)

Back
One Arm Rows we/ Palms back
18/18 - 40# (struggled w/ the left)

Shoulders
Bent Over Lat Raise
18/18 - 16's

Quads
Leg Extensions
18/18 - 65# (started at 70# wasn't happening)

Biceps
EZ Curls
18/18 - 45# (nothing EZ here)

Triceps
Overhead Extensions
19/18 - 32#

Then did hanging ab work and CTX Step & Intervals cardio.

Have a great day!

Linda

Diane Sue,

I just had subway too, but I had the wrap for lunch. I don't think I will see 115 again. I am 119 too and seems like I am stuck there for now.

Did Imax 3 this morning and tweaked my left ankle just slightly in the first blast. It didn't hurt at the time but is slightly sore now so I think I will take it easy on hi-impact for the next few days...better safe than sorry:)

Great workouts everyone!

Coni

Eatery wasn’t that good today :D

Friday
M1: flax cereal w/ff soy milk, tpsb of PP (1/2 bag of cheese nips) OUCH!
M2: 3 ff chicken skew w/broccoli & slice of cheese
M3: Smart one "meatloaf & mash potatoes" (not a good choice) I'm eating this now and it not great x(
M4: yogurt & 2 Tbsp of flax seed (after I walk)
M5: ??????? what ever it is affer I come back from my walk it is going to be very light, maybe a protein pancake or I'll skip this meal all together.

Ally - www.valeriewaters.com and then look at the bottom to click on the Blog. There are also a couple good rotations by her. One that is in the Fitness Rx Press Release article (not in the blog...but under Press) and also the Shape rotation 10-Pound Meltdown Rotation (not sure which Shape article under the Press section). The Action Hero workout I did is under February blog entries (2nd page of blog). There are illustrations in the blog of the exercises that you might not be familiar with.

I finished my workout. I did better than the last time I did S&H Biceps and Triceps. My back feels much better after the workout and using the foam roller. Went and got lots of fresh veggies and some chicken.

Teddi, good job on the weight loss.

Charlotte, I weighed 112 when I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago for my allergies. I cam home and was the same. I will put up a fight:) Still pretty sure it is mostly water. Maybe I gained some muscle:)

Debbie, I know you will be right back on top of your eating. You are so good at it:)

Ally, isn't it funny how we can workout, but when we get out and do work in the yard we end up with aches and pains LOL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.