HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS MONDAY 3-29

buttercup78

Cathlete
HERMIA-that does sound like a major pain. I hope the kitty settles down :D
Lora-sorry to hear that work is not getting any better, and I wish I had some suggestions to help :(

Yesterday was my rest day and I was sore. Both DOMS from the plyo workout Saturday and from the massage I got Saturday. She really worked my back, shoulders, and traps. It is still quite sore today, but that is ok. I told her I wanted these knots OUT :D Today will be my one body part per day followed by 30 min of cardio.

Hello to all who follow :D

Theresa

So today was Meso 2, Week 2, Disc 18, Back and Biceps. Had a pretty good workout. Still congested but the cough is about gone. Definitely feeling better.

BACK
Warmup:
Lat pulldowns with band - 12 reps/green band
T-Pull with band - 12 reps/green band
Y's with band - 12 reps/green band

Workout:
Pulldowns w/ Band - 12 reps/all three bands
***I was going to do chins today but Friday night I slept weird and twisted my neck/shoulder again. I was in considerable pain Saturday and yesterday just a little bit. I didn't want to chance it.

Barbell Rows - 60#/12 reps
Barbell Rows - 60#/10 reps
Barbell Rows - 60#/8 reps
Barbell Rows - 55#/15 reps
***Last set was a back-off set. Love these!

One Arm Horizontal Row - 25#/12 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 25#/10 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 25#/8 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 20#/15 reps
***Good weights here, Got a great burn by the drop set.

One Legged Deadlifts - 20#/12 reps each leg
One Legged Deadlifts - 20#/10 reps each leg
One Legged Deadlifts - 20#/8 reps each leg
***I'm glad there were no back-off sets with this. My low back really felt these. In a good way.

BICEPS
Barbell Curl - 50#/12 reps
Barbell Curl - 50#/10 reps
Barbell Curl - 50#/8 reps
Barbell Curl - 35#/17 reps + Bonus of one up counting 8 and lowering 8.
***Loved this set, really got my biceps burning.

Seated Alternating Curl - 20's/12 reps
Seated Alternating Curl - 20's/10 reps
Seated Alternating Curl - 20's/8 reps
Seated Alternating Curl - 12's/12 reps + bonus which was double arm alternating curls for 8 more reps

Seated Concentration Curls - 15#/12 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 15#/10 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 15#/8 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 10#/25 reps
***Should have used 20# for this but my bi's were fried.

That is all...

Good Morning!

Doing something a little different today. Theresa, thought about your using meso 2 in a one bodypart per day structure. I'm copying you for my last workout in this rotation (sort of). Hope that's ok. Back today (biceps tomorrow), but I'm saving pullups for AFTER deadlifts. Taking a short break, then doing a bodyweight exercise and cardio interval circuit mish mash for 4 rounds, 5 exercises each round (including pull-ups at the beginning of each round). Decided to do this for a couple different reasons ... I don't know, we'll see.

Hermia - Sounds like you had a chaotic day. Poor kitty :( . We have cats (don't even want to talk about why that's plural :eek: . One day last winter, ds and I got home and all the animals were waiting for us at the door. I looked at him and said, "We don't have a home, we have a petting zoo." He just got this really deadpan look and said, "You just now figured that out??!!!" ). They really are creatures of habit and don't like change. A stressed cat is not fun. Hope you get settled in soon.

Theresa - Have a great workout. Btw, ds is much better and went to school today :D .

Debbie - Glad you're feeling better! Quite a workout!

Hi to everyone else and have a great day/workout!

Debbie-nice weights and nice workout. Glad you are on the mend :D

Lori-copy away. I'm just excited to be inspiring to someone. Have a good workout yourself and glad DS is feeling better :)

THeresa

Hello Maniacs - well....I'm off today (yay!!) but my pain is still flaring so I did YRG - Mix (40 minutes) followed by Ult Bootcamp - Total Body 10" and then I did YRG Wake Up. Workout was 65" and I burned 580 calories. Max HR doing YRG was 143 (pretty good - took lots of concentration with the dynamic tension aspect...). I finished off with Shiva Rea Daily Yoga Chakra Mandala and forward bends.

Theresa -how long does it take before your "knots" come back?

Hi to everyone else. Have great workouts.

Lora-I don't know yet.....Mine is mostly self-induced due to the amount of computer work I do, my posture, etc. I am trying to be very aware of my ergonomics and see how I feel. It still hurts, but in a different way. She hoped I would get a good month before I needed to come back :D

Back workout is done and felt really good. Dropsets this week. Really, really dig those :) . The pullover weight looked pretty heavy to me (50, 40, 32). That's why I decided to switch up the order of the exercises - wanted to go into them fresh. I was cautious starting but they felt really good - about spot-on. The circuit with pull-ups, etc. I put together ... it was quite a bit harder than it had looked on paper :eek: . I thought about leaving the last round off but that probably would have bugged me later. It's done. I'm tired.

Theresa - Hope your knots stay away and yup, you do inspire me ;) !

Lora - Glad you have the day off! Sorry you're in pain. Is it chronic or do you ever get pain-free days?

Hey everyone
my little kitty was under the bed when I came home, but now she's out and about, curled up a couple feet away. She is so cute!

Theresa, just curious, did the massage hurt when she was working on you? I don't think I could stand an hour or so of pain! Sometimes I have fiance massage my back but he just attacks knots and it really hurts! I couldn't stand that for an hour!

Hermia-glad the kitty is happy :D I would not say it is painful, but more uncomfortable at times. I had a huge knot on the inside of my scapula and on my rt trap. She recreated some of the nerve pain I can get at times, but honestly the daily discomfort is worse than the massage. HOpe I made some sense :p

I've had spasms for sooooooooo long that after my massotherapy treatment, they come back within 24 hours. I was hoping that it would improve with time.....but I can't continue to go for treatments with my DH losing his job.

My pain is daily....although some days are unbearable and some are somewhat bearable.

Today I did Core cardio circuit, tomorrow will be disc 31 STS chest and back.
Going to get up to 80 here in St. Louis by Thursday, yeah!!

Great workouts everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.