Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mon., May 19th

Where's Lora???

Well, I almost decided to start my rest week early but then chose to just finish out this week and have the Memorial Week off. And since I have Monday off it will be nice not to have to get up and workout. My body needs a break so bad, though. Every fiber in it feels like its torn. Not good.

1:10 min. rest between each set

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Incline Dumbbell Flye:
25's - 15 (warmup)
35's - 12/12/12 (up 3#)
[font color=blue]***Felt strong on these. Shoulder clicked on the last set. I hate that.[/font]

Bench Press:
100# - 12/12/10 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Felt strong on these too, but the 3rd set felt awkward for some odd reason.[/font]

Decline Dumbbell Press:
40's - 12/12/12
[font color=red]After the 3rd set I dropped the weight to 30's and repped out at 12.[/font]
[font color=blue]***Was tired after these. Energy dropped big time here.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Close Grip Overhand Pullups:
10/7/7 (last week did 10/6/5)
[font color=blue]***Last set was sloppy.[/font]

One -Arm Rows:
35# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***These felt good. Worked this set really well.[/font]

Wide Grip Overhand Barbell Rows:
65# - 12/12/12
[font color=red]After the 3rd set I dropped the weight to 55# and repped out at 10.[/font]
[font color=blue]***Drop set was 45# last week. Love barbell rows.[/font]

That is all....

Hope you all have great workouts!

Morning Maniacs -

I couldn't sleep last night for nothing (haven't been able to for a while now....severe anxiety). I tossed for hours and then when I finally fell asleep, had a horrible nightmare and didn't even feel like I slept.....needless to say...I slept in and got a late start working out.

I tried a Turbulence Training workout this morning....but I guess I didn't plan very well cuz it omitted legs...and I want to do 2 total body workouts before I leave on Friday, so I ended up adding leg work. Workout with 20 minutes of HIIT was 65" and I burned 544 calories. I also did Tracey's Core Blast - Med Ball & Stability Ball work 10"...left my HR monitor running - burned 603 calories.

I also did Yoga/Stretch from BB's Project You and really liked it for a 20" session.

I didn't think this TT workout was half as hard as Warp Speed. Those metabolic circuits in Warp are the Bomb! I'm going to research more on Metabolic circuits and see if I can find any other ones. I looked at Afterburn II and he does complexes in that program which look hard also.......and I've also seen some complexes workouts by Alwyn on T-Nation.

Deb- have you ever done any rotation off of T-Nation using Complexes? Did you ever do them in any of your M&F rotations?

Have great workouts everyone. My shoulders are REALLY messed up this week.....and they will be glad to get 5 days off from weights at the end of the week.

Good morning. I think I might be doing Legs and Glutes today and some TM. My biceps are still a little sore. I need to get some breakfast. Gotta get in what I can this week. We are leaving Thur afternoon for camp till Sunday. Prob wont' be doing any WO's up there. Going to bring some healthy snacks and try to do my best with waht we will have. Looking foward to relaxing tho.

Lora- sorry you had such a nightmare. I have had some real doozies over the last year. Hopefully you will get some incredible sleep in Vegas!

Deb- I bet your body will be thanking you tremendoulsy lol! You deserve a good break.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~
~AGAIN~
5/7/08

Good Morning,

I had a fabulous weekend. Sunday me and my sister rode the Nautical Boat. I over ate and the food was good.

Saturday: hour jog
Sunday: rest day
Monday: ????

This morning I woke up late, tired from yesterday and I’m still dragging, tell the truth I’m not even woke yet! need 2 cup of coffee, bbl

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Saturday I went for 12 mile bike ride. Came home and was locked out of house. Didn't think dh was gonna leave. Got to work late and sweaty..no time to shower. That was my day. Sunday was better, but took a rest day othen then walk the dogs.

Today I am gonna get on elliptical and then work biceps and abs as well. Had pizza and pancakes (protein pancakes) yesterday, but my carbs were off the charts so I need elliptical too. Gonna try for 500 cals to burn so I will be back to report later.

Debbie,

No surprise you feel that way. Look at what your doing. Your an ANIMAL! I did work my chest and triceps on friday..just didn't want to report it. LMAO! I did however wake up sore on friday from my birdy workout. HAHAHAHA! However, I am coming along with triceps more then chest..as you probably have figured. hehe

Lora,

Sorry you had a bad night. Had weird dreams too..demons and I pulled my own tooth out..not sure why. LMAO! Weird..weird..weird.

Meg,
Have a good workout! Been a long time since I did that one.

Meg - I can never sleep good away from home! And I get horrid back pain from a soft mattress! Not to complain.......but just saying! LOL. I need something to freakin' calm me down. I'm a freakin nervous wreck ever since I lost my job.

Morning Maniacs,

Couldn't get on the forums all weekend, having connection problem and the idiot at Verizon couldn't help me. Anyway on Saturday I did the blast only from Low Max Intensified, blasts only from LIC then the first step combo & blast and finished combo from LIS.

This morning was going to do some cardio since it's my rest week, but couldn't get out of bed. The left side of DD's head and face swelled up on Saturday, finally ended up at the ER that night until 2 am, got to bed at 3 am, then up for church the next morning w 6 hrs sleep. Yesterday, was my 12 year anniversary, went to lunch, then back to church, so no nap. So this morning I just could not get out of bed.

BTW, DD is fine, it was an infection from a tick bite. Her eye is still slightly swollen but she looks so much better. They did IV antibiotics in the ER.

Well have a great day!

I finished my workout. I think I have my HR monitor figured out. I finally did the resting setting last night and it put me in the elite zone, then this morning I spent the 5 minutes getting my own zone settings in it. I didn't have to try and kill myself working out this morning and I burned 1,019 calories and workout was 2 hr 40 min including w/up and stretchimg. I did CIA Criss Cross Cardio with Sherri Jacquelyn stopping at the stretch, then did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Knockout knockout premix including the core omitting w/up and stretch, then I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme premix 3 day split legs and core starting with the core.

Lora, sorry you couldn't sleep. I have nightmares quite a bit and I usually am afraid to go back to sleep after one.

Debbie, I noticed that you were eating the vanilla yogurt. I was checking labels and was surprised that the Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla had less sugars in it and calories than the fat free plain I was eating.

Linda, glad you dd is alright. They put my granddaughter on antibiotics last week because they had removed a tick and it swelled into a bump.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Lora, I forgot to mention that I am really liking my Lush hair products that I purchased. The Rehab shampoo and the American Cream conditioner left my hair shiny and not flat. I have had good luck with all of their hair products I have tried so far. That combo just seemed to work exceptionally well. And the Rock Star Soap smelled nice. Not sure I care so much for Heavenly Bodies butter cream though.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Lora - I've done a few rotations from T-Nation. Not sure what you mean by "complex rotation" though.

Char - Thanks girl! You NEED TO POST YOUR WORKOUTS! I love reading what you are doing. You are an animal as well, and you know it!!!

Linda - Glad you DD is doing better. How scary!!! Enjoy your rest week! I'm trying to figure out if I'll be taking a full week off or do cardio a few days. My body really needs a break. I feel like I'm overtraining right now. :(

Diane Sue - I'm eating the Light & Fit I believe. It's the lowest in carbs that I've found and there is no fat in it. It is 45 calories, 0 g. fat, 4 g. protein and 7 g. carbs. I like the flavor too. I just wish it wasn't sweetened with Splenda. That irritates me!

Hi everyone...I've been lurking in your thread for a couple of weeks now and I'm not sure who gave the Meatloaf Muffins recipe but I tried it last night for the first time (never made meatloaf before) and it was absolutely delicious!!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the recipe. Its a nice break from chicken and fish:)

Tassha

Welcome Tassha.

Well I just finished running instead. Went along the Greenway. A place in town that is pathed and most runners go there..about 3-4 miles roundtrip. Did it in less then 30 mins. Not sure how many cals I burned though, but running on pavement is harder then elliptical and my lungs burn more. I got some new Puma shoes for Mother's Day so couldn't wait to try them out. Now gonna eat lunch and then do Core Syngeristics cuz I really want to focus on my core area more and I will do biceps tomorrow.

Totally changed my mind and did Coremax 2 and then Stepblast--first two combos then the challenge. I REALLY didn't feel like doing any cardio but once I got going I was having fun.

Randi- your cruise looks like it was wonderful. Nice pics.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~
~AGAIN~
5/7/08

hi everyone. server is down so I am posting from my phone! I did day 1 of warp and did 25 lb DB for shoulder presses and sqauts and 60 BB for parlell squat and 100 lb bowflex pull downs. cario was step with fastfeet for the interval with 14 lb vest. this is all thumbs can handle.

great workouts everyone!!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey & Soy protein drink w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein drink w/strawberries (post workout)
M3: Whipped Vanilla BSN w/oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: 4 oz. chicken in salad w/light Honey mustard dressing & 2 tbsp. sliced raw almonds
M5: Turkey patty; 1 tbsp. raw almonds
M6: 95% ff 4 oz. beef patty; salad w/Parmesan yogurt dressing
M7: 1/2 LF cottage cheese w/yogurt mixed together

[font color=blue]1703 calories
55 g. fat - 29%
197 g. protein - 46%
102 g. carbs - 24%
[/font]

Lora - No, I haven't done that rotation.

Randi: Welcome back:) Love the pictures.

M1: 3 egg white w/ oatmeal
M2: 1 ½ c spaghetti w/6 whole grain crackers
M3: string cheese
M4: yogurt w/2Tbsp of flax seed
M5: turkey sandwich/thomas wheat bagel and mustard
M6: ½ chicken breast w/broccoli and tomato

Posting what I ate today since I have some time right now.

Meal 1: Kelloggs High Protein Plus cereal

Meal 2: tuna fish straight from can

Meal 3: Grilled chicken breast (2 thin slices), yogurt, salad, sunflower seeds mixed in.

Meal 4: Protein Shake

Meal 5: Grilled Chicken Breast, small salad

Forgot to mention that I had a second interview at the Nissan Dealershp today with the Office Manager. We shall see what is meant to be. They are growing and getting so busy that they need another receptionist. That's good news with the state of the current economy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.