Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mon Jan 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did all of the leg & core segments from Amy Bento's A Team Bootcamp (with cardio moves in between while fast forwarding to the next segment) followed by the leg segment in All Pump (45"), Mindy's All About Legs Tubing Segment 15", Tracey Staehle's Core Conditioning (about 13-14"). I then did about a half hour of the Bonus Segments (upcoming clips from her new Step Workouts) on Step 2 Success with Rebecca Small 30", cool down and stretch and then I did Rainbeau Mars Pure Sweat Yoga 30". At the end of the legs/abs/cool down and stretch, I burned 544 calories.

My cardio today was pretty low intensity 120's to 130's HR, as I was learning these segments that I tried today. It was fun though. I can't stop doing them and I KNOW I need to do some higher intensity cardio here soon.

Have great workouts. I'll be back later.

ETA: Almost forgot - Happy New Year!! Let's hope it's a blessed year with lots of good times and lots of good workouts!

Good Morning Maniacs!!

Today is Chest/Shoulders/Triceps and Ab Ripper! See, I am not in a state of confusion today! lol. That is what we are doing P90er's!
I am ready to go with this workout after recovery week. Feel quite rested now.

Things at home going much smoother. FIL jokes about me not liking the smoke. Glad he knows and he respects me about it. He really eats quite healthy which impresses me. Not many do these days...look around ya. lol.

Charlotte~~

Did everyone do to much partying last night? LOL! I had a fire call at 6:30am, woke me out of the best sleep dangit. So I snoozed on the couch for a bit after. I have some good DOMS in my legs. I hope to do cardio and UB today. SHould do some yoga to for stretching.

Char- glad things are settling down. Nice to see someone eating healthy. You are right that you don't see it often.

Lora- your legs should be pretty toasty now!! Good wo.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good Morning
No partying for me last night just stayed at home and relaxed. Havent decided what workouts to do today.

Meg you have got to be super strong to be a firefighter! Especially with sore legs from B&G I don't know how you do it! You should do yoga somthing relaxing today you've worked hard!

Char glad your FIL is cooperating with you, sound like things are going well.
BBL
Randi

Morning,
I did Chest-Shoulders-Triceps from P90X and really enjoyed it. I'll be dialing in the weights for next time to really bring it better. Have a group bike ride this morning if it's not too cold. If no one shows, I'll ride later, maybe a Cardio Coach?

Lora, glad you had a fun workout.

Char, sounds like you're doing good with FIL.

Maeghan, sorry you got woke up with the fire call. Hope no one was hurt.

Randi, have you seen Cathe's January rotation? She posted it last night.

BBL,

Jeanette

Happy New Year My Fit Friends!!!

I just want to start off by saying it's nice to start off the new year with such fit friends. I know I say it all the time, but you are all so motivating.

No partying for me either last night. I wonder how many people have hangovers this morning?

Lora - You sound relaxed today. That's great. You're starting off the new year with a great new job. So much better than last year.

Char - I'm so glad things are going better with FIL than anticipated. That's what happens when you anticipate the worst! :p And you're not confused anymore about our workouts. Whew!

Meg - Sorry you were awakened so early! I also hope nobody was hurt. What a way for them to start off their new year.

Jeanette - I was going to BRING IT earlier but I actually got Gizmo to sleep in a little bit later so I thought I should take advantage of that and my last day off of work. So I'm getting ready to do it now. No more slacking for me!

Randi - I hope you have a great workout whatever you decide. You've done great so far!

We have LOTS of snow shoveling to do today. I think DH is going to cancel his snow blower order and wait for one at Sam's to come in later.

Hi to all who follow. Off to the basement...

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

First I'd like to wish you all a very Happy New Year! I hope you all have one wonderful year, the best ever! Thank you for being such great friends! This checkin is priceless!

This is the year I master one-arm push ups. I started this morning just trying to get my form correct. I started on my knees and was able to do 5 a side. Then I tried them on my toes. I was able to do 4 reps each side but could only go down 1/2 way. VERY HARD!!! I will get these. My goal is 10 reps a side with perfect form.

I did upper body today. I did 2 sets/18 reps with 2 minutes rest between each set. This is what I did:

Regular pushups: 2 sets/18 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flies: 30's
Barbells Rows (underhand): 50#
Lateral Raises: 15's
Barbell Curls: 45#/17 reps; 40#/14 reps (This was hard! Should have went lower with the weight)
Lying Barbell Tricep Extensions: 40#

Then I did ab work:
Knee raises on Power Tower w/#3 ankle weights each ankle: 15 reps
Woodchops on Stability Ball: 15#/20 reps
Hips lifts with oblique tilt: 20 a side
1 minute planks

Did this twice, abs were really burning.
Workout was 1hr. 3 min., was in my zone for 15 minutes and burned 183 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts if you choose to do one today! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Good Morning,
I am not sure if and when I will do my workout. I stayed up with dh till 5 am watching old twilight zones. The puppies went to bed late but they knew it was time to eat and at 8 they were wimpering. No one is coming over today so maybe later I can get in a workout and do some household tasks. Tomorrow I have grandchildren and one is having a sleepover:)

Charlotte, I knew you and your fil would figure out something. From your discription he did not seem like someone who would want to impose to much:) I am glad to hear things are working out.

Maeghan, that is to bad that you were woke up this morning. I hope you get some more rest later.

Lora, your workout might have been lower intensity for you but you got a great calorie burn and some good core and leg work in. Sometimes the lower intensity work is good. It burns calories and you aren't being so brutal on your joints.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I ended up doing B&G ankle weight abs and S&H Legs and Shoulders. I went has heavy as Cathe on the legs and shoulders. I really like slow and heavy I can feel it so good in my muscles:)
Does anyone really use the stickers on their calender?
Talk to you later
Have a great day
Randi

Randi - Great workout. I just saw somebody posted where Cathe posted her January rotation that they just got done putting all of their stickers on the calendar. I don't have the calendar so I don't know what that means. :) But I guess somebody's using them.

I'm still working my way to the basement...

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Hi Randi,
I have the calendar but need to hang it up.

Suz, must be a long flight of stairs. Let us know what you think of Sh-Ch-Tri today. Scarecrow was hard for me. I thought of you and your shoulders. I went light for those and for anything I was worried about. I figure I can "bring it" better next week. I'm happy to be working out strength again. Don't forget AbX today too. My DH is going to do it with me }(

Jeanette

Just checking to see what you all are doing. I am off to the workout room.

Netta, I remember the throw the bomb move with a dumbbell. Have you done that one yet. I would think that might be a little tough on the shoulder. I can't remember which phase that was in.

Suz, how many things did you find to do on the way down those stairs? :7

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs! I FINALLY got my DVD's and will do BM2 today. I also got the Cathe Calender. Not sure if I'll use the stickers. There's just not enough to make it worthwhile to me. If anyone wants them let me know.

Anyhoos, I had a great time on my vacation! We did alot of hiking at point Lobos and Big Sur, what unbelieveably beautiful scenery! We also rode our bikes along the 17 mile drive. It was a nice little 20 mile route from the house down along the coast and back. Georgous! Georgous! I'll try to post some pics of it. I won't put the ones of me in, because I look like such a nerd it's really, really, really, embarrassing! LOL! I realized I seriously need some "real" biking clothes if I don't want to look like such a dork. LOL! It was the Grey Whale migration season and we saw tons(well not tons, but alot) of them. It was so cool! We also saw ALOT of Sea Otters! This is the 5th time I've been there and I've never seen so many Otters. They are a riot to watch. Then we saw the usual Sea lions and Harbor Seals. I loved it!

Oh! Las Vegas was ok. We went there to see a bowl game. Sadly our team (Oregan Ducks) lost. So, it was kind of a drag after that. I didn't do any gambling. Too afraid of wasting money. We stayed at the Venetian Hotel. THAT was a nice place!

Looks like you all are still doing great on the workouts. I can't imagine doing P90X during the holidays! I've been terrible at my eating the last little while. Funny thing is, I haven't gained a pound. But, I do feel fatter and less toned. Good thing is, I've jumped back on the wagon and strapped and glued myself in real tight, right up front! LOL! Fridge and cupboards are clear of any junk food. I've still got to go to the store and stock up on healthy stuff.

EDITED TO ADD: I've uploaded Pictures of 17 mile drive in my "Bike rides" album.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

You guys are funny! Would you believe I STILL haven't BROUGHT IT? Well, here's what happened on the way down that looooong flight of stairs. DH was going to shovel and I was going to help but after bringing it b/c I didn't want to be too worn out. He decided that the snow would be too icy if it started to melt so he wanted to do it earlier. He said I didn't have to help (but I felt bad) and our neighbor saw him out there (and it WAS icy) and called and said to come and get his ATV with snow plow on the front. He also said that their dogs got our last night - climbed right over a snow drift. One came home the other didn't. So they went out looking and found her on the interstate. She'd been hit and killed. :( Those dogs were so close and my neighbors are gone a lot so they are all each other have really. So that made me think I should check our fence line for drifts. Hadn't really thought about it since our dogs are in and out so quickly. We had one drift almost to the top! So now I feel like a bad mom. I went out and shoveled it all the way down. My dogs could have walked right over it. I couldn't see it b/c of the trees. Then I went and got gas for our neighbor's ATV (which he said wasn't necessary, but of course it is). So I know you don't believe me but now I'm gonna bring it - with Ab Ripper too.

Suz

Welcome back Bionics! Glad you had a nice time. Missed ya!

Suz,

I hope you survive todays workout cuz it is a tough one. I could only get down slightly for the one arm pushups. I am also feeling extra weak today. If I take too much of a break (week or so..this always seems to happen..next recovery, I won't have a recovery but 2 days at most) So anyhoo, the clapping pushups..forget it. Didn't happen. I did not want to smash my face into the concrete floor..no thank you. I went with light weights today...I think with this workout, you almost have to, for the most part. Maybe next time I do it, I will do better?

Speaking of doing one arm pushups...YOU ROCK DEBBIE!!!!

Charlotte~~

You guys shouldn't have believed me. I STILL have not done my workout. One of my instructors just called me. She's the only one who calls me at home (the only one who has my home number). I usually don't answer it but DH did. I've been on the phone for 1/2 hour. I don't know why she doesn't call me at work. She teaches our dog training classes. I just saw my neighbor pull in her garage. She was teaching yoga. I hope that helped her feel a little better. Poor thing. :( She works at a florist - she's the manager and her mom owns it. I think I'll call there tomorrow and order her a plant or something (I'll try to talk to her mom since she'll know what Shareen likes).

Char - now you have me NERVOUS about this workout. I really shouldn't read what you all have to say about these workouts before I do them.

Debbie - YOU ROCK with those one armed pushups already. Wow! You'll reach your goal in no time!

Suz

Wow..

Happy new year and such sweet things to say Debbie and Suz! I agree great group, with great spirit and great diversity and total maniacs to boot. You can't get much better than that!

My New year's evening consisted of watching the fantasia Barrino story on Lifetime last night. For some reason I feel like watching Lifetime all day...either that or Law and Order.

Suz...that is so sad and it breaks my heart about the neighbors dog, I guess with the wind and cold that snow gets really packed and climbable, I would have never thought. We have an invisible fence, strictly because my anxiety about the dog running away was getting traumatic, so I had to splurge a few years ago, and I'm so happy I did, Zeus goes nowhere near the line.

Dallys...so glad you are back! sounds very cool, and I'm gonna check your pictures out. What is wrong with looking like a dork...you should see me with my black workout socks on LOL;-) ;-)

P90x'ers...OH NO did I hear more pushups, I was finally starting to feel comfortable now more pushups, one armed!! Ok I'm procrastinating this one, but I really have some work to do then will bring it!!!

Debbie, how cool that your goal is one-armed pushups and it looks like that was added to our rotation this week..it must be carma.

Randi, I still did not get my calendar...great workout!

Meg, we should call you supermom...firefighter maniac!

Diane Sue...I remember loving the twilight zone and watching it with my grandmother. you brought back sweet memories. I saw a pix of your husband when he posted recently on OD, he reminds me of a younger version of this guy I see on the History Channel (DH's fav) I don't remember his name but the show is a comedy approach to military history that is very sarcastic.

split pea soup on the stove, gotta run.

Amber

Happy new year and such sweet things to say Debbie and Suz! I agree great group, with great spirit and great diversity and total maniacs to boot. You can't get much better than that!

My New year's evening consisted of watching the fantasia Barrino story on Lifetime last night. For some reason I feel like watching Lifetime all day...either that or Law and Order.

Suz...that is so sad and it breaks my heart about the neighbors dog, I guess with the wind and cold that snow gets really packed and climbable, I would have never thought. We have an invisible fence, strictly because my anxiety about the dog running away was getting traumatic, so I had to splurge a few years ago, and I'm so happy I did, Zeus goes nowhere near the line.

Dallys...so glad you are back! sounds very cool, and I'm gonna check your pictures out. What is wrong with looking like a dork...you should see me with my black workout socks on LOL;-) ;-)

P90x'ers...OH NO did I hear more pushups, I was finally starting to feel comfortable now more pushups, one armed!! Ok I'm procrastinating this one, but I really have some work to do then will bring it!!!

Debbie, how cool that your goal is one-armed pushups and it looks like that was added to our rotation this week..it must be carma.

Randi, I still did not get my calendar...great workout!

Meg, we should call you supermom...firefighter maniac!

Diane Sue...I remember loving the twilight zone and watching it with my grandmother. you brought back sweet memories. I saw a pix of your husband when he posted recently on OD, he reminds me of a younger version of this guy I see on the History Channel (DH's fav) I don't remember his name but the show is a comedy approach to military history that is very sarcastic.

Lora, I'm sending you good vibes for tomorrow.

split pea soup on the stove, gotta run.

Amber

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.