Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mon Dec 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs-

Ugh....Monday. I overslept a bit and got started late. I did Drill Max Leg Blast Premix. I should have previewed it last night -as I wanted a more of a leg workout than this. I skipped a couple of the cardio blasts (running late). I used my 8 pound med ball when they used the fitness ball and I put ankle weights on for the glute squeezes. I burned 330 calories in 58 minutes. I didn't think I was getting a good workout when I was doing it....but shortly after...I began feeling it in my thighs and glutes.

I don't know what it is with me lately, but when I'm working out...I get "out of my head". I don't know if it's from the endorphins or what. I know I have a lot of pent of agression and stress to release when I workout and sometimes I zone out and get past the point of feeling anything and I just start working out harder and harder and I don't think I"m working hard. I know I did this a lot doing P90X...both with weighted workouts and aerobics. I've noticed I did this towards the end of last week....cuz I kept thinking I wasn't working out hard enough....and then by the end of the week I was pretty sore. Does anyone else get like this? I know - you ladies probably think I'm crazy!!! LOL. (I already know I am).

I gotta get going. I'm running late. I'll try to check in from work. Just me and the boss there this week. Charles is on vacation. It's gonna be a rollercoaster ride all week!!

Have great workouts.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I rested. Today is day 1 of P90X! Lots of pushups..oh, my!

Lora,

I don't workout like that USUALLY. I have had a few times when I just loved feeling the energy...like after Imax 2 and decided to run afterwards. I let my body tell me how much and when I should workout or not, etc. If I am too sick, I will not workout. I think I go crazy with weights though, but if I can do it then I will. I try not to set limits of what I can and cannot do. You do what suits you too. I can't believe how much you burn off though on most days. WOW!

I will check out the shirt. Thanks! Gonna order more imps today. Forgot I have some Christmas money to spend and want to get the new one Beth put out since I forgot. No salons though. Too expensive. If I want imps, I got to pay $82. Just too much right now.

Charlotte~~

Morning all..
Lora , you are not crazy. I get zoned out too. I always feel like i need to do more..
I am heading on to this months rotation. I will switch the legs this week. I already did the B&G, so i will GS legs in it's place.
I have never dona a rotation. This is all planned for me. I might like it...
So, tonite is the drill max cardio blast premix and LIC abs.
Good luck p90xers... Hope you have great results...
I gotta get a good month in.. Well 6 weeks... Then as you know 2 definite weeks off then some lighter cardio and maybe non weighted legs for 2 weeks , then if dr. allows i can start increasing again slowly. It will be like starting over. Oh, my... Summer, beach...

It is 18 degrees here. WOW, cold....No bike rides for me....
Dec is hitting with a bang.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good morning ladies!

Taking kids to the doc today. Will be another busy day. WIll WO when ever I get a chance to breathe! Still debating on doing LB today, or waiting another day and just doing cardio today. Of course, I will let you know!

Char (and others)--Good luck on the first day of P90x and all those dang pushups!!!

Anne- snow here this morning! It is cold!

Lora- Sometimes I feel like that, like I am not really working hard, or I ddin't do enough, but in the end I realize I am doing just fine. Just listen to your body.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good morning,
Not much time to post this morning, P90X Chest & Back was really good and the Bowflex worked good for the pullups. AbX was a killer. If this doesn't firm me up, nothing will! I have a massage tonite so something to look forward to tonite!

Anne, Cathe's Dec. rotation looks good. I may go back to it after P90X, we'll see. Hope you are feeling better.

Char, way to go on the 1st day of P90X. I'm definitely fatigued but in a good way! I'm looking for lots of improvement. I'm still dialing in my weights to use.

Lora, as long as you are enjoying your workouts, then go for it zoned out or not. Hope your week will go by without incident from your boss. She'd better behave!

Hi Suz! Will check in later for a report on C&B.

Maeghan, hope your little ones are better today and no pinkeye.

BBL

Jeanette

This morning I did all of Cardio Coach #1 (love this one, lots of short sprints) and then did bits 'n pieces of Cardio Coach #3 (mostly the sprinting and steady states). Love the music in CC#3, the guitar riffs sound a lot like Santana's work. Loved these two workouts together, got a great sweat going.

Workout was 1 hr. 2 min., was in my zone for 48 minutes and burned 332 calories. Went 2.67 miles.

Lora - I get that way a lot. Yesterday was one of those days. I just was flying with my workout and didn't want to stop.

Hi Anne, Meg and Char! And all to come! Char - have fun with P90!

Hope you all have great workouts and a great week!

Good Morning,
Today I plan on doing Body Max 2 through the power circuits, then Drill Max Cardio & Lower. I have to go to dd house to wait for her new refrigerator to be delivered this afternoon. Tomorrow morning is the vet and shots for my Mudd puppy. So I have to either get my self out of bed earlier or shorten up these workouts. I feel extremely tired this morning so I am hoping once I get started things move right along:)

Lora, I looked at my notes and Super Set lower blast is 23 min. plus 4 min w/ip and 5 min str.. Also the Body Blast Timesaver #5 has a good lower body workout.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good morning
Today I am doing gym style bbs. I'm following this months rotation. I started on Sat. and my legs are so sore. At least today will give my legs a break:)
Have a good day
Randi

Debbie,

That was a nice workout you did! ALthough I have no idea where I am at at burning calories since I am SUPPOSE to wait for Christmas for my hrm. It is already wrapped up and under tree. I have been known though to unwrap gifts in secret only to wrap them up again! lol. I did this once when I was alittle girl.My grandmother teased me about what she was getting me and I had to know so I excused myself from dinner and grabbed the present and took into the bathroom and found out what it was.

Randi,

Great workout! I can tell you like working legs.

Storm,

Cold here now. No snow yet. It is coming. Love living in Virginia..more sunshine then PA, but PA is beautiful too. Enjoy your workout. Sounds good.

Meg,

Have a good day. I am sure we will here back from you later as you decide what you will do.

Netta,

I haven't did the workout yet!!!! Silly!!!:p I am doing mine around 1pm EST. YIKES!

Suz and Amber...READY???????? LETS BRING IT ON!!!!!

Diane Sue,

Very nice workout you have planned out. I am sure you just need to find your battery and you will be charged up again. Where is your red cape? Put that on too. lol

Charlotte~~

Diane Sue- duh.....how could I forget Body Blast Timesaver. I used to do that Leg workout a lot.

I'm so mad right now. I HATE doctors. I just called my MD to get a few more days of my antibiotic cuz I finished them on Friday and now my sinuses are getting worse. I already knew I would need a longer dose to get rid of the infection - cuz I ALWAYS do. He's making me come in and I already have an appt with him scheduled for a couple of months for my cholesterol check. I HATE going places after work. I'm so pissed, cuz I can't take anything besides what I'm on or I'll get other problems (know my body....I'm not an idiot). It's NOT like I don't have severe pansinusitis and polyps all in my throat and sinuses and need surgery!! It's NOT like I don't have any problems and I'm just asking for antibiotics. I'm not happy. I don't have all the freakin' time in the world to go sit my fat butt in a doctor's office after a MONDAY at work. OKay, DONE venting! but still not happy.

ETA: If I have to even wait for 15 minutes - I'm telling them to go to @!$L!

Good morning!

It's time! Question for Diane Sue/Dallys - when doing doubles he has you do cardio in the am. Is this b/c you burn more fat on an empty stomach? I would like to do my cardio in the evenings only b/c if for some reason I can't make it a double day, I can't miss the weight workout. OR, if I decide I have time to make it a double, I can just add in cardio that night. I'm sure it won't be quite as effective, but do you think that's the reason?

Char and Jeanette - yup, I'm ready to BRING IT! Did 15 bicep curls with 20# for fit test. Not near what Char Char, Diane Sue and Debbie can do, but you are all my inspiration. :) I only did 18 boy pushups - I was a little disappointed, but oh well. Goals!

I ordered a pull-up bar b/c my weight machine just sits too low. Not that I think I can do even ONE pull-up right now!

Lora - I forgot to answer you. I have the Select Tech dumbells. I love them - EXCEPT - in one of the new workouts (can't remember which one - maybe Drill Max) where she's going back and forth between weights quickly it's kind of tough because you have to keep switching them and you really don't have enough time. There's another older workout like that too - maybe PUB? Debbie, don't you have these too? I think maybe a set of 5's and 10's or 12's might solve that problem for the new workout since it's lighter lifting.

My friend Melanie is also starting P90X today and I'm trying to get her to check in with us. She's a maniac too and looks amazing. So let's all pressure her to check in here!!! Come on Mel!!! She lives about 45 miles south of here in Colorado so I rarely get to see her. So it would be nice to see here here. :)

To the basement...

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Morning Maniacs! It's a nice toasty 12 degrees here this morning! I'm going to start the December rotation also today. So, it's GS legs. I guess we have Anne and Randi doing it too? I need to get tickets for a Eric Clapton concert today. They are supposed to go on sale today, but I don't see that they are yet. I saw him a few years ago and it was one of the best I'd ever seen. I must go again!:)

Lora-Sometimes I have things going on in my life that my workouts just fade till the end. It's like I don't even remember them. So I think I didn't get in a good workout, but then later, I realize I did. Dang you having to go back to the Docs for a more medicine. I hate that. You'll just sit there like *forever* and then they'll give you exactally what you wanted over the phone.

Char- Good luck with all the push-ups and pull-ups! You are going to love it!}(

Anne- So we are on for the Dec. Rotation?

Randi- Same with you? Dec. Rotation? Sounds like you might be ahead of us.

Meg- Let us know what you end up doing. Have fun with the boys at the Dr. (if that's possible).

Jeanette- Great going of doing your first day of P90X. Glad the bowflex worked for you. Thanks for the info. on the riding clothes. I printed out what you wrote on another thread. Maybe if I get a few pieces at a time, I'll be prepared for next winter. I have tons of horseback riding winter clothes, but I might look kinda dorky riding in a long Aussie coat. LOL!

Debbie- I'm thinking we could put different segments of the various CC's on a playlist in our Ipods. We could like, make up our own workouts. I'll have to investigate that. I know it's possible.

Diane Sue-sounds like you have a couple of busy days ahead of you. Not to fun waiting for a fridge. LOL!

Suz- I think he does have the cardio in the morning to burn more fat calories, BUT, I wouldn't worry about that. I'd do like you said, just in case you can't fit in a workout later. I hear it really isn't proven that cardio burns more in the morning on empty. I know some people did both doubles in the morning. I think Diane Sue did it this way? Could be wrong.

Mel!!!!!!! Come join us!:) We need another crazy here!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Suz,

I did 26 pushups for the fit test yesterday..same way you mentioned. I didn't do any curling cuz I already know what I can curl. My arms were still sore yesterday. I got 0 for toe touches. lol. Bad..need improvement.

Lora,

Sorry to hear about all the aggravation with just getting the meds you need. Stupid stuff like that drives me mad! Hate waiting in a doc's office when they can just call over the phone. Waste so much of your time.

I ordered some gc imps: Shoggoth, Shub Niggurah, Lolita, Aizen Myoo, Siren and Morocco.

Now I got to dry my hair, put on my face and go pay bills.

Charlotte~~

Me again. About posting a picure in your post. Right click on picture. Copy the Url address, then paste it in your post. Add in [ img ] in front of the address and [ /img ] in back of it.

Use brackets instead of the < > signs. Like the bracket before the br For some reason it want let them show. [

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Lora, I hope you feel better, just went through the same thing last spring..when I needed another antibiotic for a sinus infection. Not only do you feel miserable...but then you have to sit there and wait and you know it's just a matter of a phone call to the pharmacy.

Suz, Char...yes will be bringing it at 3 or 4 today. I wanted to squeeze in chest this morning, then do abripper tonight but I am still working on a brief since 5 AM. Did pictures and measurements yesterday. Maybe step son will workout with me tonight.

Char I'm only a zero too!! you are not dumb, I had to read that 3 times before I got it.

Ok...have to get back on the server and finish writing.

Mel...come check in with us, these ladies make me smile and laugh and inspire me to keep moving!

BBL
Amber

ps....not doing pullups, DH told me I can't use the lat tower for that because it's unstable. bummmer, will have to order a door one.

are chin ups the same as pullups?
suz, what did you order for chinups??? let me know. I'm not thrilled with looks of those door ones.
Amber

Deb - Does your HRM only count the calories you're burning once you reach "your zone" or does it do it from w/u to c/d like mine? I bought a Polar once and it didn't start recording calories burned until your HR went past a certain number.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.