Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mar 11,2008

WD

Cathlete
I didn't see where a post has been started this morning. I started todays workout with Tracey Staehle's Walking Strong. I added a little time to make 4 miles. I will do some 4 Day Split Upper and a stretch when I come home from taking my granddaughters to school.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I can't believe how sore I am from yesterday's workout. My entire upper body is screaming at me today. Woo hoo!!!

Today I did Cardio Coach #7 but just did challenge #1 and #2. Had an excellent workout.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]55 minutes
46 minutes in zone
341 calories burned
3.6 miles travelled
[/font]

Ran 4 miles with the boy in the jogging stroller. My legs and glutes are fried for some reason. Must be PMSing. Speaking of PMS/Aunt Flo...Do any of you guys feel incredibly weak in the legs and joints while working out a week or two before Auntie comes?

Not to get political here but it has to do with my state...I hope that beady eyed magoo Eliot Spitzgag resigns. Not looking forward to his nutty Lt. Gov. to take his place if he does resign. Just what is wrong with politicians nowadays? Freakos. Just wanted to get that off of my chest. Just excited he got his sorry ass busted. :p

Lisa

New to the forum - you can call me rookie Ally! Can you enlighten me about cardio coach - also the rotation from yesterday?

Morning Maniacs,

Today was cardio so I did CC #2 revised doing challenge 3 two extra times. I also tried to increase my speeds a little on everything. So it looked like this 41 minutes, 3.31 miles, average HR 161 and 558 calories burned. Was a good run this morning.

Debbie - I know how you feel. I felt just like that last week, funny thing is I don't have that today after the supersets. WTH?

Lora - Where's Lora? I hope she's okay. So unlike her not to be here first.

Ally - Welcome Ally. Cardio Coach are guided audio workouts that you can do while using any cardio equipment or even running outside. You can find out more at cardiocoach.com. Also what rotation are you referring to? For the most part we are all doing different things. So it depends on who you are asking.

Nice job on the workouts everyone.

Linda

Hello Maniacs,

Where is Lora??? That's odd that she hasn't posted this morning.

I will be doing my w/o today with some added cardio, I've been very slack with the cardio here lately. I would love to get an eliptical or a treadmill, but a good one, so I can start doing these CC's and Itreads! Trying to save for one. Maybe if I work a deal with hubby in letting him get his leg press then I could get my treadmill or eliptical. }(

May have to go look at some this weekend.

Linda your cardio is looking good, are you doing good with your chocolate cravings??? I'm doing better, still need to improve my eating, I know that if I would cut out the bad carbs I could see a big difference along with what I'm doing now. Need my water intake too. Linda I think I'm gonna do your suggestion with my water and just add a little bit of juice to it to give some flavor!

Hope you all have a great day and I'll be posting my w/o later!

Hi Ashumate,

Sorry I didn't see your post until just now from yesterday, thanks for the info on the Joico, I'm ready to try anything at this point.

Welcome to the forum by the way. What part of the Carolinas are you from?

I finished my workout with 4 Day Split Chest, Back, Biceps and Triceps. Then I did Flexible Warrior Athletic Yoga Run segment. Tomorrow I will do shoulders and abs. I have to get going to have time to stop at the grocery store before I make my 3 school trip to get grandchildren. BBL

Ashumate, welcome to the check in:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning Maniacs!!!!

Missing Lora. Where is she???

Today is Total Body from P90X so will get right on it here in a few.

Ashumate..WELCOME!

Lisa,

Yeah, I tend to feel weak just about everywhere about a week before TTOM. Today I feel like I have the energy of a 2 year old so I know I am gonna have me a good workout.

Sandy,

I will post pictures after I am finished with the X. Glad to hear your hubby sees progress from all your hard work.

Debbie,

I am not a bit surprised you are so sore from all the reps and the heavy weights. You go, girl! Great cardio burn today you had. I decided that when I get done with the X workouts, I am gonna follow along with a good rotation from you and include some of the X style with more pullups and pushup and add in more plyo type leg work as well as weights for legs. I think you have always had good workouts to follow, but I just want to lengthen it a bit more and add on for my own personal needs so I can be stronger in the areas I need to improve on...like shoulder and chest, but keep the back going strong with all the crazy pullups.

Linda,

What speed were you going for your cardio? Girl, that is a nice endorphine high you probably have going now burning that much! Way to go!

Char - Great workout! Was wondering where you were today. Let me know when you need a rotation. I'll see what I can come up with. This one that me, Linda and Sandy are doing is da bomb! It's similar to the STS series. I'm getting sorer by the minute here! Yikes!

Linda - I know, you'd think when you do that 18 rep crap with supersets that you would hardly be able to move the next day. Not so. Not sure why. Great job on the cardio!

Nice workouts everyone! We are all smokin'!!!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Swiss Muesli; Banana Nut Bread shake
M3: Turkey meatloaf; 2 tbsp. walnuts
M4: 1 whole hard boiled egg, 3 hard boiled egg whites
M5: 95% ff beef patty; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power PB

[font color=blue]1778.5 calories
48 g. fat - 24%
153 g. protein - 34%
187 g. carbs - 42%
[/font]

Hi Sandy, I am from South Carolina. I was curious about the rotations that you and Debbie are doing. I tried Debbies post from yesterday with the 3 sets of 18 reps, however, I am nowhere close to the weights you all are lifting. I was curious where the entire rotations may be posted.

thanks - good luck with the Joico. It really works well. I have had really curly dry hair my entire life and been through it all.

I also use Sebation Potion #9 as a leave in conditioner before I apply styling products. It is also really good.

Char - In my opinion, I don't run fast at all and where my treadmill gets that number of calories burned I have no idea. It certainly isn't getting any information from me. So I think that number is wishful thinking. But it sure is a lot of fun to pretend it's real. But the true answer is for my hill climbs which is all I had today i did at 6, I normally do them at 5. And my rests and steady I did at 5-5.2. I normally drop to 4 for rest. I was a true maniac on my treadmill this morning. I figured I am never going to get fast unless I start going faster.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I have no idea what my incline is because my treadmill doesn't tell. I usually have it at the top or almost to the top, so I feel the work in my backside.

Linda

Linda,

I like that statement...never going to get fast unless I start going faster! That's right, girl!

Debbie,

Will need the rotation in about a month. I still have weeks 9 thru 12 to complete.

Here's my w/o

Chest
Decline Barbell Press:
35# - 18/18
These were hard! I've never done "decline" and I didn't realize I was supposed to do these with db's.

Back
Bent Over Barbell Rows:
35# - 18/18
Debbie do you see how good I paid attention to the chart??? I probably wouldn't have been able to do 35# dbs anyway, this worked really good!

Shoulders
Bent Over Lat Raise:
15# - 14 had to drop weight to 10# - 4.
10# - 18
Almost didn't get all of the second set with the 10 lb's. OWIE!

Quads
Leg Extensions:
50# - 18/18
Ouch, these burned baby burned!!!

Biceps
EZ Curls:
35# - 12
25# - 18
These are akward for me anyway, so I had to go down in weight the second set, but hey I did something right Debbie and Linda...
Oh how I admire you ladies for the poundage you do!!!

Triceps
Overhead Extension:
20# - 18/18
Burning! I feel pumped.

Debbie thanks so much for these rotations, I feel stronger than ever! Still got a ways to go, but I'm getting there.

Ashumate - Debbie helped me with this rotation. I know she has helped alot of people out, you may want to address her about your needs. You can also look on the rotation page that Cathe puts out, I know Debbie's rotations are there as well.

Have a great night everyone!
Have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.