HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS JULY 19

Good morning -

I started my workout with Hiit DW Pyramid, only going through the pyramid once, then doing PH biceps. I added on a tabata round of reverse curls then did the pyramid a second time and went to PH shoulders with a couple add on tabata rounds of shoulder work in different planes. After that, I did some plyo rounds with tabata and then, triceps (add on tri push ups - regular and side and dips) - and ... so on. Total work time was about 80 minutes. It was a fun workout and pretty challenging. Doing the pyramid hiit with a weight work break in the double wave was - well ... I don't really want to use the word "easy," but it was very manageable.

Cardio today. Needs to be low impact, so I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do yet. Need some yoga within the next couple days, too.

Roselyn - I've been thinking about doing a week or two of STS. Glad you had a good workout.

Hi to everyone else.

Hope you're having a good day.

Lori

Morning Maniacs - My back is still killing me today. I did Lynn Hahn's Total Body Conditioning Circuit for the first time. Today was supposed to be weights, but this had more cardio than weights. I followed the low impact person for the most part. Max HR was 145 and I burned 520 calories in 65".

I'm so sick of working! I only have tomorrow off and then I work all week. My manager said I can come in 1 hour later on Wed....OH BOY. I was thinking about a lot more than 1 hour. I guess she has no sympathy cuz she's on 6 days a week right now due to Lancome being in gift. Oh well, I'll suck it up and take it.

I'm still REALLY upset about the Assistant Manager acting like I'm not good enough for Clinique and bascially telling me I should just go to Clarins. Err!! More drama at work yesterday. I'm taking my nail polish and magazines with me today....and I'm gonna stay at my Bay and hide from those wenches!

Today was Meso 2, Week 3, Disc 19, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. For the life of me I cannot figure out why there are so many chest exercises in this workout. This workout took me an hour and 10 minutes to complete. Had a great workout, though!

This was a Double Wave Load workout. 1st exercise for each body part worked was DWL. Very taxing.

Warmup:
Incline Bench Press - 55#/12 reps

Workout:
Incline Bench Press - 70#/12 reps
Incline Bench Press - 75#/10 reps
Incline Bench Press - 80#/8 reps
Incline Bench Press - 70#/12 reps
Incline Bench Press - 75#/10 reps
Incline Bench Press - 80#/9 reps

Flat Bench Flyes - 25's/12 reps
Flat Bench Flyes - 25's/10 reps
Flat Bench Flyes - 25's/8 reps

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 30's/12 reps
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 30's/10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 30's/8 reps

Incline Flyes - 25's/12 reps
Incline Flyes - 25's/10 reps
Incline Flyes - 25's/8 reps

Seated Front Press - 15's/12 reps
Seated Front Press - 17's/10 reps
Seated Front Press - 20's/8 reps
Seated Front Press - 15's/12 reps
Seated Front Press - 17's/10 reps
Seated Front Press - 20's/8 reps
***I hate this exercise and of course there had to be 6 sets of them.

Standing Lateral Raise - 12's/12 reps
Standing Lateral Raise - 12's/10 reps
Standing Lateral Raise - 12's/8 reps

Bent Over Rear Flyes - 17's/12 reps
Bent Over Rear Flyes - 17's/10 reps
Bent Over Rear Flyes - 17's/8 reps

Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - 45#/12 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - 47#/10 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - 50#/8 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - 45#/12 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - 47#/10 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions - 50#/8 reps
***Wow, this one was exhausting. Really felt the burn here.

Cross Body Extensions - 12#/12 reps
Cross Body Extensions - 12#/10 reps
Cross Body Extensions - 12#/10 reps
***Last set was to failure.

Double-Arm Kickbacks - 10's/12 reps
Double-Arm Kickbacks - 10's/10 reps
Double-Arm Kickbacks - 10's/12 reps
***Last set was to failure.

Hi Ladies-

Just a quick hello for now and I will be back for personals later. No "workouts" over the weekend, but I found some things that seem to make me feel like a human today. I got a new pillow, aleve, more muscle rub, and did some indian club moves. My trap is still sore to the touch, but not throbbing like it has been. Today will be cardio and more indian clubs.

Workout is done. I started with Turbo Fire 55 EZ Class 54 min 429 calories Max HR 167. It was lots of fun. There was 1 60 sec fire that was repeated and two finales on this. It got the HR up there pretty well:D Then I did Pyramid lower body premix pyramid up stopping at the floor work 22 min 139 calories, I followed with Turbo Fire Sculpt 30, 28 min 138 calories. Chalene comes up with some good uses with the tubing. I finished off with TF Stretch 10 12.5 min and 40 calories. Total time was 1 hr 57 min and calories burned was 746. I want to follow the nutrition plan with the Turbo Fire. Starting with the 5 day Fire Up. I will have to add a few calories though so I don't lose a bunch of weight. I will loosely follow the program because I want more strength work and may want to do some other type of cardio once in awhile.
Off to shower and hit the nutrition center and grocery store. I will come back for personals later.

Diane Sue - wish I had to worry about losing too much weight. I'm back on my stupid Frulati smoothie bing....cuz I get depressed at work and want a treat! Plus...I like Frulati cuz I can get ice water with lemon there! I know...how exciting...huh?

Happy Monday Everyone!

I was pretty "active" over the weekend at camp with hiking and swimming, but no formal workouts. :mad: I was going to do a GS upper body on Sat., but I was sleeping like a baby in the cooler weather, so I decided to just sleep in a little later.

Today I am starting 4 DS and did kickbox and lower body this morning. It wasn't overly difficult, but I did get a good workout. My DH is out of town all week, so I have taped some stuff from Fit TV - mostly "dancy" stuff like "Allstars workout" and "Bollywood" dance party. I'm not sure if I will like them, but I figured I would take advantage of having the living room all to myself and get in an extra workout as many days as possible. :)

Lori - What were you thinking with that workout???? LOL. That looks REALLY difficult and I think you called it "manageable". Where do you come up with all of these ideas?

Debbie - Nice workout this morning! I get tired of doing so many chest flys, presses, pushups, etc. I guess I just got burned out on all of the STS chest stuff!!

Lora - I'm sorry you are still having so much trouble at work. I can't believe you are still able to get in such great workouts considering all of the stress.

Theresa - I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Have you gone to the doctor or just waiting to see if you get better on your own?

Diane Sue - You and Lori both did quite the mix today!! I'm glad you took a day off this weekend to "chill" - even if it's hard for you to do!! I hope you get lots of good stuff at the nutrition store!!

Roselyn - Nice workout!! You have a great day as well!

Ok......gotta get back to work now!! I hope to have my home computer up and running tonight or tomorrow. :)

Cheryl

I have to apologize for not being able to do personals. I have been so busy at work lately. I hope you all don't think I don't read your posts, because I do. I just don't have time to comment on them. :(

I am back home. I am starting with Thursday's menu plan for Turbo Fire since I already had some filet mignon thawing. I just finished the egg salad and ate it on a La Tortilla Company low carb garlic and herb tortilla. It was yummy. I would have never thought off mixing mustard and seasoning into cottage cheese as the dressing for the eggs. I picked up lots of yummy things at the store:D

Lora, I had that happen to me for awhile when it was hot and I was taking the children to school. I kept stopping at Sonic by the school and getting myself a coffee shake. Those are loaded with calories and fat. I finally had to make myself stop. The fat was piling on quickly.

Debbie, I have had some really busy days here lately too. Have a hard time getting to the computer. Hope it gets less hectic for you:)

Cheryl, hiking and swimming are pretty good workouts. Sleeping in is nice:D I really did enjoy my relaxed day yesterday. I don't get to do it often:)

Lori, nice workout combo:) Sounds like a tough one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.