Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Hotties Feb 21, 2009

Today I did Cardio Coach #5 and had an excellent workout. I lost another pound this week but my body fat didn't budge. But I'm ok with that.

Cardio stats:
1 hour
1:48 below zone
15:45 in zone
43 min. above zone
524 calories burned
3.5 miles travelled

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Morning Maniacs! Going to take my new bike for a test drive today. DH has a 25 mile route mapped out for me.:cool:

Later and have a great weekend all!

Morning Ladies - today I had to combine back biceps chest and triceps - next week is going to be crazy so I am trying to get more in this weekend.

Chest
Bench Press 20# DBs 12 reps, 25# DBs 10 reps x 2 sets
Incline flyes - 15# DBS 12 20# DBs 10 25# DBs 8

Back
Underhand Barbell rows 50# 12/10/10
One Arm DB rows - 25# 12/10/10

Biceps
DB Curls 25s 12/10/10
Incluine DB Curls 25s 8/10/10

Triceps
Station Dips 10/10/10
Lying extensions 15# DB 10/10/10

Shoulders
Shoulder Press with 15# DBs 10/10/10/
Front raise with 10# DBs 10/10/10

Abs
Hanging ab raises 15
Pike on Plate 15
reverse curls 15
9:00 3:00 8

Nice workouts ;););)

I just finished KPC & abs. Me :D all sweaty need hot bubble bath. I need too run to Sam's Club. You guys have a great day:)

Hi all! My quads and glutes are so sore. But that's a good thing! It is in the deep tissue in my glutes....oh it hurts so good! :p Today will be back and chest.

Dallys...Have fun with your new bike!
Debbie...Hope your dad is doing well.
Linda...How's your DS?

DS had a great game. He played left field and made one of those phenomenol catches that was way over his head. It is so weird because last season he was only 5'8", this year he is 6'3"!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

My workout is done. I decided on using the treadmill so I could finish the first book in the Nora Roberts series that I am reading. I stayed between 4.5 and 6mph and went 5.5 miles. I burned 610 calories. I also did AOS Empire State joint mobility. Then I did STS abs weights and plates with 5# ankle weights which I removed this time for the supermans (my low back is sore from all of the supermans and deadlifts) and I held 3# dumbbells. I then did the non partner medicine ball abs with 10# med ball, I finished with 36 minutes of Lawrence Biscontini foam roller workout. Total calories burned today was 942 45% fat.

Ok ladies - i got the versa grips today and first I thought, gee, how are these going to help. I had already worked out, so I just tried them on and picked up a few heavy dumbbells and they do really help. I had to go the website to read the instructions.

take care everyone.

Hi everyone! DH and I did 1RMs today- we are almost done! I am skipping those weird one starred leg exercises. I can hardly tell what some of the darn exercises are anyway. I'll just guess when I get there. :p

Sonya: That's cool about DS- wow is he tall! He's grown a lot in the last year- bet your grocery bill has gone up. All my DS does is say "nack" all day long (he's 2, btw). Boys can EAT! My daughter eats air. I love that sore butt feeling too. Ha!

Ally: They are great, aren't they? I kind of wondered the same thing when I saw them online but once you figure it out, they work wonders! I am so happy with them- worth every penny.

Linda: Where are you? Hope you are all hanging in there.

Debbie: Hope your dad is continuing to improve.

That's it here- must go finish dinner and RESIST girl scout cookies.

Sonya: That's cool about DS- wow is he tall! He's grown a lot in the last year- bet your grocery bill has gone up. All my DS does is say "nack" all day long (he's 2, btw). Boys can EAT!
.... and RESIST girl scout cookies.

Patti...Yeah he grew alot and I don't hink he's done! But I'm 6' and his dad is 6'3". OMG that's all he does is eat!!!!!!!!!
I ordered some girl scout cookies too...I love the macaroons. Won't have to worry about resisting becasue DS will eat the whole box! :eek:

Hello, Ladies,
yesterday I did Amy Bento's A-Team Bootcamp. I think that's a pretty fun workout. I've been thinking of getting Cathe's bootcamp workout. My birthday's coming up and my little sister asked me what I want. I told her workouts but she doesn't want to get me workouts! Sigh.
I'm over at bf's for the weekend, where there's no workout stuff. I brought a yoga tape to do but his tv is a projector and it's set up in such a way that if I stand in front of it, my sillouhette (sp?) will interfere with watching the workout. I may just make up my own yoga.

Hi Everyone - I am in Tyler so I walked my hills wearing the 10lb weight vest - after STS legs yesterday, I am feeling it :) Not bad though - good kind of pain...can still walk normally so that is good! Also did BC abs.

Diane Sue - I am going to PM you too in case you don't see this. Thank you for the cookie info! I went to Barnes and Noble - they only had March/April issue. I got it anyway but would love to have the cookie recipe. I don't worry so much about carbs anyway, although I am getting more into that to lean out just a bit to make my STS experience all that it can be. I looked online to try to find it so you wouldn't have to type but couldn't. What are they called? Maybe I could find it that way. Thank you!

Shana, here is the recipe for the cookies. Boy since I have been back to logging my food ansd cleaninf up my diet I have lost weight. Happens to me all the time.
Today weighed in at 113.
Chcolate cookies
24 cookies
6 oz dark bittersweet chocolate broken up
3 large egg whits
1 1/2 cups sucanat divided(this is a cane juice derivative that is crystalized and has a lower glycemic index) Has sort of a molasses taste but looks like sugar. (just adding what I have learned since calories are the same as sugar)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
4 1/2 tsp arrowroot powder
Instructions
1-preheat oven to 375 and lightly spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray
2- place chocolate in microwave safe bowl and heat on high till chocolate melts, approximately 2 minutes, stirring once halfway through ; then set aside to cool slightly.
3-Using electric mixer on high beat egg whites till they form soft peaks; gradually add 1 cup of sucanat and continue beating till cramy and add vanilla
4-In separate small bowl combine remaining 1/2 cup susanat, cocoa, and arrowroot powder; then beat in egg whites on low speed
5-Stir in melted chocolate and continue stirring until mixture thickens
6-Place rounded tablespoons on prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes . Cool on sheet pans for 10 minutes before removing to cooling racks to cool completely.
calories 90, fat 3; sat fat 1.5; carbs 16; fiber 1; sugars 14; protein 1 ; sodium 15;cholestral 0

Last edited:
Good heavens - hope you meant 90 calories!! :p Thank you so much for the recipe - I hate that you had to type all of that out though! I really appreciate it. I have some of the sucanat - gives me a good reason to use it. Never even heard of arrowroot powder. I need to log my food. Do you use a program or just write it down? I think I would have a better chance of writing it down but I don't know. Seems like you would eat less just to avoid logging it all down! I am going to make the cookies - I wonder if you could mix some protein powder in. Oh, how many does the recipe make? Thank you again, so much!

Shana, sorry, it is 90 calories lol. I fixed it up and it is 24 cookies total. I would think that it would not hurt to add some protein powder, I would have to experiment but I bet that you could use protein powder in place of arrowroot powder. I think that I purchased that for P90X. I use a free program www.myfitnesspal.com . It is very easy to use. You can find almost anything in it because users enter stuff that they cannot find for everyone's use. It is pretty extensive and you can keep track of calories too.
Yes, I tend to eat less because I feel that I need to log it. It makes me think twice about what I want to eat.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.