Hardcore Fitness Maniacs HAPPY NEW YEAR 1-1-09

ashumate

Cathlete
Morning Ladies:

I am getting ready for the 5k. Should be fun. Then it is football all day - it very cold here in Nashville. Very windy.

A friend of mine wants me to a 1/2 marathon with her in March. I don't know if I can run that long at one time. I have very SHORT LEGS. It would be a good goal. Have to decide soon, it is in March.

Take care all and have a wonderful day!

Ally: Enjoy your 5K today! I have long legs and um, don't think I would run a half marathon. :eek: Running is tough stuff- I always admire consistent runners. :)

Have a happy new year everyone! I did not get up early for KM- will do it this afternoon while the kids nap and DH is around to wrangle them if naps don't work. ;)

SORRY! I posted on the wrong thread- didn't mean to butt in over here, lol. I meant to post on FF's January rotation. :eek: It's only January 1st and I have already lost my mind!

Today was cardio and I did Cardio Coach #2 revised. Had an excellent workout. My HRM was acting up with my last workout so I had my dh poke another hole in the watch strap to tighten it and I tighteded my chest strap. Hopefully that was the problem. It kept my HR perfectly. I'm excited! I really love that watch.

Cardio Stats:
40 minutes
5 minutes below zone
15 minutes in zone
23 minutes above zone
348 calories burned
2.25 miles travelled

The calorie burn still blows me away. None of my other HRM ever read this high.

Have a great day everyone! I'm cleaning and we are going shopping to see if we can get some deals on Christmas stuff.

Ally - Good luck with your run!! Woo hoo! :eek:

Have a great day everyone!!!

Happy New Year! Yesterday I did the biceps/back work - that was fun. Today I think I am going to walk outside - it is a long walk...won't be the calorie burn of a Spinervals (did that for cardio 2 days ago) but it will be a good way to clear my head for the new year :)

Yesterday I got 2 new KBs - 26.5 lbs and 35 lbs. I sort of wanted 44 but tried it in the store and while I could do it, my form suffered a bit after a few so I kept my $$$ for now on that one. I've only done Providence and the 26.5 would be perfect for that - I could not swing the 35 yet, I don't think, for those 2 minutes and do it properly but I could start out and switch. If I think the 26.5 is plenty, then I'll return the 35 and get it later. We'll see. For now, I'm just going to play around with them here so they don't throw the rotation off!

Debbie - glad the HRM worked for you this AM!

Happy New Year;) 2009 can you believe it?

This morning, I did a slow and steady jog & Ab Hits MIS/S&H planks :D This is my first workout, been a long time, boy! :eek: Glad to be back:rolleyes:

stats:
4:25 miles travelled
420 cals burned
60:00 minutes

My 2 boys and Grand children are coming over for dinner, yep! me cooking again. I will check back later. Be Blessed
:)

Debbie: Nice job, where did you get your HRM? I could use one.

Shana: Hi, How did you like Providence workout? I view mines yesterday. I'm going to Walmart tomorrow to bye one KB.

Last edited:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Didn't get my workout in yesterday until 6:00 p.m....but at least I did it right? :)

BACK
Started with pull-ups: wide grip- 2 unassisted (soooo excited I did 2!) 2 chin-ups unassisted then 3/3 assisted p-ups

Pyramid workout:
Pullovers: 25#/30#/30#/30#/25#
Double Arm Rows: 25#/30#/30#/30#/25#

Pull-Ups: 5 wide grip assisted, 5 close grip assisted

Muscle Max workout:
Barbell Rows: 55# - 12/10/10
One Arm Rows: 30# - 8 reps, 25# - 10 reps
Pullovers: 30# barbell - 10 reps, 8 reps

BICEP
Pyramid workout:
Hammer Curls: 12's/15's/20's/15's/12's
Traditional DB Curls: 12's/15's/20's/15's/12's

Muscle Max workout:
Barbell Curls: 40# - 8 reps 4/4 ct.; 40# - 6 reps 4/4 ct.
Dumbbell Partial reps: 10's - 8 partials up then down; 4 partials up then down; 4 reps 4/4 ct. all the way up and down.

ABS
Ab Hits – Power Hour

Debbie...glad your HRM situation is better...maybe that's a sign of a great 2009!...start it off right!

Ally...have fun on your run!

Teddy..nice workout!

Dally....YEAH LSU! That wasn't a game... that was an ass whoopin! :D

Will get on the TM later today. Thinking of tryin out one of the CC I bought DH for Christmas.

My workout went like this:Tracey's Steady State Step repeating the final combo with just Tracey and I burned 413 calories. Then my weight workout and finished with Rumble Upper Body Bag Drills and stretch and followed with 10minutes foam rolling legs. Total calories burned was 953 60% fat
Weights went like this:
All Pump Extreme Multi Joint segment 5# db's and front squats 1x12reps36#
2x8reps 36#
Amy's Slo
Slo Mo cradle side lunge 2x8reps left and right 41# barbell
Slo Mo Timesaver upper body
Stability ball prone dumbbell rows 3x8sets 20# dumbbells
stability ball overhead barbell press 3x8 reps 41#
decline bench press 3x8reps 25#
biceps bonfire on incline 3x8reps 15# dumbbells
band tricep push downs heavy blue challenge pro 3x8resp
Bowflex wide grip pulldowns 3x8reps 160# resistance
Bowflex seaated rows 3X8 reps 160# resistance
single leg romanian deadlift 1x8reps 35# dumbbells 2x8 reps 25's
I need to get showered and to the store so I can get back and bathe the dogs.

Happy New Year Crazy Ladies!

I started my day with Sean.:p Did CC#6. Switched between bike and treadmill, starting with bike. Burned 325.

SORRY! I posted on the wrong thread- didn't mean to butt in over here, lol. I meant to post on FF's January rotation. :eek: It's only January 1st and I have already lost my mind!

LOL! You are welcome to post here anytime.:D

The calorie burn still blows me away. None of my other HRM ever read this high.
That's a crazy calorie burn! It would be great to know which hrm is right. Mines like your old one.:confused:

Yesterday I got 2 new KBs - 26.5 lbs and 35 lbs. I sort of wanted 44 but tried it in the store and while I could do it, my form suffered a bit after a few so I kept my $$$ for now on that one. I've only done Providence and the 26.5 would be perfect for that - I could not swing the 35 yet, I don't think, for those 2 minutes and do it properly but I could start out and switch. If I think the 26.5 is plenty, then I'll return the 35 and get it later. We'll see. For now, I'm just going to play around with them here so they don't throw the rotation off!

You are strong girl! I'm doing just dandy swinging my 18lber.:p

My 2 boys and Grand children are coming over for dinner, yep! me cooking again. I will check back later. Be Blessed
:)

You should open for business. I bet you are a great cook.:cool:

Dally....YEAH LSU! That wasn't a game... that was an ass whoopin! :D

:D Yes, yes it was! Isn't your other son playing for the Sooners? That'll be a fun one to watch too.

I need to get showered and to the store so I can get back and bathe the dogs.

You posted same time I did and it messed up with my multiple quotin posts.:p;)
Have fun bathing the hors...I mean the doggies.:D

You know if you push the on button by all the posts you want to quote, then press quote on one of them, they all show up. It's fun! And I'm going to annoy all of you with it now.:p

Hello Peeps!

Well, so far I have only done biceps, but that's better than nothing, right? I was supposed to do them yesterday though when all I did was Cardio Coach Press Play. I really suck this week! I still plan to do more later but DH wanted to go eat and we had to drop off movies and now I want to go to the mall. :)

Here's my short bicep workout:

Chins
8/8/8
First two and a half in set one were unassisted and after that I had to jump up and lower down slowly unassisted. In the second set I made it up BARELY for the first one and then lowered down as usual. I couldn't even make one up unassisted for the 3rd set but did all the negs unassisted as usual. I'm bummed! I'm supposed to be improving!

Standing Alternating Curls
17.5# 8r 20# 8x2

Standing Alternating Hammer Curls
22.5# 8x2 22.5# 6r

That was all and DH wanted to leave.

Ally - I hope you enjoyed your 5k. I think a half marathon would be fun. I wish I would have stuck to that distance. The marathon is what finally did me in, but I had been running for 20 years at that point. Some people run their entire lives with no problems. My dad has bursitis in a couple places so I may just be prone to stuff like that. I say go for it. There is something about training for and doing a group event like that. You should post about it in OD since there are a lot of runners on Cathe.

Debbie - I'm glad you are enjoying your new HR monitor.

Teddygirl - I hope you enjoy your family. I'm glad you're back to your workouts too!

Sonya - TWO UNASSISTED PULLUPS AND TWO UNASSISTED CHINS? You are my hero! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane Sue - Did you miss your kettlebells today or is it nice to mix it up? Nice workout. I know what you mean about having a smaller dog. Our other ones aren't that big, but Chewie is the perfect little size. :) But as a lot of little dogs, he has a BIG attitude!

Dallys - What a perfect way to starte the new year - with Coach Sean. I must say I love his muscles (see attached). :p

Okay, off to the mall...(as opposed to off to the basement where I really should be going!)...

Attachments

• CoachSean.jpg
    CoachSean.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 18
Okay, was out doing errands and last minute shopping for Christmas get together with DH's family on Saturday. Yup, it's not over yet!

This morning I did 4DS Double cardio. Think I burned 423 calories, can't remember?

SuzMax; Sonya - [B said:
TWO UNASSISTED PULLUPS AND TWO UNASSISTED CHINS?[/b] You are my hero! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say I love his muscles (see attached). :p

Suz...thanks, I was sooooo excited. A month ago I couldn't do any p-ups unassisted! I was pretty stoked! I'm sitting on the couch debating on cardio....thanks for the attachment, I just found my motivation :D
...and yes, biceps are better than nothing!

Dallys...my other DS is only 16. My father is from Oklahoma and I have family in OKC, including an older sister. My cousin is one of the men's basketball coaches at OU. I have always been a HUGE Sooners fan!

OK, I'm gonna go workout w/Sean!

Thanks Dallys- you are so sweet to say that. I admit I've been stalking you guys on and off for a few weeks now. I've been looking at all the check-ins & challenges to try to find a group. But...it's hard to um, invite yourself. Are you all really OK (and please, if this is a closed group, no hard feelings) if I join in? I promise I am a hardcore fitness maniac (DH swears I have an exercise addiction).

Dallys - What a perfect way to starte the new year - with Coach Sean. I must say I love his muscles (see attached). :p

Thanks! I showed DH the picture and told him that I was gonna be working out with Sean a lot more. He just grunted.:D

Okay, was out doing errands and last minute shopping for Christmas get together with DH's family on Saturday. Yup, it's not over yet!
So true. I'm officially getting back on track on Monday.

Dallys...my other DS is only 16. My father is from Oklahoma and I have family in OKC, including an older sister. My cousin is one of the men's basketball coaches at OU. I have always been a HUGE Sooners fan!
oh, I get it now, for some reason I thought you had an older son.:)

Thanks Dallys- you are so sweet to say that. I admit I've been stalking you guys on and off for a few weeks now. I've been looking at all the check-ins & challenges to try to find a group. But...it's hard to um, invite yourself. Are you all really OK (and please, if this is a closed group, no hard feelings) if I join in? I promise I am a hardcore fitness maniac (DH swears I have an exercise addiction).

Welcome to our check-in! It'll be great to have you here. We feed off of each others addictions.:cool:

SuzMax; Sonya - [B said:
TWO UNASSISTED PULLUPS AND TWO UNASSISTED CHINS?[/b] You are my hero! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say I love his muscles (see attached). :p

Suz...thanks, I was sooooo excited. A month ago I couldn't do any p-ups unassisted! I was pretty stoked! I'm sitting on the couch debating on cardio....thanks for the attachment, I just found my motivation :D
...and yes, biceps are better than nothing!

OK, I'm gonna go workout w/Sean!

Sonya - So Debbie's rotation and your dedication did the trick! I'm glad I could be of assistance with your cardio!

Patti - We'd love to have you! I used to be a hardcore before my vacation. Now I'm a hardcore couch potato!!! Welcome.

I got a new wool winter coat at Dillards. It's soooo pretty. I usually don't find a lot that I like at Dillards but I have had good luck with coats. It was regularly $199 marked down to $119 and then 50% off of that. Yippppeeeee!!!!!

Hey Maniacs!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I don't have anytime to chat. My husband has taken over the computer. lol It will probably be that way again tomorrow too so if I don't post, it is not that I am not working out. :D

I did this:

40 mins of cardio on elliptical
burned 349 cals
Traveled 4.4 mi.

I think going to Walmart today was a big mistake. That store was packed and they were restocking the shelves so you couldn't get down half the aisles.

Suz, the rotation I am doing has kettlebell workouts alternated with weight days. Tomorrow I will be doing kettlebells:) I was supposed to do bulgarian split squats in todays workout but I tried two and felt it in my knee so decided to leave it alone. Good job on the chins. Don't you just love those good deals on things:D

Dallys, bathing the horse(Dane) is not that bad. She runs right into the shower and holds up each paw for me to scrub. Only thing is I about have to get in the shower with her to shampoo all of her LOL I get pretty wet. I have a sprayer I use on the dogs. Mudd is much easier though. Then we have all of these floor to ceiling mirrors in the dressing room an Puddle has to shake the water off there:eek: I am always discovering new things on here:) Have fun with that button.

Sonya, my dd went to med school to become a PA at OU. We are OU fans. Now we have fun teasing my dil because she is a big OSU fan.

Patti, welcome to the check in:D

Shana, you are swinging some heavy kettlebells:) I think I could go heavier but since I had the shoulder problem I have been slow to raise above 20#. One thing I will say since I have been doing the AOS workouts and the joint mobility stuff my shoulder has become so much better. Before I started my right shoulder hurt to lift my arm over my head and to pull things off over my head.

You posted same time I did and it messed up with my multiple quotin posts.:p;)
Have fun bathing the hors...I mean the doggies.:D

You know if you push the on button by all the posts you want to quote, then press quote on one of them, they all show up. It's fun! And I'm going to annoy all of you with it now.:p

Dallys - thanks for that!!! I never knew how that worked :)

Welcome - I invited myself into this group...I stalked for a while, then asked if they would mind an extra person!

Diane Sue - I had no idea you had a Dane. I love those dogs! What other dogs do you have? Have you seen the clip that Anthony does regarding KB weight and proper form? For swings, he shows people doing it with weights that are too light and their form suffers b/c their legs are not being loaded enough. I can only do the heavier for leg use and when I actually do the DVD, I may slip quickly back to the 20's! For anything where the bell is supported mostly by shoulder, I use my 10 and am very thankful for that weight! Glad your shoulder is getting better.

Suz - congrats on the chins!

Linda - wow...your family can really make Christmas last! At least you can take advantage of after Christmas sales;)

Debbie - my biceps have been thinking about you today...

Ally - how was the run? I can't even run around the block :confused: I could ride my bike for 100 miles, climb a thousand flights of stairs, walk forever...but ask me to run and I will hide!

Charlotte - good luck with some computer time. DH has his own laptop and sometimes I want to throw it away just so I can get some eye contact.

Sonya - congrats on the chins and pull ups! Awesome. Your pics look great too!

Today was my long, nice walk and abs from Ab Hits - Leaner Legs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.