Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday, Nov. 30th

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is gonna be my rest day too. I got many errands to do. My weight was up to 119 over the last week, but down to 115 today. Happy about that.

My EATS for today:

Meal 1: oatmeal, lite wheat toast with natural pb and fruit
Meal 2: Protein Bar
Meal 3: Chicken, salad or spinach and sweet potatoe
Meal 4: Protein Shake
Meal 5: Meat and green veggie

Penney,

I hope you don't mind my opinion, but I looked at your food intake yesterday, and it looks very good except for the ranch dressing. Just 2 Tbsp equals 14g of fat. I know you are trying to reach some goals so just trying to help. Try some olive oil/vinigrette or even light italian dressing.

Charlotte~~

Today I did Kickbox.I wanted to do some stuff I find fun and love the music to. I started out with TJ Punch Kick and Jam stopping at the cooldown, then I did Absolute Kickbox going for the premix kick box and core, I did this one stopping before the post cardio cooldown and then did Kelly Coffey Cardio Step Box 2 combos 8 & 9(these are the floor kick box combos) and core, then finished with the core of Absolute kick box and stretch. I am going to go do some yoga/stretching in a little bit. Seems like I am not getting in as much of the flexibility work that I would like.

Yesterday I had
breakfast coffee
lunch the soup I posted yesterday, blueberries with cinnamon and 1/2 scoop bsn cinnamon roll protein powder mixed w/ fat free sour cream
dinner salmon, mixed green salad with fat free ranch mixed with salsa, brussel sprouts w/ small amount of light italian dresing
snack small helping leftover lean chili made w/ diet lean ground beef and sugar free hot cocoa with half soymilk and water and a little decaf coffee

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

>Penney,
>
>I hope you don't mind my opinion, but I looked at your food
>intake yesterday, and it looks very good except for the ranch
>dressing. Just 2 Tbsp equals 14g of fat. I know you are trying
>to reach some goals so just trying to help. Try some olive
>oil/vinigrette or even light italian dressing.
>
>Charlotte~~

Hi Charolette! :)

I know that sounds weird, but I am on a ketogenic diet, which is high-fat, high-protein, low-carb (30g). The macros can be alarming (I was alarmed by it at first, took a while for me to take the plunge). The macros to shoot for are 65%f/30%p/5%c. I usually hit 60/35/5.

I lost 4 lbs this week (just got into ketosis this morning, yay!), which is mostly water I know ... but it is good to get rid of the bloat, too.

I love hearing opinions! This is an experiment really. Thanks for your input! :)

Morning Maniacs! Just did a steady state/3% incline on the treadmill.
Need to go chop up some veggies and boil some eggs for salad later today. Planning on leftover homemade Pizza for lunch. It fairly healthy as far as pizza is concerned.

Got an email saying the new P90X+ workouts are close to being ready for purchase. Can't wait for these. They sound awesome! I'm starting a P90X rotation on Sunday. Will probably be somewhat modified like Suz is doing.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Mmmmm, That pizza for lunch sure hit the spot.:9:p

Funny thing at work today...well not really funny, but kinda... one of my customers dogs ate the $100 dollar bill that she had set aside to pay me with. She was able to rescue about half of it in tiny tiny peices. She had that in a baggie pieced together like a sad looking puzzle to show me :eek:. She's going to the bank to see if they will take it and replace it. Anyways, that was a first. LOL!

Penney- like Deb asked, How can you tell you are in Ketosis? It will be interesting to hear how this high fat diet will work for you.

Suz- What rep range are you doing with P90X? Also, are you doing the Classic rotation? I've always done the high rep range and classic, and have never tried the lean rotation. So, I'm curious as to what you are doing.

Debbie & Dallys:
I use Keto sticks to check if there are ketones in my urine. You can get those in the Diabetic section at any drugstore. Low-carb dieters use them all all the time.

Yesterday it showed negative. Today it showed positive. Fortunately my breath isn't stinky, largely because I drink alot of water.

I definitely have the brain fog today. My energy is still good, though.

I lost 4 lbs this week ... which I am very happy about. Mostly water ... but the bloat needs to go away, too ;)

I finished my workout with Flexible Warrior Athletic Yoga doing the energy, swim and run routines. It is 1:30 and I am just getting around to eating so it is more soup LOL Oh, I forgot I had 3 hersheys kisses that came in my aromaleigh naughty kit:)

Dallys, that is funny about the hundred dollar bill. I bet the customer wasn't real pleased when it happened.

Penney, don't they use some kind of strips to tell if your in keto? Or is it just that you are losing lots of water? Just curious. How long do you keep that up? It will be interesting to see how it works for you.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Dallys, O My God about the $100 bill :eek: Yep, I bet they were not pleased now (but will laugh about it in years to come) ;)

Diane Sue, yep you can use Keto sticks to determine if you're in Ketosis. I had a positive reading this morning. That means the glycogen in my liver is depleted, and for energy it must convert free fatty acids into ketones for energy. What you do not use is excreted.

I am interested as well to see how I do on this. There are alot of people who swear by it. I think it is a great way to get fat off of your body as long as you follow it. I do not know if I would stay on this for life (although human bodies have run on ketones for millions of years ;) ) I liked the 40/40/20 but did not lose on it. I maintained, though, so I will likely switch back to that dietary routine once I am happy with my bf% :)

My customer just left and the bank did replace the $100 bill. She told me; If there is a solid peice with the full # in either the top left or bottom right corner of the bill, and partial matching #'s of either, they can replace it. If your #'s are gone or don't match you are SOL. So, she was lucky she had a full #.

Char- I'll be sure and let you know about P90X+. They say they should be around 60$ for all 5.

Diane Sue- Your soup recipe looked great!

Penney- That's interesting about the ketosis. Isn't it similar to a Akins type?

Bionics,

I cannot wait!!!!

Anne,

THANK YOU..THANK YOU!!!!! GOT THEM. Bless you. Appreciate it so much.

Lora,

Got my Madame X lotion today. I never smelled anything like this. Not sure if I like it or not. I will need others opinions.

Still didn't get my Black Lace yet and I have C&S for 2 bpal orders so everything might come all at once. It will be Christmas time before Christmas.

I'm finally checking in. Another hectic day. I got on another organizaing tangent right after my workout. Hopefully, that's it!

I did Patrick Goudeau's Kitchen Sink Conditioning this morning. It was 1:15 and I burned 450 calories. I did a lot of overhead movements with weights and pushups and my shoulders are bothering me though.

I also did Solar Yoga with Shiva Rea...from the matrix...40".

Toasty - I got my Madame X also and I love it. It's creamy and natural. I'm glad I have the oil coming to match. I love vanilla and I got that one too. They are light and not overpowering. You should check out Skwiggs' blog. She was looking small on top (like an ecto) and did a Turbulunce Training Muscle Gain rotation for 1 month........and lordy.....you should see the muscle she packed on. I can't believe it.

Dallys- I checked out Skwiggs' blog and Lordy!! what the heck did that woman eat to pack that muscle on. She looks totally different. I figured she was an ecto from previous pics.....but she no longer looks that way. She's amazing. Thanks for pointing that out. What did the Beachbody email say? I have those DVDs on my Xmas list.

Man! I can't believe November is already gone

#1: 3 boiled eggs, 1 tbsp mayo, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, 1 Carb Master yogurt
#2: Chicken breast, 2 tbsp ranch dressing, 3/4 cup mixed veggies, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, 1 oz mixed nuts
#3: 2 pcs string cheese, 1 Carb Master yogurt, 1 oz mixed nuts
#4: Salmon steak, 3/4 cup mixed veggies, 2 tbsp ranch dressing, 1/2 cup shredded cheese

Cals: 1950 / Fat: 127g (58.62%) / Pro: 153g (31.38%) / Carbs: 34g (6.97%)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dallys: Yes, it is similar to Atkins, but tweaked for bodybuilders. Slightly higher in carbs, making sure there's enough protein to prevent lean mass loss. On days I do weights, I intake a shake w/1 scoop pp & 8 oz fruit juice (carbs & protein). That does not go to my daily total.

Lora,

I will check it out. Well I let dh smell Madame X. He says it is o.k. (lol). Son likes it more. Weird. I am actually starting to like it more myself.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.