Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday May 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Running late this morning.......off to hopefully do All Body Attack ...and it's a long one.

be back later

Good Morning Maniacs!!!!

I didn't get a chance to post my workout yesterday. Ya'll should know how much I brought it to the table and dragged it back again for more. lol.

Deadlifts 150# 3 sets/5 (MOST I EVER DID) I feel like someone body slammed me into the wall this morning. love it!!! he he
Bench 85# 3 sets/3 (wimpy here, but will take it)
Squats 180# 3 sets/5
Lying Tricep Ext 60# BB 3 sets/10..was too easy so kept going. lol
Concentration Curls 40's 3 sets/5
Lat Pulldowns 90# 3 sets/5

Taking off on bike..just for 1 hour..thinking it is 8 miles. Have abs to do too and ebay.

Have a great day!

Charlotte~~

I ended up doing CIA - All Body Attack with Sharon. It was a toughie. I had to even modify parts of it. Didn't have it in me. This has a lot of unique moves where you hold the step and use it as a weight and even do jumping jacks while throwing it up in the air!! You even hold it long ways...which was killer. The ab/core work was particularly tough today also. I don't even remember it from last week (where was my mind last week?). Workout was 1 hour 25 minutes and I burned 530 calories. I don't think I'll do this workout much when I'm working...as it's a bit long. It does have premixes though ...either all weights or all cardio options that are an hour. The stretch was only 3 minutes which I thought was not adequate with the long, hard workout. I can't wait to do my yoga tomorrow. Need it.

I also did Ravi & Ana's Basic & Beyond - Spinal Series - wasn't really into it though. It was getting late and I was thinking about everything i have to do. I don't like when I sleep in like I've been.

Deb - have a nice day off!! You deserve it.

Diane Sue - I hope it stops raining there. It's another beautiful day here -- which are few and far between.
Have great workouts.

Morning Maniacs! It's my DS birthday today. He will be 19!!! I'm feeling that "I can't believe how old I am" thing. LOL! Have to go buy the usual Birthday cake. I'll try to only have a sliver of it.;)
Will probably go on a Mt. bike ride later today. I didn't go yesterday, because I was not feeling well.

Debbie-enjoy your rest day.

Char- Great workout! You brought it to the table for sure!

Diane Sue- I like Gwen Stafani too. She is so cute and her songs are fun!

Jen- I have all of Sheryl's albums. I even have a bunch of bootleg live preformances. I've seen her twice in concert. She puts on a great concert. I can play some of her songs on the guitar. The funnest to play (so far) is "My favorite mistake".

Lora- great workout!
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morining, Today was biceps and abs and then cardio, I did GS biceps and my own ab routine, and then i did BM2 just the cardio section and the bonus cardio, i love the music in this one i think its my favorite right know. I cant wait to be done this GS rotation, im getting kinda board of it,2 more weeks to go.

Diane Sue- Hope the weather gets better for you, so you can enjoy the spring.:)

Debbie- Have fun shopping!:)

Charlotte- Nice workout yesterday, Have a good bike ride

Lora- That workout sounds crazy!

Enjoy the Day!:)

Back from bike ride. It is very hot outside. Locked myself out of the house and had to humiliate myself and ask builder for key..hoping they had one..they did. I would not want to be outside all day in this. I got dizzy some going up one of the steepest hills. Body trying to adjust to heat. Been so cold last month. Abs I still have to do.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Charlotte~~

Hello. I am getting ready to do a step WO. Just haven't decided which one yet. Did any of you see my post from last night?

Char- that is quite funny about locking yourself out!! It was very hot and humid here yesterday too. I still owe you that email.

Lora- very good wo lady!

Deb- you DEFinately deserve that rest day! Have fun.

Dallys- you can't be older then 28!! Happy Bday to your son.

DS- have a good WO today too.

Michelle- that BM2 cardio sounds good actually! Maybe I will do that, and the abs. Love those abs too.

I will be back after my WO. Better get moving!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics to NYC GTG and Christmas Albums 3/6/07

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

I finished my workout. It really took awhile to get going on it. I have had a headache all day. DH decided to chance riding the motorcycle to work. Hope it doesn't rain since the chances were later in the day. I ran 5 miles on the treadmill, did the M&F rotation shoulders and abs, then finished with Amy Bento Abs & Stretch Str#1. The M&F rotation still took an hour and I did not do the Smith Machine Shrugs part(another 5 sets)

M&F rotation
barbell shoulder press 45# 8reps 1 set, 50# 8reps 4 sets
wide grip upright rows 45# 8 reps 5 sets
dumbbell lateral raise 15# dumbbells 8 reps 5 sets
bentover lateral raise 15# dumbbells 8 reps 5 sets
barbell shrug 35# 10 reps 6 sets
dumbbell shrug 15# dumbbells 10 reps 5 sets
hanging leg raise 2# ankle weights 15 reps 5 sets
decline crunch 20# 15 reps 1 set, 15# 15 reps 5 sets
incline reverse crunch 15# medicine ball 15 reps 5 sets

Meghan, way to go. You should be proud of yourself. Those guys huffing and puffing and all. Glad the woman was ok.

Charlotte, Marietta is very busy right now with work. I don't think she will be around much till the end of the month.

Dallys, I have three of Chery Crow's cds and a couple of extra songs downloaded on my mp3 player.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I did BM2 cardio time saver, BM2 abs, and Rainbeau Mars Dawn, bonus yoga workout. Great WO.

Thanks DS. That is amazing how you can do that WO with a headache. Hope you feel better and your DH doesn't get rained on.

Charlotte- it is coming. Just need the time to write it. It will be long! LOL! Miss you.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics to NYC GTG and Christmas Albums 3/6/07

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Maeghan, I almost postponed the weight work. THis heaadache does not want to leave. Just got back from picking up the grandchildren and it is thundering. DH gets off work in 10 minutes. Not a good sign. I think maybe I need some light yoga or something:)

Diane Sue - I'm sorry you're headache won't let up. Mine have been pretty bad lately. "They" say that the rain coming (weather changes) can bring migraines on. I recently bought a Panacea blend (oil) from BPAL called Grr that is for headaches. I've used it a few times when I didn't want to take Zomig and it actually helped. Headache didn't go all the way away but it diminshed very much. I applied it 3 times during the day and after each time, the headache felt better for a while, then started coming back and after the third time, it was mostly mild. If you think you'd be interested, let me know and I can post the link. It's under the Panacea blends ...which are $25 each for 5 ml and there are reviews on BPAL.org. I also purchased Oof ...for sinus pain and Ugh for pain. Out of all of them, Grr works the best for me. Hope you feel better soon.

Lora, thanks. You are so sweet. I think the weather is a huge factor. I am sure I have allergies as well. I have been coughing and sneezing big time. I just think all of the the sinus and allergies has got the migraine going:( As far as trying things that are not medicating, for myself, I have found that some seem to work for awhile. I have tried almost everything I have heard. I would love to find something that was non drug to take care of it. If it helps without drugs for awhile I am for it. I will check this oil out. Many of the headache remedies seem to have lavender in them.

Diane Sue,

Hope you feel better soon. I know how it is with allergies. I hate to take drugs too. Hubby asked me to do something while on benadryl..boy, did I mess that up. I can't not think clearly sometimes as it is when I am on that..lock me up and throw away the key!

I have white light oil from Twilight Alchemy Lab. That has lavender in it and it is very soothing.

Charlotte~~

Diane Sue - I just remembered.....I have the 3 samples I was using before I ordered my bottles. They still have a lot left in them....would you like me to send them to you and you can try them? If so, please PM me your addy and I'll get them out to you. I usually apply for headaches across my forehead, at the temples and down each side of the nose/cheek area and same place for the sinus relief one. I put the Ugh (for pain) on my neck and shoulders or wherever you have pain. Grr doesn't smell anything like lavender though.

Hi ladies! It is my rest night! I think all the rain you guys have been talking about has made its way here! We are supposed to have thundershowers and hail this evening.

Dallys-I saw Sheryl in concert and it was so long ago it was back when she was the opening act for the band Crowded House. I don't like Crowded House that much (but nothing against them either) but I distinctly remember that her act blew me away and I wanted to find out more about who she was.

Lora-Your posts about the oils was cracking me up for some reason..Grr, Ahh, Ugh..etc. It was like I was hearing the sound effects just by reading your post. I am glad to know those work so well for you! You deserve some relief for all you go through.

Meg-You go girl! Your job really humbles me. I just read an article about what it takes to become a volunteer firefighter. The training sounded incredibly intense. The writer got to go through a simulation and described how scary it was, even though it was in a controlled environment. Even though you are working as a team, it must be nice to show up the boys every now and then! :D

Char-What a workout! Oh no about getting locked out of your house! Glad the builder was around!

Michelle-I like the music in Body Max 2 also. It is one of my favorite workouts. There are very few workouts that can actually change my mood-and that is one of them!

Diane Sue-Hope you feel better! I couldn't imagine working out with a migraine. Does working out ever help you feel better when you have them?

Deb-Sounds like you had a nice (and well-earned!) rest day!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.