Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday Jan 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Yay ....it's Friday!! This morning I did P90X+ Total Body and Abs/Core. I had to work out in the dreary basement cuz I needed the chin up bar and I was happy to find a pair of pushup bars down there also. I had to use the chair to help with pullups and I did quite a few of the pushups on my toes....so lets hope my injury doesn't flare too badly. Workout was 1 hour 20" and I burned 548 calories.

I need tips on doing the hanging leg raises, as I'm not really feeling them that much. My ceiling is low in the basement...so you have to bend your legs so you don't hit the floor and it's awkward. Do you ladies think I'm doing something wrong or should I add ankle weights since I rarely feel ab work without weights?

I think there will be a slight learning curve with these for me since there are so many different moves. Once I do them a few times, I think I'll get a better workout.

How's everyone storing their DVDs? I was thinking about getting rid of the cases and storing mine in with my original P90X to save room.

Have great workouts everyone.

Connie - Welcome to the checkin. This is a great place for motivation.

Forgot to mention that my NROL for Women book came and for those that are interested.......it has MANY different exercises in it than the original NROL book.

Hello ladies. Gosh it is freezing here..
I am getting ready to do legs..
I am kinda anxious for the new p0- x since we are all doing them.
I ordered from the bbody site.I am figuring longer since i got the chin up bar. It was 50 bucks . I think it was 114 all together.
No tapes this morning. Just going to do basics and go heavy. I need a couple plates.Might just pick up 25's .
Chest has unthawed finally so i can do ub again tomorrow..

Welcome all the new additions. I stink with names.

Suz, you did weights.
Aren't you like 5'8. And 122 #. Sounds pretty slim to me.I went up a few since i started back the heavy lifting. Probably fluid retention..

My 2008 goal is to catch up to Diane Sue and Deb..

Not 2 hrs a day though (Diane Sue) >> LOL.You my hero..

Well finish my coffee and basement.

I happy. Filled my immatrex and retin a, and we changed insurance. It paid for the retin a ..( save 50 bucks) yippie,, Doc gave me 100 immatrex so i could get 16 and break them in 1/2 and i got my 9's again..
United healthcare stunk.. Literally..Got PPO Blue now.. Laborers union keeps changing..
Take care all...

Good Morning, couldn't get my old laptop to log onto the internet:( Wish HP would get my new one back to me. I started my workout this morning with Kimberly Spreens absolute Kickbox no str, now I am going back and do P90X legs, back, and ab ripper x. Maybe my plus ones will show today. School is still out so I have grandchildren today.

Lora, I think lot with hanging leg raises is form and really concentrating on slow reps and tightening the mid section so the legs don't take over. When I do them as knee raises I usually put a med ball between my knees. Also I think height of legs on the leg raises makes a difference as well. When I get the workouts then I will know what moves they do and how fast etc..

Anne, I don't believe you really have to workout 2 hours to get results. I like to add a lot of stretching and flexibility stuff which tend to extend some of my workout days. I think I could probably use cutting down on some of that cardio as well. I just love doing cardio though. When I had surgury on my knee to remove a cyst I came back working cardio in at 20-30 minutes 4 days a week and doing weights and I had excellent results. I also like to eat to much LOL If I cut back on so much food I can get away with less
cardio.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I will rest. I have a interview today. Not the greatest job on the planet, but I need money..I am running out of villainess soaps and I want some more yoga dvd's, etc. so I gotta work to get those and pay bills..ya'll know how it goes. I need to work evenings. I don't want day shift. Problem is working evenings..after you get started with P90X..you are dead when you go to work. lol. I wonder what the hours will be. I don't wanna work til 11pm. Egads.

Morning Maniacs,

I am still here, thank goodness! Went to the doctor and so far everything looks okay! Had a slight headache and some bouts of nausea yesterday, which I still have this morning. But I still managed to get my leg workout in.

Legs

Front Squats
12 - 65#
12/12 - 70#

SLDL's
10/10/10 - 90#

Plie Squats
20 w/ 2 sets 8 lowends - 55#

Leg Extensions
12 - 51#
12/12 - 52 1/2#
(still blows my mind that Deb does these at 100#, I can't imagine)

Hack Squats
10/10/10 - 55# (form felt a bit better on these today)

Calfs
Calf Raises - 4DS - LIS (what a burner!)

Wanted to do some abs, but was feeling sick by the end. So I did a little on my own using exercises from KPC, couldn't do pikes, hurts my head to be upside down. At least it was something.

Dallys - I am a "bull in a china shop" and am always hurting myself, but I think this was the worst. It's actually the first time I fell working out, usually I manage to keep my feet.

Char & Adina - I am with you on the Biggest Loser. I just don't understand how people get that far before they decide it's enough. Especially since many of my family members are very heavy. I just want to ask them exactly when did they decide that was okay? About 20 years ago I got up to 180# for a short time, lost the weight and promised myself I would never go back and I haven't!

Debbie - Thanks for the kind words. It was definitely the worst fall I've ever taken and very scary. When it first happened I didn't even know what to do. I was dumbfounded. Nothing I want to repeat any time. Hey are you feeling a little left out of the P90X+?

Coni - Welcome! Nice to have you here. I am still blown away that I actually fell yesterday while working out!

Char - Good Luck with the interview. I hope it all works out and you get the job! I'll say a prayer!

Have a great day!
Linda

Today was total body again. Had a great workout. Woke up feeling kind of sick, though. Hope I'm not catching something. Scratchy throat, headache (again), runny nose. I'll be doubling up on my V-C today, that's for sure. My workout made me feel better.

1:30 min. rest between each set

[font color=green]SS #1[/font]
[font color=indigo]CHEST/BACK[/font]
Incline Barbell Press:
95# - 12/12 (up 5#)
superset w/
T-Bar Rows:
65# - 12/12
[font color=blue]***I've decided I don't like T-bar rows anymore. They are way too taxing on my low back. Unless I go light with this exercise I won't be doing it anymore.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #2[/font]
[font color=indigo]QUADS/BICEPS[/font]
Wide Stance Squats:
49# - 12/15
superset w/
Barbell Curls:
55# - 12/12 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Could not go higher with Wide stance squats because I only have 45# dumbbells and I even added my magnets on it. Barbell Curls felt AWESOME!!! Last set was a struggle.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #3[/font]
[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS/SHOULDERS[/font]
SLDL's:
95# - 12/12 (up 10#)
superset w/
Lying Face Down Lateral Raise:
20's - 12/12 (up 3#)
[font color=blue]***SLDL's were suppose to be done at 90#. After I did them I realized I had 95# on my bar. I like this superset.[/font]

That is all.

Hope you all have excellent kick ass workouts today!!!

Anne - It's cold here too! Nice workout!

Lora - Nice workout girl!!!

Char - Good luck on your interview! I can relate to needing money. I just got my hours cut at work. :(

Linda - Nice workout. Do you like front squats? I hate them. I cannot figure out how to do them where they don't kill my shoulders and arms. I always end up with bruising. What do you mean do I feel left out about P90X+? Do you mean do I wish I had the workouts? If that's what you mean, then no, I don't. LOL! Did you get them?

Good Morning Maniacs!!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey's cardio sculpt cardio-only premix...it's a short yet effective workout.

I'll be hitting the weights this afternoon at lunch. Will probably do shoulders and triceps. I'm doing a rotation out of the latest MF Hers magazine...It's a good workout.

Linda - Sorry about that fall...meant to comment on that yesterday. Hope you are okay...that was nasty.

Toasty - Good luck on your job interview.

Dallys - You asked about my food...I can tell you right now what I eat, I'm very routine and can eat pretty much the same thing during the week when I'm at work. People say need variety, I say, this works for me and that's what I'm doing. I don't measure, I just use common sense. Dinner may vary somewhat as well as the weekends. Generally I do the following:

breakfast - Kashi Heart to heart cereal, AdvantEdge protien drink
lunch - turkey Sandwich on Wheat bread, salad
snack - Apple and peanut butter
Dinner - varies, but this week I had Stroganoff (made with extra lean beef) and some kind of veggie.

Weaknesses for me are white cake and popcorn that is sold locally that I cannot resist. I can tell right away when my body doesn't like something and generally if I stop eating whatever caused the issue, my body will respond. Was that TMI??? LOL!

Hi to everyone!!!

Work it Out Ladies!!!!

http://1ww.us/1/Marietta.gif[/img]
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Good morning everyone!

Off to a bit of a late start but am off to do Yoga X. I am really sore from this new rotation so I hope this works some of the kinks out :)

Maybe also a short run later but we will see...

Hope all of you are having a great day!

Coni

Debbie - I hate front squats! Same problem as you they kill my shoulders and arms. I hold the bar more towards the middle like Cathe does, really kills me if I try to hold it with arms crossed. Anyway, when I hold it like Cathe I use the bar pad to provide cushion. Helps a lot. Don't know if I am losing anything this way, oh well, it works.
Yeah, that what I meant by P90X+. Seems like everyone else here bought or is going too and will be doing them together. Except you...and me, because I didn't get them either!:p I don't even have P90X! :p

Linda

Good Morning
This week I did pretty good for being sick worked out every other day starting Sat, then worked out wed and thurs. I still need to get triceps in so I will do that tonight. Has anyone done the weight workouts in the 4DS twice in a row or do you think that is necessary?
I swear I'm seeing better results with less cardio and heavy weight traing with 2 body parts a day:)I do abs 4 times a week for about 15-20 min each time.
Have a great day ladies:)
Randi

Hi Girls!

Quickie check-in. My dad had my computer again all last night. Busy day at work. No workout again this morning. I'm really missing my routine. I'm kind of a freak and with him sleeping in the basement I'm really feeling the need to air it out, you know? So a.m. workouts are tough. I'm such a weirdo.

Yes, Storm, I'm 5'8" and back down to 120! :) I just needed to get back to work. DH just told me he gained TEN POUNDS over the past 3 weeks. He's a fast gainer and a fast loser. He actually has a tough time keeping weight on (which is why he started lifting weights so long ago), so once he goes back to work on Monday and starts eating healthy again, he'll drop it fast - like it 2 weeks! Not fair!

Your workouts are all rockin'! Maybe I'll have some lovely things to post soon.

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hey Marietta!

I'm doing the P90X/P90X+ classic rotation right now but think I will add a bit more cardio to it starting next week.

Hey Maniacs! Haven't had a single second to spare for a workout today. I've been tying to clean but I have this little tinie tiny puppy here. I'm not going to keep it. DH tried really hard to get me to want it, funny, it's usually the other way around. It's a perfect little puppy, slept all night, playful, loves people, gets along with Carma, bla.. bla.. bla. BUT, it's just to much for me. LOL! I swear I can't handle it. It's like a newborn child. It's little poops and pees are so small I can't find them. I'm frantically scoping the floors for accidents...and there have been MANY! This little dog(barely 3 lbs.) goes every 20 freakin minutes! I can't keep up. And then it's so cold out that it doesn't want to go outside.:( I'm a failure as a tiny puppy mommy. I've lost all my mommy (patience) skills. Luckily there is another couple that wants the puppy. They have no kids and no dogs, so it will be perfect for them.

Whew! Glad I got that confession over with. LOL!

Puppy is finally asleep and now I need a nap. I'm exhausted.

BBL for personals...and hopefully have a workout to report.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hi everyone, I have some exciting news, I just got back from the eye dr. and I am a canidate for laser eye surgery, yay. The surgery isn't till the 24th, I am very excited and nervous.
For todays workout it was a toss up between total body and circuit. I've been wanting to do Drill Max so circuit it is. I hate working out this late.

Linda - glad you are feeling ok. I had a nasty fall last year on some icy steps. I don't remember the fall, just remember standing there one second, the next I was at the bottom of the 3 steps in a sitting up position with my arm out, hands tingling, head hurting. You are hardcore, finishing your workout.

Char - good luck with your interview.

Coni - hi and welcome.

Have a great day.:)

I finished my workout. My grandchildren came in and did some of it with me and then they did Tony and the kids while I showered. I got my P90X+ dvds so may do Kempo X+ tomorrow and add some of the original Kempo. Might try the abs too:) I was so hungry when I was done. I had no breakfast and for lunch I made a Spicey Tofu Salad recipe that was in an older M&F Hers magazine. I was glad I only made one serving because it was not that great.

Workout was P90X legs and back and ab Ripper X
chair lunge (I used high step)I held 20# dumbbells 25 reps
squat calf raise 25# dumbbells 25 reps
chin ups 19 reps
super skaters no/wt 25 reps; wall squats 90 sec. I held 10# dumbbells
wide front pulldown Bowflex 140# 15 reps
step back lunge 15 reps 25# dumbbells, side lunge 24 reps 25# dumbbells
closed grip pulldown BOwflex 140#
1 leg wall squats I held 10# dumbbells 30 sec ea. leg;deadlift squat 8# dumbbells
switch grip pullups 16 reps
3 way lunge 15 reps each side 8# dumbbells;sneaky toe lunge 22 reps
reverse grip chin upw 14 reps
chair pose 2 min; toe roll iso 10 reps 15#
wide front pull downs Bowflex 160#

Adina, I had the laser eye surgury and am so glad that I did. I see better than I did with glasses and contacts. I am sure you will love it.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake & Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (post workout)
M3: Grilled Garlic Chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/2 banana & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M5: Buffalo Burger patty; salad w/light Honey Mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1916.3 calories
62 g. fat - 29%
196 g. protein - 41%
150 g. carbs - 31%
[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.