Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday Dec 28

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I slept in again.....and I've been sitting here waiting for my Advil to kick in so I can stand up and work out. Doubled over in pain with cramps....JOY. I'm off to do a weighted circuit....probably High Step Challenge and maybe some yoga. Be back later.

Diane Sue - what was the Stott Foam Roller workout like? You always leave me hangin!!

Good Morning
Today is my rest day ! Yesterday I did GS standing leg work then 4DS calves then Kick Max skipping the leg workout and only doing half of the blast challenge. My legs were hurtin}(
Hope your cramps get better soon, Lora!
Have a great day ladies
Randi

Good Morning, I need to get started. I woke up with a headache and nausea. I am going to do 4DS Low Intensity Step and some of Low Max, abs and yoga. The plan was lower or weight and do Ripped and Chiseled tomorrow but since I plan on starting P90X I thought maybe I should do a little less. They suggest that you start a recovery week before doing the P90X+. I should have that one before the end of neext week and would like to look over what the plan is on it.

Lora, I like the Stott Foam Roller workout. I think I posted at the start that I wish I had known that the Stott Foam Roller On a Roll was the next level. I bought the challenge one which is only 25 minutes and has a 5 min bonus of the challenge one. There is one segment that really gets my hamstrings to the point they feel like they are cramping. I like the bonus work off of the challenge one.
I hope you get to feeling better.

Randi, you look very pretty with the darker hair. I bet it was sort of a shock when you looked in the mirror.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning ladies.
Last night i did tracy's body blast 2 and bosu blast bonus .
I didn't feel like i did anything on the bosu blast bonus.Don't have a bag so i used dumbells.
I like Tracy's weight work. It is different. Alot of different moves. Seems to work different muscles.
This morning is cardio..afteri wake up here..

Diane Sue let me know if you like the p90x plus. Did you preorder?

Randi, you look really nice as a brunette..

Today was full body again. Really short workout, it only called for 2 sets/12 reps. I was done under 45 minutes.

1:30 min. rest between each set

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Incline Barbell Press:
90# - 12/12
[font color=blue]***Right wrist hurt a bit with these. The pressure of the weight was pressing in the wrist in a weird way. 2nd set was much better.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
T-Bar Rows:
70# - 12
65# - 12
[font color=blue]***70# was a bit too heavy. My low back did not like that.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Wide Stance Squats:
45# - 12
49# - 12
[font color=blue]***This is where I need 50-60# dummbells. But it's not worth the $$ for just this exercise.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
Barbell Curls:
50# - 12/12
[font color=blue]***These felt really good. Last two reps of each set were a struggle.[/font]

[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS[/font]
Elevated SLDL's:
85# - 12/12
[font color=blue]***These felt good too but probably should have done 90#.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Lying Flat Lateral Raise:
15's - 12
17's - 12
[font color=blue]***These felt good, laying on the bench really isolated this movement.[/font]

That is all. I really wish this week was 3 sets instead of just 2. I know there is a reason for it, but it just feels like I'm not doing much.

Hope you all have a great workout and a great day!

I just finished doing 4Day Split LIS and then I did all of Low Max. I will go do abs and yoga in a little bit. I have grandchildren coming in a little while.

Anne, I was checking out what all was on the P90X+ workouts (again) and saw that it was set up to order so I went ahead and did it. A couple of hours later I got an e mail from Beach Body letting me know I could order LOL It is supposed to arrive in 5-7 days.
I am guessing you are not referring to Tracey Staehle because I don't recognize those workouts.

>I just finished doing 4Day Split LIS and then I did all of
>Low Max. I will go do abs and yoga in a little bit. I have
>grandchildren coming in a little while.
>
>Anne, I was checking out what all was on the P90X+ workouts
>(again) and saw that it was set up to order so I went ahead
>and did it. A couple of hours later I got an e mail from Beach
>Body letting me know I could order LOL It is supposed to
>arrive in 5-7 days.
>I am guessing you are not referring to Tracey Staehle because
>I don't recognize those workouts.
>
>http://wd.1ww.us
>http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Yeah Diane Sue. Tracy's weight blast or what ever it called. . She uses the ball and bosu. The one where she balances on her knees on the ball. I used the bosu. I don't want to break my neck. LOL..

I haven't done the whole bosu workout with amy yet. I wanted the weight portion, so i tried it last night..
Ok, i ordered the p90 x and the bar.. I am gonna give Tony another shot..
Maybe i will get more motivated again. As for i am pushing me to work out lately..

I did Cc#1 original.2.6 miles 400 cal and around 35 min . I ended the cool down early . I had to get a bath..I pushed it today. I did the sprints at7, 8 and 9mph and stayed at 4mph for the warm up and rest periods. Once i got my butt moving , i was all into it. Just getting me moving.I was soaked.
These am workouts are hard to get my butt in gear..I know once i get moving i am good, but..OOOH just getting out of bed an hour early..

Good w/o Deb..
Diane Sue, do you do 2 hrs a day. WOW.. No wonder why you look so good..
Take care all..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

I'm back. I ended up doing Cathe's High Step Challenge. Workout was 75" and I burned 568 calories. I also did Yoga for Weightloss and Detox 70" and just for the heck of it wore my HR monitor and burned 244 calories. I enjoyed the yoga DVD much more than the last time I did it. Must have been the brain overload affecting my yogi vibes.

Diane Sue - is that Stott Foam roller a core workout or a foam roller massage?

Have great workouts everyone.

Morning Maniacs,

I see everyone's already been busy this morning!

Randi - Your hair is gorgeous!

Debbie - I am in week six of this rotation and I modify the leg supersets today, so I was hoping if you could tell me if the changes I made were okay. It was originally suppose to look like this:

Quads/ Hamstrings
Front Squats
Elevated DB SLDL

Quads/Quads
Plie Squats
Leg Extensions

Quads/Calfs
Hack Squats
Calf Raises

Here's what I did: (I didn't feel like doing Hack Squats so I subbed Hamstrings Curls, then on the set that was suppose to be Plies and Extensions I didn't have enough plates, so I paired the Plies w/ the Curls because I can't go as heavy with curls, so I had enough plates for both of those. Then just did the Ext. w/ Calfs.)

Quads/Hamstrings
Front Squats
15/15/15 - 65#
Elevated DB SLDL's
12/12/12 - 40's
(**this set I kept the same)

Quads/Hamstrings
Plie Squats
15/15/15 - 85#
Hamstring Curls
12/12/12 - 37 1/2#

Quads/Calfs
Leg Extensions
15/15/15- 45#
Calf Raises
30/30 - 40's
60 - BW

Thanks for your help.

Well, I have to go check on the kids, they are being way too quiet!

Linda

Debbie - a question about HRM. I know you do a lot of interval training for cardio, so can you track these with a HRM that has one zone (by just setting the upper level high) or do you use a monitor that can track several zones?

Linda

For abs and yoga I did Butts and Guts Abs ( I wore the 20# vest for the planks) then I did the stability ball abs using a 65# barbell for the rollouts. I finished off with Yoga Booty Ballet Yoga Core. My granddaughter did that one with me:)

Lora, Stott Foam Roller workouts are Pilates so they really hit the core. They are not a massage type workout. That is why I was looking at the Lawrence Contini(SP) dvd thaty has myofacial massage in it before the other stuff.

Anne, now I understand what you did:) Tracey's Sweatfest sculpt doesn't seem as tough as her newer Parts series dvd that really utilizes the bosu and weights. I really like Amy's Bonus Dome workout. It is more of a core workout though. IMO I am really looking forward to doing P90X again. I feel like I need something.
Yes I do usually do 2 hours or a little longer. I like to do cardio, strength and some form of flexibility training. I do have days where I spend a little less time.

Linda - I don't understand your question about HRM. My HRM is set for one zone - 118-159 - that is my "aerobic zone" Once I hit 117 I'm in my rest zone, if I go above 159 I'm in my anaerobic zone. Is that what you mean?

Diane Sue - thanks for clarifying that. I wanted to do a P90X rotation when my new DVDs arrive, but my DH just started doing it....so I doubt I can do it until he's done.....cuz he works out the same time as me. I need to find some sort of rotation to do though....I'm antsy. I can't decide between Afterburn, NROL (cuz my new NROL for Women book just shipped) or that Cindy Whitmarsh rotation.....oh and Jillian's other book rotation. Decisions ...decisions. Any thoughts? Why is decision making such a hard thing for me??

Deb - glad to hear your HRM is working out well. I know how frustrating that can be.

Randi - you are beautiful and have lovely hair.

Yikes....I just got a ton of packages today. I tend to order a lot when I'm PMSing......it's quite embarrasing. There goes all my money for the Valentine BPAL update (well almost).....but now I have a huge selection of nail colours, as well as new base coat and top coat to do a proper manicure so my polish lasts all week!! and what woman doesn't need that??

What rotation is everyone starting on the First? I need ideas. I feel the need for structure in my life with this new job going on.

Debbie - yes, that is what I mean. There are some newer monitors out there that will track several hate rate zones and in the end tell you how much time you spent in each zone. Does your beep at you when you reach your anaerobic zone?

Also, as far as my next rotation, I was just thinking about that this morning and was waiting to see what challenge you were going to throw at me next!:p It's been really fun so far (well, maybe not when I am doing it, then it's work!)

Linda

Lora - So am I. I hope it stays that way. Seems my HRM's work well for a period of time and then BAM! They die on me. Hey, I downloaded "Wait" and "Out to Get You". Both excellent songs. Thanks for the heads up!

Linda - Yes, mine only dones one zone. And I do have it set to beep at me once I hit my anaerobic zone and it beeps when it's in the rest zone too. I like that feature.

The next rotation I have in mind for you is the one I'm doing right now. I think you will really like it and if you want some muscle development, this is the one to do. You'll have to let me know.

Hey Maniacs!!!

I ended up doing lowmax today. I didn't do extended because a few days ago I extended myself enough from my butt on down. I worked abs afterwards for about 20 mins (various moves). I was suppose to have done lowmax yesterday, but had 0 energy and felt sick from a migraine. Well this morning I got on scale and it was 121. I am horrified, but dh asked me if I wanted him to get pizza and he got me my own medium size one and I ate it all so I had too much fun, but it is time to get focused and stay there. I threw out all the brownies, cookies and such. Tired of the temptation. I am gonna be focused. My neighbor has threatened to bring over a rum pound cake...so far she hasn't so I have dodge that for now as well...hate to think of throwing an entire cake in trash. :p

My EATS for today:

Meal 1: Kelloggs Protein Plus cereal
Meal 2: bag of nuts (so many errands and didn't find anything suitable at gas station to munch on so nuts had to do..just 1/2 bag)
Meal 3: Chicken sandwich (real chicken..as always) and nice salad
Meal 4: Protein Bar with a few baked doritos and salsa
Meal 5: Steak and 6 french fries

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.