Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Friday 3-5

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Happy Friday - for those of you that work M-F. I don't have a day off until Tuesday!

This morning I did Ravi & Ana's Yoga Beauty Body and the Headache Helper segment from Dr. Yoga House Call (Migraine for days). I also did the So Darshan Chakra Kriya meditation for about 10 minutes. Have a hard time taking rest days.....since I vary my intensity and don't always do "tough" days...sometimes I just can't justify a rest day.

Have great workouts everyone.

Lora-Like I said on FB, I think you just had a lower intensity day not a rest day :p

No workout for me. My stomach and gi tract are very angry. It came back w/ a vengence last night. Pepto is controlling the monster this morning, but.....

Hope everyone has a great Friday and great workout.

Linda-feel better
Hermia-I think you could justify the cardio core and HIIT b/c they are totally different forms of cardio then most of Amy's and Cathe's previous workouts. :D

theresa

Theresa- Right back at ya! Hope you feel better soon!

Lora - Happy next Tuesday to you!:D

Well, Insanity has officially put on hold. There is no way I could do it with how I feel. I haven't felt this bad in a long time. I did manage to do MMA:boxing this morning for the first time, although I did skip the core section do to time. I thought it was kinda fun and plenty hard enough for how I was feeling.

Got my workout in and went to Target and the Bank after I dropped the girls off. I felt extra energy this morning even though I woke early coughing. Got the Zicam. Boy I have eaten so much grapefruit and green veggies and drink green tea every evening. You would think my immune system would be rocking, Hopefully it helps kick it.
Workout was STS disc 18 back and biceps, I increased weights and reps again this time, I burned 424 calories and workout was 60 minutes. Then I did Shock Cardio HiiT 30/30 28 minutes and burned 242 calories. Total workout time was 88 minutes and total calories was 666(almost hopped around a bit to change that LOL) Had to hurry and shower.

Lora, your yoga day sounds nice. I should do it more often. I did it Sunday but that is my normal rest day:)

Theresa, I think it is time to see a doctor. You can't let this go on too long. Take care of yourself.

Linda, I am sorry you got the cold too. I think I might have been running a temp last night because I was really having chills. Trying to avoid most meds though because I was using them way to much. I got my Zicam though. Felt better today as far as chills. I just wish the cough didn't start. Once that happens it can take me weeks to get rid of it.

Linda-that doesn't sound fun....hope it gets better soon :p

Diane Sue-LOL on the calorie burn. And you are right, I've got a call in to the doc, but of course he is out of town. I have such a bad habit of waiting until I feel like death before I make an appt. I think I should have been a bit more descriptive and I bet they would have called back faster. I wanted to say it felt like an alien was trapped in my belly and it was trying to get out......but then I thought they might try to commit me :eek:

Theresa

Hey Ladies -

I just got home from work. I have a question here that I can't ask on FB (as I'm friended with some peeps at work).

The girls/ladies I work with wear SO much makeup. The other day when I did my manager's makeup - I put a freakin ton on her (at her request - dramatic look). They also instructed me to do all sorts of stuff that I think of as "unheard" of ....like line the entire eye (which I think closes it up) and put shimmer powder directly under the brow (which I think makes you look a bit ...well....I won't say it just in case someone here does it).

Anyway, doesn't the average woman want a more natural look? I've been told in the past (at my medical jobs) that I had a nice "polished" look and a long time ago a guy told me that I wear the right amount of makeup (not like some ladies).

So what do the majority of women want? Caked on or polished? or even natural? I know sometimes I do a more dramatic look (what I consider dramatic - but not near as much as these women I work with wear). I'm just asking ....since I will be having peeps in my chair some day soon. I don't want them to say I jacked them up!! LOL

Well, regarding makeup, I personally do prefer a more natural look, and just thinking of the people I know and the young women I see on the campuses I teach, I would think most people go a bit more natural. I think, though, that some women like a more dramatic look at evening for going out. I wear the same whether it's evening or day, myself--foundation and lipstick from Aveda, sometimes just gloss, and occasionally some brownish mascara from Just for Readheads.

Theresa, thanks for the bit of enabling for new Cathe cardios! =)

Today's workout was yoga class. It was pretty intense today, actually, and we did abs too.

Lora, as someone pushing 60 I try to be careful what I do with makeup. I will say some of these really natural look color palettes make me look washed out shortly after I put them on. I have had compliments on my eyes and had dd ask me to do her makeup for her wedding.
I don't go for the really artsy stuff. I will use some brighter colors once in awhile but play them down with a more subdued color. Blending edges is important with makeup. I also have found that I mostly use mattes for shadows but if you look at people with completely matte makeup under flourescent lighting they look washed out. This is when I will add a little bit of sheen. Going out at night I will use a little bolder look and more glittery stuff, mainly as liner or outer v of eye. I tightline lash line. Never completely circle my eyes with liner. Most of the time I tightline then just add some deep color with sealant to upper lid. I wander around and look at my makeup in different lighting as well. Shadow does not go all of the way up to the brow line. I use lights and darks to make areas recede where they need to and pull areas out where they need it. I guess that is from working with lights and darks on paintings. Then again I may still look silly to others LOL

Edited to add that I still have oily skin and make up does not want to stay to long. Also things do change as we get older and what we use.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.