HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS FRIDAY

buttercup78

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies-
My workout yesterday was an hour massage :p Boy was that tough. I thought I would be really sore today but I am not. I am going to go back next week and get my shoulder/trap worked on more b/c it still aches. She did say I had a boulder in there though. Today will be work on the TRX and a little cardio

Hermia-what kind of shoulder trouble does your Mom have?
Roselyn-I don't know much about Brazilian Butt Lift, but I believe Lora has it.

Theresa

Last edited:
Hey Guys, :)

I know I been MIA the past few days. However, Tuesday when I left work as I was driving home my car belt broke. To make a long story short yesterday, cost me $568 bucks,:confused: Starting Meso 2 Sunday.

This morning, I did Legs.

BB Squats 16 reps
35/35/35

DB Front Lunges 16 reps
10/10/
(2 ct down)
15/15

DB Pile Squats 16 reps
10/10

BB Squats 16 reps
50/50/50

DB Front Lunges 8 reps
15/15 (2 ct down)

DB Pile Squats 16 reps
15/15

BB Dead Lifts 8 reps
50/50/50

Leg Press
32/32 each leg no weigh

DB Leg Press 16 reps
10/10

32/32 each leg no weigh

DB Calf raises
to failure

Buttercup78: Nice workout, I could that all day:rolleyes:

Today's workout was the last total body for this rotation. Tomorrow I will do one last cardio workout and take a week if not more off. This body needs to repair itself.

Today was the same workout I did last Friday but in superset format. 3 sets of 12 reps with 90 seconds rest between each superset.

Had a kick ass workout.

SS #1
Barbell Preacher Curls - 60# (up 5#)
ss w/
Close Grip Bench Press - 75#
***Wow, very tough superset. Got all 12 reps w/ each superset but it was hard.

SS #2
Decline Dumbbell Flyes - 30's (up 2#)
ss w/
Dumbbell Pullovers - 37# (up 2#)
***Another brutal set. Chest was on fire.

SS #3
Leg Extensions - 85# (up 5#)
ss w/
Upright Rows - 57# (up 2#)
***Quads got a great burn and only got to 11 reps with the 2nd set of upright rows. All other sets I hit 12 reps. My shoulders are fried!

Then I did the Ab Work from Cathe's original Bootcamp workout. There are 10 exercises that you do for one minute each. Very tough. I need to do this ab routine more. Abs were burning.

Theresa - Nice on the massage!!! :)

Teddygirl - Nice workout girl!!! :eek:

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did the infamous & contraversial Tracy Anderson's Perfect Design Series Mat Workout - 1. Not sure what to think of this. I even wore weighted gloves and ankle weights. I added on her Arm Webisode workout. I also did the stretch from Core Fusion since this didn't have much of a stretch on it. Workout was 75" and I burned 373 calories.

I think the ab work was good in this (although I've been an ab wimp since I've not been working them as much due to my rib injury). I'll be interested to see how I feel tomorrow.

Rose Lynn- yes, I have Brazil Butt Lift. I've not yet done any of the lower body workouts (shame on me). I've done Cardio Axe, Rio Sculpt and Sculpt. They are decent workouts and I really like Leahandro (spelling). It's getting rave reviews over at VF and women have stated that he hits your glutes from all angles and they can't even walk after doing them. I HATE leg work....but I shall get around to these some day! I REALLY need them too!

Have great workouts everyone. Just sitting here eating my oatmeal and getting ready for work again. A repeat of yesterday....working nights this week....yuk.

Hi Theresa, my mom will lose circulation in her shoulder area and it will go down her arm, too. She used to get regular massages and that helped a lot. Another thing that helps it out is very thorough stretching. Sometimes she gets really busy with work and life, though, and doesn't make time for stretching and working out. She used to work out very heavy at the gym, but her upper body doesn't seem to be able to take that anymore. =(

Teddy, sorry about the car stuff. Cars are such a pain, and it's totally impossible to go to the mechanics without spending a ton of money, it seems.

great workouts, ladies. I'll be going to yoga soon.

This morning I did STS meso 2 disc 15 back and biceps 55 minutes and burned 353 calories, then I did Shock Cardio Step Moves 44 minutes and burned 360 calories, max hr was 150. I wanted to work calves so when I came back from the school and errands I did the w/up portion of Kimberly's Cardio Combat Surge Fusion Stretch then 4Day Split calves and finished off the stretch 28 minutes and 118 calories. Total calories burned today was 851.
STS Back and Biceps
w/up sets (green Cathe band) lat pulldowns with band,t pull with band, and y's with band
pull ups overhand- 12 reps
chin ups medium grip- 12 reps
chin ups- 10 reps(couldn't do more)
1 arm dumbbell row-4 sets last to failure;12,10,8,12 reps 37#
barbell row-4 sets 12,10,8,12 65#
barbell deadlifts-3 sets 12,10,10 ( I always have to lower after doing these on leg day too. This is where I start feeling tight hamstrings and low back soreness)
barbell curl-4 sets;12,10,8,10 reps 46#
seated alternating curl-20's 12 reps, 21's 10 and 9 reps
preacher curl on stability ball double arm-1 set used 21's for 4 reps dropped to 16 for 8 reps, 1 set 20's 10 reps(I need plate mates),1 set 16's 11 reps(glad I dropped because I forgot about those last hold and count changes)
4Day Split calves I used a 25# for first two sets then a 25# pair for last set

Does anyone know exercises to make the ankles larger? I have increased my calf work. This is one area I have a hard time adding muscle to. Probably won't be able to add much to them in 4 weeks though. I bought some new Born sandals with the ankle straps for vacation. I am going to have to add holes to the straps so I can buckle them up tighter or they will be flopping all over.

Hermia, enjoy your yoga class.

Lora, does the Brazil Butt workouts use weights or is it all bodyweight work?

Debbie, I am sure you will enjoy the recovery. I am looking forward to my vacation week recovery:D

Teddy, sorry about the car issues. Looks like you got in a good workout today:)

Theresa, sounds like a great workout:p We should all have those workouts:D

Yoga class was fun. =)

Diane Sue, when I do balances in yoga (like half moon, inverted half moon, and tree) and hold them for a while, I really feel like my ankles/lower legs are working to stabalize. I don't know that they've gotten bigger, but it's the only thing I can think of as far as ankle work. Maybe other people wouldn't notice it as much, though; I think I have rather week ankles as they always feel like the last thing that gets warmed up when I work out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.