Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Friday 2-5

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning was a rest day workout. I did Ravi & Ana's new Solar Power. First 45" of this and then Pilates Perfect Body stretch. I feel guilty, as I had one easier day this week that I did YRG.

Hermia - YRG is a fusion workout. It stands for Yoga for Regular Guys. It's made by Diamond Dallas Page (a wrestler who nursed his low back blown discs back to health with this workout). It is yoga done with dynamic tension (like moving your hands thru cement). It incorporates some pilates, martial arts and callesthenics. It's hard to remember to squeeze your entire lower body and create resistance with your upper body while doing the moves. If you do it properly, it jacks your HR up, so you get strength, flexibility and it gets your HR up for cardio also.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning:D

This morning, up at 4am I swear I don't know how I managed to this, I started school this week and I don't get home untill 9pm. Anywho, I had a blasts:rolleyes:

Gym Style Legs “Standing”

BB Squats:
6 sets of 16 35/35/45/45/55/55

DB Front lunges:
3 sets of 16 15/20

DB Back lunges:
16 each leg 10lbs

DB Pile squats:
3 sets 16 3 15pulse 15/20/20

DB Leg press:
2 sets of 16 101/10

BB Dead Lift:
2 sets of 16 55/55

Calf raises:
42 w/20 DB

Legs & Glutes

Standing legs
Standing outer thight lifts
Inner thigh lifts

Lora- guilty:eek: Nice job;)

Lora-are you feeling any pain relief w/ scheduled rest days?

Teddy-I'm impressed...4 a.m. is not a fun time to be up, let alone workin' it :p

Yesterday was weights and 20 min on the heavy bag. I did supersets 3x12
1-sumo deadlift 36#
pull up-band assisted

2-good mornings-40#
incline rev flyes-5#

3-bulgarian split squats-15's
push ups on ball

4-sissy squats-15#
hammer curls 15's

plank 3 x 15 sec hold.

My ropes gone wild won't be here until Monday; I am a bit disappointed b/c I wanted to use them this weekend.

today is my rest day, and tomorrow is kettlebell. I think it will be Empire State.

Theresa

Theresa - no pain relief yet. Not sure if that will ever happen. I need to quit being so hyper! Last time I took a scheduled rest day, I was in such a bad mood all day and wanted to take someone's head off!! LOL. The Kundalini was okay this morning. I didn't do much....but I was also up at 4:30 am to workout since I work the early shift today.

Today's workout was Total Body. Had a great workout and it went fast. Love these quick workouts.

2 sets/12 reps with a 90 second rest between each set.

Upright Rows - 45#
***I was worried about my shoulder with this one. Felt great. We'll see how it does later in the day. I really love this exercise. I always feel it the next day.

Leg Press Station - 155#
***Love this exercise. I feel it everywhere.

Flat Dumbbell Press - 35's
***Good weight here.

Zottman Curls - 15's
***Could have gone heavier but I concentrated on the up and down movement doing them slowly. At the bottom of the rep I did not straighten my arms. Kept the contraction going throughout the entire set.

Double Arm Overhead Extensions - 15's
***Could have gone heavier but these felt really good towards the last 3 reps.

Still Legged Deads - 80#
***Good weight here too. Got a great burn and damn do I sweat with this exercise.

Still waiting to hear on that job. Please send me some prayers and good vibes!

Teddygirl - Nice workout! And WOW on getting it done at 4 a.m. I bow down to you, girlfriend!

Lora - Sorry to hear you are still in pain. I really wish there was something someone can do for you. :(

Theresa - Nice workout! Do the sumo deads hurt your back at all? Those scare me.

Hi to Diane Sue, Linda, Char, Hermia and Roselyn! Hope you all have a great day!

Workout this morning was Gym Style Triceps 29 minutes with w/up and stretch 132 calories, then I did Shock Cardio Athletic Step 47 minutes and burned 417 calories Max HR was 164, After this I did Insane abs 34 minutes 241 calories. Total time was 1hr 50 minutes. Calories burned was 790.
GS Triceps weights:
dips BW
dumbbell lying extensions-2x8reps 20# dumbbells
dumbbell seated extensions-2x12 reps 30#
dumbbell cross body extensions-2x12 reps 15#
band cross body extensions- blue non latex Cathe band
dumbbel kickbacks-2x10 reps 20#
band kickbacks-green non latex Cathe band

Debbie, sending prayers your way on the job. I hope you get it.

Theresa, Empire State is a fun workout:D Sorry you have to wait on the ropes.

Lora, I believe a person needs lighter days once in awhile. Glad you are getting in a more yoga.

Teddy, nice workout combo. I bet your legs are realy going to feel that one:D

Diane Sue-nice workout. Was your chest fried from Insanity?

Debbie-I will keep you in my prayers about the job...I hope you get it :eek: And so far, the sumo dl's and good mornings are not giving me any back trouble (although I really felt my back with the good mornings). I am keeping my weight reasonable to make sure my form doesn't suffer. With the sumo deadlift, I use one db and turn it vertical.

theresa

Theresa, my chest is fried, the fronts of my shoulders are sore, and my biceps are sore from yesterday's GS. I was going to do GS shoulders today but decided to hold off. Don't need any new injuries. I am hoping to do GS legs timesaver standing and maybe shoulders tomorrow.

Okay I have no idea where I left off. First, my hand is not broken, but is still swollen 5 days later.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I have a horrible head cold, and woke up yesterday feeling lousy and there wasn't one cardio workout calling my name, so I took the day off. My bedroom walls are finished being painted, now I just have to go back a fix the trim where I made mistakes while painting. And finally this morning was the grandmother's funeral, it was very touching and very hard at the same time. She truly was a wonderful woman and I was truly blessed to have known her. I will miss her deeply!

Okay, this morning I took a shot a Back & Biceps and just sucked it up through the pain in the hand. Really the pain wasn't too bad but it seemed to effect my performance. Guess maybe because the grip was effected?:confused::confused::confused: Anyway it is done. Nothing left now but to sit back and wait for the blizzard to arrive.:eek:

Linda, I am so sorry about the hand. Maybe it is because you are still using it. Maybe you should just do lower body non hand stuff and cardio for a couple of days. I hope it heals soon. Painting was probably not helpful either. Glad that you finished. I am the same way so would probably still be going at everything. My heart goes out to you on the funeral. I know how hard that is. You have my prayers and sympathy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.