Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Fri May 18

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I overslept a bit this morning. I'm not feeling motivated again. I'm supposed to do High Step Challenge with some Lotte Berk Blasts added on but I'm not sure yet. I also want to do some yoga or stretching. I'll be back later.

I ended up doing High Step Challenge ....only burned 330 calories during that and then I added on Lotte Berk Hip Hugger Abs Blast & High Round Assets Blast 20". I also did Yogafit Moodlift Yoga 30" (since my depression really kicked into high gear last night).

I have to go to my Mom's and get her some more clothes for her stay and I have some other running around to do.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good morning everyone! Thank you for the nice comments yesterday. Even though my WO's have not been very consistent lately, I am still proud of myself for not turning into a bon-bon eating blob with everything that is going on. I guess once you really change your lifestyle, it really sticks with you.

Lora- still praying for your mom. I have missed you too!

DS- I hope that headache really goes away. That must be tough.

Deb- have a great rest. Is it raining???!!! LOL!!

Char- thank you. I really liked my shoulders too. I impressed my friend (guy) with flexing my various muscles LOL!! He was like, "wow, you're tight!" I was like, I know! LOL! I am emailing you in a minute!

Dallys- you are really doing a great job with your biking.Must be alot of fun. I get the same way in the heat, always have.

Hello to everyone else. I will bbl.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics to NYC GTG and Christmas Albums 3/6/07

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good Morning, I had to take my granddaughters to school this morning so I did the M&F rotation early. I am going to go do a treadmill run and do some more abs. Today was shoulders and abs. I slept good last night except when the dogs woke us at 1 am barking. I noticed the neighbors tree was toilet paper covered this morning. It was around 1 am so I am sure that was what got them started. They ususally only bark if something unusual is going on.
M&F rotation
dumbbell shoulder press 20# dumbbells 10rep, 1set 25# 8rep 2 sets
widegrip upright row 50# 8 rep 1 set, 45# 8rew 2 sets
dumbbell lateral raise 15# 10 reps 3 sets
dumbbell bentover lateral raise 15# 10 reps 3 sets
barbell shrug 36# 12 reps 3 sets
dumbbell shrug 15# 12 reps 3 sets
hanging leg raise 5# ankle weights 10 reps 3 sets
decline crunch 15# 15 reps 3 sets
machine crunch Bowflex resisted 60# each hand 20 reps 3 sets

Lora, I used one of the sleep oils last night. Smelled good. Reminded me of earl grey tea:) Must have some bergamot in it. I slept good. Not sure if it was the oil or I was just plain exhausted though:) I hope you can get passed feeling depressed. Put on one of your favorite scents and some good music:)

Debbie, I hope you have a nice day for delivering Avon.

Maeghan, I am glad that with all of the stress you have been going through you have been able to stay with a healthier lifesyle:)

Dallys, enjoy your bike ride. Are you enjoying the Slim Series? Did you get the newer ones? I have heard good things about them as far as leaning out.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Dallys- please post a detailed impression of your new SSex....as I haven't tried mine yet (except for Cool it Off) which I loved.

Diane Sue - please let me know if the oil works when you have insomnia. I'm curious. Also, I think I'm depressed cuz of all of this stuff with my Mom. She is a huge part of my life. I have been thru so much with her. After my Dad died when I was 17, my Mom and I went thru a lot together and we are very close. I see her a few times a week and she's a part of my daily routine. Between that and the fact that I can't stand seeing her like she is ....is really depressing the heck out of me. It also doesn't make getting old look too appealing to me. My Mom's roommate is 96 and is in the facility for 1 week for leg weakness. We were talking to her the other day (she's quite a character)......and she has the toes cut out of her tennis shoes cuz she has major toe problems. She also has to have her food purreed before she eats it. None of this makes getting old sound good to me! Why do I workout so hard so I can live longer????????????????? Yoy!

Lora, I can really understand you feeling down over this. I am sure the facility is not helping either. The reason we work out and take care of ourselves is so we can feel and look better. Also I think it can help us avoid some of those things you are seeing. Some people go through life hardly ever going for regular dr and dental visits. They go when something has gone way to long to be reversed. That woman being 96 is something in itself. I had a great grandmother who was active and played the fiddles. She was in her 90's and died in a car accident. I don't recall seeing her have anything wrong. We just do the best for ourselves. I hope your Mom gets back on her feet quicker than they are thinking. It sounds like she is active so I would think that should help as far as her mending.

Hello Everyone:)

Today I didnt have much time for a workout so I did GS Biceps and Tricpes and then C&Ws Ab routine, I forgot how much i like this ab workout!

Lora- My Heart goes out to you and your mom, I hope the best for you:)

Debbie-Enjoy your day!

Dallys-That sounds like a fun way to spend a weekend!

Maeghan- You should be proud of yourself you look GREAT!

Diane Sue-Great workout like usual, I plan on starting The M&F 12 week roation on Sunday, I can do all the exercises now because i joined the gym!:7

Hello to everyone else, Hope everyone has a good day.

Just popping in to say HI!!! No rain today, the weather is BEAUTIFUL here!!! I'm enjoying my deliveries and have to do the second half in about a half hour.

I finished my workout. I ran 5.5 miles on the treadmill, then pulled out Mindy Mylrea's Awesome strength and did the abs and sports balance moves(the abs on this were great before but now with the bosu it makes it more challenging) I was even able to use my gliding discs for the paper plate moves. Then I did Tracey's Sweatfest balance challenge premix. I doubt I will have time for a workout tomorrow. We are going on a motorcycle run at 8 am. It is to benefit the P.A.L. program. We are going with our son in laws parents. Should be fun.

Debbie, that is great that you have nice weather. We have been enjoying some nice weather here too.

Michelle, I am sure you will enjoy that gym membership. I was lucky that I had the Bowflex for that rotation. I did have so alter a few moves that called for a Smith Machine but I think it has went well:)

Thanks for all of the well wishes regarding my Mom. I appreciate having the support here. I visited with her earlier today. She is happy that she got her hair washed and later on the phone she told me that they took her to the "shower room" and she was very happy about getting washed up. That place reminds me of being in jail! I hate it. It's like a cross between jail & a mental institution/old folks home. YUK!!!

Diane Sue - I like abs on the Bosu. I think it's much more challenging than just a regular stability ball. I think my Mom could make a quicker recovery if they had her therapy plans mapped out differently, but they only spend an hour with her each day! I think they try to keep you in there for as long as your insurance will pay.....no matter how good you do!! Health Care! I meant to mention that I've had several root canals done in my 30's. I even had to have a root surgically removed, as they couldn't clear the tip thru the root canal. I will be thinking of you. I have had major dental work done in my mouth over the years. Started when I was very young with bridgework I needed in several places in my mouth, as my permanent teeth never came in in my mouth. It's expensive! Hope you get it over with relatively pain free.

Lora, I agree. The medical system does not always have what is best for the patient in mind because the way insurance is set up if they want to make money they have to do it differently. It is a frustrating situation. I am glad that your Mother was able to get a shower.

I have never had a root canal yet. I think some people are genetically predisposed to problems with teeth. I grew up brushing the daylights out of mine. Everyone was always saying how white they were which motivated me to brush more. I have always flossed and followed all of the dental guidlines for tooth care. Makes me mad that I have to keep going in for dental work. I have quite a few crowns now. My mother had false teeth when she was a teenager. That is the reason I think genetics play a part. We have taken care of our childrens teeth with sealants and whatever has been necessary. So far they are doing good. I have dental insurance but two crowns and a root canal are still costing a lot. I do not know what people do without the insurance.

Diane Sue - in case you're nervous - - root canal's aren't "that" bad. As long as they numb me enough, I'm fine. It's just a lot of drilling and they put this large rubber contraption over your mouth to catch all of the falling debris (so you don't swallow it). That is the only part that bothers me a bit - as I'm claustrophobic. You should be fine. Crowns are not too bad either. A bit of drilling and then it just gets set. I had to have one of my 3 tooth bridges replaced with a 4 tooth bridge recently and it cost me $4000. I know if you have insurance, they usually only cover about 50% on that type of work. Did you schedule them all at once? I like the ice cream for lunch idea....however, I'm still trying to figure out how you went all day without breakfast .....and thru a dental appt before stopping at the store to purchase the sug free ice cream for lunch. I would have dropped over from starvation a long time ago. Guess that's why you don't have a drop of fat on your body!!

Hi ladies! Just popping in to read up on how you are doing! No time to post this week, but hopefully I'll chime in this weekend. Took today as a rest day.

Deb-Finally some good weather for you! :) :)

Meg-Sorry we keep missing each other posting-we are always coming and going from this thread at opposite times! Hope everything is going well for you!

Jen

Diane Sue,

You probably won't read this as it is nearing 10:30pm as I wait to get my son from work lol, but not really. Anyhow, I am also proned to cavities and such and take care of my teeth. I have a dental appt next week and I am so afraid. Don't worry about the root canal. Just like Lora says. It is not painful at all. Mine cost me a fortune though even with insurance.

Lora,

I just ordered Temple Viper and a big bottle of Vixen. Vixen is one of my favs so I had already planned on getting a big bottle of that. Now I am broke again. lol.

Charlotte~~

Lora and Charlotte, thanks for the heads up on the root canal. I approach the dentist with dread. I am not bad with the drilling though. They ask if I want a break and I always say no. I just want them to hurry up and get done so I can get out. LOL Dental costs are up there. I cannot imagine at this point being without dental insurance.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.