Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Finally Friday May 2

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Ryan Shannahan's Kettlebell Bootcamp. I mostly used my 20-25 lb kettlebells. I also had to modify a couple overhead moves with lighter dumbbells. He uses to Kettlebells for some exercises, so I either alternated sides and paused the tape or I used two different weighted KB's and switched sides half way thru to even it up. I added a couple of sets of heavy Hot Potatos to the end, as well as Around the Body Passes, Sling Shot Catches and Swings to finish the workout off. I did Cathe's stretch from Cardio & Weights. Workout with stretch was 61" and I burned 490 calories.

Have a great Friday everyone. I've got a busy weekend planned, so I'm sure it will fly by way too quick....as usual!

Toasty - Not sure if I'd like that Apocolyptica...as I don't like non-vocal music. Apparently, they don't have a lead singer cuz I noticed on that "I'm not Jesus" song ...they have their name and then a slash and some dude's name. He must be the vocalist for that song. So - the new Ozzy rocks, huh? Cool. I've liked some songs I've heard from that.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Well plans have changed and I am going to Maryland today to visit my cousin I haven't seen in about 20 years and my parents and brother and hopefully sister too. So I am gonna do my strength training today and abs (whatever Deb is doing) instead of cardio cuz I can do cardio (running or fast walking while I am down there without a problem). Got little time as I have to finish cleaning too (my OCD will not let me leave til cleaning is done) lol. We are gonna have a cookout there and see Iron Man later.

My weight is back down to 119. Alittle surprised as my eating was very bad yesterday. One of those days where I just didn't want to be discipline to save my life.

Lora,

I can make a copy of the Ozzy cd for you if you want it. Let me know. I can just send you the songs that are vocal off the apocalyptica cd too.

Morning Ladies!

How is everyone? I am in the Florida Keys on my much needed vacation and today is our 10th anniversary. WE are going to a beach on Marathon and snorkeling, and then out for dinner at a really fun, casual restaraunt we found with fabulous fresh seafood.

I have not exercised at all! Before we left town my knee was hurting and my calves were sore from hill running, so I convinced myself I needed to rest. I do have the running shoes and will go for a run today - It is crazy flat here.

Yesterday we went to a pool and had mojito daquaries and then napped. It is in the 80s and breezy and in the 70s at night, so the weather is perfect.

I have never seen so much beautiful greenish bluish water. It is so pretty here. There are a lot of homes for sale - I guess people bought with those adjustable mortgages. I wish I had some exgra money to purchase a home or a lot and then build for retirement. Maybe later - HAH!

Have a great week all.

Good morning,

Quick check in, had a good workout this morning:9 I decided not to work my legs hard today giving them a rest. Sunday, is heavy weight day:eek: :eek:

Chest:
drop set 16/14/12/10/8/6/4/2
flat Bench Press 12/12/12 - #40 bb
pec flyes 2 ct 12/12/12 #15db

Back:
underhand lat row 12/12/12 - #40bb
one arm roll 2 sets 16/16 #20 #15
ribcage pullover 10/10/10 - #20db
superman leg lifts from bench 1 set

Shoulders:
overhead press 12/12/12 #5db

Biceps:
Bicep curls 4 ct 10/10/10/10 - #40/35/35/30 bb
Crazy 8’s 2 ct 10/10 #10/20 db

Triceps:
Dips - 24
Lying tricep ex 2x6 ct #10
Kickbacks 12/12 - #10

GS Floor work:
Most of the exercises I did twice

[font color=red]GOT MY MOTORCYCLE!!![/font] We bring it home later on today. I got a black cherry Yamaha V-Star 250. It is SAWEET! Now I can't wait to learn to ride it. If it doesn't rain like they keep saying it will this weekend, my dh will start teaching me. I can't wait!

Here it is:

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2008models/2008-Yamaha-V-Star250b.jpg

Had a fairly good workout this morning, especially with biceps. I just didn't feel like working out this morning for some odd reason. But once I got started I felt really good.

1:10 rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Chinups:
10# - 10/7/8
BW - 9
[font color=blue]***I could not believe how good the first set of these felt. I pulled myself up way above chin level through the 10 reps. The other three sets felt good too, but I got fatigued quickly.[/font]

Overhand Barbell Rows:
75# - 8
80# - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***These also felt very good. If it wasn't for my low back I know I could have done 85# without a problem.[/font]

[font color=green]I was suppose to do T-bar rows but I just didn't feel like it. I don't care for that exercise much. I decided to concentrate more on biceps today so that's what I did.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
Barbell Curls:
65# - 8/8/6/5
[font color=blue]***I did really good on these. Except for the pain in my wrists, I felt very strong. Last time I did these at 65# I did 8/6/6/5 reps.[/font]

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
27's - 8/7/6/6
[font color=blue]***These felt good but when I hit reps 4 and 5 I was struggling.[/font]

Preacher Curls:
55# - 8/8/6 ½
[font color=blue]***Last set was definitely to failure. These felt good.[/font]

That is all...

Debbie,

THAT IS SWWWEEEETTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see you on that thing. Your dh better keep a good eye on you..men gonna be looking at you!!!! LOL

Have fun!

Good Morning, I just came home from dropping the grandchildren off. I did Amy's Hi/Lo Knockout this morning repeating the the combo 3&4 and KO a second time. Need to repeat one and two since I am better at the choreogrphy on 3/4 because I have done them more. I will go do a total body workout here in a bit.

Nutritional Stats for
Wed were 1,376 cal; 108.8gm pro; 83.4gm carb; 27.2gm fat
Yesterday was 1,663.7 cal; 195.4gm pro; 102.2gm carb; 48.4gm fat

I am need to move those calories up some or I will start losing to much weight. Yesterday was better but my sodium was way to high from to much cottage cheese. I went back to the store and bought fat free cottage cheese because the 2% brings my cholestral and fat up. I hate recording what I am eating but I think sometimes it helps me get back on track when my eating gets off.

Ally, enjoy your vacation and Happy Anniversary:)

Charlotte, have fun visiting with your family.

Debbie, I love the bike. Great color. I bet you are excited. We had a v star before the bike we have now. It was a nice bike. We have a Kawasaki Vulcan now. Went out together on it for most of the day Saturday. Weather was great for riding:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning
Didn't get my workout in this morning. Stayed o ut late say ALICA KEYS in concert last night. She is amazing LIVE! Will be working out after work at 7. I'm going to be exhausted!
Awesome bike debbie!!
Have a great day guys:)
Randi

Randi,

Love Alicia Keyes. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Nice pic, btw. Work it, girl!

Ally,

Sounds so relaxing. I bet your having a blast! I am going to Siesta Keys this year. Can't wait.

Morning Maniacs,

Just got back from taking my cat to the vet, he stayed out all night and came home this morning with a hurt front leg. He's okay just a battle wound. Get to take DD to the doctor this afternoon! What fun! Well I can only wait for tonight, should be a hoot and a lot of junk food!:9

This morning was superset done in two sets of 12 with a 1:30 rets.

Chest/Back
Barbell Press
12/12 - 93#
Overhand Barbell Row
12 - 90#
12 - 93#
***both row sets were suppose to be at 90#, but realized after second set I forgot to remove additional weights***

Quads/Biceps
Squats
12/12 - 90#
EZ Curls
12/12 - 53#

Hamstrings/Shoulders
Hamstrings Curls
12/12 - 47 1/2#
Overhead Press
12/12 - 26's

Then did some ab work.

Debbie - SWEEETTTT RIDE! Have fun!

Have a great day!

Debbie: If I see a big beautiful black cherry Yamaha V-Star 250 on the road, girlfriend, I’m getting out of your way, just kidding, but am moving over:+ LOL. Enjoy your weekend and be safe, can’t wait too hear about your bike lesson;)

Toastythemosty: Have a great time with family. Look out for Deb on the road:p

Ally: Haaaappy Anniversary:7 :7

Randi: Alica Keys that’s my girl! Glad you had a great time. Don’t sweat missing ONE workout, you rock!:D

Lora: Do you take rests days? really do you. You are one of the hardest working women I know. I admire your drive:)

Diane: I do know what you mean about losing to much weight, I always have that problem in the summer, I walk to freaking much. Nice work! Have a good weekend :)

Shewolf: I just love your name. Have a nice weekend:*

Forgot to posts meals......

M1: 3 Tbsp of protein w/ ½ grapefruit (post workout)
M2: 3 egg whites w/1/2c of oatmeal mixed 1 tbsp of PP
M3: eggplants sandwich w/1/2c green beans & carrots
M4: yogurt w/2Tbsp of flax seed & string cheese
M5: salmon and broccoli

I finished my workout. I did Tracey's Circuit Zone Upper body, then did Amy's Dome workout, and finished off with Tracey's Parts Glute camp lower floor work and stretch. Held dumbbells over my hips for the glute tucks. This gave me a 1 hr 7 min total bady workout with w/up and stretch:D Next week I am back to Slo Mo and the week after will be S&H then another like this one and I will be thinking up something else to do. Wish Cathe's new ones were out.
I am off to Akin's nutrition center to get some Teeccino. Anyone heard of it?? It is supposed to be good for replacing coffee and restoring alkaline balance. I think I drink way to much coffee.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Finished workout. Getting out of here later then I wanted now will sit in traffic. Lawd!

Anyhoo...

BACK:
Chinups
5# ankle weights to make 10# and did 9/8/6
BW did 8
**Was able to do more pullups when doing P90X as I got up to 15 a few times so disappointed I am back down, but xtra weight makes much harder too**

One Arm Rows
40# db 3/8

BICEPS:
Barbell Curls
80# 3 sets/8 (did good on these..not having a problem)

Concentration Curls
45's 3 sets 6/5/5 (sometimes I see the wall move when I curl with these and I almost feel like I need 3 mins to catch my breath)

Preacher Curls
60# 3/8

Hi Linda! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a great day! Any plans?
Nice workout as usual!

Debbie - Love the bike! Love the color too. Have fun learning to ride it. Great workout too!

Ally - I'm jealous, I want to visit the Keys's soon! Have fun!

Char - Great workout and have fun with the fam.

Hello to everyone else and have a great weekend! I'm at work gotta run!

Sandy - Thank you! DH is putting together a big party for tonight at 6pm. Should be a lot of fun, he has worked very hard!

Teddygirl - Hope you have a great weekend too. I really like my screen name too! LOL!

HC Maniacs - Hello!

I am about to make a Vitacost purchase and thought I'd ask some advice. I never take vitamins, but I probably should. Do you ladies take a multi-vitamin? If so, what brand?

For those of you who use BSN protein powder (I believe that's the name, it's the one called Lean Dessert) - have you tried any flavor aside from Chocolate? Debbie, I think you use Cinnamon Roll, correct? How is it? I'm getting a bit burnt out on chocolate.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!!

I'm so inspired by all of you!

Hey Maniacs!

Today was officially my rest day but was a bit antsy so I did the first half hour of step from Body Max 2. Also signed up for the August Roadtrip, woo-hoo! Anyone else going??

Char- Have a great trip, I love last minute trips:)

Debbie-Awesome bike and absolutely LOVE the color. I'm not sure if I ever would be coordinated enough to have one so I will ride vicariously through you;-)

Linda- Glad to hear you kitty is OK! I know how scary pet injuries can be.

Great workouts everyone!

Coni

I get most of my vitamins from Vitacost. I use the Source Naturals Life Force Multiple vitamin. I have to get the no Iron formula. Also the NSI Advan C. Dr has me take calcium so I buy both Twin Labs Calcium Lactate and Twinlabs Calcium Citrate(I use some of both and these are the ones that cause me the least stomoch problems) All of these are in gel caps so I don't have to worry about desolution.
I have the BSN Fresh Cinnamon Roll. Not real wild about it though. I recently got Vanilla Cyto Sport Muscle Milk Light and it tastes good and has only 8mg. cholestral where BSN has 52mg. I stick with vanilla most of the time because I can add berries or somethng for flavor. That's just my preference. I purchased chocolate BIOCHEM today at the nutrition center and I like that it has 0 cholestral and is lower in sodium at only 50 mg than the others.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.