Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Finally Friday Feb 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Ryan Shannahan's Extreme Kettlebell Bootcamp. I did the Fat & Firm segment 20" and the Strength segment 23". Workout was about 50" with the cooldown/stretch from the KB Goddess workout. I burned 343 calories.

This workout used 2 KB's for most moves....and since I don't have matching KB weights, I modified using DBs for some segments. I could have paused the DVD and alternated sides with the KBs also. This workout was more like a weighted circuit workout with some KB moves thrown in. I woudn't say it was a pure KB workout....in that we didn't even do snatches, cleans, windmills or other known KB moves. We did do swings, crazy eights and these things called gun slingers and vampire situps. It was fun and done on the beach.....so I liked it. He kept moving at a rapid pace with no breaks.....just the way I like it. I played my own music ......as I think there wasn't any on the DVD. My glutes are already feeling it. I think I'm getting a 30# KB this weekend. My DH said I can get it for Valentine's Day.

Have great workout everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am doing Upperbody Plus and abs today. My body is weakened by this cold and back all the way down to 115 (lost 5 pounds). Sucks, but I can bust thru and have a good workout. I have to make sure I don't spend too much time cleaning today though. lol.

Lora,

That sounds like a fun workout..vampire sit ups and gun slingers. Cool! I have been listening to that Papa Roach cd you sent me. I really like it alot. Thanks!

Hope ya'll have nice workouts!

Good Morning:)
Yesterday I did kick punch and crunch. My arms legs chest and evrything was sore from the week b/4 so I could barly punch or kickx( . I'm getting ready to do LIC. I'm liking cathe's feb rotation, it's different:)
Have a great day
Randi

Morning Maniacs,

Today was full body supersets again, this time done 3 sets of 15. Boy I hate high rep work! Worked hard this morning, but really felt I had no strength this morning. Think I've been fighting a virus that makes me nauseous off and on all day long for four days now. I'm drained.

Back
Incline Pullovers
15/15/15 - 44# (up 4#)
Chest
Incline Dumbbell Press
15/15 - 31 1/2's
11 - 30 (I was up 1 1/2# on each side for the first two sets, knew I couldn't do it again)

Quads
Squats
15/15/15 - 90# (up 5#, had pain on left side of groin during second set, hope it's okay, did smash a 40# dumbbell into my pelvic bone on the left side before this, so maybe that's the problem)
Biceps
Incline Dumbbell Curls
15/15/14 - 21's (up 1#)

Triceps
Overhead Extensions
15/15/15 - 32# (up 2#)
Shoulders
Lateral Raise
15/15/15 - 16's (up 1#)

Oops, just realized I forgot to do calves! And no ab work today just wasn't up to it.

Lora - sounds like you are having fun with the KBs! Have to admit it sounds interesting!

Sandy - You say you are going to do what Debbie and I are doing, does that mean the same workouts? Or just the same style? I might take an extra rest day tomorrow because I think my DS shared his virus with me. It's not enough to lay you out and make you puke all day long, it's just an on again off again nausea that that makes you feel blah all day. Especially after you eat. It's making me tired too! I'll admit I did have a little bit of chocolate while making the brownies, that was it:7 . I did not have one or the ice cream that I served my family. Oh and I had eggplant parm for dinner:9 , but the eggplant was baked not fried so the worst part was the mozzarella
cheese.

Char - You are the energizer bunny!

Have a great day!

Linda

Linda,

That is really really good you are doing lat raises with that much.
Keep telling me I am the energizer bunny. I need to hear it. lol.

I had an excellent workout this morning. I love working out on Friday's. Pretty much a Puke Status workout. I'm pretty sure I will be sore this evening. High reps today. 3 sets/15 reps for each exercise. It about killed me.

2 minutes rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Pullovers:
35# - 15/15/15
[font color=blue]***Upper back is still really sore and I have a huge knot in my right shoulder blade area. I could feel this knot each time I brought the weight back.[/font]

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Incline Dumbbell Press:
35's - 15/15/15
[font color=blue]***These were very challenging. 3rd set I barely made the 15th rep.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Bulgarian Split Squats:
70# - 15/15/15
***I truly HATE this exercise but it is very effective. And I am a glutton for punishment because my glutes and hamstrings are still VERY sore from Wednesday's workout. I almost quit after the 2nd set but pressed on anyways!

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Hammer Grip Front Raise:
12's - 15/15/15
[font color=blue]***Got a great burn with this and tried to hold the up position for a few seconds.[/font]

[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS[/font]
Hamstring Curls:
45# - 15/15/15
[font color=blue]***Could have gone higher but my hamstrings are still very sore.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Weight Bench Dips:
50# - 15/15/15
[font color=blue]***Should have went higher with this one.[/font]

That is all...

Linda - Great workout. These 15 reps KILL!!!! Your strength seemed good to me considering you aren't feeling well. Up your Vitamin C.

Char - Sure hope you get better. Sucks to be sick!

I finally finished up my workout. It ended up being a long one because Tracey's Walking Strong came and I added it on at the end:)
I started with 4Day Split Double Cardio Premix no str, then did Slim Series Shape it Up no w/up or str, then did Walking Strong. I had a break near the end of Shape it up Though. I was just finishing the legs on the floorwork and had to take my granddaughters to school and decided to get gas and stop at the grocery store since it is 100% chance of snow tomorrow and Sunday. It was already drizzling outside:( I went 3 miles doing Walking Strong and the max my treadmill goes is 12% incline I stayed at Tracey's speeds but couldn't hit her 15%. I added a couple of minutes to the workout because I lacked less than 1/8 mile of having 3 LOL.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Debbie - Thanks for the comment! I did manage to keep my weights up and go a little higher. I had to work hard and I felt it, if you know what I mean. Everything felt like a fight! Anyway, I wanted to ask on the rotation I have W3, D5 calls for DM Incline Flyes, but W4, D5 says DB Incline Presses. Did you switch it or should it be Flyes?

Awesome workout!

Linda

Lil' King and I did 4 mile run this morning with strong winds. Winds was unexpected. Felt like I was pushing 500 lbs. I'm quite sore from the core and down. Also, did total body fuctional training at the gym last night with a friend. Was a little boring but I didn't care. I was exhausted last night. I also took the boys out to lunch since my older one had half a day today. We went to the Macaroni Sin place as Suz calls it. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend the Scallop salad. It tasted very light and had quite a bit of protein in it. LOVED it. :9

Lora- About my run...During a GOOD week, I run 4x a week. What I do just so I don't get burned out or have an injury...I'll give you an example of my weekly schedule.

Sun- Running intervals on treadmill at between 6.5 and 7.5 mph and total body weight training with KB at the gym

Mon- Off

Tues- 3 mile run

Wed- P90X+ Intervals

Thurs- 4 mile run

Fri- either P90X+ Kenpo or one of Cathe's step workout

Sat- 7 or 8 mile run and total body workout at the gym.

I know I do weight training back to back but it seems to work for my body quite well. I also notice if I run on the treadmill, my feet hurt a lot and my bad knee starts to act up which is why I only do intervals on it. Outside, my feet are fine. I'm not exactly a "straight" walker. I sort of walk sideways in general if you know what I mean. So when I run on the treadmill, I feel like I'm running to the edge of it. Maybe you can try running outside on the weekends since you might have a little more time?

Linda- About gluten, at first I thought I would have a limited list of what I could eat. I was wrong. There are a lot I can eat but I have to read the ingredients. I eat anything that has rice, millet, aramaneth, potato, hemp, etc in it...I stay away from wheat, rye, oat, spelt, etc...If you'd like I can give you a link to a website that lists what is good to eat and what's not good to eat. I can even eat a cake. If you go to Whole Foods, they have a large selection of gluten free foods. Even CAKE. I LOVE their white cake. What I'd stay away from because it tastes like sh*t is gluten free breakfast bars by Glutino. UGH! NASTY. You're really not limited. You just have to replace pasta with rice pasta or quinoa pasta. Most of processed food have HIGH gluten in it because of wheat. I personally think this country eats way too much wheat. That's JMO. I also don't buy you can't eat white potato hype either. I eat them a lot and haven't gained weight. What I can't stay away from is NY pizza. I eat that every friday night for dinner and of course on saturday mornings, I feel sick and spend half a day in the bathroom. I'm a moron, what can I say? LOL :7

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend. Good night, all!

Lisa

Hello Everyone!

Linda - Yes, I'm gonna try to follow what you and Debbie are doing. Key word is TRY. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope it passes and doesn't get worse. I'm feeling much better today than I have all week, and can't wait to get started with my w/o tomorrow!
DH is taking me to Outback tonight so gotta go. Good for not eating ice cream, you did good! I can't have ice cream I have UC and it hurts enough without adding to it, yeah that kicked in too along with the virus I had. Okay off to eat with hubby. I will try to eat something good.

Hi to everyone, Charlotte I'm gonna pm you later girl!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Lisa - My foot doctor told me I'm not allowed to do that much high impact anymore. I have to limit my impact....or I'm likely to get another stress fracture. You're lucky your joints can handle all of that running.

Toasty -got my Moon of Ice, Chesire Moon and Lunar Eclipse order. They all smell good, but Lunar Eclipse is DA BOMB. It's sort of reminiscent of Hellion.......and I LUV it !!

Deb - they just played a new SevenDust song from 2008. They must be coming out with a new album. The song was called Prodigal Son. It was good!

Diane Sue - I emailed Tracey about my little treadmill with the 3 measly incline settings. She said I should do the entire DVD at the highest incline since I only have 3 settings. I doubt I'll not get near the workout you guys get. What was your HR and calorie burn? just curious. I'm planning on doing mine for a rest day tomorrow.

Great workouts everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.