Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Finally Friday Aug 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did P90X Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X with medicine ball and ankle weights. I used light weights on most exercises where they didn't use them and heavier weights on the ones that some of them used weights. I sat further back from the door with the band to make the pull downs, pull ups a bit harder. I think my body is getting too used to these workouts, as I'm not getting that sore lately. I'm sort of sick of the background exercises even though I've been listening to Buckcherry for most of my P90X rotation (can't seem to grab anything else lately).

Suz - I get so freaked out when a doctor starts telling me I need surgery and have something wrong with me, or whatever. I totally block them out and hardly hear a word. Then I go home and freak out even more cuz I don't know what's up. I really need to stop doing this. It seems every time I go any more...it's something they say I need surgery for. I hate doctors and yes, I've been in the medical profession over 20 years. I know it sucks to have asthma. I remember when I was first diagnosed, I felt "defective".........moreso than usual! LOL

Megadoo - Anthony's definitely a hottie, but Josh (Buckcherry's frontman) seems to be holding steady right up their with Anthony. Josh has more tattoos. Love the bad boys!! LOL. Have you seen him? Here's a linkie in case you haven't? (I just noticed - when you click on the link - the picture of him in long shorts on the right top with the sweatshirt on - is from the Soundcheck I went to in Cleveland. You can see his tattoos on his legs if you click on it. I can't understand why he had a sweatshirt on that day, as it was in the 80's and humid.)

http://www.buckcherry.com/Gallery/showphoto.php?photo=947

Debbie - So sorry about your husband having to go back to work. I'm sorry you had to get so upset about the situation. I hope everything goes okay for him.

Diana Sue - Is the puppy okay? What was wrong?

Charlotte - Good grief girl...how many times did you workout yesterday? I wish I had all day to work out. I could never pack at the last minute. I pack my travel bag 3 weeks ahead and my suitcase 1 or 2 weeks ahead or I *worry* about it obssessively.

Hi to everyone else. I can't remember who else checked in yesterday. I can only retain so much in this brain, ya know?

I guess I'm a bit better today cuz it is Friday....but there are still several things really bothering me. One is my DH. He threw stuff at me the other night and called me all kinds of horrible names cuz I want to actually go on a weekend trip and he's an old fart and doesn't want to do anything but lie on the couch with the remote. Grrrr...

Does anyone bulk in their stomach from using weight with ab work? I read that some where and I've been using weight all of the time lately.

Hi everyone! Today is my rest day, gotta go deliver Avon here shortly. Its BEAUTIFUL here today, lower 70's, no humidity. This is what summer should be like.

Happy workouts to all!

Good Morning,
As a precheck in I have cardio(probably a mix of Turbo Jam and treadmill) yoga/stretching and abs on my rotation. My puppy still has tummy troubles. I wont go into detail here. We have had several night up cleaning up messes. She will wake us up crying. My dh has started staying up late w/ her and I get up early and take her out. Our vet is on vacation so we finally went to another. He was unsure of what she had. THought it could be colitis. Anyway she got a shot and antibiotics and imodium and bland diet to cover all of the bases. Poor puppy does not understand not getting her milkbones when she goes to her crate. She follows me around the kitchen. I feel sorry for her.

Suz, I am so glad they figured out what the problem is. I am terrible about retaining everything the doctor says. My dd is a PA and she will ask all of these questions and I will be like I"I don't know, I can't remember" She just kind of gets the condensed version of what I remember. It's like I just know I need to do this or take that.

Debbie, how is your husband doing? Did he go to work yet?

Maeghan, good workout. I haven't done ME in awhile.

Lora, as far as the yoga moves, I think maybe I was trying to overstretch to get into some of those poses. Since I have backed off and don't try to do all of the advanced poses I am better. I have been working through different portions of Yoga Shatki to see. So far I have not went past backbend #1,and standing flow#1,also I think some of the bends and twists have caused some problems.

Charlotte, when I started doing wood chops on the ball I started w/ 10# and have went to 35#. 35# was to much as I could feel it in my neck and shoulders and did not want to hurt something. The barbell rollouts really get you in the upper abdominal area. They are tough when done on the toes.

Stephanie, I hope you are enjoying your vacation and not having problems with airport red tape:)

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Well, Debbie i missed the article in oxygen. You look fabulous.You should be proud.
It is nice here in Pa. Cooler and sunny.A nice change from the sweltering heat.Only problem is winter will be coming...

Well, last night was gs legs and 30 min abs from ab hits.I did most of the legs quite a bit heavier(except for slow motion lunges Whew )and i know i am going to feel it later. I am hoping for GS back tonite, but my chest and arms are realy sore (feel like i had a boob job). I am trying to increase weights and man am i feeling it....
Tonite may just be straight cardio depending on the doms, but i would like to finish up my weights for the week and hit the cardio hard this weekend.
Boy, have i ever been hungry too.Maybe the weight increase...

Well have a healthy strong day.
Anne

Diana Sue - I don't know if dogs eat bugs, but I have a cat that eats bugs (bughunter) and he had severe diarrhea (and he's long furred) so it was not good. He went to the vet and had a temp and had a bacterial infection. Vet said it was most likely from eating a bug with that bacteria. It was horrible. They started him on Kaopectate with a dropper and it helped. Also, I had a cat with colitis once and low doses of prednisone calm it down in cats. I dont' know if dogs would be the same.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I worked biceps/triceps and shoulders and I worked them good! My left deltoid muscle was twitching while I was sitting in church last night. I was tired though, but came home and finished up with tonectics, a 30 min easy leg workout. Did some core work before I left for church.

Diane Sue,

Yes, I do have to stay with 15# on the ball for wood chops. Good weight for me for right now as I don't want to fall off again! LOL!
Are the roll outs you talking about like the ones in Coremax 2 when Cathe just uses her hands together on top of the ball and push out and back in?

Lora,

Yes, I worked out alot yesterday. That was needed though. Keeps my metabolism up, up and away. Everything I go to church my pastor will say something dumb about his eating and I just have to chime in. He thinks it is so good to eat 1 meal a day and lose weight that way. I cannot bite my tongue. I just think that is gross to do that to yourself.

BTW, I know you have balls and you love them too so I posted a new picture of mine!!!

Yeah, I heard what you were saying about your dh. Shouldn't be calling you *those* names. Gosh!

Anne,

Wow, it sounds like you know what you are doing with that body of yours...sore is good! When I first starting working my chest, my boobs would still get sore before TTOM and then one day I worked my chest too on top of that and I was like a *scorned woman*. Too much chest pain, but other then that, I love the soreness. I am really going to have to get that gs series too. Maybe that is why I need to do ebay again cuz I got a friggin' long list of stuff I want.

Debbie,

Enjoy your day. It is finially cooler here today too. We have someone coming to look at our home so I have to tidy up and then go to yard sales.

I will do PLB and Low Max today in the later afternoon. Two killer workouts. I hope I can walk when I am done. These two together have always challenged me to the max!

Charlotte~~

Lora,

I forgot to tell you that dd went to Van Warps Tour yesterday in Bristow, VA. A bunch of emo bands and Joan Jett was there too! I love her music!!!! She got autographs from Armour of Sleep and a bunch of shirts and free music. She went with her boyfriend. She had a blast! I am getting ready to go to yardsales now and pay bills.

Charlotte~~

Hi, I stopped to make grandchildren breakfast and remembered a couple of things. So far I ran 3 miles and did the w/u of Turbo Jam PKJ so off to finish with the TJ.

Lora, as far as bulking the ab area, I haven't had a problem. You know Cathe uses weights, and I see a lot of women in Oxygen that do not look bulky that claim to use weights. I would guess it is just like any othe body part where some people are more predisposed genetically to bulk . Also dogs do eat bugs and the vet went over anything she could have eaten or gotten into.

Charlotte, barbell rollouts are similar to the ball rollouts. I sub them a lot instead of doing the ball rollouts.http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?MainMuscle=Abdominals I hope this works.It shows the exercise. IF you scroll down it shows it done with the barbell and there is a video clip.

Diane Sue

Charolette , you have to get the GS Series.It is da bomb as far as i am concerned. I feel no pain like on the GS, especially chest and tri.48 min is way enough on it.I do take longer rests on alot of it so i can heavy up.
DH is noticing the definition coming on. He thinks i lost weight and I only lost 2 lbs.
I change up on the other series , but i like these the best.
You wnt hard core , I think you need to invest.
Anne
http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Wow - two days in a row!

Charlotte - I've missed you too. But I still read what you're up to. :)

Lora - I actually think I had the opposite problem yesterday. She started with "Your test results are good" so I immediately started thinking, oh great, it's all in my head and I'm just a big baby. So I think I didn't hear what she said again until she said "But what concerns me..." and all of a sudden my little ears perked up. Not that I want anything to be wrong, but you know what I mean.

Diane Sue - I sure hope your puppy is feeling better soon. My sister is a medical transcriptionist and she said that I can request my transcript of that visit and it should have everything in there that I was told. And then, of course, my sister just must see it. :p

I've been riding about 5 days a week and only getting weights in twice - but I've cut back on legs until the cycling season is over. Debbie - I took your advice and will try to do legs twice a month until then. I'm gonna be WEAK!!! I just hope all my cycling and hill climbing is making me strong. :) I have a 50 mile ride on Sunday that should be fun. I would to the 80 miles with my friends who I ride with, but my sister and a friend who don't ride much are doing it with me so it will just be a fun ride for me. Yay!

Hi to everyone else!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

The doc appt went alright. Connor now has croup, so he gave me a steroid for him if the cough gets real bad. His doc is working in the hospital this weekend so he will call me if something bad shows up on his bloodwork. Otherwise he will talk to me Mon about the blood and catscan results.
I have major DOMS today everywhere! I love it, but my neck is sore. I iced my knee last night just in case, and it feels fine today.
You guys all have had good workouts today!
I am just going to say hi to everyone all together!
Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my son!:+

I will do my WO tonight and post it then.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/153/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Gosh, no time for yard sales today. DD was with me and asked me to go here and there. Went out to some greasy spoon place to eat. EW! Had a steak n cheese wrap and some fries. Ate about 5 fries cuz I was just plain hungry, but could not eat anymore. DD said it was the best. Not so with me. Won't go back again. Wanted to stop and get some Jack Daniels or Listerine to rinse my mouth out. Feeling very hyper today so ready to get going with my workouts....FINIALLY!!!!

Diane Sue,

Thanks so much for all that information. Now I have more ways to work out my abs. Thank you...thank you!!!!!!

Anne,

Yes, my list still is getting longer by the minute. I just bought some jeans today to. Was $42 and got them for $16.

Meg,

I am glad you have DOMS. It is a good thing. Love that hurtin' feeling! Sorry to hear your son has croup, but you have a nice perky attitude and you don't let things get you down. Keep staying on top! You rock!

Suz,

You are making me feel wimpy with my little 10 mile bike rides. Gonna have to challenge myself more and maybe do 20 next time. Just trying to find places to ride. Don't like main roads. Don't wanna be roadkill.

Lora,

DD had her picture taken with Aiden. Great picture. Can't see Joan Jett much...too far in the distance. I will post them when I get back from vacation.

Charlotte~~

10 mile rides are nothing . Try the 25 , then you can't stand because your a**is so numb. The biking doesn't bother me , it is the buttttttt....
Meg, something must be going around. My Grandson is sick too. He just kept saying it hurts.
Jack daniels mouthwash.....HEEHEH.
You are not going to be pumping nothing on this...but the couch.
Anne
http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne,

Nah, no Jacky for me. Just kidding. Yeah, the bike gets my butt just on 10, but getting use to it more so I think I can start working my way up. I did a 25 mile bike ride years and years ago and I had to crawl up the stairs. Hubby couldn't sit down on the toilet. It was hilarious!

Well I am dripping with sweat and got to finish now. I had to take a break to breath.

Charlotte~~

Finished Low Max, and it wasn't as hard this time since I was extra peppy, but I still need someone to scream at me cuz next is PLB!!!! Can you say ouchy???? I will continue working out to AC/DC. When I hear..."gonna take you to hell". I think, "yes, Cathe is taking me there". he he and sweating all along. I like the part too..."yes I am bad" (Back in Black). I will feel bad to the bone when I get done so off to drink a protein shake and then off to visit Ms. Cathe and her crazy maniac crew.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte,

You are the last person on the face of the earth who I would call wimpy!!! You are a crazy maniac woman! If you wanted to ride more miles, you know you could do it. And your butt does get used to it (although I did get a saddle sore last week - owie). But if 10 miles makes you happy then that's what you should do. It should always be fun.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Finished PLB. Started with 80# and worked my way down to 50's. The last segment was torture and I smelled bad...like wet dog men that Lauramax has mentioned before. Just yuck.

Gotta offer on our home. Guess we will be moving now.

Charlotte~~

Congrats on the offer Charlotte!!!! :7

Are you moving far? To a bigger house? Smaller? More land? What's the scoop? Oh, I bet you are moving closer to me so we can workout together. ;-) ;-) Whatever the reason, I'm very happy for you!

I did Legs and Glutes and then 20 minutes on the elliptical. WOW! My legs are FRIED.............they were so weak and shaky after I was all done I could barely make it out of the basement :7 But, ahhhh.....what a feeling - I feel so accomplished now.

Have a great evening everyone!

Marcia.

Marcia,

Great job!!!! I love fried legs even though I am feeling kinda ouchy right now!!!! LOL! Legs and Glutes make me sweat so much. I bet your legs are like jello pudding right now?

Actually, I am moving 10 mins further southeast. Not far at all. When I heard of the offer, I was like..."oh, no" and then "alright". I am in the middle of this. Would like to stay, but would like a bigger house and less land and everything new too.

Charlotte~~

Good afternoon,
Today I did 3 miles on the treadmill, Turbo Jam Punch Kick and Jam,Core Max#2, plus 3 sets ea., 35#barbell rollouts on toes 15 reps, hanging knee raises 10# med ball 15 reps, 25# woodchops on ball 25 reps, Yoga X 32 minutes stop and forward to the yoga bellys and go on to finish. Went to my eye appointment and everything was good. I dont have to go back for 3 mos. unless there is a problem.

Suz, that is great that you can get a transcript. I never thought of that. I have had daughters and my dil working in the dr office we use and never thought of that.

Meaghan, sorry your poor baby has coup. I hope there is no problems this weekend. You must being something good since you are feeling the doms:)

Charlotte, like Anne says I think you would like the GS series. These are good tough workouts where you work heavy and then have the bonus burn. I love these.

Ann, I like to have cardio only left on the weekend. Sometimes abs added as to me they are not that hard. Now I am doing weights with my new rotation on Saturday. I guess it is changing it up so maybe my muscles will be confused along with PLB which I do not do that much. 2 weeks in and I want to do something else. Maybe that is a good sign and I should stick with it:)

Have a great weekend
Diane Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.