Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Finally Friday April 25

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Whoa....I'm tired. I couldn't get up this morning. I had a hair appt last night but the girl who was supposed to cut me quit and they said they tried to get a hold of me .......and since they didn't, I had to wait for ever for someone to be available! Didn't get home 'till late or in bed till late.......and slept in a bit.

I did Keith Weber's Extreme Kettlebell Cardio workout but had to cut a few segments short since I was running late. I also lost something right before I started working out....so my mind was sort of scattered. Didn't have that great of a workout....however, my hair was soaked from swinging that KB around. It still amazes me how KB's can give you a cardio workout with your feet planted on the floor. I used my 15-25 lb KBs and burned 451 calories in 57". I'm trying to figure out how the heck this ended up being my favorite workout...as it's super tough! No breaks in this one at all. It just goes continuously. I look forward to doing it again when my mind isn't all over the place.

Diane Sue - didn't you tell me that taking a day off from cardio is a way of tricking your body? I've been trying to talk myself into taking a rest day....but since I need to lose this weight that's been hanging on for dear life...I've been doing some easy cardio on my rest day instead. Do you think I should take rest days weekly for a while to mess with my metabolism? The only thing is that I don't want to have to adjust my calories for that day.
Have great workouts everyone. Yay!! It's Friday!

Good morning. I have Yoga today. But...I should add some cardio I think. Have to see how the day goes. I am a bit sore today, my obliques too. I like that. Well, I need to eat something. Starving.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

RE: Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Finally Friday April 2...

Good Morning,

TGIF……Yahoo…:)

This morning, I did a total body workout starting with GS legs standing/floorwork and MIS upper body. I ran out of time. I started to late @ 5:20am next time will be starting at 5am. Anhoo, this is what I did:

Squats:
3x16 --50#
Front/back lunges:
2x16 --20#
Piles:
2 sets --20/30#
Leg Press:
2x16 – 20#
Dead lifts:
2 sets 55# then dropped to 50#

Floor work:
Roll ins on ball
Inner thigh squeeze on ball
2 sets -- Inner thigh lift w/ankle wts
Vertical outer thigh press w/band
Outer thigh raise w/ankle wts

MIS:
Chest:
2 sets of push-up
Bench Press:
2 sets –40#
Pec flyes
2 sets 30 #

Back:
One arm rows
2 sets 15# db
Over/underhand dead row:
2 sets 40bb
Delt flyes:
2 sets 20#

Shoulders:
Upright rows
2 sets --#20 db
Militaries BB:
2 sets – 10/8 db
Flex lateral Delt Raise:
2 sets –10/8 db

After work, I will finish bi’s & tri’s + abs. I guess it worked out okay, cuz, I love taking mini breaks when doing biceps allowing me to go heavy and to do extra work. Have a great day all.

Tomorrow’s workout KPC and Sunday is another TBW.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is a cardio day, but my legs are still quite sore from leg work a few days ago so I am gonna enjoy the beautiful weather and go for a fast paced walk. I am not sure I will take dogs with me or not. Hubby had a hard time sleeping with me last night as most know I have restless leg syndrome and when I work my legs extra hard it only makes things worse sometimes, and last night was one of those nights. Hubby kept saying I was vibrating the entire bed. I had no idea cuz I was asleep when doing this.

Anyhow, off to clean and put a fence around my garden. I am dealing with snails in my flower bed so I need half canteloupe and put some beer in it for the evil ones. I have to put the fence around veggie garden to keep rabbits out as I didn't think we had any in our neighborhood, but dh said he seen a big one the other day.

Diane Sue,

You lost 4 pounds fast then. Gosh! Still at 119.

Teddygirl,

SLammin' workout! Great job.

Ally,

Thanks again for all the information about virtual jobs. The last one sounds interesting, but will need to get a fax machine and voicemail system.

Lora,

I just got a click and ship so my samples are coming today. I ordered French Creole last night from the TAL sight. I applied for the gift shoppe job yesterday.

Well, I was going to have an excellent workout. Felt really strong today but ended up injuring myself. Now I'm wondering how long I'll be out of commission. Hopefully just a few days.

This is what I did and what happened:

1 minute rest between each set

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Lying Barbell Extensions:
40# - 15 (warmup)
55# - 12/12/12 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Felt great here. I felt really strong. I did them with 50# last week and remember struggling a bit.[/font]

Weighted Bench Dips:
55# - 12/12/12 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Here again I felt very strong. I could have gone with 60# no problem.[/font]

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
45# - 12
[font color=blue]***Here is what happened. When I lowered the weight I felt a MAJOR muscle spasm in my traps and neck. It hurt bad and made me dizzy. I immediately started rubbing it out, stretching, looking side to side and up and down. After about 10 minutes it worked its way out and now I'm just uncomfortable looking up and side to side. Kind of like you do when you sleep wrong but this is a bit worse. I sure hope it doesn't get worse. I took three Aleve. Hopefully they will help. Then I took a HOT shower and rubbed it out some more.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
Yes, I continued with my workout. I was very careful
Close Grip EZ Curl:
40# - 15 (warmup)
50# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Same weights as last week. Increase in reps, did 12/11/12 last week.[/font]

Dumbbell Preacher Curls:
25's - 12/12/12 (up 5#)
[font color=green]Dropped the weight after the last set to 20's and repped out a 6.[/font]
[font color=blue]***I was psyched that I did 25's with these. By the time I had to do the drop set I was fried. Biceps were really pumped.[/font]

Hammer Curls:
22's - 12/10
[font color=blue]***I only did two sets here because my traps were really aching again. I figured I better leave well enough alone.[/font]

That is all...

I'm really hoping this won't get worse. I have to work my legs tomorrow so hopefully I can. I may take an extra day or two off if this pain persists.

Teddygirl - great work out! You too Lora - I have never done kettlebells. DH is getting on me about ordering so much stuff. Anyhoo---

I believe that doing the three boot camp workouts in one week was maybe not a good idea. My left knee is sore and my back is sore and my wrists hurt from the push ups!

Today I did a light cardio and will hit the weights tomorrow. Did not want to do too much because I am sore and definitely don't want to hurt myself before the coveted vacation!!!

Thank you all for your great motivation! Oh yeah - if you all recall I transplanted 72 lilies over the weekend - well I got home last night and my dog had dug many of them up. I ready to kill him! I will replant tonight and then it is supposed to rain over the weekend. So maybe they will take root tonight.

Toasty: Thank you!:) Enjoy your fasts paces walk today, I fine walking to be SO relaxing, that's me thinking time. Yesterday evening, I walked for about 35 minutes. Then, I started thinking about all the cleaning I NEED too do so I hurry back home to clean a bit, got alot done too.

Deb: Ouch! Has this happened before? The Aleve should help that’s all I take. I hope you feel better. Even still, you kicked out a a$$ kicking workout, Niccce! :D

Debbie - great workout even though you hurt yourself. I hope it heals quickly. Have a great weekend.

Ally: Thanks, I have never done a Kettlebell w/o either, I been eyeballing one. I need a bigger places so I can buy more equipment. Enjoy your workout today :) :)

Debbie,

That exact move has screwed up my shoulder/neck area at different times. It is tricky. I hope you get it all worked out and just is temporary, but I do know what your talking about. Hang in there. Wanted to ask you if doing the dips with the weights like that doesn't bother your wrist. I know if bothers mine and you said you have wrist issues. Anyhow, your workout is really smoking. I am sure your gonna work out that area as I have done so before.

Reallo quick-- I did get in a kick butt hilly walkk, 4 miles pushing a stroller, with my son. It was awesome. I really got a good one in. Still gonna try to get some yoga in. I wasn't thrilled with YogaX. It was good moves, but I hate too much repitition. I might just go with Rainbeau. We will see.
OK, kids calling!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

I got my workout done way late. I kept two of my grandchildren overnight and the baby did not fall asleep till after 11. Then she had me up before 4 am this morning wanting a bottle. I had to take grandchildren to school and it took awhile to get her settled again so I could work out. I ended up doing Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt Fitness and then I did Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix 2 Circuit premix 52 min.. My allergies are making me crazy too. I feel drained from lack of rest and coughing sneezing irritated eyes. Hope I can find something that works for it.

Lora, I think taking some rest days would be good.

Ally, that is to bad about your dogs and your flowers. I was worried about my two dogs and the tomatoes and geraniums I just planted but so far they have left them alone. I think they would rather drag the firewood around the yard.

Debbie, I am sorry you injured yourself. Do you have a foam roller? They are great for myofascial massage. Putting pressure on the area with one of those really works the spasm out well. Although you do have to take care when using it on the neck. You can just lay your neck on it and turn your head but not roll on it. Works great on the shoulders and in the area along the shoulder blades and back.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

the funny thing is that is my 14 year old dog doing the digging, not the younger one. He had very muddy paws so I know who did it. I will fix them tonight and we are supposed to get rain this weekend, then they will be kenneled for a week - so hopefully, the roots will have time to set and he will forget about them.

Thank you for your concern. I was quite angry at them old man dog.

Diane: You had your hands full today and still manage to get a great workout in, great job!:)

Today's meals:

M1: 3 Tbsp of protein (post workout)
M2: 2 blueberry organic waffles w/3 egg whites, 1 tbsp sugar free syrup (this kept me full for hours)
M3: yogurt w/ 2 Tbsp of flax seed
M4: baked fish w/broccoli w/tomato (eating this meal before I head home)
M5: whey protein shake w/H20 & 1/2 grapefruit
M6: turkey sandwich w/tomato, onions, mustard :p

You guys have a wonderful weekend, I am out of here, soon, real soon, like the next 20 minutes :+ :+ This was a long week for me, I have had enough, see ya Monday :)

Afternoon Maniacs,

Well, the good news is nothing new hurts today! Bad news, is DH told me I was getting to muscular looking last night. Didn't ask him to explain, wasn't ready to have that fight.

This morning's workout was two straight sets of 12 with a 1:30 rest.

Chest
Barbell Press
12/12 - 90#

Back
Overhand Barbell Rows
12/12 - 85#

Quads
Squats - skipped on account of the knee

Biceps
Barbell Curls
12/12 - 50#

Hamstrings
Hamstring Curls
12/12 - 45#

Shoulders
Overhead DB Press
12/12 - 25's

Did my ab work last night. Went to the gym with my sister to help her and played around on the ab machines.

Debbie - That spasm sounds just like the one that happened to me a couple of months ago. Thankfully for me, by the next morning all pain and stiffness was gone. Hopefully it will be the same for you. Take care of it.

Lora - You sure do make me want to try kettlebells.

Have a great evening!

Linda

I went for a 4 mile walk which consist of a few steep hills and I walked fast. I passed an elderly lady sitting on her porch who wanted to talk and invite me into her home. She picks the trash out of all the trash cans in town. Not sure why she does this. Seems sweet, but very odd..she would not stop talking to me so I had to wave her along. lol. Beautiful day though. Those helicopter thingies kept falling off the trees and there was a nice breeze. I took my mace with me, but didn't need it. Still need to work abs this evening.

Have a great weekend~

Charlotte, I have the elederly talk to me all of the time. I always wonder what look I have that I look like I would help them. I always do. Can't help it. What if I was alone and wanted someone to talk to. I hate when I am in a hurry. I would really like to focus on what they have to say. BTW I wonder what this lady's home was like? With costs and social security I can only imagine!

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.