Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Finally Friday 3-7

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did AOS Firepower. I chose the 2 times thru premix with short breaks and used my 15, 20 & 25 lb KBs. It got harder as it went on and I found myself dropping to my 15 lber more often. I added on Amy Bento's stretch from Hi/Lo dome at the end since this has no cool down or stretch. Workout was 70" long and I burned 484 calories.

After my workout, I figured out that my Platemates work on my KB's....so I'm excited to know I have weights in between now!! I tested them while swinging and they stayed on!

This DVD was okay....but my favorite is still the one from last week done on the beach -- it was non-stop with no breaks and kept your HR even higher than today's workout.

Linda - I have too many DVDs to count. I have an entire box of ones I haven't tried or have only done once and not sure if I'm keeping! I even have some stuff left on VHS that I can't part with....like the original Firms and original Tae Bo Lives, etc. Wow-- sounds like you had quite a day yesterday. I hate when I have "lead legs" and it's a cardio day. I hope to try to start running again. I haven't ran since my last stress fracture. I will have to build up again.

Toasty - I agree- Villainess soaps and BPAL are the best...although the latter are quite expensive. Let me know how you like the "Vulva"! I ended up loving Harikata and Spell of Amorous Love....but not Vulva.

Hi to everyone else. Have a great day! We're supposed to get a ton of snow today and tomorrow here! Sick of it!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is Legs/Back and Yoga cuz I didn't do my leg workout yesterday so double time today. Just very busy.

Lora,

I don't think I would like Spell of Amorous Love because of the notes in there...too fruity, I would think for me. We have not got much snow at all this winter. Very boring winter here. BTW, nice workout. Dh and I are gonna buy some trees for the yard tomorrow.

Did Kenpo X. I don't know if it's because I'm blah today but I'm tired of working out. Anyone feel this way at times?

Wow Lora, you did a GREAT workout this morning! I'm still amazed you can do KB for more than 45 min. LOL I drop my weights a lot of times, too. It's actually a little better that way because you can keep going. Hope you get GOOD DOMS tomorrow. :p

Toasty- If you don't want Spell of Amorous Love, I'll buy it from you. I love the fruity notes. Macchu Picchu is my fav. from BPAL due to the tropical fruit notes. We haven't had much snow this year either. We had 4 inch of snow 2 weeks ago. That was it. BORING winter, too.

Linda- How's your son today? That's terrible he was sick and had a couple of accidents while you were out. I always feel awful for kids who are sick with cold or flu or whatnot. ;( From what I've seen, a lot of kids and adults are sick again. I think my older son is getting sick as he had a diahrrea last night. How old are your children? How do you make the tofu pudding or mousse? I can't remember at the moment which one was it. LOL Sorry! I sent you 2 PMs last weekend. That's weird. And they were very long ones, too. LOL I'll re-reply to your PMs today or tomorrow morning.

Debbie- Have you tried Cytosport Muscle Milk pudding? If so, how's it? I'm thinking about getting some pudding but not sure which taste good?

Question for you moms....How in the heck do you get a child to pee in the dang toilet?! I've been potty or shall I say TRYING to potty train my almost 4 yrs old and he would not pee in the toilet. He knows to go to the toilet but he seems to have a hard time getting the wee-wee out. It's been 3 months already. He's going to Pre-K this fall and I'd like him to be potty trained before then. Any advice or suggestions? He's one stubborn child. No wonder why my mother wanted to kill herself when I was growing up. LOL

Anyway, have a great day, y'all! And don't be slacking off posting on here, either! Too slow this week. Shame, shame....

Lisa

This morning was full body and I had an excellent workout. Gotta deliver Avon today and I'm in a hurry to get out of here before the storm of the century hits. Yikes. This is what I did:

1:30 min. rest between each superset

[font color=indigo]CHEST/BACK[/font]
Barbell Press:
100# - 12/12 (up 5#)
superset w/
Overhand Barbell Rows:
65# - 12/12 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***I can't believe I'm pressing 100# 12 times. This was a good superset. Felt really strong[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS/BICEPS[/font]
Squats:
85# - 12/12
superset w/
EZ Preacher Curls:
62# - 12/8 (up 2# but really 7#)
[font color=blue]***As you can see with the second set, I crashed with the bicep curls. I think it's because it was heavier then I thought. I used a different bar and didn't count the weight of it. I think it's about 5#. So the poundage was actually 67#. These killed.[/font]

[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS/SHOULDERS[/font]
Hamstring Curls:
60# - 12/12 (up 5#)
superset w/
Dumbbell Overhead Press:
26's - 12/12 (up 1#)
[font color=blue]***Excellent superset. I think I could have gone to 27's for the shoulder press for some reason that number scared me. Did not struggle with either shoulder set, though.[/font]

That is all...

Lisa - No, I have never tried that. Never heard of it before.

Char - I'm looking for new music too. Haven't found anything good lately.

Morning Maniacs,

Today was full body with 3 set of 12 and 90 second rest, which inculed those dreaded Bulgarian Split Squats. Had a good workout!

Chest
Flat Barbell Press
12/12/12 - 90#

Back
Pullovers
12/12/12 - 45#

Quads
Bulgarian Split Squats
12/12/12 - 70#

Biceps
Zottman Curls
12/12/12 - 23's (up 2# from the last time I did these)

[/b]Triceps[/b]
Close Grip Bench Press
12/12/12 - 70#

Shoulders
Front Raises
12/12/12 - 12's

then I did some ab work.

Debbie - Nice chest press! 90# was enough for me this morning!

Lisa - DS is six and DD is three. As far as the PM's, I'm sorry I misunderstood. I did get the two last week and a couple of days ago I sent you an email reply. Did you get that? I thought you meant that you had sent another one.As far as the potty training goes, maybe throw some cheerios in the toilet and let him have target practice.;-) The only thing I remember doing is just taking DS all the time, like every half hour, and putting him on the potty, he was bound to go sometime. I also didn't use pull-ups, didn't work for me. Both my kids just treated them like diapers. So I just dealt with the accidents and this way they knew something was wrong when it happened.
Here is the recipe for the tofu pudding:
1 1/2 lbs. soft tofu
1 1/4 sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 oil
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
Blend in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. ***I do not add the oil and I reduce and replace the sugar. Splenda would probably work well or a low glycemic sweetner.

Well, lots to do.... have a great day!

Lisa,

I didn't buy Spell of Amorous Love cuz of the notes. LOL. I do like Macchu Picchu too, and have that one. Good Lawd, been sooooo long since I last potty trained. I don't know what to tell you. Yeah, I am still feeling blah. Procrasinating again.

DAMN Debbie,

I cannot believe you are up to 60# for hamstring curls. Those are so damn hard. I do about 45#. I prefer deadlifts much better cuz I can go heavier and work same muscles. Your benching inspires me all the time. Have you ever done lat pulldowns? I wonder how much you could pulldown. I am thinking probably 110#.

Linda,

That is so creative with the cheerio's in toilet! Lisa will love it!

Hi All,

I'm at work so have to make this quick. First everyone's been working hard!

I did supersets 4 sets of 5, with 1 min rest.

Chest/Back
Incline Barbell Press:
65# - 5
75# - 5
70# - 5/5
Overhand Barbell Rows:
70# - 5/5/5/5
Started with 65 thought it was too light, went to 75 could hardly do te 5th. Took it down to 70 and this was good and hard w/o.

Shoulders/Biceps
Barbell Military Press:
35#- 5
40#- 5/5/5
EZ Preacher Curls:
35# - 5
40# - 5/5/5
I really struggled with these, but I've got to increase my weights so I'll get stonger. Felt good, feeling it today!

Quads/Triceps
Squats:
85# - 5/5/5/5
Close Grip Press:
35# - 5
50# - 5/5/5
These were great! Loved the squats, I'm seeing some change in my butt and legs and loving it!!!
This was a great workout!!! Thanks Debbie!

I have been so busy today. I got up at 4:30 this morning and did Tracey's Sweatfest Kickbox Quick premix no str, then I did Amy's Kick Box Extreme premix intervals skipping the w/up and stopping at the abs, I did 13 minutes of Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp Kickbox only premix cardio, then did the Bonus bag and stretch of Kickbox Ex. I took my grandchildren to school and picked up dd to take her to her dr appointment. We then went to Barnes and Noble and had Starbucks coffee and bought some books. I got two Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbooks and some books for the grandchildren for Easter. We had a pleasant time:D Got to go back and pick up the grandchildren in a little bit. Eating has not been so good today. I have been doing a mostly fruit, veggie and fish diet for the week. Today I had a godiva dark chocolate raspberry bar from Barnes and Noble. Kind of messed up my plan.

Lora, I got a new Lush order today. I needed more Veganease hair conditioner:) I also got a Karma solid perfume(love that scent) and a solid conditioner (I think it is Jungle), and Alkamar soap.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue,

I just got my BPAL package.

Lora,

I should have listened to you about Glowing Vulva. In bottle, it smells like vanilla goodness. Put on skin and it morphed into something odd and now I can't smell anything at all...10 mins later. So the vulva is not glowing, in my opinion. LMAO! It all but disappeared..the smell, not the vulva..hehe. I got Sugar Moon and I think it smells close to Le Befana and I like that one. I like the art work on the Sugar Moon bottle as well. Did you get your Sugar yet?

Char-Cheerios? what do you take me as, a dullard??? I use Fruit Loops in the toilet...I try to make a happy face using my pee on them. Ain't easy and very messy. :+ :p

Linda- I replied to your PMs on sunday. Both of them. I don't know why it didn't go through. My son treats the pull ups as diapers, too. Maybe I'll just leave his undies on all day and let him have his accidents. The problem is he doesn't care if he's wet or stinky. He's just plain happy to relieve himself. I'll give the pudding a try. Do you recommend a brand of tofu? I'm not fond of splenda but use stevia and agave syrup a lot. The agave syrup is AWESOME in coffee but NASTY in iced green tea.

Deb- I know Vitamin Shoppe sells the Muscle Milk pudding. Bodybuilding.com also sells them. I went today to purchase some and of course when you want something, they're out of it. GRR!

Anyway, I'm about to eat some pizza. Have a great night everyone. Maybe your vulva will glow in the dark tonight, Char. :p

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.